Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1542

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

loopthetube.com/#TOB-TKNVbJA&start=457.7&end=458.9
kitsunekko.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=IHVoKEK6Txg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Friendly Reminder

How to tell if something is a shitpost:
>calls the community made guide/whatever method a piece of shit with no reasoning given why
>insults someone giving helpful advice with no reasoning given why
>attempts to create arguments over virtually nothing (eg opinions without facts)
>"spam questions" that are easily answered via a 1 second glance at the guide
>uses obtuse Japanese fragments interspersed with English to attempt bypass people trying to filter the shitposts
>any mention of anime being shit, or "real Japanese"
>spells the word as romaji

>>spells the word as romaji
goofed

This list grows every time I look at it

なるべく諦めない!
なせば大抵なんとかなる!

Time spent shitposting is time spent not studying. If you're about to engage in a silly argument or off-topic discussion, close the thread instead. Use your time productively!

Persistence is the key to success. You CAN learn Japanese!

Formally proposing that we rename DJT to
>Daisuki Japanese Thread

No
>Daily Jotsuba Thread

"Daily Jobber Thread" might be more fitting.

The guide is taihen kuso desu. fuck anime.

I've already studied today.
But your right.

This is a shitpost.

More like "Don't Jeven Try" thread

So, no one answered my question. Is Tobira a good alternative after finishing Genki? I went to go a textbook route and I don't know what to do after I finish Genki.

reminder that you should just give up

Don't even bother, you obviously can't learn Japanese. Reddit loves textbooks btw, try asking there.

ちくわ買ってくれよ!
そして食えよ、、、

I haven't done it but as far as I know it's a good choice

I went to tae kim and started reading native material after genki. You should know most of tae Kim by now but not everything (mostly slang/less used stuff)

Thanks, I think I will start alternating with Tobira and native materials then. I think I'll start by reading easy manga.

頑張って

Do the Japanese have a native word for "kissing"?

起きている人がありますか

Is it really a big deal if I'm only getting 80% of my mature cards right? People say you should be at 90%.

アンキってなに?
人生ってなに?

Why did you post this question here instead of checking a dictionary?

Yeah. 接吻と口付ける。キス is just more common though.

Sup Forums is my dictionary.

this is a manga thread, see the OP

Get some friends loser.

80% doesn't seem that low.
Looking at the retention percentage alone is pointless though.

アンキはクソだ
日本の単語だったら、memorizationの意味だ。

You have a hole in your head if you're finding somewhere for 20% of the cards you're looking at to disappear to. Mature cards are cards you've seen enough times they should be ingrained in your memory. If you aren't getting damn near a hundred percent on those then you should abandon all dreams of learning Japanese or better, just kill yourself.
Or more seriously study kanji or something, 80% actually is pretty low.

Oops I see what you mean
I said あります instead of います

See (pic related)

本当な黒人の時間だぞ!
キサマが起こっていると、「好き」ボタンを壊してやがろぉ!!!

If one more label try to stop me it's gon be some dreadhead niggas in ya lobby

I can't get over how funny the concept of "black twitter/black Internet time" is. They think it's some kind of cool unique thing that belongs to them and all it is is the result of their short time preferences causing them to make bad decisions and not get enough sleep.

My mature retention is only 68%. I don't think it is anything worth worrying about.

>I'm retarded, so it's probably OK if you're also retarded.

That's not really what's meant by "real nigga" in this context. They're just using the word nigger to mean "man", but they use a race specific word because they assume they're speaking to other black people.

Will worrying about being retarded improve my stats? Any time spent trying to improve my retention is better spent learning more words.

At least he's less retarded than you are, Brat.

すべての外人はバカだ
諦めたほうがいい

mjk爆笑

You aren't really learning the words if your retention of them is that spotty, are you? That's a pretty loose definition of learning.

no it'll make them worse

install true retention and watch as you realize how many new words you learn ever week and you'll stop giving a shit

あなたは爆笑だけ分かる

このスレのみんなさまが大嫌いです。
・・・ていうか死んで欲しいからさっさとくたばれな

みんな、日本語を使おう。
初心者でも大丈夫だ。
日本語を分かりたかったら、しょうがない。

Are you learning Japanese for the destination or the journey?

両方

Mature retention should be 98%+
Even your Again count should be 85%+

Recognition is such a placebo, just switch to production so you can actually learn Japanese

あなたは死ね

いやです
英語の方がよかろう

あなたは生きろ

遠慮させていただきます。

My again is like 90% and my mature is around 83%

I assume it's just because I mine a lot of weird obscure words

なんでそんなことを言うの

Entirely possible. Or you just forgot something you knew for the moment - yesterday, I forgot how to say microwave in English and had to call it "the thing that cooks food with cancer waves" while pointing at it.

Are you talking about yourself or me?
I'm hearing it sort of like a "lord give me strength" type of phrase.

おにいちゃん、しょうがないから、おまんこになかだししないとだめだよ
おにいちゃん、きいていたか
なかだししないとだめ
おにいちゃん
バカおにいちゃん
ずるいよ

歪んだ日本語で会話は御免だ

I'm saying "I'll refuse", but its written in keigo so its super polite

エロゲを読めすぎる人を見つけた

Thanks
ワロタ

Where can I find Japanese subtitles or transcripts of any anime?

>DJT subthread
Translate lyrics to a well known song, let anons guess

>Starting
また俺の物になりたい、ベイビ

does anyone know what this guy is saying

loopthetube.com/#TOB-TKNVbJA&start=457.7&end=458.9

kitsunekko.net/

英語は最高なのじゃ
日本なんて知るか!

こっちはいいです

Shit I found a site not to long ago but I can't remember right now. Sorry

エーエッチ

エロげをあそんでつづけば、おにいちゃんとせっくすしてほうをきっとみつけるよ

I wish there was a more comprehensive website than this, it's quite lacking

I really want Japanese Kiki's Delivery Service subs and the ones on there are awful

First part is 話は

Second sounds like ケイチョ. Which, according to the dictionary is a "suspicious bird. Apparently, it can also mean "utter"

Come my way, Fetty Wap?

How are japanese people so bad at rapping when like 90% of the language rhymes anyway

I'm trying to ask why would you say such things. If you didn't ask me that then I didn't understand you. Sorry

This was the one I was trying to remember

あなたはクソを満たされた

Japanese friend explained it to me as "because everything can rhyme, no one tries". like it's so commonplace that it isn't viewed the same way it is with romance languages.

>How are japanese people so bad at rapping

I've thought about this so much, I think it's just because culturally they're still stuck in the era of like early rap where it was all about just talking and there was a lot less focus on flow

Could also just be because syllabary's are a bitch

How are they awful?

It was like summarized so a lot of the dialogue wasn't even translated, the sub style also looked like something from the 1980s

うそつき

>Nobody tries
>TFW I'm Black

So you're saying if I move to Japan and actually try to rap I'll be instantly famous? Holy shit, it's fool proof.

私は自閉症

Not a joke

Pixelated yellow subs that remind you of downloading your anime in 65mb .rmvb is the only way to watch anime, honestly.

No, I mean no one tries because they don't care. It's not so impressive to them.

i know

thats the joke xd

>No they're just shit because they have shit taste in rap

Jesus that's depressing.

I would have been able to bare it if the subs actually matched the dialogue

you fucking got me

i dont get all you kids saying theres no rhymes in the raps

youtube.com/watch?v=IHVoKEK6Txg

おはようおにいちゃん

ほらせなかしゃんとして

>the sub style also looked like something from the 1980s

firstly, devilishly checked
and you can change the god damm sub style to be whatever font/size/shadow outline you desire if they're not hardsubbed aka encoded into the video file like some barbarian from the .avi cave man era

This is perfect! ありがとう、兄弟

され
おにいちゃんのおちんちんはあたしのものだよ