Why hasn't there been a single VRMMO anime since SAO?

Why hasn't there been a single VRMMO anime since SAO?

There have been MMO-turned-reality anime (LO, Overlord), regular MMO anime (Netoge Yome), but no actual VRMMO anime? Isn't Japan the king of rehashes? Why hasn't anyone tried to ride the coat tails of SAO's success and make another VRMMO anime?

Also Sinon a cute.

Most people are smart enough to realise a VRMMO plot, if it wants to contain actual dangers for the protagonists, is as weak as a freshly-baked cookie and therefore restrain themselves from producing shit stories.

They're king of rehashes because you ACTUALLY think all them shits are different.

Bye.

What there's been like 30-40 of them since sao

>Most people are smart enough to realise a VRMMO plot, if it wants to contain actual dangers for the protagonists, is as weak as a freshly-baked cookie and therefore restrain themselves from producing shit stories
Couldn't you just write a low-stakes feel-good story then?

Name one.

VRMMO has served its purpose by starting the isekai train, there's no need for it anymore.

Accel World.

This one was BEFORE SAO.

I'd like my VRMMO back please.

At least that kind of setting actually justifies game mechanics.

Unlike all these fucking isekai stories that throw the protagonist into a random fantasy world that just happens to operate off of game-like mechanics for no reason.

Not to mention by the same author.

Sure.

The Matrix

The MC in this is such a literal faggot, Jesus Christ. What the fuck was the author thinking?

Why is it always MMOs and not ASSFAGGOTS or cawadooty or something

Dot hack?

Because Cawadooty is considered gaijin kusoge.

Good point about the ASSFAGGOTS though. Those are comparable in popularity to MMO in Japan. Maybe we'll get an anime about one eventually.

What would that kind of story even be about?

>since

>ASSFAGGOTS
Hard to get a decent story out of, it'd be the same shit as fighting game adaptations.
>Cawadooty
Japan doesn't give a shit about cawadooty.

Last .hack was shortly before SAO.

Yes, Sinon a qt, but your post smells like rotting mealworms.

>Unlike all these fucking isekai stories that throw the protagonist into a random fantasy world that just happens to operate off of game-like mechanics for no reason.
It's no stranger than fantasy stories that obey D&D rules. It's just a different game.

Just write it in the vein of a sports anime with a bunch of pretty boys competing against each other in a grossly exaggerated fashion while the glasses guy gives running commentary on their strategies to the useless club manager girl.

Does they even have a competitive FPS/ASSFAGGOTS gaming scene? Korea, China, SEA sure, but Japan?

>Kuroko no Bottom Lane

Don't even bother, some people will never accept anything unless it's given a detailed explanation every time it shows up.

>Bottom
The jokes write themselves.

Riot is making their push into Japan starting this year with the opening of the closed beta Japanese LoL servers so now would be as good a time as any to produce an anime for advertisement.

Not that they will.

I really loved the filler parts and Mother's Rosario of SAO.
It was so unbelievably comforting, for some reason.

Konosuba

>AIDS-chan dies
>comforting

If you ignore that and all the shit about Asuna's mother, then yes, it is super comfy.

Has nothing to do with VRMMOs.

It's some DnD-like world, which is basically the same thing as an MMO setting.

who cares they suck

why isn't there more ixion saga, I miss DT and ED

I could ignore my way through GGO, so that's no problem.

GGO would've been comfy too, if not for all that forced drama about DESU GUN

Don't forget ASADA-SAN x infinity.

...desu gun?

>carne asada
>not comfy as fuck

You could have cut the entire thing by doing something like:
>KIRITO-KUN YOU HAVE TO PLAY GAME
>I DON'T WANT TO PLAY GAME
>BUT YOU HAVE TO PLAY GAME
>OK I WILL PLAY GAME

Making babies with Asada-san!

what is DATABASE DATABASE

Are you illiterate?

WOW WOW

Technically it's isekai, though it's much closer to VRMMO than Overlord was.

I almost feel like I should repeat this in every VRMMO/Isekai/MMO anime thread until people learn:
MMO is not a genre of game.
Calling every RPG or RPG-like world an MMO is stupid.

Fufufu. Carne Asada-san.

no, he's a bonafide runescape scammer. Best MC of any MMO-inspired anime out there.

What does Sinon's ass smell like?

He was talking about OSO's MC, not KonoSuba's.

Read "VRMMO Ossan whatever" instead, it's about a guy just having fun in a VRMMO that just launched in his world and has constant in-game events.

No need to thank me.

>"VRMMO Ossan whatever"
I like how blatant he is about ripping off Only Sense, he just replaced that enormous fucking fag with an easy going middle aged guy and it's so much better.

How blatant a ripoff it is a bit offputting for me, honestly. Plus I don't mind Yun that much.

Ossan's not bad though.

It's just so blatant it makes me laugh, it's way beyond just being shameless. About Yun, well, if he ever got over it that'd be great. But instead it just kept getting more and more focus until I'd had enough and dropped it.

To be fair, Ossan doesn't have a harem focused around him, and he genuinely just wants to have fun instead being a tryhard.
Even only that makes him way better.

If only it didn't have so much focus on crafting or item descriptions, or it was made at least more concise (half a chapter on description of him crafting a single item? seriously?), it would be god-tier.