Just marathoned 9 out of 12 episodes of Grimgar and I'm enjoying it quite a bit...

Just marathoned 9 out of 12 episodes of Grimgar and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Not sure if that speaks to the quality of the content or the lack of anything else good out.

What are your thoughts Sup Forums?

somniferkino

>marathoned 9 [...] episodes

Are you the same guy from yesterday who "marathoned" 2 episodes of symphogear ?

Why the fuck do you people feel the need to make threads on Sup Forums about everything you're watching constantly, just watch anime for fuck sake.

if no one made threads about what they're watching we'd have no board

Nah that wasn't me. Mostly just dropped in that to preface that I wasnt finished in the off chance it suddenly takes a turn to shit in the last few episodes.

Making a thread with a vague topic about a show that's not even airing is the perfect recipe to have less than 20 replies before 404.

the shows not old enough to be out of the realm of discussions and the books are still going. At least OP is TRYING to get a discussion going and if the thread dies so what?

Any word on if there is going to be a season 2? Not sure how well the show did.

Uh oh, looks like we got a Mr. Buzzkill over here.

i liked how "real" it felt in the first 4 eps

I think it at the very least fulfilled the cause of which why it was made for in the first place.

It made me read te LN.

Agreed. I like how a few episodes in and suddenly the protagonist isn't stupidly OP. Looking at you, SAO. Hell, 8 episodes in they are still fighting the weakest monsters in the show.

nothing fucking happens the entire show

About 4.8k sales

Yeah, that's what I liked about Grimgar. It more realistic than pretty much all the other fantasy-game anime that I've watched. It wasn't perfect but they did a good job.

Aye,and haru was a decent lead
Fuck ranta tho

Literally nothing happens the entire show.

Way too much time spent moping about the Manatee that I suspected Haru was secretly a poof.

Scrub horizon:gobs dindu nuffing edition

In the threads while it was airing a few times I heard people say it was ghost written. What's the story on that?

Yeah when everyone else of the original party chipped in for a helmet except him I said fuck him as a character.

nev r 4 get

He took the price down by like a half by haggling with the seller.

Shouldn't you guys be watching Naruto or Dragon Ball Super?

Are you the same guy that tells people to go play CoD if they dont like shitty RTSs? There's a difference between slow paced storytelling and character development and nothing happening. Nothing happening doesnt necessarily mean no action. That said Im not that user and I havent watched the show but was considering picking it up

He took down the price by more than half. If they bought the helmet for full price, then he would have been the one that contributed the most.

I love Grimgar. It's such a magical anime.

I can't imagine how you marathoned it. Do you enjoy sitting through the """atmospheric""" insert music videos every episode. I ended up skipping from slide to slide just trying to get back the the actual show. Fucking awful decision. Show would have been leagues better without it even if it had halved the episode count.

Started off great and got really boring, Then the death happened and it went into the shitter.

Not because he was a good character or a huge loss but because they kept fucking mentioning it every episode just in case we forgot.

I want to marry Ranta.

>mfw they have lengthy conversations in the middle of fighting goblins and kobolds

Other than that it was pretty good. I loved the sense that they were experiencing a life-or-death struggle and pulling through that hardship together.

The show stretched out the source material too thin.

Last two episodes were great, though. Be sure to finish.

I liked it, but it would have been better as a regular fantasy and not as a "trapped in an mmo" anime. Too many visible game mechanics.

This is bait.

>Too many visible game mechanics.

Literally in Haru's case.

Just because they don't straight up say "this is an mmo" doesn't mean it isn't an mmo anime. The way the world works feels very mmo like and unrealstic. It isn't a big problem, but when it's visible it can be a bit distracting, and detracts from the overall experience.

>The way the world works feels very mmo like and unrealstic
it's just magic bruh

to be honest I'm not sure I want a second season. The books lose their "shitty group trying to survive" very quickly and then it becomes your trite powerup story with a few deaths to shock the reader.
The reason the anime worked is because they kept things simple and basically reimagined the whole narrative.
I guess everyone wants to see Moguzo's sacrifice but yeah, I'd be fine with just one season

This. I wanted to like it, but the artsy fartsy slides and the fact that they spent an entire episode bawing over the guy irritated the shit out of me. Even what should have been the best part of the last fight was practically 5fps sketch. After he gets the other eye it's just like OOP we don't need frames here, jobs done

Ranta best boy. Yume best girl.

is that supposed to be good or bad?

I loved it. Merry Merry was great.

Fuck Ranta.

It's taken the translator team 2 years to translate 3 novels, the last one still not complete.
At this speed it will be Japanese Olympics and the series would probably finish at 12, thus a further 2 more years.
Is translation speed generally at this pace?

Fuck off Parupiro.

Good shit, hopefully they find someone or the money to continue this.

The animation is legit trash and every scene is lazy.

Plot-"twists" predictable and boring stuck-in-alternate-world fantasy setting.

It never felt "life or death" to me, it was always they just have either dirt on their face and look a little scraped up with the occasional river of blood pouring from their forehead.

What happened to perma-scarring or missing fingers or limbs? Eyepatch maybe? It all just seemed superficial, just a bunch of teens getting fatigued.

Grimgar was just as boring as .hack. Nothing ever happens and the dialogue and character interactions were atrocious.

Only aspies like watching boring autistic shows.

Yeah if I wanted to watch a show about wooly woofters then I would watch Free!

They even mention mobile phones and shit in the first episode. It's clearly a 'trapped in an mmo' anime.

What Grimgar wud you fug?
besides the obvious Ranta

Shihoru.

If they're losing fingers and limbs every fight from the very beginning by the time they got to the kobolds they'd all only have around three fingers, one arm and one leg. They're actually trying to show the characters progressing and improving, the highlight of the show isn't suffering.

truth, glad at least some shows have a more mature plot

A fine boss raid. Deathspot didn't have anything on Blue.

almost like the whole fucking point of the show was about dealing with grief...

>Eyepatch maybe?

>Plot-"twists" predictable and boring stuck-in-alternate-world fantasy setting.

what? you stupid son?