Why is divorce such an underused theme in anime?

Why is divorce such an underused theme in anime?

The only character I can think of is Jotaro

Because most anime are about high school kids.

Because it's easier to just make the parents work overseas or just dead.

Only shitty americans are getting divorced all the time.

Also, because it's not a topic that fits the kind of stories that anime usually tell.

Probably for glorious Nihon it's shameful to divorce.

Exactly! Why are so many parents together? Accel World's has divorced parents.

It happens quite a bit with parent backstories, just not with the actual cast. This season we have Lovepon whose father disappeared and then her mother had to rely on some shady monk guy.

>Not watching Digimon Adventures

There is an anime called Kotoura when a girl with mind reading powers tells her father that mom has been cheating on him.

The parents divorce and the mother reacts by disowning her daughter. Shit made me mad as fuck

this desu, as a non-american I can confirm

Because it's overused already in real life.

This boy is a son of a divorce

It's not so much dishonorable as the common conditions aren't met.
For people to divorce there's usually 3 conditions:
1) betrayal
2) loss of income/status
-- 3) losing interest in each other --

While #2 is as likely in Japan as in America, betrayal can't really happen without sex, and Japanese males don't have sex.
But the real reason why divorces are so rare is that the most common reason, losing interest in each other, is irrelevant when the partners never see each other because of work.

>I like corm

Is it the reason why he's different in other parts?

In part 3 he was very serious, but he still showed other emotions and even laugh once in a while. In part 4 and onward he's more socially incompetent. The kind of guy that doesn't know how to interact with other people almost on a autistic level.

Same for Kouji and Koichi in Frontier.

Well, it happens a lot in hentai, with all these raping stepfathers

Divorce is taboo in Japan.

Don't do that.

probably not in the anime

but in the manga there was a sub-plot about the main girls friend being from a divorced family

Because Japan isn't America.