What does Sup Forums think of Meitantei Conan AKA Case Closed?

What does Sup Forums think of Meitantei Conan AKA Case Closed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fh2u8gXX24U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm glad the director changed back. The previous 150 or so episodes have been much better than the almost two hundred before it.

Scared that it's longer than 1 or 2 cour.

It's an awesome series. We used to have daily threads about it last year. Dunno what happend to them.

I've been away from Conan for some months now, do we know anything new about that little girl in your pic? The one that lives with Sera.

She's packin'.

Seems like Sup Forums is no longer interested in Conan.

It's an undeniable truth Ai Haibara is best girl.

We had Scarlet Return last year, now we're stuck on eternal filler hell because there were those 3 months were Aoyama was on the hospital and the anime reached like 3 cases away from catching up with the manga.

Pic

It's long and scary!

If I were to rewatch those 800 episodes now I swear I'd end up with 2TB worth of screenshots.

I loved the dub episodes, and got 50 or so into the subbed. It just isn't the same. It's the only anime that I cannot watch subbed. Everything else is fine (or I prefer the subbed version). There's something about the whodunnit format that makes reading subs tedious

>new manga every 4-6 months
>sea of anime originals
kill me

Once I learned F5 is mapped to screenshot by default in MPC-HC anime watching was never the same.

I know that feel.

after 20 years, anyone can lose interest

You just have shit taste.

no u

And isn't that fantastic? I had a fuckton of screenshots of Conan.

I'm a little under halfway through the manga. It's generally pretty good, but some of the weaker cases are a slog.

While I prefer the dub just for the fact of it being voiced in English, the biggest problem other than "Eat your hamburgers Apollo" is so much was lost in translation.

Funimation would lose no matter what.

If they left it alone they'd swamp viewers with Japanese lore, wordplay, and culture that would make absolutely no sense. Otherwise they'd have to do 4Kids-tier script changes (which they did in their dub) which contradicted what was on screen.

However you're a little bitch, get back on the grind.

Not like Sup Forums has ever known what was good for them.

Ideally I would like a literal translated dub, as most subs would be. The hamburgerification of the show did not go unnoticed or uncringed. Although now it's just funny.

Eat your hamburgers dandy... in space!

Rate em.

96, 99 and 2002 are the best.

Is his face getting sharper because he's supposed to be growing up? Or what

It overstayed its welcome. It's good mind you but it is so long that it overstayed its welcome.

>its welcome
When was it ever welcomed and relevant on the scale that is now?

Detective Boys alone could take up my entire HD.

2001-2007 is the best.

It's essentially part of the japanese culture by now. It's not going to fade away in your lifetime.

99 best design

threadly reminder

I guess Akai was gone for a day then.

Subs when?

Holy shit, looks amazing. Is this the newest one?

yes, where have you been living under?

do the movies even matter where you watch them? i stopped after like the 3rd

I stopped reading Conan some time ago, so I didn't want to continue with the anime.

"where" as in could you watch episode 1 then the latest movie?

In general yes, but there are a few movies that will either spoil things (like 4+ and Haibara) or won't make sense because you don't know the surrounding canon thus far (like who Subaru is in movie 18).

Beyond that, they're great at breaking up the pace of climbing.

kinda. Strictly speaking, they're not canon, but if gosho ends up liking some stuff in them, it often ends up in the manga.

Gosho should just bite the bullet and make a sport shonen manga

Who usually sub Conan movies? Wanna get the subs asap.

Where's the best place to read the manga, it's extremely hit-or-miss on Kissmanga

lurk more

youtube.com/watch?v=Fh2u8gXX24U

Not out yet, give it about 6 months + M-L tier waiting or SuiriOtaku.

No one is going to sub a camrip. Wait until the end of the year and then or maybe Kaitou are going to do it.

>Kaitou
Can't wait for the subs in three different languages on the screen at once.