Watched redline yesterday for the first time and feel like nothing can top it. Made me lose interest in anime...

Watched redline yesterday for the first time and feel like nothing can top it. Made me lose interest in anime. I've started 3 different series and dropped the within 5-10 minutes because they looked boring in comparison.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=doEwWzMz99A
a.pomf.cat/wdpssg.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

epic blog retard

watch more anime and don't come back until you have 300 completed minimum

ok

What's the point of this thread?

7 years hand drawn?

I feel the same way after watching Saint Seiya and Fist of the North Star. Something about those two just fill the void in my anime heart.

7 YEARS!!!

I was surprised at it too. I didn't expect it to be as weird as it was.

Nice blog. And by that I mean fuck off.

Watch Space Dandy and Shingeki no Bahamut

It was solid 7. Nothing special but nice to look at.

Literally talent wasted on an anime with shitty plot and no message, nothing would be wasted if you didn't watch it, it' sjust kino

>no message

Didnt you see the ending? The message was that love overcomes everything and wins every time

So what made it so appealing in your opinion?

Friendly reminder,
>Yellow Line >>> Red Line.

You really can't prove me wrong, though.

It's called atmosphere ADHD-tard.

But your completely right user.

Even the soundtrack for the Yellow Line race is better than the Redline one.

youtube.com/watch?v=doEwWzMz99A

>no message

Who cares about message? Are you 12 or something.

Not him but
>who cares about what it means as long as it's fun xD
is exactly the mindset of a 12 year old.

No it's a mindset of an adult that doesn't care what others think.

>I'm a real man and I'll wear what ever hat I want, I think it looks good!

You're an enormous fuckboy.

My friend had the same complaint.
Anime can't just be fun to look at and listen to, there has to be some deep meaning to everything.

When you grow up you'll know what I'm talking about.

It was shit because the romantic sub plot was half-assed. Came off extremely corny.

Not him but
>caring about messages in a fucking chinese cartoon

I find it hard to believe when you lot love those "comfy" shows where nothing happens actually care about messages

Reminder that I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU

red line was indeed pretty dissappointing

If you're looking for deep and thought-provoking messages then anime is the wrong medium.

>Caring about stuff is childish!

Is nothing holy anymore?
Can't we even have standards for our media without being called pretentious or childish?
Guess not, who cares it's just dumb entertainment! xD

The movie was about racing, the romance was just a subplot

>xD

Stop this shit, it isn't helping your argument, even if you're being ironic.

I didn't say that it is retard.

Sometimes it seems to me that most anime community is like that.
Nothing wrong with some good 2deep4u anime but that's not all that matters to the medium.

>I didn't say that it is retard.

I'm not the one looking for deep messages in chinese girl cartoons.

which is why the ending felt so rushed, like the animators just gave up there got someone else to add in the hearts and ending.

I never said there's anything wrong with enjoying DEEP shit my autist friend.

They didnt gave up shit retard, the romance was not as important as the racing

Seriously you are a cuckface

Are you a woman.

You're a faggot.

It's expected for movies to have higher quality than TV series.

The romance was fine for what it was. The movie never really took itself very seriously and the cheesy feel good ending is proof of that.

And the romance in this movie is better than the romance in all those shitty LN adaptations.

Sort of, but thinking that a message is absolutely necessary is the mindset of a shallow fool

All style, no substance. You'll forget about it later.

>never really took itself very seriously and the cheesy feel good ending is proof of that.

Doesn't excuse the shitty execution of a sub-plot they was meant to actually have gravitas, which the film definitely does attempt to have at times. Are you really trying to deny it does? Being a less rough form of shit doesn't bring back the screen time it ate up.

>All style, no substance.

welcome to anime! enjoy your stay

>gravitas

Hello TAS.

wasnt 30 minimum

When something has this much style lack of substance doesn't matter.
If I want to experience a really compelling story I don't look for it from anime first.

>All style, no substance.

You mean like 95% of anime these days? I'd rather watch Redline than garbage like Rakukdai, Hundred, Asterisk, or whatever copy and paste battle harem that comes out every new season.

>only 2 harems this season
>about 10+ generic moe/yuri shows
>complains about harems instead of moeshit

I wonder who is behind this post

Lurk for at least two years neophyte

moeshit is just as bad if not worse.

I wonder why no one complains about it like they do bout harems though

If you attack battle harems then you'll get a 50/50 response. Some will agree with you, while others will defend their self insert story to the death. With moeshit, if you criticize it then you get a bunch of waifufag neckbeards getting butthurt and attacking you.

I love it when people who haven't seen anything more recent than Cowboy Bebop whine about modern anime without knowing anything about it.

>self-insert
Westerners are psychotically obsessed with self-insertion and project that obsession onto the Japanese.

That's an awfully big assumption your making. Some of my favorite anime have been fairly recent.

Baccano!,Space Dandy, Mushishi, Shingeki no Bahamut, Dimension W.

I just dislike the endless LN adaptations that are all the same. Not all LN's are bad though, take Baccano! for example. It's an interesting story with fun characters that doesn't involve a "weak" protagonist who attracts every female that comes in contact with him.

>That's an awfully big assumption your making.
It's just how these things normally go. At best people have seen a couple of particularly popular shows like AoT.

>I just dislike the endless LN adaptations that are all the same.
LN adaptations are a meme.

To add to that, AniDB recorded more original anime in 2013-2015 than LN adaptations. Manga adaptations are also more numerous than LN adaptations.

Meme.

LN adaptations are definitely not as numerous as some make them out to be but how many can you in good conscience name to be good?

>moving the goalposts

Just stop

Netoge, Re:Zero, KonoSuba, Gate, Grimgar, Shomin Sample, Owarimonogatari, Overlord, Danmachi, Yahari and SaeKano have ranged from ok to very good. And there's a few others but I'm not sure if they're light novels or just regular novels. Shimoneta also seemed to be popular with people though I didn't finish it.

I've you've seen those shows or know what they're like then you also know that they aren't all the same.

To clarify I wasn't the user who accused all LNs of being the same.
And I agree with some of those being at least watchable.

Baccano is from 2007, Mushishi's first season started airing over a decade ago.
That's not exactly recent, user.

Dimension W was complete trash you dip

I meant fairly recent as in the past decade or so. The user I responded to made it seem that I'm one of those people that watched 90's/early 2000's anime and consider those shows better than everything that has come out since then.

Redline is the most FRESHâ„¢ movie of all time.

a.pomf.cat/wdpssg.webm

Sup Forums the thread.

Is this the dub ? What the fuck is the little cry at the end ?

Redline rocks, such an unforgettable experience. I rewatched it recently and it was just as good as I'd remembered.

>Sup Forums the thread.

Flying Witch is making it difficult for me to enjoy other SoL shows with trope characters overreacting to social situations.

>trope character
There is no such thing, meme-kun.

That's funny cause some of its slice of life predecessors were so good that now I can't enjoy Flying Witch.

Really? I think it is the worst Sol of the season, I don't look forward to watching it and when it downloads I don't watch it for two days.
Tanaka-kun is pretty my favorite followe by Kuma Miko and Sansha Sanyou .

SEVEN HAND DRAWN YEARS

Loved it as well. The story wasn't anything special, but it didn't have to be; it was a technical masterpiece.

>if it's not "I want to ____ waifu" threads it's [board I don't like]

Here is some attention

Sup Forums the post.

Shit movie aside from the animation. No wonder Koike got fired.

>Cant read
>Call other people underage

Funny

Good, now go watch Trava Planet Fist, a spinoff with Trava and his red lobster companion from Redline.

Also, Dead Leaves is also visually impressive.

I wish madhouse could reunite all the talent involved and deliver a prequel
setting should be Freesbee doing shady deals and JP running wacky races, no shitty romance nor military crap whatsoever
only racing and yakuzas, thats it

Sup Forums the post.

Here is a little bit more attention

Sup Forums the post.

>Showing Crab Tits casually
>But not for Boi Boi & Bos Bos Tits
W H Y
H
Y

Nah more like 100-150

Redline was only shit because they didn't get to give all the other characters their opening races like they wanted to.
Everyone would have gotten a Colorline race, which would have made the Redline awesome.
But they didn't because it would have been awful pacing, and taken too long.

>>B-B-BUT CRAPPY DRAWN SCHOOL GIRL PANTY SHOTS, AND CUTE ANGRY FACES, AND KEKED MALES

Most anime is shit for shit people. If we had more people that demanded higher quality anime, we wouldn't have the shit that we have now.

Remember, every industry will produce the shittiest cheapest thing they can. It's up to us to demand better. But right now, most are doing the opposite.

A little more

An anime is only worth watching if it produces a lot of memes.
Redline failed the ultimate test, it didnt make people make memes out of it.

Sup Forums the post.

A pinch.

Sup Forums the post.

A dash of (You)

Sup Forums the post.

A little sprinkle.