Animeonly watcher here

Animeonly watcher here.

Why do you guys insist on using the english names? Doesn't it bother you when you hear the characters name but the subs read something else?

>>Why do you guys insist on using the english names?
We don't.

Really?

This is Sup Forums, Sup Forums is that way

>Why do you guys insist on using the english names?

because that's what I'm used to and I don't know what the fuck the character's japanese names are.

>We don't
Herkz is against the Japanese names. He's publicly made fun of those whining against the localized names many times.
He also happens to be one of the biggest names in the industry, so I ask you: who the fuck even are you? You're nobody.

>Doesn't it bother you when you hear the characters name but the subs read something else?
yes, it bothers me when I read the characters name and expect something else

>Kissmanga
Fuck off.

>Herkz mattering
>fansubbing being an "industry"
You, too.

just download the other version you fucking idiot

>download
Look at the upper left.

shut up and eat your burger apollo

>herkz
Literally who.

This is a finely-crafted bait thread

Because the Japanese names just ain't Wright.

>Herkz
>Sup Forums

>kissanime
>streaming
>animeonly

Lurk for 2 years before posting.

It only bothers secondaries. Real fans have accepted AA as it is long ago.

Who the fuck is Itonoko?

If you're gonna stream you better do it the right way.

Drop dead, newfag. Take your ignorance somewhere else.

Top weeb here.

It's because we played the game a couple of years after you were born and we're used to them.

Detective Suedeshoe.

I don't know why some of you make these specific threads. There's like 15 posters and 25 posts as a sort of high each time, with no one really entering to actually reply. After 4 eps at most, other series will have a lot of the same posters anyway, so there's no "old surprises". The impact is like posting in Sup Forums to whine about Sup Forums, and this isn't exaggerating.

It bothers me more when I see a guy I've known as Phoenix Wright for the past decade being called another name.

This, it's not very complex. Unless you know how to read japanese there's never been a chance to experience the original japanese names through the games. Naturally Sup Forumsutists who played them beforehand prefer the localized ones, especially if they're very attached to the series, which isn't difficult since the Ace Attorney series is the bomb.

Fuck off, Herkz

No one should expect me learning whole cast's Japanese names if I have seen them all in english for years.

The english names are stupid.

Doesn't it bother you to hear japanese words when the subs are english?

We don't, but after a million people jokingly complained about it during the first week, HorribleSubs decided to use the English names from then on.
By the way, stop watching the anime and go play the entire series right fucking now.

you might wanna get that man's dick out of your mouth before you try posting.

Who?

Doesn't only funi/HS do that? I mean, in this specific case it doesn't bother me (a first for me, honestly), but you can choose other subs.

> Doesn't it bother you when you hear the characters name but the subs read something else?

If hearing something other than the subtitle bothered me, I wouldn't be able to watch subbed anime at all.

go play the games and drop this garbage adaptation, dumbass

>Doesn't it bother you when you hear the characters name but the subs read something else?
Then how do you react when one character addresses another by their name (typical in Japanese) but the subs simply translate it as "you"?

She is part of the darkness now. She doesnt need the light!

That's different

don't hit the camera, man

>anime only
in this case there is no other alternative other than the actual fucking game

>"Why do you guys..."
>"not you guys don't matter, I'm actually talking about this literal who, please shut up"

Dumb anime-only fag
Manfred von Karma killed Edgeworth's dad over getting a penalty.

Imagine watching something like pokemon origins and having all the pokemon names and move names keep their un-localized form. It would be immensely confusing to all the fans. And really, video game adaptations, especially very popular ones, are for the fans. And when it's popular over seas expect a translation that matches the fans expectations.

>Imagine watching something like pokemon origins and having all the pokemon names and move names keep their un-localized form.
So as originally intended? That's exactly how you're supposed to watch it.

You're not arguing against any of my points so why bother responding? "As originally intended" doesn't dismiss my point, you're just ignoring it.

But tell me, are we talking about fans of Pokemon or Pocket Monsters?

Because the english names are better and the puns are better

not particularly

>Crunchy has multiple tracks
>Horrible only rips one
Why are the allowed to get away with this? It's pure laziness.

Am i the only one that thinks the anime is fucking awfull?

yeap

you are aware that you made this thread on Sup Forums and not Sup Forums or Sup Forums, right?

>I speak for all of Sup Forums

The fansub is doing exactly that though. He's translating Pocket Monsters with Satoshi as the MC and Gekkouga as one of his pokemon.

He speaks for most of it. Only Sup Forums would care about the video game names that much.

I played the games and I don't really want the game names in the anime until they dub it. It does bother me when the names don't match.

As far as I can tell most of the people in these threads have played the games already
hell the series is only good for the fanservice it provides as it is, I can't imagine too many people unfamiliar with the series beforehand actually still watching this. You get the odd person like OP but he's already proven that he's a dumbfuck

only Sup Forums would even give a shit about this series, it's an anime adaptation of a video game

I mean, if you actually knew what you were talking about you'd know that most people in the threads here aren't too bothered about it either way
why this thread even got as many replies as it did is beyond me

>most people in the threads here aren't too bothered about it either way
Which is what I said.