Why does Sup Forums not like this?

Why does Sup Forums not like this?

Every other Trigger anime is better than Kiznaiver except Inou Battle

But I do.

Perfect example of why Okada can't write and why Trigger needs to pull their heads out of their own asses and realize they can't do anything besides stylish animation.

The characters, dialog and premise are all poorly written. The only people who praise it do so for virtue of it being "different" than most anime, but in this case "different" means "pretentious and poorly constructed story that has characters and themes only a 14 year old would find interesting or moving."

Because Sup Forums has shit taste

Inou Battle could have been fun if it just stayed silly nonsense. As soon as it tried to add a real plot it went to shit.

The concept is boring, the voice acting is boring, the story is boring, and the characters are boring

No plot, just forced melodrama.

The "humor" isn't very funny.

Half of the character designs are retarded.

The way that the characters "saved" maki from the reporters last episode was laughably bad.
>heh, check how smart we are guise, dont you feel intellectually checkmated? :^)

The only thing going for it is the nice visuals.

I like it it has my new waifu chidori.

>he only people who praise it do so for virtue of it being "different" than most anime, but in this case "different" means "pretentious and poorly constructed story that has characters and themes only a 14 year old would find interesting or moving."
the only people who find it deep are trigger babbies who haven't watched more than 10 series

The writing is hackneyed. There's a huge disconnect between the viewer and the drama onscreen. I like the animation and the characters are colourful, but that's about it.

But we've still got six episodes left so who knows.

Probably because its not "comfy" enough for some

I like the crazy girl, the red haired girl and the brainy girl.

Don't forget the Okadafags.

>But we've still got six episodes left so who knows.
Are you really sticking it all the way out? I was planning on it, but when last week's episode started with the nutjob megane Maki's "mysterious and interesting" friend from the past falling off the bridge as a joke (or whatever she was doing) I had to stop it. I wish writers would realize that making a character excessively eccentric and chaotic doesn't make them interesting or complex, and then later on adding some sort of sad backstory to it, as it's usually done, doesn't make the behaviors suddenly clever through hindsight.

I like it. The character interaction is great. Only wish chidori would get less of the focus.

Has Okada done anything good since S1 of Wixoss?

It's alright enough not to drop, except for the last episode which was downright terrible.

That's an odd cutoff to use, considering that Wixoss wasn't good.

I thought the first season was pretty damn enjoyable. The second season was a huge letdown and just a general mess of wasted potential.

I have some sort of 6th sense when it comes to dropping absolutely horrible stuff. Glad I made the right call again here.

Though to be fair I did was all of Comet Lucifer, so I can't say it's perfect.

The first season has some good artwork and sound design, and everyone loves a dose of little girl suffering/death games. The actual drama and characters were weak, and outside of the twist at the end with the switch (which was admittedly pretty cool) the "bigger plot" they were building up with that white god like lady and the nature of the game were pretty stupid.

And fuck Akky lucky or whatever the hell her name was. No amount of seeing her spammed in threads will make her not annoying.

The first season was pretty good. The second season was shit.

Good concept that allowed this show to take on a deep philosophical look at how this system could achieve world peace and also the flaws of it and human behavior

Instead it wastes this potential completly and we get a shitty SoL Anime

For once Sup Forums isn't suffering of shit taste syndrome.

>Good concept that allowed this show to take on a deep philosophical look at how this system could achieve world peace and also the flaws of it and human behavior
Yes, what a great concept. Make people share pain because they can't truly connect, because as we all know, human beings don't have empathy and therefore such a system is necessitated.

Do elevens have empathy?

>all these people dropping because it isn't "deep enough" for them
You niggas need to learn to just turn off your brain, chill and appreciate some animu.

I don't dislike it, but as it is now, it's just about average for this season, which says more about the current season than anything, If this aired summer 2015 instead it would have been top five for me, and just under Shirayuki-hime, NNBR, Rokka no Yuusha, and Haikyuu.

I've got a few elven friends and they're extremely kind people. Not just surface level politeness, but genuinely thoughtful. Can't really speak to the population as a whole, though.

>all these people dropping because it isn't "deep enough" for them
Literally no one has said that.

>You niggas need to learn to just turn off your brain, chill and appreciate some animu.
Why would I appreciate something that has a garbage story? Either don't do something serious and do a comedy or SoL, or do the story correctly.

I think it's alright. They nailed style again and I dig the character designs and some of the dynamics. It's still really underdeveloped. Flashback next week should be a sign of what to expect. The way it is the end game could make it or break it.

I'm watching in hopes that Chidori and Tenga will hook up

But she's a bitch.

Then you should stop since tenga is a top notch bro, he won't go for her and I doubt the group would let him. Take your dumbass ships to the yahari thread.

I feel like it's trying too hard. The magic in Kill la Kill and Luluco is that they're just effortlessly entertaining, bordering on mindless fun. This is just some shitty romance show wearing the guise of a shitty fantasy show, it's disappointing.

But I enjoyed Inou a lot more than this one.

Youve probably watched either Nge, haruhi, k on, madoka any and all idolshits. So its it's really not like you are in any position to talk.

i want twists and mystery and unexpected deaths and memorable music and sick action sequences

instead we get a red head crying about her bullied bf

It's not fun, or comfy.
Plus there's not enough fujo/u/ bait.

Why didn't you just call it f/u/jo bait?

SoLfag here, Kiznaiver is terrible

Okada doing shitt melodramatic romance with a veil of "serious fantasy story" thrown over it? I don't believe you.

>either
I've watched all of those, and then hundreds more. I'm sure you 20 whole animes makes you a real pro.

Character design is pretty solid.

I'm kind of enjoying it because it's pretty stylish looking but I just don't get where the fuck they're trying to go with it. It's not quite action, not quite comedy, not quite SoL, not quite drama and we're already halfway through. It needs to pick a direction and stick to it or it's going to be really unsatisfying, it's wasted too many episodes already.

Well now I just feel silly.

The art style (not animation) and characters designs are usually good with Trigger. That's not enough to save the show.

Kiznaiverfag here. Kiznaiver is terrible.

She's super kind.

>fujo's or yurifags
>having working brains
Pick one.

No, but to say that all they can do is stylish animation is a bit much. In fact, I'd say they're pretty good at almost everything...
except plotting, and that's pretty important.
Their direction, sound, and keyframes are all really nice. Their animation is appalling though. But, that's really just a budget issue.

This is not as bad as Sup Forums try to make it look.
More than a character Okada is trying to develop the group as a whole unit, but that hurt the pace which it feels a little slow for 6 episodes. Although the last episode was pretty decent due to Maki is a rather interesting character with a great pain inside her heart. I guess the next episodes are going to be quite intense in the feeling department and probably the slow first half is going to pay now in the second now that the gang is more intime between themselves and the secrets behind the Kizuna system are being revealed.

Whatever happens, one thing is for granted: We'll have lot of drama. Is Okada after all, and she's not everyone's cup of tea.

I'm confused if the OP is out or not. Anons said it's not out. Then an user had a screen cap of the bands twitter showing it's already out, but have not yet found a download of it.

Their directing is wildly over rated. I've seen almost nothing of note. Sound is rarely done in house, as most studios hire composers who work freelance, so you can't attribute that to them. People just really like their artstyle.

And of course, everything related to the writing aspect of their series being horrible doesn't exactly make their shows fun to watch.

>Although the last episode was pretty decent due to Maki is a rather interesting character with a great pain inside her heart.
Stop trying to sound impartial and reasonable. You have absolute shit taste in drama.

Some anons just want to the see world burn.

How so?

it's really just mediocre all around. boring/shitty characters, stupid plot, stupid romance subplot, terrible mc and nothing happens

The only thing I'm happy they finally did was make it about emotional connections even though admittedly it's on the most basic of basic levels. What I really wanted from this show was something akin to the plot of the first episode of Kino's Journey, but more deeply explored. Unfortunately they didn't move towards that until the show was halfway over and kept a very boring and basic plot for everything up to that point.

Look how nicely framed this shot is, this show had about 5 frames per episode and the fights still felt kinetic. Direction is one thing they do super well.

>It's mediocre
>Everything in it is crap

It's really nothing special if you're looking at "good" directing. They use super basic stuff involving positioning of characters in the foreground/background to make them look imposing and story, or defeated and weak. Or in Satsuki's case, the loved have her with the camera looking up at her in her dictator pose with the light behind her. And let's not forget the "clever" scene where monkey talks about not being in her shadow forever, and then quite literally moves from behind her to in front of her without her seeing him move.

It's all really basic stuff that they do a lot, and after the first few cuts it got boring. It's the same thing over and over again. The art style is cool and I get that people like it, but the directing is very basic and does a couple things decently, then just repeats them ad-infinitum.

Sup Forums has a lot of hipsters that are still traumatized by KLK and automatically hate any Trigger show. Also, the "Okada is a bad writer" meme has been forced for a while now and most of Sup Forums forces themselves to believe it in order to fit in.

I really like the gimmick with the kiznaiver system and how the emo MC is actually learning a lot from it at a fast pace.
However it still feels like it has no idea what its going for at times and Maki's secret feels out of place from the rest of the show. I wouldn't mind it if it was just a few people being forced to bond as friends but the character interactions arent strong enough for that.

That's good bait. You might actually convince some people that you're an absolute fucking retard from Sup Forums who only watches 2 shows a year and only posts in threads about popular off-boarder-bait shows.

Tenga and Chidori look too much like Kamina and Yoko

Because it fucked up what it was trying to do.

It's not bait. It's an accurate description of the people who dislike this show. Though I did forget to mention there's also the awkward pretentious people like who have weird insecurities over "deep" anime.

>it consistently has good composition, so it's bad

>who have weird insecurities over "deep" anime.
Critcizing bad writing has nothing to do with "insecurities about deep anime". There's nothing deep about this, the writing is just shit.

He was being nice. I'll say it straight. Shit's trash.

Here's an example of a kind of "wide angle" style shot that's really visually interesting. I'll concede that they reuse their own tricks (you see shots like this throughout the show, and I'm literally just grabbing nice shots from random parts of a random episode), but having recurring styles makes the direction feel cohesive. You can see how they use a common color palette if you compare with the previous shot, and that makes the whole show have a consistant style that sticks in your head and makes it instantly recognisable. You could take Ryuko, and even the tower in the background, out of this shot and know exactly what show it was taken from. This is what Trigger does well.

Im enjoying it so far, who cares what Sup Forums thinks?

This is the season people stop pretending like Okada isn't a hack fraud and stop defending her when people say she's shit right? The dialogue in Mayoiga is like it's written by a fucking alien.

It's quite sad people don't understand the difference between their own opinions and actual quality writing. The Okada hate is a meme, and it's worse from the KLK babbies who think Trigger shows all need to be shallow action fests.

No, it uses some very basic techniques over and over again to convey one or two ideas the same way every time, and as a result the directing is nothing noteworthy. If you compare it to something airing now that has absolutely no focus on directing at all like Netoge, then sure it's good. On the other hand if you start comparing it to anime that actually have good directing, it's nothing special at all.

You're pretty much just saying what I said again. They use a couple basic tricks and shots to set up a couple emotions, and do the same thing over and over again. The art is nice and they set up a few cool stillframes (or rather, one cool stillframe over and over), but the directing leaves too much to be desired, especially in motion, to say that directing is really nice or noteworthy.

She's always been hated here. It's just that recently she got some more exposure to the plebs between IBO and this, and now you get idiots like this
who think Okada hate is a meme, and that standards don't exist for writing and everything is an opinion so something can't be technically bad.

More like it has wasted potential and a lackluster story that you can find in almost any other show. Want a better version of the romance and buds helping eachother? Go watch something like ore-monogatari. Want some sweet teamwork and interesting interactions between characters? Go watch Hibiki Euphonium. Want some good drama related to attempting to understand oneanother? Go watch Say I Love You. All of these do these themes better than this show and I have a rather limited list of anime that I've seen. I won't say that those are the best of the best for those themes by any means, but those are ones I could think off the top of my head.

what are the objective measures for good writing then, tough guy?

Okada's writing is objectively good though. She definitely writes better characters and better drama than any of the other big writers in the industry.

Okada hate really is a pure meme and that is undeniable to anyone who isn't new. It's the exact same meme as saying Urobuchi is bad.

Tenga will die. But his soul will choose to go back in time, the time when he was happiest, and he will be at season 1 first episode. Nico who loves Tenga wants to be with him too and wants to be in a time when Tenga'd love her, but since he already loves Chidori she'll go back in time before Tenga is born, and become his mother.

I don't know how Okada can write something as good as Hanasaku but then go on to make something like Kiznaiver

The same way she wrote something as bad as IBO and Mayoiga.

Ore Monogatari and Say I Love You really do nothing better than this. They are standard shoujoshit with poorly directed adaptations.
Hibike is indeed better, but Kiznaiver is still great. Both have beautiful direction and visuals and far better characterization than 90% of anime

It excels in everything except writing. It would probably have the best visuals this season if not for Kabaneri. I'm enjoying it, but it is far from the best show this season due to the poor writing. Maybe, just maybe, if it aired during summer or winter it would be in the competition, but not with so many other good anime. Trigger needs to pull together some good writing staff if they want to stand above the other studios. They should have swapped writers with Luluco.

It's obviously not "basic" when the vast majority of anime doesn't do it

You aren't really communicating any concrete criticism, you just keep implying that it's somehow bad for a show to be consistently well directed

I kinda like it but I don't visit the threads for it, nor make any.

Characters that have their personalities based on human emotion. A premise that balances super natural and suspense of disbelief ("We got kidnapped and had crzy surgery done on us, so we'll kind of just act like we're on a funny school trip because the kuudere blue haired girl said it's a challenge" is fucking stupid) The characters have to speak to each other in a way that's believable for people, and their development needs to be the result the culmination of their learning experiences. The story should have something resembling pacing and direction with how it reveals the grander plot and leads up to its resolution. As it stands now, the story has no direction or cohesive ideas behind it outside of a generic shadow organization pulling strings and them repeating "share your bonds" over and over again, and like all Okada shows, the dialog and interactions are 100% inhuman. You can't just make everything as overblown as possible and then call it entertaining.

>Okada's writing is objectively good though.
You're objectively retarded. I'm serious, her writing assumes the audience is retarded, lacks any nuance or any clever dialog, and her plots are the same two or three ideas over and over again with a coat of tears and loud crying.

>writing assumes the audience is retarded, lacks any nuance or any clever dialog
All anime is like that bro.

>It excels in everything except writing. It would probably have the best visuals this season if not for Kabaneri.
Watch more anime, you stupid piece of shit.

>It's obviously not "basic" when the vast majority of anime doesn't do it
You can find good shots in a number of shows any season.

>You aren't really communicating any concrete criticism, you just keep implying that it's somehow bad for a show to be consistently well directed
No, consistently well directed would be if it was constantly exciting and interesting. It has one style it uses, and then uses it for still frames, and that's it. It's stilted and devoid of growth, much like the characters in Kiznaiver.

Kiznaiver passes all of those requirements for "objectively good writing", user

>I think all anime is "moeshit" or cool actionshit that Imaishi directs
Stop posting.

It does not pass a single one of them, but thanks for the attempted shitpost.

You are actually delusional if you think Kiznaiver isn't the best looking show this season, I'm sorry user.

>No, consistently well directed would be if it was constantly exciting and interesting
which it is.

Because its fucking trash

Whatever you say, user.

>which it is.
Sorry, Don't Lose your Way starting up while someone delivers a finish blow followed by a wide angle shot of the attacker in the foreground with the camera looking slightly up at them in a freeze frame lost it's shine after the first three times, then it became repetitive and boring. If that's all it takes to fool you into thinking it's got good directing, then enjoy it.

>some guy claims that objective standards of quality in entertainment exist
>he's completely unable to demonstrate and prove that said standards are objective, and not in fact his subjective opinion
every time

this show honestly has nothing going for it

if they were going to air this, they should have done it this season and luluco should have aired next season

luluco destroys it in all aspects

>I never took Literature in college
>And in high school I was busy fapping to furry porn, so I don't actually know what people look for in writing, so I'll pretend standards don't exist
Every time.

show these fucks devila coming out of the fountain, that'll show em where the animation is this season

man, i saw both of these episodes when they aired but these really are some great scenes. BONES handles this kind of high speed moment really well