CHRISTIANS OF Sup Forums

I have a problem.

My views on morality and they way humans should conduct their lives for maximum societal and personal health, lineup very closely(95%) with Christianity. But I do not believe in the Bible literally, and have great difficulty rationalizing spiritual things (since by definition it is impossible).

I have arrived at the conclusion through personal experience, research, and pattern recognition that good and evil are very real things only in the context of humans and the way we interact with each other. I believe there is an absolute 'good' that can be defined as the ideas and behaviors that create health and well being for you, your family, your community, and the world at large outside of your community (probably in that order, but it's grey and depends on the circumstances). And evil being the inverse of that definiton.

I am not currently a spiritual person, and I doubt I ever will become one without doing a lot more drugs. I do not believe in a literal birth and resurection of the son of God. And I do not believe in real angels and demons in a spiritual world that is ouside of our own head. (Not that it isn't possible, it is just unverifiable and therefore useless to us to investigate their potential reality).

However I do have a desire to do good things, and be a good person, and benefit those around me in a way that also benefits me and my family. I also see the value in Biblical stories and concepts for application to our lives in order to improve and maintain the health of our own persons, families and civilizations.

But I do not enjoying being around people who use spiritual language literally, and going to steepled building to worship a dead kike on a stick sounds like the faggiest thing ever.

My question is; How can an agnostic like myself help, or at least not hinder Christians from their goals in improving morality of low IQ segments of the population?

>inb4 tips fedora

how retarded should one be to actually believe in the bible?

Bump for interest.

In the same position.

>worship kikes
Why would you do that?

Why would you worship Gods of genetically dead tribes like Classical Etruscans and Hellenics?

I just said I don't want to worship kikes.
But denying that the Bible (and other religious holy texts), don't contain valuable wisdom and universal truths in relations to humans is foolish.

Der Untermensch

That's my biggest beef with Christianity. They are so cucked.

>turn the other cheek
>if your enemies win, you win
>if your wife is a whore, forgive her

These things might be great for your meditative inner peace and "eternity". But they are completely useless for application in reality if you want to build sustainable civilization.

Fear and trembling by Kierkegaard, these questions are already answered by rigorous philosophical works

>But I do not believe in the Bible literally, and have great difficulty rationalizing spiritual things (since by definition it is impossible)

What do you mean by "spiritual things"? You seem to picture the elements of Christian metaphysics as if they're characters on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. You, like many others who are forced to conform to largely atheist society's standards, are not properly informed on what constitutes Christian belief. And that's not really your fault, but it needs to be pointed out, that with God, nothing is impossible, and that rationalizing things doesn't mean, they're in any way objectively true now. There's a reason progressives, the liberal cultists are quickly abandoning the concept of objective reality.

>I am not currently a spiritual person, and I doubt I ever will become one without doing a lot more drugs.

Doing drugs will have an opposite effect on you.
You will constantly wonder in the dark, trying to "find yourself" until the day you die. Your mind is not a worthless servant you can simply poison with drugs as to escape your godless world, it's a way of finding God, but it needs to be open, and it needs to be prepared for his entrance, and it won't be, if you're going to poison it with earthly chemicals.

>However I do have a desire to do good things, and be a good person, and benefit those around me in a way that also benefits me and my family. I also see the value in Biblical stories and concepts for application to our lives in order to improve and maintain the health of our own persons, families and civilizations.

That's very good, and I'm happy for you.

>My question is; How can an agnostic like myself help

By supporting consistent life ethics, and by not sperging out like you just did above. Show your utmost support for anti-abortion laws, for abolishment of capital punishment and fight against legalization of euthanasia.

It also contains absolute jibberish and rules that if followed wouldbcause chaos.

You seem to have the right idea, why does the Bible even need to be involved.

Religion is just a handy tool to control massive populations of moderate to low developed countries easily, and it works great.

Religion will rightlyfully slowly die in the West as it has been doing then the rest of the world will follow.

I am glad it existed to law the groundwork for moral societies but it isnt needed now as much. Dont sweat it.

But most people without religion are nihilistic hedonistic retards. Until the mass populations can do what's right because it is objectively right, they will bring us down.

Wow
>with God, nothing is impossible, and that rationalizing things doesn't mean, they're in any way objectively true now.
> it's a way of finding God, but it needs to be open, and it needs to be prepared for his entrance
Wtf is this shit supposed to mean? It's just word salad, and can not be applied in reality.
This is why I mean by "spiritual things". Things which do not mean anything in the context of a human actually doing something tangible.

Also, for the record, I support the death penalty.

And although I believe abortion is murder and SHOULD be illegal, I don't care that much, because I am fine with people who are stupid enough to murder their own child doing it, as it helps keep stupid people from breeding.

The way to separate good from evil is to show no mercy to liars. Call them out, challenge them, don't allow liars and bullshitters into any position of authority. Deliberate lying is useless. Moral relativism is useless. Morality is either universal or nonexistent.

What humans call 'morality' can be explained with evolved empathy and the rational consideration of your actions in a group setting.

You've invented your own morality.

Repent and be saved. Performing good deeds literally doesn't matter if you're going to hell. Bible even says that explicitly. It's not a tool to be used as you wish, it's the literal word of God trying to warn you AGAINST doing what you're doing.

Praying for you.

Look up asatru faith and norse tradins >>>>>>>ODINSVOLK

That's why I say morality is universal in the context of humans.

"Christian" morals are not Christian, they're EUROPEAN morals and have nothing to do with Christianity whatsoever.

If by wisdom.you mean poison.

Define "God"
How can the Bible be the 'literal' word of God, when it is literally text on paper made by humans?

Nah, I agree there are probably some poisonous concepts in the Bible and other religious texts, but there are some general themes that are very true. The "Ten Commandments" are obviously very beneficial if followed.

Thanks, I might check it out if I get a chance. Do you have a quick rundown of his book?

Shit i just typed shit on accident
There is only north pole. I believe my other posts were acci cucked sorry

You can start by supporting traditional gender roles and sexual morality. The philosophy that most plebs are operating under in 2017 is this dumbed-down bastardised version of Epicureanism.

They are not taught to grasp that abstract ideas such as the virtues are real entities. The upshot is that you can't get through to them explaining why things such as divorce and homosexual behaviour should be discouraged in a good society because they think the concepts of chastity and decency are just individual opinions and not objective standards of human behaviour that are a part of human nature.

Hey guys can u help me whit some info on this painting

I do support traditional gender roles and sexual morality.

The family structure should be upheld as the most fundamental structure of any society. Like a cell. If families die, cells die. If all cells die, the whole body dies.

>filename
>gaytheist replies
>cucked neopagan buttfluster
>Marxist indoctrinated Nazi LARPers
>can't sage with an image
>into-the-trash-it-goes.jpg

Explain how worshiping a dead virgin Jew is less gay than admitting you don't know why things are the way they are, but that you're willing to try to do what's objectively right if that can be defined.

>Greeks
>White

What I'm saying is that immorality and social disorder in contemporary life is a result of our society's philosophical foundation coming loose and getting led astray by Nominalism and Positivism.

You think that faith is for weak people. Those who cannot or do not want to make the effort to understand things. But everyday you are making assumptions based in speculative reasoning (ie tomorrow the sun will rise)

We are just accustomed that things are that way. I mean, what the fuck is a planet. Where did that concept came from? So, everything is an approach of actual knowledge. Not knowledge. We can't know nothing for sure.

It's fine being rational enough to accept the fine teachings of Christianity on a purely intellectual level. Per se, it's mainly the strongest appeal for conservative, well educated persons.

But there is another Christianity who cannot be understood. There is a spiritual force, at least on a personal and psychological level, who drives people forward. And you can't understand that.

Do a leap of faith and give your confidence to Him.

True religion is never stagnant and requires actual willpower to overcome daily life difficulties. The key is the personal relationship with God.

We all have a force. That force is put into ghe world by i intelligence animals cant put out they absorb cuz its oppinions that create motiff for drive we create our own motiffs as if our wants will always be the same drive makes action action is the forming of changs aka change is action. Dogs absorb they see what is best for them of you have something of inferest of if they love you and you make them feel wanted theyll fight for you cuz whats best to fight for than something that wants you to be happy.

Read Epictetus' discourses and enchiridion

Also, I used to believe that the bible was just spiritual and not literal , until I learned that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead literally, proving that he was the living god.

However , to see the bible in this way requires a deep level of understanding that most people don't see and will mock.

Honestly, if you genuinely are curious for answers , dig deeper and research more into Christianity and avoid false teachers.

Worst case scenario : you learn a bit more about Christian culture
Best case scenario: you discover the meaning and answer to everything in the universe, including happiness and freedom from suffering.

Your choice man , but if the potential is something so great you may aswell look into it more

>understanding
Try understanding the meaning of the word first.

Jesus didnt want anyone to praise him he was god yet wanted no praise just respect jews got into roman politics ceaser said he was sorry scared amd he believed but he had to to prevent an uprising. Mary comes from galile an aryan populated city.

jews got into roman politics
Ruined everything they burned sacrd texts and exited the zenophobic shit

They bumped the anti zionist texts

The bible is the inspired word of god not the verbatim word of god (like Muslims believe )

God is an uncaused cause, an immaterial entity not confined by the parameters of space and time, whose existence is necessary and independent of our physical universe

Objective reality is abandoned due to the light scientific facts bring us, it is rational thing to do as nature itself shows us it's not as material as we thought.

Even this scenario is not in contradiction with Christian theology - rather it tells that the world can be inside God, or maintained by His will.

>file name
Alright, I'm pretty sure you're a Pagan or atheist LARPing as someone who needs genuine spiritual help, but I'm going to help you regardless and I hope I'm wrong about my initial assumptions. If you genuinely want help, don't mock those who help you.

>I don't believe in the birth and resurrection of Christ
Then you are not and can never be a Christian. That's required. Hopefully by explaining the rest of your questions I can help you understand that Jesus was born and died for your sins.

>I do not believe the Bible literally
Why don't you? And are you referring to the Old Testament or New Testament or both? Because both are meant to be read different ways.

>I doubt I will ever become religious without a lot of drugs
Don't do drugs, user. Your body is a temple, keep it sacrosanct. Is this that "5%" you disagree with Christians on regarding personal health?

>I see the value in Biblical stories and concepts for application in our lives
Good! You're already scores above the majority of atheists and agnostics. This was the hardest thing for me to grasp when I converted from atheism, I simply could not see the value in stories. There's plenty of hope for you yet!

>absolute good
>depends on the circumstances
>absolute

Bible, new testament included has many literature styles, methods and so on - some literary methods that were known to humanity when the texts were written - sometimes have the meaning and purpose meant by the literary method and not metaphysical interpretation we give it today.

Also bible is meant to be taken as Jewish meditation literature as a whole and elements have to be linked together until the end.

There are books that are written in poor grammatical style and have no substance - like Mark gospel, there are books that are written on a high intellectual and literary standard like Luke gospel.

It is not assumed that they are the literal word of God - rather that revelations that came from God were put on paper by various people each with different spiritual "levels".

Then Church took some of the writings and packed them together. You have some parables, stories... mainly you have the narrative which should give you faith in new testament if you let yourself convinced that Jesus is the son of Eve that will crush the snake, the Messiah.

Anyway bible books are fantastic literary works, and I enjoy them reading a lot again and again and over the years discovering more parts of the grand narrative...+ most of the times it's poetry puts my mind in systems of thought that allow me to see entire aspects of human life and cognition as tiny abstract elements which suddenly make sense. You need to find yourself great translations of the bible, unless you know ancient koine greek - then you can read entire old testament "Septuagint" and new testament just fine.. otherwise find good authors that worked togheter to keep the literary spirit inside the bible.

Most church bibles change the meaning of phrases and send a different message where your mind otherwise could've been enlightened and a plethora of emotions could've rained over you.

You gotta give in to it. Why the hell do you take drugs when you can take the spiritual drug?

Turn to Orthodoxy my friend, when you walk in to the church for that first time and see all the beauty immediately followed by the choir... it can make a stong man tear up.

>there are cucks itt who don't believe the Bible is literally true and scientifically accurate

Islam is the way to go

>If Islam despises Christianity, it has a thousandfold right to do so: Islam at least assumes that it is dealing with men….
t. Nieztsche

Think of it like how the buddhists put themselves in a mental state to warm themselves in the cold of winter. The mind is powerful.

It despises Christianity for fighting back against the hordes of islamic invaders. That's pretty crappy reason to join the goatfuckers.

>Not understanding "what turn the other cheek" actually means
"Turn the other cheek" means showing open resistance to aggression instead of going full chimp-out, not "bend over and take it".

>if your enemies win, you win
Second one isn't even a principle of Christianity and I don't know where you got that from.

>if your wife is a whore, forgive her
Sexual infidelity is actually one of the few reasons to get a divorce, the other being abuse, but it isn't the immediate go-to option. If your wife is a whore, why did you marry a whore? Maybe your situation is partly the fault of your judgement in choosing a mate? Maybe you should have been patient and waited three or four years before running off with a woman who turned out to be a whore? The fault lies on both of you, though not equally. You are one flesh, you should communicate and act just as one body should, the infidelity is a symptom of your failure to do that.

In east only monastic life is considered a true form of Christianity.

So if you're interested in orthodox Christianity look no further than monasteries and monastic life.

I think west is much more focused on secular life at least since its inception the motto if it was "there is no salvation outside of Church"

Rational and prudent thinking is an important Christian virtue as well, early monastic life focused on this entirely. Even Paul tells about it over and over again in his letters.

Horus jesus connection

>improving morality of low IQ segments of the population
get absolutely fucked you pretentious shitter. that is not the goal and never was. why would i want to have anything to do with someone who thinks my religion -- the most important thing in the universe to me -- is best used as a form of social control for imbeciles? what kind of conversation would i be able to have with you when i know you're sitting there thinking "LOL THIS GUY IS DUMB, HE THINKS PPL CAN WALK ON WATER, DOES HE EVEN READ SCIENCE?" you're ten times worse than the cringiest fedora.

You think Christianity is the "only way", so to speak?

I personal relationship with "God" sounds more like just knowing yourself and reflecting on your thoughts.

this is liberal christianity

really pains to see

charity needs to start at home and work outwards, and especially not to non christians

Nihil sine deo
Nothing without god

Untill you accept that you are just deluding yourself further down the pit of nihilism.

You need to embrace spirituality as a Christian. It's simply believing that there's something greater than you and that you're not in complete control. That's all you need, it will grow from there.

go find me any other religion that lines up with a redpilled worldview

this is why "the word" in greek is "logos"