Record of Lodoss War

>Record of Lodoss War

Do you guys recommend this? I saw the first episode and the art style is great. It seems difficult to follow though and I'm not sure how I'll like the D&D aspect of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2605489
youtube.com/watch?v=c1_6OdRBWds
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Im also marathoning this
Im just doing it for the elves.

It's pretty dated in terms of character and story, desu, and some of the animation is kinda cheesy, but the art style is indeed gorgeous and worth watching just for that. Also, there's a brown elf side character, so that counts for something.

It's boring as fuck and the pacing is terrible. The only pros are that it's pretty short and has great character designs.

>recommend
lurk more

You don't seem to understand what words mean.

If he had asked for fantasy anime recs then yeah wsr would be where to post.

Asking if a single anime is good is not a "request thread"

10/10 opening

As long as you are watching with english op.

>doesn't put lodoss thread in subject for something so old.

It's a rec thread.

I liked the OVA series. There's also another series that takes place in the same world as the Lodoss series that you might want to check out called Rune Soldier Louie, too.

Why is she so perfect?

Watch the OVAS and avoid the tv series.

its shit
if you want a D&D like anime watch SAO better

Read the replay and the novelization.

Are those in English? I'd totally read those.

The problem is that there are no scans of Comptec magazine available so you'll have to do with Niconico.
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2605489
They do have guest commentaries by players from various replays, including those of Deedlit and Parn.

Easy there.
The D&D aspects (ie the characters' personalities and the main storyline) satisfy dull, generic tropes present in so much of western fantasy's garbage.

The art and battles are gorgeous, though.

No, it's D&D trash

If you want a "serious" high fantasy anime without JRPG elements also added in, Lodoss is about all you have.

Writing is incredibly superficial. Fantasy is dope.

>should I watch _____
fucking kill yourself

is there a single better designed character than orson?
his color scheme and overall style is just perfect

JUST LOOK AT THIS MOTHERFUCKER AND TELL ME HES NOT THE MOST BEAUTIFULL CHARACTER TO EVER EXIST

everything compliments each other, try to point a single flaw out

Best elf.

Hadn't aged too well. You can hear the dices at the background as the campaign flows and the reused animation become really anoying at the final episodes.
At least it has elf tits.

Someone translate what happens when Parn fails his rolls against Assram and has Cashew save his ass. Then translate it again when Parn loses to Wagnard and Spark comes to save the day.

How did the guy playing Parn feel? He ends up as the Knight of Lodoss but he fails at everything but rolling a 20 basically against Shooting Star who wasn't even looking at him.

It'd be like Wrath of the Lich King, only instead of Tirion unfreezing everyone, he just walks up and one shots Arthas and then throws you the loot while you're still stuck in the ice.

Except it happens twice.

This scene takes on a whole new meaning when you realize the person playing Deedlit was a man.

I want to fuck that elf.

youtube.com/watch?v=c1_6OdRBWds

watching the repulsive degenerates known as high elves suffer is my sole joy in life, is this series any good for that?

TOEI pls, return to your boring and cheap as fuck worked DBShit and SMCrap

It is one of the greatest visual influences of Japanese made high fantasy.

SAO is low fantasy, no pretty clothes etc.

I am biased towards 90s Japanese made high fantasy anime and games due to the elaborate costume designs.

looks fantastic

Eh... it's ok i guess. Her sex scenes are the only good thing about this series.

>that guy who plays a girl and keeps hitting on the other players