Explain how Monogatari is an intelligent series

Explain how Monogatari is an intelligent series

You're clearly didn't get it, so it must be intelligent.

They make Japanese puns and also there's boobs but it's ironic boobs

If there's any intellectual content it's ruined by the pantyshots and the inane banter

Every time there is a pnaty shot, you have to look for the meaning behind it.

Why do people keep bringing up this strawman?

wow so pretentious animes

HANEKAWA

It treats the audience like actual humans who have the ability to parse information from incomplete sources. For example, Kagenui never touches the ground, but there is never a scene where someone wastes five minutes basically breaking the fourth wall to tell someone how she was cursed or whatever.

crab is best girl

What 2ch meme does SHAFT use in gatari?

Cutest, most intelligent girl who doesn't know anything.

CAT

Holy shit she never touches the ground

That a loli can be cute, sexy and amazingly alluring at the same time.

Most of each episode is witty banter between characters and philosophical ruminations rather than physical action.

They dedicated a character to the most intelligent subject, but they didn't show either the subject or the character enough.

it has a great cast of characters with more than one dimension to their personality (if you get far enough into it)

WHY, NISIO? WHAT DOES IT STAND FOR?

>harems
>intelligent

best girlfriend
best lover
most gangsta

They have a lot of split second screens with inane writing on it and have decent bants, so it's deep.

I actually like the show, and it's a nice break from the norm for ecchi harems, but calling it intelligent, deep, or symbolic is a serious stretch. It's just a rare well made ecchi harem that actually has character development. It makes me laugh that a show being a half step about mediocre is all that is needed for it to be lauded as a masterpiece.

Monogatari is not a harem you idiot.

delusional, even by Sup Forums's standards

he gets called out on it in the show. its a harem, the best one.

Since this thread clearly isn't going to go anywhere good can someone remind me what the donuts in Koyomi Torus were about? I seem to recall someone positing that they were the different girls around Araragi and it fits with Cat saying that Shinobu was trying to teach him about love with the activity, but I don't recall if anyone said/guessed what the significance of the doughnut she essentially forced on him by hiding it within another and of the one she sate before the activity could ever start were. Is she keeping herself away from Araragi and pushing Gahara onto him?

Almost all anime is just poorly written pandering garbage. It doesn't take much to be a masterpiece in the medium.

it's fun and the direction in bake is 10/10

It isn't.

a heavy concentration of thinking man's waifus

I say it's an interesting series. There is obviously a lot of symbolism in the stories such as the openings and how each girl deals with apparitions and shit. Don't know about it being deep but they did put some thought on the story.

Deep dialogue and smart characters.

this. breaking 4th wall to explain stuff is unrealistic

Its just obtuse. That doesn't make it smart but it doesn't make it bad either. It just makes it not for some people.

I am one of those people

it's not obtusely "deep" or hard to understand in my opinion, and i don't feel as though it strives to be that way; nor do i feel like it's an "intellectual" anime. it simply has proverb-like monologues that can give you a cerebral chuckle, repetitive dialogue in a conversation that reveals layers of meaning in each instance a word is used "incorrectly" in the form of a pun. it's dialogue driven and the puns are humorous and also thought provoking but not to the pretentious level, just slightly. it's heavily stylized and sticks to it's leitmotifs until you eventually get used to them, the black screens, etc.

tl dr ; i think the dialogue heaviness and the puns and little proverb-like monologues and (it might sound strange but the dialogue reminds me of english comedy banter), these all contribute to it seeming like a intellects anime, but i find this to be half-true.