How has your taste in anime changed over the years?

How has your taste in anime changed over the years?

pls respond

More SoL and CGDCT

Started watching more anime from the 70's and 80's. Having a blast with them compared to the currently airing shows this season.

Went from mainly mecha to pretty much everything. I've come to realize I can't live without anime anymore and if I'm going to depend on it to keep me entertained, I might as well find something to enjoy in all of it, which eventually led to me completely losing my sense of criticism, but I don't regret it.

Well I started watching anime like Ashita no Joe, Galaxy Express 999, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Space Pirate Captain Harlock and Rose of Versailles but now I realise that the anime I'm suppose to like is stuff like K-on!, the rest I've been told I deluded myself into liking. Now I only watch well known SoL anime recommended by MAL.

First I was just watching it for the sci-fi stuff like GITS so I finally got to watch Eva and that got me more into the weirder surreal shit like FLCL or Lain and from there I got into the artsy, hipster shit like stuff by Yuasa and Nakamura. Then I watched some both artsy and surreal shit at once like Angel's Egg or Utena. I liked all of those but realized Evangelion still had a special place in my heart and Gainax was my favorite studio and because of them I got into the older mecha stuff. From that I expanded to mech in general and older stuff in general. I also had a short break into pre-tezukan anime as well. Because of watching Black Lagoon at one time and Revy being best girl I would also look for some anime with action girls but most of those turned out to be mediocre sadly.

I don't think my tastes changed drastically, I just discovered more things that I liked. I don't think I ever stopped liking something I used to at one point.

I've grown more critical, but I can also find enjoyment in just about anything, if that makes sense.

I've become a lot less critical but that's more an approach to art in general. Also became a sucker for magical girls. K-On! is still my favourite anime.

I don't know if what I have is similar, but I'd say I'm easily pleased but hard to impress.

Likewise, kinda makes it hard to relate to alot of Sup Forums honestly.

It makes perfect sense. Its not wierd to be able to enjoy something and still be able to see where it can improve.

Less action and grimdark, more SoL.

Also, I no longer have to randomly guess on DVDs and try to convince myself I liked a series because I paid money for it.

I've become less willing to watching anything I don't thoroughly enjoy. I used to watch most of what came out in a season but fuck that now.

Went from watching only really popular anime to watching a lot of sports, then had a brief older anime phase and now I mostly only watch airing shows

It hasn't really changed, just broadened and I'm more easily able to tell if I'll like a series or not. I learned not to trust Sup Forums so much because anons' opinions are usually inflated by whatever cute girls are in the series. Which is fine for them, but I'm not into girls so I realized sports etc is more up my alley and that's why I wasn't enjoying Love Hina or whatever other entry level series I started off with when I was new.

Not much, before Sup Forums I only really watched manime. Now I love SoL and cute girls doing cute things as well. But I'm not that picky anyway.

it really hasn't changed too much. the rate at which i watch anime has slowed down since i was in middle/high school, and i'm also not nearly as into cute-looking girls anymore, but i think that's pretty much it.

Started on poorly dubbed saturday morning anime

Then I got into fast paced action series like Black Lagoon and Baccano!

Now I like fantasy stuff and non-harem male protagonist slice of life/non-action shounen and non-edge seinen

Still only watch two or three things a season and read the rest though.

I suppose I've become slightly more tolerant of mechashit, though my taste is mostly unchanged over the ages.

Enlightened beings:

>More SoL and CGDCT
>Now I only watch well known SoL anime
>Less action and grimdark, more SoL.
>Now I love SoL and cute girls doing cute things as well.

I watch a lot more SOL/cute girls.

Started with the usual dubbed shounen.
Nowadays I mostly watch everything, except sports anime, I don't actively avoid it but I just haven't had any interest in them, last one was Ping Pong and that was pretty good.

watched anime as a kid when it was on tv, typical shit. couple of shows here and there as a teen, but not consistenly. then i found berserk and went into a heavy phase where i checked out all kinds of shit for a few years, seeing "the best" of each genre. now i watch a lot of airing show and very few finished ones except for during slow seasons. its more fun to shitpost about whats on for months at a time than to steam roll a series in two days and move on.

i now tend to watch shows more based on studios and staff than plot summary or popular opinion, or if threads are really poppin ill give em a shot.

also starting to see the value of hentai outside of just emptying my balls - seen a few funny/half decent ones recently

Not a whole lot different. Just an increase in cute girls.

My taste really hasn't changed

I've got a way better understanding of the kinds of shows that appeal to me. All my favourites share a common thread.

Hasn't changed much
When I was 5 I watched Sailor Moon and Power Rangers
20 years later I'm watching Precure and Kamen Rider

Got into Naruto and Megaman NT Warrior dubs when they were on TV. Didn't know it was called anime, just thought they were cool.

Now I watch shit that's actually good

I can't get into iyashikei anymore

What got me into anime was self insert pandering shit, and I didn't have to lay for it.
I liked mostly action shows, even after I started to kick the habit of self inserting.
Then I watched K-On and I've been a huge SoL fag ever since, with a dash of good ole 70s super robot mecha and their remakes.

I was thinking about picking up kamen rider, or maybe even ultraman

I found what kinds of shows I enjoy the most pretty fast so my taste has been the same for years.

Usually watch shonen shit most of the time or stuff my friends recommend to me, but I've been getting into SoL lately because I need to get that feeling of friendship and happiness from somewhere, being a lonely dweeb sucks.

At least you have Sup Forums.

Started with Toonami, moved on to Adult Swim, entry level stuff. I liked shoujo romance a lot when I was a kid. As a teenager, I liked edgier stuff. Now I'm much picker about romance, and too much edge will make me roll my eyes. I like series with mellow and beautiful atmospheres, but I care about characters more than anything else. It doesn't matter what type of show something is, or whether it's good or bad, as long as there are a couple of characters I fervently care about and enjoy.

For all the years I've been here, I've never once participated in a 3x3 thread

If you see all the shit taste responses, youre better off.

Not too much. I didn't like K-on!, but I liked Lucky Star. Now I accept almost every SoL/CGDCT, I've always liked shoujo romances and mahou shoujo. I don't like grindmark seinen as much as before.

Also this

I honestly believe that people who watch SoL have seen shows with "fucking terrible plots" so they rather watch something with no plot at all
Please no bully.