Why is character-driven so much better than plot-driven?

Why is character-driven so much better than plot-driven?

Other urls found in this thread:

sakuga.yshi.org/data/cf5951745bc4fabd1091b6971baf3301.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can't get invested in a plot without good characters.

You want to fuck the characters, but you can't fuck the plot.

Plot driven are often too detached from reality and without good characters you don't get as invested.

what about character-driven plot-driven shows?

What's the point of a good plot if you don't give a shit about the characters.

character what?

Your opinion, character driven narratives can be incredibly shitty if done badly, and the same goes for anything really

I personally like device-driven, like berserk

>you can't fuck the plot.
You can if you're the director of the show

Any plot can be a good plot. Only some characters can be good characters.

>plot-driven
>plot driven plot

wut

TTGL's plot revolves around Simon, it's more or less just a means to develop him

But Lucky Star is boring shit. If you had said K-ON! then you'd had an argument.

For that matter TTGL is heavily character driven as well as plot driven so it's twice as good as any other shows.

Plot driven story m8
i.e. trainwrecks

anime is inferior to 3d in characters, but they can be better at story driven shit.

Lucky Star is only enjoyable as a novelty. A time capsule back from 2007.

Anime does character one of those things exceptionally well, and the other below average.

>heavily character driven
>the only character development in the last 15 episodes is two minor characters switching sides

I remember this war!

They picked the wrong character.

Kamina was never his own character, he was supplementary to Simon from the beginning

plot is a sequence of events

I rather kill myself before I watch lucky star

Too MANLY for you?
sakuga.yshi.org/data/cf5951745bc4fabd1091b6971baf3301.webm

Because whoever watches anime for the plot is retarded and should grab a book or watch american TV instead.

Anime is meant to be escapism, not serious shit.

You need to re-learn anime.

Yes, and stories that focus on those sequence of events, and the characters react and change to those events are generally called plot driven stories.

Character driven is the opposite, the plot is the characters changing and reacting to other characters. The characters are essentially the plot.

For example, NGE is character driven because it isn't about the angels attacking and our main characters defending earth from them, its about the characters and their trauma and the last two episodes reflects this.

Meanwhile Aria is more plot driven, because most of the episodes consist of Akari and the gang reacting to events in Neo-Venezia, though it does have some character driven episodes

Because japs cant into good story
you know im right

>referential humor

now that's low

Referential humor is epic, see Family Guy or The Simpsons.

Exactly. If they decided that Kamina was his own character instead of Simon, then they would have picked the right character.

onani master kurasawa is a good story

or Ulysses
Referential humor is garbage.

Speak for yourself.

>epic

I hate how difficult it is to know if you are being ironic or seriously retarded

simpsons was only funny precisely when it didn't do referential humor

>some retards misuse the word "epic"
>therefore you are not allowed to use it

Might as well stop posting forever.

But Gurren Lagann is both.

please do

>hurr durr NGE is character driven. the last two of 26 episodes of this action mecha shounen reflects this. see?

You are talking about 2 different genres. tv drama and action/adventure

They can into good stories, but they can't into satisfying endings.

Generally you see trends, of course. However, you will see character drama in plot driven stories and you can have character driven stories in adventure anime.

Its the climax of the entire story. I'd say its a valid point.

/Thread

evangelion is not an "action mecha shounen" what the fuck

Because who even gives a shit about what happens if you don't even care about the one it's happening to. The only exception I can think of personally is Gasaraki.

>the only character development in the last 15 episodes is two minor characters switching sides

First of all you couldn't be more wrong. Second of all there is zero character development in lucky star.

>Aria is more plot driven

Because most writers in Japan tell a story to tell an archetype, not to tell a well constructed story.

aria is world-driven

*Atmosphere only driven

*cat-driven