Where were you when Apple normalized face scanning technology?

Where were you when Apple normalized face scanning technology?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Yq67CjDqvw&t=42s
youtu.be/ohmajJTcpNk?t=26
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That was my first thought as well when hearing about this.

On Sup Forums.

Snapchat did this forever ago you fucking retards

This technology has been normalized for years. What do you think Snapchat uses for its filters?

Sure but now it's in 3D! Even more personal data possibly collected by Apple, the governments of the world and God knows who else! Yay!

don't forget our finger prints are also in some database somewhere being shared with all the letter-soup agencies...

no dictatorship could have ever imagined that people would willingly give all their personal details willingly just to use the latest gadget...

>Go to cafe with friends
>Have to scan face on entry
>"Just do it user, why are you being such a drag? You don't have anything to hide dont you?"

This is the future humanity chose

Your face is scanned every time you walk around a busy public place or a shopping centre. Shops in England have started setting up face scanners at the entrance so that the employees receive a warning if a potential shoplifter, or some other criminal, enters.

We live in an oppressive dystopia and we were not even asked if we wanted it. Freedom absolutely does not exist in 2017. Ted was right, technology is slavery.

This thread apparently.

>Shops in England have started setting up face scanners at the entrance so that the employees receive a warning if a potential shoplifter, or some other criminal, enters.

To clarify, these scanners just look like regular CCTV. You will have no idea you are being scanned.

Jesus.. I had no idea it was like this already. What's your guesses for what happens next? Down which path does this all play out?

Yeah, but can said tech recognize you if you have on a hat...a beard...glasses? Your new shiny iFuck X can. Good luck with that shit not being shipped off to the NSA/CIA/FBI/DHS/every other three-letter organization out there's database.

Bump!

Bump deux

Ya cause passport and ids didnt exist before last week.

Muh freedom

People never wanted freedom. Just the illusion of freedom. You think the people of the french revolution just got up and were like hmm i want le liberty. Its all about the economy. No one but faggots with too much time care about freedom

Freedom is a part of it but the more obvious point is that this is a step closer to corporations having 3D face data of civilians, data which could really easily be maliciously used in the information age. It's dangerous.

In the woods waiting for this whole thing to blow over

>apple introduces shit thats already in phones for years
>its important now!
You fuckers will cum buckets when apple adds headphone jacks to the phones.

In Alaska where there is no fucking cctv and face scanning is worthless.

Can i come or are you full?

Restaurants use this too to gauge the level of happiness / content in their guests

Snapchat did it first

Quality of implementation matters. At least you can't circumvent one with depth sensors with a simple printout of your face.

Ever fought a bear in the freezing cold just so you could get the privelege of fucking a bearded woman?

Welcome to alaska

They always have room and theres lots of freedom. You just have to fight nature to live and appreciate ugly women.

Seriously, a california 2/10 is an alaskan 10/10

Women cant survive up there so the few that do get lazy because they know they have the only wet hole for a thousand miles. Alaska is a singly mans manly paradise, but it sure isn't ideal.

>Quality of implementation
Samsung had this whole gig better in fucking galaxy S3.(we are at 8 mind you) It even let you take multiple angles of your head to create a 3d image so you can unlock it even if you dont look directly at the screen.

Well at least you can talk. Before actually seeing the competing product.

>Ever fought a bear in the freezing cold just so you could get the privelege of fucking a bearded woman
Sounds pretty good pham, love me some high test women

Now I know you're full of shit.

I hear there's a tiny chance of someone having your exact face. That thought weirds me out.

desu I know many people with almost exact same faces as each other, structure, hair , voice, etc, even between ethnicities

The creator of the game really sucks at NPC customization. Lots of fat fucking woke hispanic problem glasses whales get created in University environments, strange.

No, the joke goes, "...now where is that woman you wanted me to wrestle?"

Yeah, I see NPCs everywhere all the time. I live by the idea that this is nothing more than a computer simulation now, it's practically a certainty. Not that it changes the way I behave much, but it does help put things into perspective.

The move to alaska and bring enough whiskey you dont care

No once you beat the bear and get the pussy the man asks
>I thought you said I only had to fight 1 bear?

NPC-s? You mean people that seemingly wisp trough life without doing much of anything significant?

>Where were you when Apple normalized face scanning technology?
busy still not buying or using apple products.
it's not like any malignant state actors needed to normalize that shit when they have already normalized mass surveillance and using technology against the citizenry.

Is some genius inventor going to come along with a smartphone alternative that doesn't invade your privacy and collect your data?

Blackberry is pretty good with that as far as I'm informed

I mean actual NPCs. Soulless automatons. Software.

combo of Brave New World, Farenheit 451, 1984 and the Trial (Kafka)

Dude, I live in a small town populated by NPCs and everywhere I go, people are telling me they recognize me from somewhere, but they can never put their finger on it

Until I discovered the internet, I had solipsism problems pretty bad desu

pretty sure California would have more bearded women than Alaska these days

>Give Apple/Microsoft/Google (and by proxy the govt) your pin number
>Give Apple/Microsoft/Google (and by proxy the govt) your fingerprint
>Give Apple/Microsoft/Google (and by proxy the govt) your Iris scan
>Give Apple/Microsoft/Google (and by proxy the govt) your face scan
>Give Apple/Microsoft/Google (and by proxy the govt) your location and location history
>Give facebook/twitter/Apple/Microsoft/Google (and by proxy the govt) your thoughts on even those most mundane topics

Do they look like people?

I think that's uks problem. Never saw anywhere else so fucking much cameras. All that cctv shit is straight 1984. Quintessentially british.

Touch ID is probably gonna be more popular.

Yes. They look like everybody else. You are probably one. By my estimation, only about 1 in every 1,000 people on the planet has consciousness. The vast majority of them are white men with blue eyes. This is a computer game of sorts; more likely a test or an experiment.

fuck off jew and what is windows hello

Well I have both of those things but I dont believe that whatsoever. You could certanly say a lot of people behave like that but I don't think they are actual software.

I didn't mean it in a good way

apparently with this nee software if (((they))) scan your face for 20mins they have the capacity to pull every face you can with your alligned musxle group paired with mimicing your voice tone so they can pretty much film you saying and doing anything with iphone x tech

Yeah they can basically recrete anything at this point

youtube.com/watch?v=9Yq67CjDqvw&t=42s

Also this
youtu.be/ohmajJTcpNk?t=26

me neither

It's a good thing. I'm a good guy. I don't do anything wrong. They can scan my face, eye, thumb prints, hair, whatever...

Even though they have your data, so what? White Nationalisms is spreading, and it's only because of people posting their most mundane thoughts everywhere.

Bump

Yeah but at least they identify as men and wear a feminine dick

First thing I thought when I head about this.

Of course I heard there are some 14 trillion cameras in the world already.
Yes, trillion.
Rising to 60 trillion in the next 5 years.

Remember that post on Sup Forums where the guy had screenshots of the face scanning software in place on PCs in malls everywhere?

or did that fall down the memory hole already?

Oh shit I never thought about that statistic. Where did you get that from? I really wonder how many there really are

up next: biometrics.

We imagine some horrible police state kicking our door in and taking our rights by force. Truth is we are tricked into voluntarily giving them up one by one.

Just look at the info people post on facebook. That shit all gets databased and mined.

this has existed for years you dumb faggot.

>apple did it first!

you and other iShits are stupid

buy Samsung

lmoa

He's right, you know. Freedom is about the economic elite (your rulers) being able to make as much money as possible undisturbed.

I'm not claiming that apple is in any way superior for doing this you cunt, they are just going to heavily normailize the technology for face scanning.

Designing the tech that will also recognize downies.

Your bald head is confusing downies with Hitler's Aryans for some Fuck's forsaken reason again.

1 in 1000
>1 in 1000
in 1 sousand

It'll be great for retail. Customer comes in, the app tells store employees how likely and which items the customer will likely purchase. And also tell employees which one is a likely thief.

Scary shit indeed

do you think they will use blood at some point

I think ultimately they want our DNA. its more versatile than blood.
23andme and ancestryDNA very very well funded for what they do. They are obviously selling info on the side.

yes, but wouldn't it take much longer to decode your id by dna?

I think it has to be DNA too, but I'm afraid that even now it wouldn't be that hard to get it from people. You'd just have implement a mandatory DNA test for a bullshit "ancestry map" that's rigged to promote diversity.

It's okay when a company they like does it.

>Harvard rescinds Manning's fellowship
>WTF?!? JUST WAIT FOR THE NAZIS TO WHINE WHEN THEIR SPEAKERS ARE BANNED FROM SCHOOLS

Ignoring the fact the schools trying to ban Milo and Shapiro are public while Harvard is private.

>CloudFlare takes down Daily Stormer
>WTF?!? GOOGLE IS CAVING INTO THE GOVERNMENT AND GIVING UP FIGHTING WARRANTS?

In Adroid studio it is like one line of code since 2010, in fact 2009 called and wants his face scanning ipod back.

the fuck is tis picture