How much of your hard drive is anime and manga, Sup Forums?

How much of your hard drive is anime and manga, Sup Forums?

I have an almost full 2TB, as well as four LTO3 tapes filled with anime.

Out of 5.45 TB, I've 4.64 TB is anime, then I've got another drive with an additional TB.

That can't be all anime, unless that's an external hard drive.

>hard drive
>not plural

It's one of 3 external drives, my main hard drive has 600 gb on it.

>hard drive
>2016
>using spinning fucking platters

Disgusting

have all of it backed up on a second drive too

371GB of anime and 33GB of manga on a 500GB drive.

485GB of anime.

5GB of pics and colouring in fap comics.

Getting a new 2TB external later this month.

I don't hoard digital media unless it's music.

At least 3 or 4 TB. Of which there's at least a terabyte of manga.

I really need to get a new HDD.

I also have most of the Gundam Series and the Patlabor TV series in my D: drive.

320 GB of anime

But will transfer them to my 2tb external drive and then torrent more anime since most of them are shitty 480p downloaded anime

I am a streamer.

What's the purpose of hoarding all this anime?
It's not like you're going to back and rewatch all of this shit or anything like that

nice try

when shit hits the fan and the internet stops working (caps, censorship, licensed only access, etc) i will have terabytes of my favorite shows and music archived
you'll have nothing
happy to share though if we could somehow start a harddrive mailing tree or something
we got you covered user

I delete anime that I don't plan to rewatch, and I usually read manga on batoto or on my tablet. So probably about 200-500GB, which are the series I'm currently watching or plan to watch/rewatch in the foreseeable future.
I do store a lot of shit on my drive though, so 2TB isn't enough for me anymore.

I like being able to have the BDs of shows.
Also every other year or so I have to sit in the desert for six months, having a huge backlog I can pull from at a moment's notice works great in that situation.

I have a couple hundred gigs of detective conan laying around.

194 GBs on a 1.36 TB external. Most of it is a bloated Ghibli compilation release that I downloaded.

I delete after finishing.

1 gig

That's it

Thats not even a single hd episode. Im legit not sure why your browsing Sup Forums?

I have a full 250GB external and am working on a 1TB one. I'd probably already have the 1TB filled up but I bought a ton of BDs last year and deleted a bunch of my downloads since I didn't need them anymore.

This is after I remuxed all the dual-audio releases and re-encoded flacs for almost every release to libfdk_aac with batch ffmpeg commands.

I need to coalesce some directories.

Been browsing since I was 14. 25 now.

Delete after watching.

That doesn't seem completely unreasonable.

>HDD
mfw
I
have
no
face

you have to be rich if you can afford dozens of terabytes of SSD for storage.

I just needed to move up to a new external now that my shit I've finished watching adds up to 2TB.

There are going to be thousands of people offering to make copies of their hard drives for a reasonable fee or otherwise. I feel safe.

they'll laugh you off because you didn't store anything to trade.

you know, someone has to make those copies.

Not everyone watches anime in 144p, user

>trade
There's this thing called money.

I host a media server for my friends. easy to recommend stuff if they have easy access to it

The problem is gonna be contacting them and the logistics of dealing with drives and them not being shitheads and everything happening in a timely manner.
The other problem is when everyone just assumes what you have, that someone else will take care of it - Then no one does and it's all gone forever. (This actually happened with the Grateful Dead in their late middle years - Everyone just assumed someone else was taping the show. Turns out for many, no one was and the only recordings today are incomplete and shit.)
I know that I am not a shithead (I won't even charge, that's fucked up) and I am indeed archiving tons of shit - But it's just the shit I happen to like and I can only make so many copies so fast etc.
And the reality is, if shit really hits the fan like this, we prolly will have more important things to worry about - Who knows if sharing physical drives will even be possible at that point.

Thank god I became scum and started to watch streamed anime. I check the avilable stream quality and then weigh it up against the quality of avilable downloads. 80% of the time I can just open notepad and pick something to watch online.

>That feel when your 500gb backlog is wiped off your HDD

I need more space but I'm worried I'll break something by adding more internal drives and hate external ones.

The primary HD? None. It's a 150gb SSD that's 50% Windows 7, 20% Adobe CS6, 20% images for shitposting on Sup Forums. The remainder is virtual RAM.

Even my secondary is only 10% manga, 15% anime, and 40% visual novels.

Probably not the best place to ask this, but i diden't want to shit up your board with my own thread.

What is a good 1-2 season anime that a pleb can get into? With the exception of the 'Normie tier' anime (DBZ, KLK, attack on titan) I've only seen:
>steel angel kurumi
>Gantz
>Tri gun
>Noir
Thank you friends.

P.S. I have a thing for tsundere girls if that helps.

boku no pico

i have over 600 gigs on my 1TB drive. i had to delete 300 gigs a few months ago because my computer was fucking up.

Make a thread on /wsr/ and I'll answer you.

For someone as pleb as you you don't even need to post. Just lurk someone else's generic "what animes r gud" thread and choose a name that sticks out.

Maybe if you're a retard.

about 9TB

and 600 pieces of 25GB BD-R to backup my bdmv's

Remember to make backups.

>Not SSDxHDD master setup.

It's too much of a pain. The one time I did back up though, the next day my hard drive died.

i lost 2TB of bdmv.

My 3 2TB's have lasted 6 years so far

3TB or so - yuyuko hungers for more drives

1.05 TB

Where are the hard drives? How much did that cost to set up?

dont worry, I have a crash plan subscription dedicated to my anime

746 GB between my computer and my HDD, not counting my anime reaction folder, anime music, hentai, ecchi, and manga.

I stream anyways.

I wish I understand what all that meant.

Around 2tb, scared to even organize it either if it wasn't released in a batch it's probably single files all together in 1 folder from the folder I send all downloads too. Probably around 300gb of copies or downloads from alternate subgroups when good subs aren't out on time.

200GB external - full
1TB external - full
2TB external - full
3TB external - about 25% full

Shows I particularly like are on two drives instead of one. Fortunately, I haven't had any HD failures yet, despite the smallest being close to 10 years old by now.

What's the best way to do it? I have things just sitting around on externals but I know it's not a long-term solution.

>mfw I take my external HD every day to work
How prone is it to fuck up? Passportfag here.

Depends on the drive. I had an older model with a WD Black drive in it. Sucker went to Iraq and back and 4years of school. Still works great.

Did you see any brown lolis?

200GB IIRC. (HDs are expansive in my country)

Half of my RAID5.

>How much of your hard drive is anime and manga, Sup Forums?

Only ecchi anime, so I don't need more than this.

Holy

This is the majority, there is a few hundred more GB of stuff that isn't sorted or is hentai that is located somewhere else.

None, because I stream anime. I'm only going to watch it once so whats the point in downloading it to my hard drive, I'd be a waste of space.

You can't avoid sudden drive failures

>all those streamfags

Mostly free, and what I do have is mostly videogames.
Why would you keep manga and anime saved, if you arent watching/reading it?
If it's great then I will buy it, but I dont see the point in leaivng stuff clutter up my PC.

How much of that content is 2hu?
My 2hu is a pitiful 3k files.

Nowadays streams have quality comparable to downloadable anime. There is no noticeable difference unless you're watching it on a huge screen.
What's your point?

It's kinda like with online manga readers. They used to be shit because of compression and watermarks, but now we have batoto which left no reason to download manga other than for archiving or reading it on a portable device. Although I think they're removing some licenced stuff now, which is very unfortunate.

I have 2 3TB drives. The first one is full and the second one is 60% full. I'm pretty new to anime though, I've only seen 17 shows, got them by some group called coalgirls.

>quality comparable to downloadable anime
>unless you're watching it on a huge screen
So in the same sense you shit and a gourmet steak is comparable. you can compare them, that doesn't mean the outcome will be favorable.

Heh.

quality was always just a tertiary bonus
downloading is about having a copy that you are in full control over
it's about being able to choose whatever subs you want
it's about censorship and no one else being able to remove something you should have access to
it's about freedom

No, it's never been about those things. It's always been quality elitism. Like with MPC-CCC vs VLC.

I remember when I had well over 2TB Touhou stuff myself.
I god disinterested of Touhou almost completely in the past few years though and my TH folder is only 142GB anymore.

I delete my animes after watching them

in the 3u server at the bottom - yuyuko, she handles file and print serving - 6 x 2TB drives in RAID10

>How much of that content is 2hu?

on yuyuko - almost none - 20GB of music maybe

And the cost? I really want to have a giant pool of space so I can setup auto syncing and backing up to a local server but have next to no idea about the hardware involved.

hard to say, used parts I had left over along with buying things incrementally

say

£55 for motherboard + cpu
£20 for ram
£25 for raid card + battery backup
£40 for case
£20 for PSU
£300 for 6 2TB drives

could easily make something similar for much less - look into hp microservers, can get some of those at very reasonable prices

I feel honored knowing that you posted in my thread.

0TB

I've slowly been deleting as I've been rationing my hard drive space as other things take up space, it's a couple hundred gigabytes or something

I've stuck myself at a single terabyte for years and I'm going for a 2gb external drive soon

>Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Apprentice Sysadmin of !GEnsOKyOwY
Refresh my memory, is this the tripfag who had the Umineko room?
I wonder what that room looks like right now.
>Your room will never be that glorious
>Just the price of tatami mats made you give up on the idea of improving your shithole.

Somewhere around 50GB

My connection is fast enough so that whatever I want is downloaded by the time I've taken a pre-watch piss.

None, I stream in 480p

Three 4TB drives?

I have around 0.5 TB on my external harddrive filled up. Theres a few western shows but I'd say its roughly 85% anime.

Been watching since Jan 2013, 3 TB now.

I've got a pair of 2 tb external drives that I use to store he highest quality copies I could find of about 100~ series/films I love, with a few more added each year.

Got another 1 tb drive of artbook/light novel/fanbook/etc. for those same series, plus a few general ones just from authors/artists I like.

Currently planning to buy a 4tb drive to start stockpiling manga, and then burn everything to a fat stack of BDs just to be safe.

I'm doing this solely because I'm convinced one day this shit will be damn near impossible to pirate as copyright holders continue to clamp down hard on it.