So, I have successfully calculated the thermodynamics of Haruhi:

So, I have successfully calculated the thermodynamics of Haruhi:

mathb.in/61200?key=2520d184f21a84572f0376341f9221ab14fa4281

Yes, I probably am insane, especially since I've spent at least six hours on this.

Someone, anyone, help me, please.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_(information_theory)
physik.uni-kl.de/eggert/papers/raoul.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_in_thermodynamics_and_information_theory
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wightman_axioms#W3_.28local_commutativity_or_microscopic_causality.29
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-communication_theorem
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyonic_antitelephone
desustorage.org/_/search/tripcode/ !!SSXdvR3LCoa/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dont understand your work here but I appreciate it for adding an extra layer to haruhi

No one cares nerd.

Now calculate the velocity of Haruhi's boob jiggle.

So thats what math students do while other people get laid.

Translate those runes to English for non-nerds such as myself.

300k starting gets you laid.

>nerd
You say that like it's an insult or something.

Good job. In the meanwhile, she successfully calculated your penis size.

I'll take your word for it.

REKT

Calculate the chance of season 3 in our lifetimes.

Haruhi generated enough heat in the making of the SOS Brigade logo to warm herself by about six hundred millionths of a degree.

I could probably do that by looking at the historical times between seasons and therefore put the show in a percentile. I could also go by ratings.

>mfw chemist master race
>mfw I understand this

Consider that she would have to first be in a position to OBSERVE my penis size, I'd say that'd be a lot closer to a woman than you'll ever get.

I want to appreciably warm her

You're fucking dumb.
God, I hate this popsci garbage, because at best it's fucking useless and at worst it's plain wrong.
You're somewhere in the middle.

That's physics, though.
Where rigor doesn't mean shit.

Do it. Crush what little hope I have left.

>generating information=entropy
Doesn't it only work in communication theories though? I don't think that's physical stuff

>Where rigor doesn't mean shit.
Nigger, everything there not only logically derives from its premises, but all of those premises are properly cited. The idea that information has heat content is a necessary consequence of the Second Law of Thermodynamics, as deduced by Landauer in the 1960s.

How's THAT for rigor, bitch?

Haruhi warms my heart a lot more than that.

reminder to filter this autist

OP, if you're so smart, answer me this:
Which God would win in a bitchfight, Haruhi or Lain?

>information has heat content
what
I'm not a pro in communication theory but the way I understand it, we represent information as entropy to be able to measure how much information/entropy one symbol (in a given am) transports so we can tell whether the alphabet is optimal or if we can make it better. So nothing physical, right?

How much radiation did Lain absorb sitting in front of those CRT monitors for so long?

in a given alphabet/code*

Not enough to get a tan apparently

I'm afraid nobody cares about Haruhi now

No, information has a physical existence. Energy must be used to create it, and heat is given off when it's deleted. This heat is in theory very small, hence why the heat of creating even something so massive as to be the equivalent of 85 Libraries of Congress is so miniscule. In practice, computers are inefficent, and thus generate so much heat all the time.
Haruhi is unaware of her powers, whereas Lain is.

Holy shit, fuck off to your high school's computer lab or something, you insufferable faggot.

>500+ posts everytime a dumb artwork makes people think S3 might exist

You're talking about the energy used to power the machines that stock the information, not the information itself.
See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_(information_theory)
"In this context, entropy (more specifically, Shannon entropy) is the expected value (average) of the information contained in each message. "

Entropy in this context means amount of information, I don't think it translates to J/KJ here

No, the connection has even been experimentally verified:
physik.uni-kl.de/eggert/papers/raoul.pdf

For an overview, see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_in_thermodynamics_and_information_theory

information exists independently of the physical system that you refer to with energy units, that's why it can travel with speeds greater than the speed of light

what the fuck
you learn something everyday I guess

That doesn't even make sense, if she could observe it directly she'd just measure it. She has to calculate because it's invisible to the naked eye.

>Haruhi is unaware of her powers, whereas Lain is.
That's true, but Haruhi's powers don't require her conscious control to be destructive. If there's anything the series+movie has thought us, it's that. And Lain's powers are still based on technology, which makes them rooted in reality, the same reality that Haruhi is capable of warping. So I guess Lain could have the upper hand if she's able to create some kind of "reality fog", similar to Haruhi's "closed space", and confuse her opponent enough to prevent her from intuitively focusing her anger on the foundations of Lain's existance. But if there's only one lapse of judgement, and Haruhi gets pissed enough to break the boundaries of time and space, it's all over for the Wired girl.
My money is on Haruhi. Lain doesn't appear to be mentally strong enough to isolate the negativity from her adversary and prevent it to be used against her.

No, information cannot travel faster than the speed of light either, at least, not unless matter and energy can too. See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wightman_axioms#W3_.28local_commutativity_or_microscopic_causality.29 and the more specific example of en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-communication_theorem for details. Otherwise, the relativity of simultaneity would allow you to violate causality, see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyonic_antitelephone for an explanation.

>Yes, I probably am insane, especially since I've spent at least six hours on this.
>six hours

Fuck off faggot, that's nothing.

Also, later Haruhi doesn't have the consciousness problem. She can fuck your shit up without that.

>the thread of this retarded and cancerous tripfag was slowly dying without any reply but there is always one faggot to fuck up everything
For fuck's sake.

How did it take you so long? It's not a hard calculation.

How about we consider her to be a quantum ensemble, and find her maximum degree of mixing, and current purity?

You do know that you just do a phenomenological strand of quantum, right?

Well, first hour was spent on research, then the next ~1-2 hours were spent trying to find and set up a decent CAS environment on Linux, until I said "fuck it" and rebooted into Windows to use Mathematica, then I spent about an hour running the calculations, then the rest of the time as I was writing out the explanation, I kept catching errors and had to redo all my calculations and then correcting the text.

I also ended up doing a lot of calculations that turned out to be superfluous, like trying to determine the average molar mass of a human.

Kill yourself retarded tripshit.

Ah okay, makes some sense. After your posting in the Pleiades threads I had just assumed you had the knowledge to hand.

I'll see if I can do the purity calculation. I think we all want to know of Haruhi is a pure state.

If that's all you want to know, then I can tell you the answer is no. The Von Neumann entropy for a pure state is always zero, while for mixed states it's positive. Since the Von Neumann entropy is classically equivalent to the Shannon entropy, and as demonstrated above, that is equivalent to the Gibbs (thermodynamic) entropy, Haruhi must definitely be in a mixed state. Q.E.D.

>So, while Harhui's attempt at SEO may generate an impressive amount of data, it's not enough to appreciably warm her, or for that matter, her soba noodles.
I have 2 objections to this idea.

1) You only calculated the amount of heat generated by the information itself. The energy needed for whatever process Haruhi used to create the logo probably uses much larger amounts of energy from elsewhere. Haruhi being a "god" also means that you can't necessarily count the universe as a closed system, since she can pull energy from outside their universe (I think Koizumi's explanation of closed space mentioned something like this)

2) The SOS brigade logo was just one relatively very small act. We haven't actually seen the extent of her powers yet, but we know it's much more than that (and we know from Disappearance that it's at least strong enough to rewrite the entire course of time).

That's why at the start I said it was a minimum bound. It's just like how Randall Munroe used the X-Wing lifting scene to calculate Yoda's power output. We know he's probably capable of much bigger things, but since that action was the easiest to make a calculation for, we can use it as a lower bound to his capabilities.

>300k starting
it's always funny when kids believe this

Yeah, I don't know where he got that one from either, unless he means Yen or something.

>phd in mathematics
>any job I want
>300k starting pay
>smug_man_counting_money.jpg

You know the drill. Pics or it didn't happen.

This
>300k starting
is an American meme right?

It's pretty stupid.

If it's a meme, it's a new one to me. I see math PhDs on /sci/ sperging out all the time about how they can't get a job. I know he thinks he's a special snowflake, but considering that it's May, he probably is only now just graduating, and it will take him a few months before reality gives him a good, hard kick in the head.

Just fuck off and stop parading your new around.

Come on OP, finals are over, how much of a fag are you?

did they fuck?

>Implying it's not true
>Implying I don't have a PhD in mathematics
>Implying I didn't get my first job this year starting at 300k/year

What? The NSA is begging for math/compsci people because of ~snowden kun~, so if you are American you can work for those 2spooky4me people. I was looking into them for the maintenance side (someone has to fix the computers)

Not a math major, but I wouldn't work for them even if they were the last employer on Earth. Nothing good can possibly come out of that agency.

And still, whoever told you that you could make 300k right out of the gate has buisiness giving advice to anyone.

*has no buisiness
derp

that's just unrealistic

there's no way Haruhi weighs less than my 4'13" gf

Of course, I was more interested in whether we could extrapolate something more. Finding out how pure she is is just a matter of degrees of freedom, but as it's thermodynamic trc(rho²) can effectively go to 0, and Haruhi probably has infinitesimal purity.

I tried a few fun things, but most interesting things will take too many assumptions to result in an entertaining result. One could view Haruhi as a large (but not infinite) thermal quantum bath, and then the SoS brigade (beside her) as a coherent ensemble. From which we might determine Haruhi's purity within the SoS brigade. That's the only thing I could come up with.

I'm not sure what the US is like, but over here in britbong the MoD are moderately irritating to work with, and GCHQ is a downright pain. They take the assumption that you're a civil servant, and inherently give a fuck about their agenda.

Dude, she's like, 14. What the hell are you dating, a loli?

>kissanime

>14
She's a first-year high school student.

Hey you! marry me you nerd. We can watch some Haruhi n'shit

Do you prefer geek or nerd?

You mean 5'1'?

15, depending on the birthday, around that age.

yeah? that was kinda implied

Ok, 15. I forgot that a JP 1st year HS is equivalent to a US HS sophmore.

You have to have turned 6 to enroll in school in Japan, so all first-year high school students are 15 until their birthday (October 8 in Haruhi's case)

Fun fact: Yui from Yuru Yuri would be a high school freshman in the United States.

I'm a 5'11" male and weigh only 1 kilogram more than Haruhi AMA

yeah 5'1, the 4'13 is a joke from fit

if you shaved all the hair off your body do you think you'd lose the kg?

I actually can totally imagine that. Sounds about right, even.

Oh yeah I know. Chemistry is just applied physics, physics is just applied maths blah blah blah

>AMA
>/reddit/

>45kg
>5'11

Does the wind ever make you topple over and fall?

Lain is good.
but Haibane renmei is sunobbery and has no ending. It is faultry.

>tfw shit at math

You just need to spend some time to get basic reasoning principles then you'll find everything easier

I hate when that happens. Fucking newfags these days don't know when/how to sage.

What a cringeworthy autist. He should probably kill himself.

This retarded tripfag gets notifications and will reply to any thread you sage even if its on page 10 I learned that the hard way. Don't make the same mistakes I did

Doesn't replying to your own thread not bump it? I thought that was a thing that was implemented recently (maybe while moot was still here).

I thought so too. Maybe he started a thread on his school internet and replied too it at home or something. He needs to be permabanned or kill himself. He is approaching his 5000th shitpost desustorage.org/_/search/tripcode/ !!SSXdvR3LCoa/

Congratulations

They tried.

The NSA is part of the military establishment. It's not about their agenda, it's about their orders. The less you care about their agenda, the better for them. They like mindless sheep.

In the LN's version of Remote Island Syndrome, everyone all got drunk, and it's heavily implied that Haruhi and Kyon had sex.

Definitely wasn't sex. Probably was something less than a kiss

>derp_commander still posts on Sup Forums

It's the end bros. hold me.

Remind me to read the LNs.

Underneath it all, Haruhi's still just a bored teenager. It'd be silly to think she hasn't tried all the "stuff bored teenagers do" at least once. She's probably sampled the entire medicine cabinet too. It's just that none of that satisfies her.

>name is fucking derp_commander
sage

If they fucked that night it'd have incidence on the plot and would have been referenced later. They didn't. At most they touched each other awkwardly for a bit and forgot it/brushed it off.

Maybe they were to drunk to remember that it happened?

Plus, given Haruhi's reality overwriting powers, if she woke up and thought, "I hope to God I didn't do last night what I think I did", she'd probably manage to alter the past so that she didn't.