What weapons or fighting styles would you want to see represented in more anime...

What weapons or fighting styles would you want to see represented in more anime? I wish more anime showed off spearfighting, realistic archery, and axe combat. Also kung fu and grappling styles.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uYkDP5xDoO8
youtu.be/8fgIMRBiNug
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dual shielding. Its stupid and i love it

freestyle swordship like mugen

Gun Kata

or

Gun and sword

Sword with gun taped at the tip

Always wish there was better blunt weapon combat. I want to see bones break.

Both. At the same time.

Seconded

Shield users as a whole are underrated.

Spearfighting and fistfighting are favorites of mine. I'd like to see more boxingish techniques in fantasy settings.

>Let's have an off-topic threads about weaponry and martial arts by using Sup Forums's 'what would you like to see'-posting
Sage and report.

End yourself

Sword and board.

One-handed axes. With shield or dualwielded.

Knives and short blades that don't involve the target getting killed instantly.

Not sure if this counts but I'd also like more dogfighting where at no point the planes just become dancing specks of light. That shit drives me up the fucking wall. The same thing also applies to characters that are able to fly.

>What actual events would you want to see in anime? I wish more anime would deal with the refugee crisis and how the west is responsible for it
So you're saying this would be an acceptable anime thread? Please fuck off back to your home board.

Shitty analogy. Tell me user, how many anime have you seen about current events vs anime with combat involving weapons or martial arts?

>character gets impaled
>dies within a second
Every time

Rape fighting

This was me on the playground at recess.

Not many. Doesn't change anything. Both topics deal with the same topic.
It's a discussion about real life things aka off-topic and not about anime.
It's not hard to understand. "What X would you like to see" is a shitty excuse for an off-topic thread.
Lot of anime/manga feature celebrities and politicians, especially Obama. I could ask for more Trump and it would make a great Sup Forums thread.

Season 2 when?

Just started watching this. I really like it, what are the chances of actually getting a S2?

Yona got 20x cuter after getting Nisio'd.

Capoera or similar styles.

>I wish more anime showed off spearfighting, realistic archery, and axe combat. Also kung fu and grappling styles.

RWBY has all that

Actual rifle marksmenship, with actual rifles.

Knife fighting and knife throwing.

Especially knife throwing, I love that shit so much but it's rare as fuck.

You'd think with all the edgy dark assassin MCs we get there'd be more with knives, but nope assassins gotta use katanas or magic.

I see a lot of shurikens or kunai, but I never fucking see daggers.

I would love to see knife fighting for sure.

arse lan is your one stop shop for spear fighting user

boxing. i mean we have ippo but thats about it. and also some other boxing anime i cant remember

Actually sneaky sneak ninjitsu. Not X-men powers

So I'm the only one that likes bo staves?

they're fairly common

Improvised weapons like hammers, pipes or power drills. Knocking someone down and beating them to death with a cinderblock or a brick or something. Dirty fighting, going for eyes, attempting to incapacitate as quickly as possible, etc.

MC of Madan no Ou to Vanadis uses archery, not sure how realistic it is though

Fucking scythes.

They're cool as shit and really nice to look at.

The protagonist of the Blazblue Variable Heart manga that starts next month has a spear.

Scythes are utterly impractical as a weapon. The only people that used scythes were peasants that had nothing else and even they removed the blade and set it vertically at the end of the haft in order to fashion a crude halberd.

I haven't read the LN but he gets powers towards the end of the anime doesn't he? That sucks, it would've been cool if he remained normal and kept that magic shit to the girls

Scythes are lame as fuck and look incredibly stupid.

Daggers.

I just want to see more cool displays of martial arts. Doesn't matter if they're practical or not.

Scythes make fucking terrible weapons though.

Boxing, Ippo is fucking cool, and dodging and weaving before delivering an uppercut is way better than some stupid twirly kick

Spearfighting, DW5 opening Zhao Yun style. Seirei no Moribito had some parts like that, but overall it wasn't enough to satisfy me.

Halberd fighters would be nice too.

>Spearfighting
This. A good spear fight can be so entertaining.

HolyLand is the closest thing I can think of.

That one from the end of SotS was so good.
Really enjoyed the ones in Moribito too.

I'd rather see more realistic fighting in general, with real-life techniques and animation that makes it look like the weapons have meaningful weight. Either that or off the wall stuff like dual shielding

Fists will always be my go-to for what I want to see more of.
Otherwise, I'd like to see more Molotovs and Nail Bats.

On that note, girls who use karate are cool
Kyokushin anime when?

>what are the chances of actually getting a S2?
100% if Japan gets their head out of their asses

Did they hate it because it was basically Korea?

More realistic combat injuries, especially from japanese sword fighting.
Instead of shoulder cuts that release showers of blood, followed by people getting up like nothing happened.

>especially from japanese sword fighting
As opposed to regular sword fighting?

Armor

I like showers of blood faggot

I have a huge hard on for grappling/military fighting styles. I also get genuinely upset when people say it's boring. There needs to be more in animu

I never forgot that cool fighting choreography in the first episode of Soul Eater. Kind of made me want to see more of it. Shame there never is.

you want some of realistic warfare

watch junketsu no maria, kinda acurate with the france and england wars (remeber to turn off your brain in the witches and magic scenes )

I want a real swordsmanship beating katana/kendo

So your saying that anime can't use any form of real life inspiration in its works? Nigga are you high?

FUCKING FIREARMS that wasn't designed by edgy child with autism

I think the problem is that they keep on trucking after releasing a shower of blood, not the shower itself

Id love to see some western sword fighting... I like 2 tincans trashing each other
bonus points if they use halfswording.

>memeswording

But RWBY isn't an anime. It's a shit.

second season FKING WHEN?

Maybe just outside the realm of reality

Dual-wielding with a sword and a parrying dagger. Shields are for peasants.

Anime need more cute girls dying horribly. That's for sure.

>realistic archery
lolno

>not sure how realistic it is though
0%

So, never.

I want more boxing anime. it's the greatest.

He said realistic. Gunchucks and gunscythes aren't realistic.

Kabaneri's MC fights pretty much exclusively by grappling the not!zombies to the floor and then pouding a weaponized nail gun into their hearts. It's pretty metal.

that and Moribito

Poison.

Like I want poison to actually kill people.

I'm tired of them getting really sick and their friends finding a conveniently located herb to save them.

Poison should KILL.

How the fuck have we not had a good Musashi anime yet?

I want more magical girls with guns.

Because we have.
youtube.com/watch?v=uYkDP5xDoO8

Combat Sambo, Krav Maga and karate throws.
Also close range combat.

>Revolver with clip
>Automatic but still has Action
I'm /k/ but that's fucked up

Well if you read manga, Kenichi is probably the best out there for anything mattial arts. The only thing it doesn't have is krav maga. However as it mostly uses techniqies from other martial arts that masters/disciples in Kenichi use that should be no problem. Boris and his master for example use combat sambo

I know what I want to see LESS of: queer, terrible East Asian martial arts styles that do not work, like aikido.

I want to see main characters learning boxing or other practical fighting styles to beat their opponents to death with.

I want to see more fights with balls, like Razor in HxH, but in real fight.

Just imagine a guy throwing a ball who wheight 1 ton at his enemy face

Also more nunchakus, more mauls, more crossbows and more HEAVY weapon like miniguns, rocket or grenade launchers.

Kicking, just pure kicking

Boar spears.

Atleast we got it once youtu.be/8fgIMRBiNug

This.

Close range melee combat (in full armour) with anything really. I want to see a fight with lots of grabbing, parrying, dissarming, ocasional punch/kick to the face/chest/groin.

Adding to the idea of bare knuckle brawling, I'd like to see more instances where the fighting isn't clean and it's more a battle for survival than just one guy punching another guy over and over until he falls down.

>Spears
Airing right now, faggot

Sneak attacks.

This I'm sick of Zoro fighting fat slow pig

uwot

Is it that thread?