Why is it that whenever shoujo/josei has a male lead it's plot has said male lead being cucked or cheated on?

Why is it that whenever shoujo/josei has a male lead it's plot has said male lead being cucked or cheated on?

I've never seen a shounen/seinen romance manga with a female lead getting the same treatment.

It's really bothersome because shoujo guys would literally be the perfect shounen/seinen protagonists.

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=38680
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because women are spawns of the devil, l thought that was common knowledge

>Why is it that whenever shoujo/josei has a male lead it's plot has said male lead being cucked or cheated on?
I've only read one shoujo/josei with a male lead and he wasn't "cucked". (I feel dirty for using that word)
>I've never seen a shounen/seinen romance manga with a female lead getting the same treatment.
I have.

>I've only read one shoujo/josei with a male lead
There's your problem.
Here's a quick example of what I mean.
>Souta, who's attending a confectionary school, is in a relationship with Saeko, a girl one year older than him. He fell in love at first sight with her four years ago, and right before Christmas last year, they finally had their first kiss. Because his girlfriend really loves chocolate, every day, Souta tries to polish his chocolate-making skills. Even when his girlfriend smells like cigarettes although she doesn't smoke, even when she turns down his invitation to a date on Valentine's day, he's still not broken-hearted at all, and he still continues to love her.
>mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=38680

>I have.
What?

>There's your problem.
No, that really is *your* problem.
Because I don't have one.

>What?
I have read a shounen/seinen manga where the female lead got "cucked".
But I only now realize you added a "romance" into that description. I don't read a lot of romance, so no, I never read anything of the sort.

>Goody two-shoes gets to know the typical bad boy
>Basically rapes her and turns her into a slut
>She realizes the guy is fucking girls left and right and overall being a shitty person, so she decides to 'fix' him
>Meets good boy in the process and also falls in love with him, cucking bad boy in the process
>Can't decide which to choose
>Finally go for bad boy after he shows signs of being fixed

Why does every josei plot have to be like this?

Because it sells
It's very dramatic

The key here is it would need to be a male demographic with a female lead where the feMC gets cucked.

If you're pretending to be a butthurt woman, 10/10 you got it on the first try. Everything from the lack of supporting evidence to side-stepping responsibility, bam.

If you're actually a woman, people like you are why misogynists feel vindicated.

If you're trolling, fucking phenomenal. 10/10, would be rustled every damn time.

Indeed.
Bastard!

>pretending to be a butthurt woman,
I'm not sure where you got that from. The fact that I dislike Sup Forumspol/ memes?

The Embalmer was pretty good. But that guy actually had a serious psychological problem rather than being a playboy.

I actually remember reading a manga where the girl "reforms" a serial impregnater who would poke holes in condoms and knock up his classmates because his imouto wanted a sibling.

She dated him for a while but broke up, realizing he saw her as a mother figure. She still hugged him and shit even when she started dating the real male lead.

Yeah. I can lie too, provide proof.

>Bastard!
>female lead

Are you retarded. DS is the MC and every woman in the universe existences to spread themselves before him. He can't be "stolen" because every woman in existence is his possession.

Because sluts love to cuck people

You don't like that one?
How about InuYasha?
The guy got constantly tempted by his old flame.

Girls need someone to self-insert into regardless. The only truly good shoujo manga is gender bender like Angel Sanctuary or Bokura no Kiseki where a former female is now a male.

Because girls can self insert into them they don't get cheated on or are in extended unrequited loves. They're surrounded by a unisex harem and it's great.

She was her reincarnation or some shit anyways wasn't she?

I didn't get too far into it since the manga's art isn't great and neither is the scan quality.

>She was her reincarnation or some shit anyways wasn't she?
Jesus Christ, the lengths you will go to to rationalize everything away that would disagree with your prejudice.

I never even claimed anything about general tendencies. Why are you so insecure?

I don't even understand the tangent you're going down. It's almost indisputable that male leads get fucked over or cheated on in shoujo/josei than female leads do in shounen/seinen.

yoko and ds aren't even in a relationship, how can she be cucked

>It's almost indisputable
This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I just TOLD you I wasn't disputing anything you said about general tendencies, and yet you STILL bring it up like I'm disagreeing with you, just because I had the nerve to bring up counter-examples. Why are you so insecure?

don't like it don't read it
cuck

DS is in a relationship with every female in the universe by default.

Helter Sketer. Nana etc. Bruh, do you even read shojo/josei?

It just sucks because it generally happens after 2-3 volumes once you're invested in it.
The author probably runs out of material at that point.

I can't even remember how many chapters of stuff like Anatolia Story and Basara I had to skip because of the "he's a child rapist but also hot, so I don't think he's a bad person, let's abandon the established love interest to go save him!"

I think you misunderstood, because those are both josei with a female lead. Not josei/shoujo with a male lead.

And they get cucked. But fine, The town where we live has the MC cucking girls.

Sekine, being cucked... just read, Sekine is a sex machine, he even try to "rape" her.

Why do little kids watch super hero shows?
Why are 99% of shounen characters unkillable weeds who spout super powers?
Why is a harem protag 100% passive but still maintains his harem?

P O W E R
O W E R
W E R
E R
R

People love to fantasize about power given to them and not maintained.

This, it's a low hanging plot development, like tournament arcs in shonen.

so what you're saying is that a women's power fantasy is cucking men

indresersting

yes passive power fantasies are at the crux of emotions

it isn't that someone makes you do something so much as whether or not you willingly consented to it that makes you frustrated or angry. etc etc

negative emotions come from cohercion, or lack of choice.

also cucking sounds like a reasonably simple to implement plot device to stir up drama, within a simple contemporary setting, regardless of any other developments.

Because women don't value loyalty to the same extent men do. So if a manga targeted at men had a female lead who got cucked, the male reader would feel angry and want her to stop dating that guy who cucked her, even without the self insertion factor. If a manga targeted at women has the male lead get cucked, the women see him still loving her as "tru wuv" and don't really see that she is disloyal to the extreme as as big a deal.

It just has to be written by a woman actually.

Seinen Manga where Woman Hater guy has his Bro's Girlfriend gangraped because he didn't want filthy women near his boy crush, the whole manga is literally the Girlfriend cucking the unaware Boyfriend out of a generic Hentai excuse like blackmail, till she connects with the Woman Hater after getting to know his past (he was abused by his Stepmother and Aunt), they both fall in love and pretty much everyone cheers for them while the cucked bastard just sort of accepts being stepped on.

The funny thing is that the manga is a remake (rehash) of a Hentai Manga she did before going professional, she didn't even try to put a spin where the Nice Guy wins this time around, she just expanded the orinal concept.

I have no clue what you are talking about OP.

Nearly all shoujou romances are harems where every single girl is forced to fall in love with a main character and then watch him with other girls. That is what the harem genre is. Lies, misunderstandings, etc-- they all happen to the point of insanity. It is not treated seriously and excuses are made for it not to be a betrayal.

But think about Nisekoi. The level of disrespect he shows to all of their feelings and affection goes beyond being "dense" and many would consider his stalling on multiple girls who loves him, who is aware love him-- to basically be a perpetual psychological torture.

>I have no clue what you are talking about OP.
Then you need to read more Shoujo and Josei.

Women love a man that can forgive. Men hate spineless faggots like that.

More like OP needs.

Can't it be a man that forgives the wrong doings of someone else, instead of his own girl that cheated on him?