Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1543

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TLc30VSPdgY?t=609
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

おそっ

「最悪な少女」とは西洋ではアニメとか漫画のシリーズの一番嫌な女の子であるのを定義するために。

例えばラブライブのマキさん。

Formally proposing to rename DJT to
>Daisuki Japanese Thread

It's Dasoku Japanese Thread or nothing

finally it's thread starter epic meme posting time, the favorite moments of my life

What is he looking at?

Why does he want to touch it?

Friendly Reminder

How to tell if something is a shitpost:
>calls the community made guide/whatever method a piece of shit with no reasoning given why
>insults someone giving helpful advice with no reasoning given why
>attempts to create arguments over virtually nothing (eg opinions without facts)
>"spam questions" that are easily answered via a 1 second glance at the guide
>uses obtuse Japanese fragments interspersed with English to attempt bypass people trying to filter the shitposts
>any mention of anime being shit, or "real Japanese"
>spells the word as romaji

Please post this at the start of every thread from now on

Just wanted to thank the user that suggested Aozora Bunko some threads ago. Thanks man, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Sup Forums, accept my post reeeee

Idk if this post is really that necessary now, most of the shitposting seems to have stopped

木材を触る

So was that already the end of the i + 1 story or do we get another part

Don't just leave me hanging user

A good way to challenge yourself is going after VNs that still haven't or have never been translated

The guy might return at any time. You can't expect someone who got banned for ban evasion to respect his ban.

I like this thread so far

if you want more find the original video, shouldn't be hard

nice meme game

am I doing this right

what's a decent amount of new cards to introduce daily if I want to finish core 10k within my lifetime?

who am I fucking kidding I can't learn Japanese I wonder why I haven't killed myself yet

1 per day is enough to finish it within your lifetime

comedy

gold

So I finished both yotsubato decks months ago, about 1400 cards

but I still get 20 to 50 reviews per day even though I'm usually 90%+ correct

am I doing something wrong?

Where do you begin your trip?

Depends entirely on you, just experiment

I didn't understand the original image and this doesn't help

I've been doing 20 per day for like 2-3 months and I'm sitting at 560. I already want to rip my hair's out. It will take me about 5 years to get through 10000 cards and I know for a fucking I still won't be able to read jack shit even after I finish it.

Pick up some manga series

After you're done with the first 2 volumes you'll know 80% of the vocab for all future volumes

Works for LNs as well, point is that you should focus on a single author and a single series to learn that vocab-bubble

Black hole reminds him of his wife's heart

this is the only thread i care about.

bottom right

going up the chute of failure is forbidden by natural law

I tried reading yotsuba& and the fact that after almost two years I can't even read kiddie stuff literally aimed at elementary school children just made me want to stop altogether.

I guess it's time to waste more time at a language academy because I clearly can't do this own my own.

Where does WankiKani fall on this diagram?

>do core up to 2k
>start a mining deck
its so simple

Straight line pointing down

slightly faster alternative to "RTK (done wrong)"

>20 per day
>2-3 months
>560
I don't understand

Stop being retarded and get the yotsubato anki deck

4 days a week, user. You don't seriously study on Friday nights or weekends, right?

10 new cards a day -> finish in 2.7 years
20 new cards a day -> finish in 1.4 years
30 new cards a day -> finish 0.9 years
But, any amount over your personal limit -> you'll burn out and never finish

You have to do it everyday, user

>懐 and 懐かしい uses the same kanji
only took me 9 years of studying to notice this.

What kind of kissless virgin nerd studies on weekends or Friday nights instead of partying or going out with girlfriend?

u

Don't allow yourself to become demoralised friend

Here's a tip that will perhaps help you

Based on my experiences at least, and I've been doing this for probably 4 years now, every time you start anything new it it always feels like it's way too hard

Everything I've ever picked up and tried to read, I always think "why is this so fucking hard", no matter how easy it may be

The trick is you just have to stick to it, even if it feels like it's way above your level, you stick to it, and then you stick to it some more, and before you realise it you're looking back and laughing at how hard your past self found it

So maybe just try and stick to yotsuba instead of just assuming it's too hard and giving up, and you may see that you're not as bad as you thought

I've been running a kanjidamage kanji deck because I find it a little easier to learn through similar radicals even if the shit they teach you at first is mostly useless garbage, but I've been noticing that even after so long I haven't even made it past half of their "1700" kanji.

I have my new cards at 20 from the default 10, but I noticed these include both read and write cards so technically I'm only doing 10 new kanji per day.

Should I increase my new cards to 30-40? My usual anki session has me review a measly 100 cards per day (read+write so its actually just 50 kanji) and so far I feel comfortable with it

However I've also noticed that learning the kanji Aline isn't being very helpful at actually reading stuff since I don't know any jukugo.

>raw rice is called kome 米, while cooked rice is gohan ご飯

>今日も美味しいお米が炊けたわ

But when does 米 turn into ご飯? Is it possible to define a point in time during cooking when this transformation occurs? Is this even well defined?
If you put the lid on the pot so you can't see what's inside, can we say that the material exists in both the states of 米 and ご飯 until you take off the lid and look inside, kind of like Schrödinger's Cat in quantum mechanics?

When you serve it.

I tend to think learning to produce when you're a beginner is not an especially efficient use of your time and usually just make it harder on you. My advice would be to delete the production card type and only do the recognition cards.

You can increase the amount to any number you're comfortable with really, the main question would be whether you're comfortable with the amount of reviews it'll equate to and whether you can keep up an acceptable retention rate. In any case you can always change the number of cards you're doing if it doesn't feel right.

So if you turn off production cards and do 20-30 new kanji a day or something you'd be able to finish up the 1700 kanji in about 2-3 months.

>However I've also noticed that learning the kanji Aline isn't being very helpful at actually reading stuff since I don't know any jukugo.
Yeah so I think most (?) people here agree that learning kanji by themselves isn't necessarily the best way to go about it unless you have trouble remembering or differentiating the kanji. Learning words straight up will bootstrap you into reading much faster, since knowing the kanji by itself doesn't necessarily allow you to read any word containing it. So if you weren't feeling the kanji deck you could just drop it altogether and do 20-30 vocabulary words a day (using recognition cards). Then you could hit ~2k words in 2-3 months, and be in a good position to consume native material earlier.

Oh, and when it comes to getting yourself burned out, the important thing is just to be aware of whether it's feeling like too much and whether you're starting to skip days. You can do any amount of cards a day you want but it just needs to be an amount that you can do every day without fail.

There just tend to be a lot of people who dive in and commit to a very large number of new cards, and then talk themselves out of doing fewer cards even though they're starting to skip days and their reviews are getting out of hand.

Why is Hanahira so great? Is there a better way to learn Japanese than through cute little girls?

あおばちゃんが大好き!

It isn't cute at all though

いts あ ジョーク

I haven't deleted the production cards because I've somehow convinced myself that manually writing down the kanji will help me identify it easier later on.

I tried doing some vocab but found it super hard and frustrating trying to learn words without knowing the kanji in it, like xxx歳 without knowing that's the kanji for age / years old or 貯金 without knowing that's save up + money = savings. I decided doing kanji first and vocab after I finish but I'm getting very discouraged at how long this is taking while not really seeing any results.

20 a day gets you more than that in a month

Q: What kind of sandwich would a sukeban eat?
A: A sukebanh mi!

Not in read/write decks where doing 20 cards per day actually amounts to learning 10 new kanji per day.

While cooking it is both 米 and ご飯 and neither 米 nor ご飯.

これは"たとえば"の話だけど。
ある日、翼あるひとびとがグレタガルドの白い空を埋めつくしたんだ。

天地の半ばに羽根の舞う 雪花のごとく繽紛と
 慈悲なき鏃の降りそそぐ 羽根のまにまに繽紛と
 燃える礫の降りそそぐ  羽根のまにまに繽紛と

草葺き屋根の里が焼け ポプラ木立の邑が焼け
 世界の底を逃げまどう 無辜なる民の靴の音
 石の街路を駆けぬけて 荒れた畷を駆けぬけて
 世界の底を逃げまどう 馬のひづめの轟きよ

エルフの森の王国も ドワーフ造りの山の砦も 機械仕掛けのノームの城も
 猖獗極まる侵寇の 波涛の呑まれて隊伍散る
 戦火の汀に立たされた 人の子たちの負け戦
 翼の泊まる空の下 堅牢堅固も過去の栄誉か 終焉迫る城塞都市

聖なる騎士さえ堂に入り 円蓋の下 神よと祈った
 宮廷道化は楼閣のぼり 蝋の翼で飛ばんと嘯く
 陰に潜んだスラムの王は 武器を鎧って空を睨んだ
 暗き洞棲む妖術使いは 闇を纏って機を待った……

ほら、空ってどこにでも繋がってるよね
どこへ逃げたって、敵はその白い翼でどこまでも追っかけてくるんだ。
だから翼のない彼らは、どこにも繋がってない空を求めていた。
そんな願いが通じて、いま彼らはとてものどかな国でジングルベルを聴いていた―
これは"たとえば"の話だけど。
僕らが君に語るのは、たとえばそんなメルヘン。

Why do so many female vocaloids and utaites use "Boku"? Are there women out there who use it or "Ore"?

Konn nichi wa /djt/
Ore wa yon nen kara nihongo wo benkyo shi teiru. Demo dokusho dake shite, nazenara hanashi aite ga nakatta. Dare ka ga ore ni penpal no aite wo shite kure masen ka. Dekiru dake kawaikute wakai onna no ko ni shite hoshii wwwww. Romanji no koto goumen nasai, demo ore ga kanji wa deki masen.

because its gendy neutral so boys and girls can sing along

It's one syllable less than watashi, probably.

僕 sounds better than 私 when sung in those programs.

It's more gender neutral and casual.

I recognize that butt.

I went to the doctor today, turns out I gained 35 pounds in the last year. Looks like I'm well on my way to becoming a fat neckbearded weaboo.

learn thermodynamics

Does anyone remember the name of the crazy theory along the lines of "Japanese invented their own writing system before Chinese!"?

im also just fat as fuck lol

Now you both need to do real reps

youtu.be/TLc30VSPdgY?t=609
It actually comes from Hebrew.

Are you talking about 神代文字?

Ken-sama?

COMPLETELY pointless, everyone knows NEETSs commit suicide by age 30. I don't want to waste precious time at the gym instead of reading VNs.

Yes?

looks like i dont have long before i off myself then

today was actually leg day thats why i havent been posting much

>exercise for weight loss meme

>_____ meme meme

>tfw 2 years left until suicide
Can I commit sudoku instead?

>tfw finished 帝国の王女
It had much less technobabble and archaic politeness than I expected so the ride was relatively smooth. Time for ささやかな戦い.

That's only true if you let your semen get corrupted. Otherwise you become a wizard.

そしたら副作用なのか突然、頭がぐるぐる回りだしまっすぐ運転できないほどに。
まずい!すぐに高速道路を降りてガソリンスタンドで休憩してを何回か繰り返し
薬の効き目がなくなるまで約3時間くらいこのような状態でした。

What is he doing 繰り返し? Getting off the highway and resting?

自家発電
Now I'm curious about the second meaning.

>Getting off the highway and resting?
Yeah

Here's an important tip for studying Japanese. Get eight hours or more of sleep every night or else you won't be able to study very well. I only got one hour of sleep and I'm paying the price.

Well boys, I'm finally going to be living the dream. 3 week vacation to glorious Nippon in a month and a half. I've been camming like no tomorrow so I can actually say something in Japanese. This is the most motivation I've had in years.

Turns out months of anki decks does not help so much with actually trying to have a conversation.

Daily reminder that every post you read on Sup Forums is a sentence you could've read in japanese and learned something.

Just stopping by for my once a month hour on Sup Forums before going back to futaba and 2channel, why aren’t you shitposting in japanese yet Sup Forums?

I'm ESL, so shitposting here is technically language study for me.

This thread is pretty much just a refuge for beginners who all come and go.

is there any reason to stick to limits like 25 or 30 new words per day in anki? Will it hurt me to do an additional 15 or 20 on top of that every once in a while?

Do as many as you want without getting sick of it and burning yourself out.
But take at least a 5 minute break every 30 minutes or it will start wearing out your concentration.

なるべく諦めない!
なせば大抵なんとかなる!

Time spent shitposting is time spent not studying. If you're about to engage in a silly argument or off-topic discussion, close the thread instead. Use your time productively!

Persistence is the key to success. You CAN learn Japanese!

Did you increase your daily rep limit to 9999?

なるべく諦めない!
なせば大抵なんとかなる!(ただしイケメンに限る)