Is Hibike! Euphonium considered shoujo ai in the way shows like aoi hana are? No explicit yuri love between friends...

Is Hibike! Euphonium considered shoujo ai in the way shows like aoi hana are? No explicit yuri love between friends, but they obviously want each other romantically to some degree.

It's just adolescence

>Aoi Hana
>no explicit yuri love
Don't shitpost with series you know nothing about, thanks.

>It's just adolescence

Yes, being a sexually confused teenage girl is just adolescence.

The manga is. Nothing comes out of the show except for a kiss between the MC and a dyke who's actually in love with a man. Then it ends with the childhood friends remembering how close of friends they've always been.

It's not even close to being shoujo ai. It's just hetshit with some yuribait, that's all.

Sincerely confessing love and outright flirting is "bait"?

As someone who's watched a lot of "shoujo ai" picture related I'd say it was indeed pretty close. Marimite is and perhaps always will be a poster series for the genre, and even Sachiko was in love with a guy for a large part of it.
This is just in reference to the Hibike anime, of course.

It is when one of them turned out to be in love with a male character.

As I said, just bait. The both of them have male love interests so anything vaguely romantic that happened between the two of them was just bait.

>both of them are in love with dudes
>not yuribait

This is yuri the sane way that K-ON is the "music anime".

LN is hetero romance, though.

Again

A main character also being in love with a guy doesn't disqualify a series from being shoujo ai at all. It's a pretty common trope.

You guys are obviously the ones who don't get the genre.

It is when at least one of them is the "canon" love interest.
>shoujo ai

Not an argument.

I feel like you don't even know the definition of shoujo ai.

Nice explanation of why I'm wrong that doesn't involve "b-but there's a guy!"

Try selling this anime as shoujo ai and see how many people will drop it. You just can't label this as shoujo ai going by the simple fact that they have male love interests. Even the director said that it was just bait.

Now if season 2 had Kumiko x Reina going canon then it could be labelled as shoujo ai. Otherwise it is, and will forever remain, yuri bait.

And I'm not even saying this because I hate yuri or shoujo ai, I'm a big fan of the Reina x Kumiko relationship myself.

That's exactly what I was implying with my post, though.
Aren't you trying too hard to seem like a voice of authority? If you wanted to do that, it would help if you stopped using that dead name for the genre.

I was using your post as an example of why it could still be considered shoujo ai probably, but I don't know which one you are

>unironically calling yuri """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""shoujo-ai""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Shoujo ai is a genre that focuses on developing the romantic relationship between two girls. As far as season 1 goes, Hibike doesn't fit this description.

It's yuri.

>MY ANIME GENRE

>Euphonium is yuri is a meme
>Euphonium is not yuri is a meme
based kyoani did it again by not delivering and S2 will be even worse baiting

I see. My mistake, then.
>shoujo ai
As a concession, I'll stop being autistic about this word then. no I won't.

>shoujo ai
For fucks sake, are there really still retards who think this means "girls love"?

no, they're both sluts

I think you need to rewatch season 1 if you honestly believe there's nothing romantic that develops.

If your only argument against this is that Reina likes Taki then you have nothing.

>they obviously want each other romantically to some degree
But they don't.

Well it technically does mean "girl love", but by that it means you love little girls.

>it's yuri
>but the MC is in love with a boy
>it's still yuri though

She's "in love" with her teacher who's like 20 years older than her.

No it didn't have any of that you retard. They are just very good, intimate friends.

I thought shoujo ai was more like a loli thing. Anyway, Just call it Yuri, it doesn't need to be explicit to work. Although Hibike isn't even Yuri to begin with, Aoi hana was gay as fuck compared to this.

Madoka is even less of a yuri show than euphonium

>it's anime
>but it's animated in Korea
>it's still anime though

And? Makes more sense than being a girl being "in love" with a girl.

>In Japan it's normal for friends to confess their intense love for each other, go on intimate dates, and caress

She still wants the dick, and Memehair is in love with some generic beta

Madoka has one more genuine lesbian than Hibikek Baitphonium

In anime/manga it is. Have you never read some fujobait josei?

Homura's confession is really watered down and ambiguous compared to Reina's and Kumiko's. They actually love each other and it's not just a one-sided obsession because they've never had a friend before.

"shoujo ai" means pedophilia. This is just some yuri subtext.

The ambiguity of relationships was a reaction to or product of the taboo of homosexuality. As for adolescence, I think any sane society would recognize that lots of people fuck around in their horniest part of life, often with the same sex, but live out "straight" adulthood. But there are also lots of bisexuals and a fair number of gays and lesbians... Rather than forcing people into a box maybe we should just see relationships as the business of the people in them? Whatever.

In any case, in the real world, I would suspect Reina of at the very least going both ways. In the author's world, it's whatever the author feels like.

So at best you're saying that neither relationship is legitimate.

>She still wants the dick
Arguable, she's probably more attracted to the fact that he's talented and a role model, the dick probably isn't that important.
>Memehair is in love with some generic beta
Kumiko doesn't care much about Shuuichi. She even disliked him at the beginning of the series. Now she's just neutral.

I only know that the show was a piece of shit.
Not even comedy.

Maybe if you had irl friends you could see how big of closet fags some people who already have partners of the opposite sex can be.

At least Homura is a blatant bull dyke.

>AI YO
what did she mean by this?

>They are just very good, intimate friends.
This guy gets it.

Do you only like comedy shows or something?

"i'm a confused little middle school girl who doesn't know how to feel because i've never had a friend before"

Yes it is very normal actually. In Japan, lesbianism is considered to be just a phase that almost every girl goes through during their adolescence. That's the reason why lesbianism is more accepted than male homosexuality since the latter is believed to be a deviation, unlike lesbian adolescents.

One of those interactions is far, far more intimate than the other.

Reina is canonically in love with a dude. She explicitly says that it is love and not like.

I can give you Kumiko, she is clearly attracted to Reina and shows absolutely no interest in Shuu.

How can people still not get this show is all about lewd yuri action behind the scenes.

You can be attracted to more than one person. Also just because she says it's legitimate love and not infatuation doesn't mean that it actually is.

>he never caressed a friend's face while inches apart, declaring his love for him
Sasuga user. Get some friends.

>You can be attracted to more than one person
>attracted
But Reina is not just attracted to Taki-sensei, she is IN LOVE with him. And what authority do you have to claim that it's just infatuation?

So you've decided it's yuri because all evidence otherwise is actually not real and just there to mislead you. Good to know.

She's mentally around 23

If she said something like "Madoka-chan daisuki" that's ambiguous because that literally means like which is as ambiguous as it is amongst middle-schoolers in America. Ai is love, no doubt about it.

>Q: Is Homura in love with Madoka?
>Urobuchi: Probably

Posting another girl who's ten times the lesbian that Rayyy lmao and Memehair are

It's common for young students to be delusionally "in love" with their teachers when they don't even understand what that means yet.

>projecting

It's not like the nips have an exact definition of what yuri is. Depending on who you ask, it could mean Emotional Friendship, Lesbian Scissorfest, or anything inbetween. Not to mention that there are some who think that a lesbian romance isn't necessarily yuri by itself.

Hell, two yuri mangaka have mentioned that they think Hibike is yuri. So, if you want to think that Hibike is yuri, go right ahead.

No, go read some psychology you uneducated nigger

>It's not in the series but it happens in 3D so that makes it canon

愛 doesn't pertain to romantic love only. Had she said something like 恋 then there would be no debating whether she meant the romantic kind or just the all-encompasing kind of love.

Because she's 14 and she clearly idolizes the guy. Moreover, she doesn't even seem have that close of a relationship with him, since we never see any scenes of them together alone, and it's even implied that the two have either never or only rarely been alone together at all based on how she reacts to Kumiko speaking alone with him.

Go read up on how words work.

You're just projecting and it's not like it's even relevant to Hibikek in the first place.

>two yuri mangaka have mentioned that they think Hibike is yuri

Nice to know that there are delusional people even in nipponland.

She has known him for a long time. She has had time to get to know him aside from just watching him from afar. Her conclusion is that it's not just "like" but "love". See, all I'm saying is based on canon evidence, as opposed to you, whose only evidence is based on mere speculation.

It is relevant because a main character is """"in love""" (ie has a crush on him) with someone who's decades older than her, and who probably already has a girlfriend.

>She has had time to get to know him aside from just watching him from afar.
You can't get to know someone by watching them from afar. You definitely can't claim to be in love with them either, a state that requires an actual relationship.

He doesn't have a girlfriend, but that doesn't make what you're saying wrong.

>""""in love"""

>Some random yurishitter nip fuck said they thought the show was yuri

Oh well that's the end of that guys everyone fucking go home, someone somewhere thought it was yuri, how could we argue against that????

What did not-Homura mean by this?

You absolutely can fall in love with someone whom you barely have interactions with. It can start with admiration, then it turns into a crush, and then it turns into love. You haven't had any real life experience I suppose?

Delusion: the post.

This show is another example of yuribait.

>yuri is a Japanese jargon term for content and a genre involving love between women in manga, anime, and related Japanese media.

So not only is it is meaningless word in the firs placet, but it doesn't even classify what type of love it is. It could familial, platonic, or even romantic love. Who knows?

I just finished the series and I am new to franchise, what kind of love is she talking about here?

Tougou is literally confirmed gay though

That's not love, it's infatuation. Love isn't just being more infatuated, it's a deep personal relationship, and an attachment to a person due to that relationship. She abstractly loves Taki in the same sense that she abstractly loves the idea of being a professionally recognized trumpet player. It's a goal, and ideal, not an actual relationship. Taki as a person has nothing to do with the feelings Reina has toward him, it could have been any random accomplished musician that she sort of knew as a kid.

Confused and delusional "love" that a girl who thinks she's special and above all of her classmates would believe she has

The kind of love where she wants Taki-sensei's stick between her walls.

So have we just accepted shoujo-ai to mean the gender-swapped version of shounen-ai? I can live with that.

Fuck off madokafags, you are subhuman.

user, fictional characters regularly fall in love in the span of ten seconds. Stop it.

Again, you are projecting on what Reina really meant when she said love. Next you're going to say that when she said she "loved" Kumiko she acually did mean it and it wasn't just Reina teasing her.

This.
>No, the prince didn't really love Snow White, that was just an infatuation!

What does that make Hibikekfags then?

the kind you clean up with mop and bucket

YuYuYufags are the real subhumans. Eating up shit just because it has some yuri. That's really the lowest of the low.

To say "fall in love" often means "to become infatuated with." There are differing definitions of what the word love means.

Oh no, I'm sure she meant what she said, she's just wrong.

So Reina is as much in love with Taki as the prince was with Snow White?

/u/ still can't handle the adolescence

>she thinks she's in love with Taki but she's wrong
This is some next-level delusion.

>she's just wrong
Because you say so?

Sure. Do you think that proves your point? The prince only ever saw Snow White, he was only attracted to her physically. In fact, I would say that Reina's attraction is deeper than his, because at least she likes some of Taki's non-physical features.

Because she's 14 and she doesn't understand what it actually means to love someone.

Thinking it's impossible to have misguided feelings for more than one person is also delusional