Was this ever explained?

Was this ever explained?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lVEqYhEuF0w
youtube.com/watch?v=wzIbxA1cO7o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's there to be explained?

A Ho-Oh appeared to Ash at the end of the first episode, flying alongside a rainbow across the sky after the thunderstorm.

After competing in the Silver Conference, Ash saw Ho-Oh flying towards Hoenn. This encouraged him to get over his depression at his loss and continue his journey.

Ho-Oh was seen flying into the sunset at the end of Battling the Enemy Within!. This time, Brock, May, Max, Scott and Brandon saw Ho-Oh as well (on a slightly related note, this time, someone other than Ash managed to identify it first).

It is implied that when he catches it, his journey is over. He can never catch Ho-Oh for it would be the end of his journey.

IT'S ALL A DREAM.

Its Ho-oh.

so we can assume that in the final episode he will finally catch one?

Why is he seeing that weird bird at the very beginning.

Is this Canon or just fanfiction filler stuff?

>pokemon
>ending
I think they'll replace Ash, keep Pikachu and change the MC. Though it was brought to my attention that changing MCs is trademarked or something.

The implication stems from something Ash said. So it's canon I suppose

>last episode of Pokemon
>wins in the final league
>the legendary bird lands in front of him
>opens his mouth
>about to reveal its purpose

>Ash wakes up in Tokyo
>time to go to school

>weird bird
nigga it's just a Pokemon. He just saw a rare pokemon, that's the end of the story. We even know exactly which Pokemon it was.

What don't you understand?

Canon except the catching part. That was never mentioned nor implied.
He hasn't seen Ho-oh for 3 gens now.

Probably just kidnapping more children.

Except he sees it in the first episode like it's supposed to mean something, his pokeshit doesn't recognize it and Oak doesn't believe he saw what he thinks he saw.

I was hyped as fuck when I was a kid and here we are now, no reveal in sight.

>no reveal in sight
There's been 700 episodes. Can you truly say there hasn't been a reveal?

>no reveal in sight.
Have you just not had any contact with the anime, games, etc since you first saw the episode, because you seem pretty ignorant of Ho-oh and associated legnds

I don't know how long pokemon has been running but I it's been at least 18 years since I got the tape of the first episode.

18 years and no reveal.

Played red, blue and silver and gold. Think a green and yellow one too. Watched up to orange league.

I don't think it looks exactly like Ho oh.

From the Pokedex entry in Diamond and Pearl:

>It possesses seven-colored wings. It is said that those who see Ho-Oh are promised an eternal happiness.

It was a fucking preview for Gold and Silver, like "ohhh kids what is this mysterious pokémon that isn't in the pokédex?" That's all it was.

>I don't think it looks exactly like Ho oh.
It looks exactly like a Ho oh except the color, which can be explained by the golden effect thing or the fact that the gen 2 designs weren't set in stone by the time of first anime episode.

>Ash wakes up as a grown man with stubble
>Mr. Ketchum you've been in a coma for 20 years

>We found you outside of Viridian City covered with wounds from Spearow attacks
>Pikachu was euthanized

>Misty comes to his bed side carrying Brock's baby

Don't forget the part where all the people he met where just projections of his real life acquaintances.

>He becomes a video game developer

>Brock's
Tracey's if anyone's.

what should i expect if i start watching pokemon?

It depends on where you start. If you decide to start from the very beginning, expect to lose a decent chunk of your life (also no subs for most of it until late into DP, 12 years after the start of the show). If you decide to only watch the current series, then it's more manageable (around 120 episodes so far).

youtube.com/watch?v=lVEqYhEuF0w

The first seasons are not that bad actually but around Johto it becomes unbearable.

I've lost track of Pokemon since then but the last seasons have some sick animation.

>If you decide to start from the very beginning, expect to lose a decent chunk of your life
yeah, i don't think that's going to be an issue for me

Reveal was in EP273 nigger

at 15:04 in youtube.com/watch?v=wzIbxA1cO7o

It's a Ho-Oh that got pranked by a bucket of gold paint landing on its head

>not Tracey's
Try again user. There's a reason he spends so much time at her gym. He even gave her an Azurill he bred from his Marill.

Well then, have fun. It's 900+ episodes of a constantly-repeating formula, but it's not a bad time if you like the world and the Pokémon.

Gen 2 pokemon in Gen 1.

Do we know how many holes the Rocket Gang dug so far?

Children's anime with a pretty basic plot designed to sell games and merch. It's cute and the songs are catchy (both original and dub). I watch an episode every so often as a stress relief/nostalgia thing.

It's only been actively subbed by the current main subbing group since partway through Diamond & Pearl but they've been doing older episodes as a side project. They're up to ep 43 in the original series atm.

Do you like new pokemons?

>I'll never be able to put Quakstak in my team
Why live?

kek

More

Holy fuck those are based as fuck

I had this and the first gen edition (which I read so much it feel apart).

>Tripecs
top lel

>Demiwaifu
>doesn't have tits
missed opportunity right there

It's Ho-oh nigga

>Mariguana
heh

>It will reveal itself before a pure-hearted trainer by shining its bright rainbow-colored wings.
Pokemon Crystal evidence.

Did Ash ever reunite with his Butterfree?

Can i be popular to?
I lost the first green book ,_,

BR? BR? HUEHUEHUEHUE

Pokemon only ever got worse

Holy fuck those are atrocious, that cant be real.

Are you legitimately retarded?

MX.
I bought them when i was 4. Damn

You must be 18 to post on this site.

user, they're not real

>SINNOH
>4
Holy fuck I was 4/5 when I got my old red Kanto version. (And my dad wouldn't let me get the updated green Mew/Togepi one when it came out...)

Nah it's ok I'm only taking the piss. It doesn't matter what gen you started with.

>anime
>looks majestic and golden

>game
>looks like a rooster

So you're 13?

Magmar vs Charizard is the best battle. Fight me faggots.

At the oldest yes. They could be younger.

MOOOOOOOODS

>damp
>soak'd
>drown'd

>eternal happiness
Half of that describes the anime prettty well. Not so sure about the second part

It was shiny dude.

It must be dead by now. Butterflies don't live all that time.

Im 19 you fuking retards,the book was publish in Mex in 2001 learn how to fucking count.
>learn how to speak english
i know fuck off im learning

Yeah it was. In the Lucario movie. Turns out it was only a Mew who used Transform. The real Ho-Oh is never seen.

Guess who it is?

>Bee
>Beeeeee

me too, owned two that got used until they fell apart, then I got a Yugioh one thinking it was the same thing but with cards, it was actually first volume of the manga

>tfw your version doesn't have evacycle

>evacycle

Oh fuck I've woken up my locals from that howling laughter
Thanks user

I don't know how you found Sup Forums kiddo, but you should probably go back to Facebook or wherever you came from.

The Johto one was, but the two Sinnoh ones definitely were not. The way you wrote your post makes it sound like you bought them all at the same time.

Can't fault you on your English though, I did 2 years of Spanish and probably remember 10 words. (My 5 years of French haven't been used much either...)

Man, I remember seeing that shit when I was a kid and I was hyped as fuck because none of us knew what the hell that bird was. Was the anime made before Gen 2? I know I watched it before Gold/Silver came out, so it was extra mysterious to me.

Yes the anime started in 1997 and GS came out in 1999 in Japan.

how fucking far back does your time lag go? i've seen some people who must be stuck around 2008-2009
anyone born before may 17 1998 is 18 or older

Yes. Just like Togepi it was shilling for Gold and Silver.

Going to take classes again soon, here you need english at least to have a desent job.
I can read 95%, but my writing is Turboshit.
Meh.

Would you a Dawn?

dude coma dream lmao so deep

>Mr Ketchum I'm doctor Oak
>You've been in a delirious state for months. You thought yourself a young teenager playing fantasy dog fights. Odd for an established software programmer
>Your wife Ms Misty is waiting in the other room
>She brought your beloved cat, Pikachu

>1998 was 18 years ago

shoo shoo shitposter

based pokeautism

thanks user

That was a fun watch.

I learned what anime was because I got that game and there's an "anime level"

I remember seeing on Sup Forums a pic of humans being part of the creation of pokemons, meaning that they are pokemon too.

What if that crazy theory that Ho-oh is Satoshi's dad has some truth?

I remember people saying that Gamefreak has about 1000 designed pokemon already and only settled around 150 because that's all Gameboys could run at the time but somebody on staff liked Mew to code it into the game at the last minute. Don't you think it's amazing? we're 820 Pokemon in and they're still only touching up designs that have already existed for damn near 20 years. No wonder Nintendo likes them so much, minimum effort for maximum profit has been their bread and butter since the Wii