Have you ever rewatched/read something you enjoyed when you were younger...

Have you ever rewatched/read something you enjoyed when you were younger, just to realize how fucking awful it really was?

Yes, One piss of shit

I still like every anime I saw during my teen years. Except for one called "Dears" or something like that, what a shit series it was.

Yes, Dragon Ball.
Graphics is great, but story is just "what?"

Mirai Nikki

G Gundam

I don't get why so much people like it.
Yeah, everybody has the right to like whatever they want, but I tried to read the manga and is just shit, the characters are shit, the plot is shit... the only good thing about Mirai Nikki is Yuno's tits.

Kinda with dick jokes the anime.
When season 2 came out and I was a bit older I felt dumb for thinking this shit was funny.

>why don't i like the anime meant for teenagers which i watched when I was a teenager anymore?

ma, someone turned up the autism knob again

But Death Note is still one of the better series out there. Oh, you're just baiting? Well ain't that funny.

yes, saint seiya.
death note ain't bad.

I'm pretty sure that's the attitude most people here have towards any shonen manga they read when they were younger.

One Piece is great, and it's not trying to be something new and edgy. It does the traditional formula really well and has such a warm, adventurous spirit that it's hard not to love it. I recommend the coloured manga for the best experience.
The first season of Death Note is good.

The whole last third of the series is pretty bad user, Light just sitting at headquarters not doing much of anything, getting fucked repeatedly by some 10 year old. And the climactic 'twist' that outplays Light happening off screen makes the whole finale fall completely flat

I also hate how near every side character is written like a moron in order the juxtapose against L and Light in order to make them feel more clever than they really are.

Also fuck Near and whoever thought he was a good idea

It's not. It has nice animation but Light is not a good protagonist. I'm ok with him saying bullshit as Kira but when he began to believe his own words of being the god of the new word his development as character was done and that was in episode 2.
L became the only interesting thing after that but he died before the anime was over and the last arc was poorly executed, too many uninteresting characters. The end was good but how Light was defeated was a complete asspull because it was necessary to end there.

>I also hate how near every side character is written like a moron in order the juxtapose against L and Light in order to make them feel more clever than they really are.

Sooo Matsuda?

I'm actually downloading this now and re-watching it

I'll let you know tomorrow

>Matsuda

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here

Matsuda was fine, he was supposed to be the naive noob of the group. Everyone else though....

Fiction for teens/young adults isn't supposed to lose all merit and pretense of decent story telling the second you grow up user

That's called bad writing

This

One piece, bleach, naruto, black lagoon, rurouni kenshin, etc. Practically all shounen and shitty action.

attack on titan :(

Death Note is still a 7+ series

That shit is not even old