ITT: We discuss Christianity(Protestantism)

I've been wondering about this for a while; growing up Catholic and studying how terrible it is, I'm now a recent convert to Protestantism. However, I find it hard to choose the proper Branch off church to follow and pick for a community to participate in.

I've gone to an evangelical church and saw too many entranced old people with blank stares with a couple hipster teens standing around.

I don't get it, where has Protestantism gone, it's true form. Not these pseudo-Protestant divisions that are basically cults for Preachers and the Church structure, rather than the Lord.

In your experience, which branch off most truly sticks to the heart of Protestantism in seeing Jesus as the prime ideal, based on the New Testament for the betterment of all people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4OoZ2iv7zPc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0f6_epwixV5qlZLKLx5SxZw4Roxosyb4
youtube.com/watch?v=-p-YsXAFlv8
youtu.be/y-RAyIJ0tNo
youtube.com/watch?v=l_deiiaZC8I
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL13eE2x3qhPmDJCPm9F2cjckCUdUSubU1
youtube.com/watch?v=4ITGok5Cw08
kingjamesbibleonline.org/search.php?hs=1&q=tradition
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It has always been controlled opposition to Catholicism. Both of them are false doctrines, put out by the ruling class to pacify us. A corpse on a cross. Really? Look at the animals of nature to see God's true beliefs.

>The most moral individualist philosophy which bred the greatest civilization devised by man and built the pillars for the Future of Civilization is a false Doctrine

Boy you're out of touch. Let me guess, you're angry at Mom and Dad?

>inb4: NO! I'M JUST MAD AT STUPID RELIGIOUS RETARDS NOT KNOWING WHAT SCIENCE IS

You don't know who the fuck God is, kiddo.

"The sun is for scriptures,
The sun is for pleasures,
The sun is for faith,
The sun is the christ
The sun to god is pleasing."

Did i translate it right?

"By Scripture Alone,
By Grace Alone,
By Faith Alone,
Through Christ Alone,
Glory to God Alone."

No.

These are the Solae of the Reformation.

Ah, its "soli" that threw me. It appears as Solus, Sola, and Soli. Couldnt figure out if it was a noun because i didnt notice the declension it would be in.

Are you a protestant?

i don't understand. is this thread about Christianity or protestantism?

Christianity
|
Protestantism || Catholicism

^ About Protestantism. Why do you think Christianity and Protestantism are two different things?

I am an atheist and determinist. I was raised protestant, southern baptist. Sunday school and all. While personally I deny gods existance, I also believe that the church plays an integral part in the structure of communities.

Bapticostal.
I pretty much agree with the salvation doctrine of Steven Anderson, and the charismatics like Todd White.

I want a mix of the two, tbqh. I do attend Independent Baptist KJV only churches.

They don't exist. Close the door. Read the scriptures. Wait for the world to end. It's closer than you think.

Christianity had to die in order for the apocalypse to happen. And it has died in the corporal sense.

No church is gonna tell you that.

God's existence is engrained in the fabric of your psychology, he's more real than anything you can conceptualize.

The materialist viewpoint is so incomplete it baffles me how people still think it makes any sense; it completely contradicts itself over and over

Damn......I will keep searching, or form my own damn community and convert Christians to true protestant belief and to truly following Christ over evangelists

Tell me about the Orthodox Faith
I'm a Catholic but have not been a practicing religions person for years until recently - I have become disillusioned with the religion (pope, family being shitters, etc.)
I've been interested in getting into a more traditional christianity.
I'm not familiar with converting from different denomination.
I should mention that I have been baptized as a baby, gone through first communion, and confirmation

Going to add to this, modern Christianity is a meme. It died intellectually decades ago, now its just writhing in death throes waiting for Christ to come and put it out of its misery.

Are you lost? is over there. I don't know how you people keep making this mistake.

Let Christ teach you. Read the New Testament, live by the Five Solae. Let no one beside Scripture, God, and Christ tell you what to think.

Living the model of the teachings of Christ is a powerful journey of Sacrifice and discovery. You must find it within you and by Christ.

That's the crucial part of Faith; it's difficult, therefore truly virtuous.

Short answer: Read the teachings of Christ and understand scripture.

This is the salvation doctrine according to the Bible, which is why the Catholics burned the real Christians for daring to read the Bible. The pope is not scriptural, in fact the pope is an antichrist by definition.
youtu.be/4OoZ2iv7zPc

This is amazing.

Thanks for sharing brother.

>Steven Anderson
>mix
Pottery.

the Trinity isn't scriptural
sola scriptura isn't scriptural

I do however think he's twisting some aspects of belief in Christ. As in saying Belief is pure subjective belief alone, that which grants you salvation. I think the scripture details more into saying that true belief in the acts of Christ are to follow in his footsteps, thus removing "Murder and other horrible sins on earth" out of the equation entirely. If you claim to believe in Christ, even in your heart of hearts, but your superficial belief wasn't strong enough to follow Christ, you had no belief to begin with, you just fooled yourself into thinking that, therefore Christ never knew you.

Why are you so obsessed with this?
You can still disagree with someone but you can't use that as an excuse to be dismissive of everything they preach.

There is only ONE true, catholic, and apostolic church. Remember those words?

>I've been interested in getting into a more traditional christianity.
If the church seems lost to you perhaps try a Tridentine mass (latin mass), There's usually at least one parish in any given area that performs it.

Here we go again.....

>Hey goy, divide yourselves into subgroups, then divide yourselves again.
>Now hate each other and criticize everything.

>However, I find it hard to choose the proper Branch off church to follow and pick for a community to participate in.
its protestantism, choose whichever one you feel like at the moment

Fair enough. At the moment I don't identify with one single variant. I just stick to Christ and scripture above all.

°OP on Mobile

DELET THIS
NOW

At the end of the day we all follow Christ. It's just a preference for communities and attitude toward scripture.

or better yet, become a wiccan. if your not going to take religion seriously anyway at least have fun with it, do some magic spells or something

Make me.

I think I take Religion extremely seriously for its impact on human nature. I'm just convinced scripture God and Christ are most important.

kek I find it humorous that you've gone to the effort of saving all this evidence while you're half a world away. Yet I literally live 15 minutes from his church and I've never been there once.
For what it's worth I agree with you Poland, his condolence of race mixing is disgusting, but he does have some good points on other issues. Have a critical mind and learn to separate the good from the bad.

Here join this church OP
The Restless Church: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0f6_epwixV5qlZLKLx5SxZw4Roxosyb4

i believe that only the book of revelations matters. its that just as valid?

I ask you this.

What works did the theif on the cross do?

Salvation is salvation. Trust in the completed work of Christ on the cross. Now if you continue in sin you will not lose salvation, but you will lose rewards in the kingdom to come.

Scripture says we will rule and reign with Christ for 1000 years on earth. Jesus will rule with an iron rod fron Jerusalem, and then the devil will be loosed from Hell one last time before being cast into Hell forever. How much work you do for the Lord after you are saved will determine the amount of responsibility Jesus will put in you in the 1000 year kingdom.

>Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Jews who reject grace I believe will be made to bow down to us after we are changed in the twinkle of an eye in the rapture and made to be christlike.

>9And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

>leaving the Catholic Church
>ever

I don't even know. If you absolutely need to leave the Church don't go with Protestant heretics. Go with Orthodox. Or Coptic. One of the old church branches.

Interesting.

Will look into lol

the church is being corrupted
youtube.com/watch?v=-p-YsXAFlv8

You should really start here though
youtu.be/y-RAyIJ0tNo
You probably know a lot of this stuff, but its organized very well.

>11For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 12Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

>13Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you. 14We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. 15Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. 16Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? 18My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 19And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. 20For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. 21Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. 22And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

>23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

I hope burning in Hell forever was part of your plan.

Enjoy your godly niggers, m8.

How are you going to fully understand a book written 2000 years if you are not first familiar with:
1) the culture of the people that wrote it
2) all the languages the book went through and the cultures of each of those societies
3) all the discussions surrounding the book itself. From the early christian schisms to the great east-west schism.

You cant just grab the bible and read it, its a terrible way of trying to understand the true word of God. Trying to do that is paradoxically, submitting yourself to the interpretation of the people that came before you.

This earth was made to be destroyed. I don't give a single Fuck about it other than the souls that need to be saved who live upon it.

You must be a very sad man. 4 billion women on this planet and you can't reproduce with a single one of them. Log off your computer and live for Christ before it's too late. I am planning on going soul winning Saturday morning and I have never felt more alive.

I've chosen to study the New Testament as the authority for modeling a virtuous life and as the best source for getting closer to God. This is because of two things, the reconciliation of Science and God through Evolutionary psychology, and a real grasp of the reasoning and metaphysical justifications upon which the enlightenment and values of the Western World were built on. And that I'd through the reformation in decentralized admiration for Christ, the ultimate meta hero and Lord.

I think /christian/ or r/religion would be more to your liking. Why the fuck are you even here? Is this an organised raid or just christcucks can't help but push their noses where they don't belong?

>How are you going to fully understand a book
Through the Holy Ghost who our Lord sends to lead us into all truth. Have you read the Bible yet?

>Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Pray for discernment every time you open your Bible.

I think Christian faith built the pillars of Western Society, and trying to ignore that results in horrible secular politics and the destruction of the social fabric necessary for good Nations.

Even in this simple image you can tell they are fucking retarded

How can there be 5 solus (single) things? Fuck you shitbags

Then fix your churches. This repulsive tumor that chrstianity morphed into isn't worth not just respecting but even keeping alive.
youtube.com/watch?v=l_deiiaZC8I

I Have been here since 2005, when I followed memes posted on the Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45 forums to this site.

Maybe you should deactivate your Reddit account, fedoralord. I don't even have an account.

Is it alright to join a random Baptist Church one of who's members handed me a flyer? The flyer makes it seem like they're definitely not tremendous cucks but some of the supernatural stuff seems kind of hard to leap into (heaven, hell, imaging God to be something that can hear prayers). Baptist churches are the only churches I see in my area that aren't black churches or mexian cathedrals.

It is. Rome was rampant with homosexuality and even took control of Christianity in order to control the masses and preserved the text in exclusively Latin so that they could control what got out about Christ

> HOW CAN ICE, WATER, AND STEAM BE DIFFERENT THEY ARE ALL THE SAME

This is you right now

Thats great and all, but are you studying the actual new testament or the interpretation of what the new testament said based on the experience of a 16 century english scholar?

>I've been wondering about this for a while; growing up Catholic and studying how terrible it is, I'm now a recent convert to Protestantism. However, I find it hard to choose the proper Branch off church to follow and pick for a community to participate in.
America/10.

Steam, water and ice ARE different things.

Polnigger, you don't get how this whole Christian thing works do you? This world was meant to be destroyed, by sitting here jacking off over these (you)'s, you are fulfilling God's work, by mocking Christians you are fulfilling exactly what God said you were gong to do, you are still in his servitude, you are just on the other side of it.

No, Noone is saying
Sola water
Sola faggot
Sola steam
Like it's something being a single pilar of a doctrine nigger

Protestants are the cancer of Christianity

No just because you take on a different form doesn't you change the fundamental identity my child.

BEST SERIES
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL13eE2x3qhPmDJCPm9F2cjckCUdUSubU1

youtube.com/watch?v=4ITGok5Cw08

So if i threw you into an oven for few hours, you wouldn't change?

lt is widely known, that the Bible tells us about Sacred Tradition. Now tell me, which part of the Bible tells "Sola Scriptura"?

Edgy memer xDD

No faggot, the things that compose me would still there.

the whole point of christ was the change of the status quo, and ensure that there was one light, one truth, one way.

>Edgy memer
Where the fuck you think you are, faggot?

>But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Check it out, this is what Catholics reminds me of.

>5Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?

>6He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

>7Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

>8For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

>9And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

This is the closest we can get to the word of God, if you are not reading this version then you are not even trying.

Well. So, what now? It hardly refers to "Sola Scriptura".

This ^ Christ is redemption.

By the way, completely unrelated, I wonder what the fuck the Mormons are up to; crazy bastards. Love their community though; families are traditional, pure, and numerous. Such nice folk.

You can cut the bullshit, we're not going to convert to your semi-pagan quasi-Christian religion, get fucked.

Lutheranism master race here. Catholics are mostly OK.
"""Orthodox""" """""Christianity""""" is not Christianity at all.

A breeding ground for larpers, faggots, autism, and faggots like yourself who belong on Tumblr/reddit

Thats some damn impressive architecture

Mate, there's no fucking difference. You'll still celebrate pagan holidays and get hard for a kike on a stick

Go to a good, traditional Presbyterian church. PCA and OPC are good ones if you're in America.

God warns us against witchcraft and sorcery. You are getting power from a counterfeit spirit, from evil. You are in the will of the devil. Jesus loves you and falls for you to renounce your choices and follow him

>lt is widely known, that the Bible tells us about Sacred Tradition

Haha

kingjamesbibleonline.org/search.php?hs=1&q=tradition

All in a negative sense , want to try word or god or scripture?

Nice docu

>meme flag
>king james version of the bible
>verses talking about jewish tradition

This folks, is why it used to be outlawed for individuals to translate the bible into their native tongue. The bible needs to be understood and studied by people that understand the history, tradition and intended message.

Protestantism was a mistake.

Oneness Pentecostal is only true church.

>Multiple Solas
>Multiple
>Sola
LOL ok protties.

I am an atheist though latelty checking in to scripture i've begin to become more of a doubting thomas than just fedora
might be that I find myself a believer --
the churches though -- they seem so rotten no matter do you look at them as a believer atheist or someone struglling with faith.
I think the reading scripture and discussing them in your own community circle of friend seems a better deal than any establisehed church these days

all strawmans , the only thing cathocucks can come up with, check any other bible version they all say the same.

>verses talking about jewish tradition

Somehow cathocucks think they are better then the jews

>Protestantism was a mistake.

see pic related

>protestcuckism

Fuck off heretic.

your pope is a fag lover

yet you're the guys with official gay marriages in your "churches"

The only group that ever got it right were the Saracens, the Papists killed them off sealing mankind's doom.

That made me laugh.

The one true answer is Methodism. John Wesley was a true disciple.