It's a "I was reincarnated into a fantasy world that runs on video game mechanics" series

>it's a "I was reincarnated into a fantasy world that runs on video game mechanics" series
Really? Fucking dropped.

If people can see it from a thumbnail, how can you not see it in the full image?

>RPG world has a retarded leveling progression with a ridiculous number of skills/abilities so its really easy to find an overpowered combination of them.

A lot of the stories leave much to be desired, but I read them all anyway.

Mushoku Tensei was probably the worst because of how disgusting the MC was, while Slime, New Gate and World Customize were alright because of how different the MCs situations and attitudes toward their predicament are. Wish they'd update faster though.

I read it out of pity for the self-inserted loser the author is

fucking picked up you mean.

>There are MCs reincarnated into fantasy worlds that aren't shunned, scammed, betrayed, and accused of being a rape criminal within the first few days.

What a nice life those shitters must have.

>disgusting.jpg

>You will never get revenge on a conniving, evil-doing bitch so hard she literally gets raped in knife wounds until she dies

>There are MCs reincarnated into fantasy worlds that have awesome powers to overpower their enemies

>Time travel, even when uncontrollable to some extent
>not an awesome power that can be used to overcome your enemies

Why is naofumi such a best?
>living the ideal college life before being transported
>Guaranteed job via one of his online game contacts
>Specifically picked by the shield for having all the ideal traits a hero should have
>pays evil onto evil
>ESP abillty to be loved by animals (and to an extent, demihumans)
>Another ESP ability that renders him Immune to any form of intoxication or disorientation produced by disruption of his ear canals
>Resourceful as fuck, making the most use of whatever he has, even though he starts out with little post-betrayal.
>Best cook, jokingly regarded as the hero of the pot lid instead of the shield hero.
>Best dad, for raising and nuturing a loyal as fuck legion of demihuman loli slaves that love him too
>Doesn't abuse his slaves, even at the lowest point of his life

>time travel
>not an awesome power that can be used to search for your birb waifu without regard of many fucked timelines and dead racoons you leave at your wake

>shield
>overpowering anything ever
There's many times naofumi gets his ass kicked because of only being able to defend m8. But i give you that Subaru's suffering is various orders of magnitude greater than his. Raphtalia's suffering in the Spearhero sidestory is nearly the same as Subaru's though

>Immune to any form of intoxication or disorientation produced by disruption of his ear canals

I was gonna call this bullshit, but it's actually a really great power. I have severe motion sickness problems that prevent me from playing certain games, especially FPS games with framerate issues and janky animations. Sitting in the backseat of a car for prolongued periods of time is a nightmare for me (no issues with driving though). I'd love to have this power.

What if the video game mechanics of the world you're transported to is that of an old Sierra/LucasArts adventure game?

This is why he doesn't have any motion sickness or anything when riding anything. It is also an excellent counter against gravity-based attacks.
Itsuki's world has ESP/PSI users, itsuki being also a ESPer too. His Ability [Accuracy] is a low-ranked ability that makes things easier to hit when he's focused, [100% hit] is the evolved version that makes attacks hit no matter what. Itsuki theorized that Naofui could be an ESP too, but naofumi dismissed it as something ridiculous

Does it include morality meter?

>He can't kill his enemies by simply bumping into them
How does it feel to be useless?

>mangafox

There's also that girl in Rokka who needs only to scratch someone to drain them of their blood whenever she wished. It's like gaebolg in whip form.

He should just rape aeveryone or at least try one of his loops. Then get raped by bigclowndick in the next one

Where the hell is my orc/bard/drow/white mage protagonist

I want to fuck a spider.

He uh, snaps in one loop. Gets tortured in about two.

I've wanted to fuck a spider for years now

Best logic. More time travel protagonists need to be scummy in some way.

What happens to him in the end anyway?

Wait, the Kumoko manga chapters finally got translated?

He dies.

To be fair a lot of JRPGs work this way to begin with.

Nips cannot into game balancing.

Which non-online JRPG would have the most broken combinations?

Let's play bingo

take the "reincarnated into fantasy" series you are reading and put it to the test

>translation spell is cast to help MC
This is falling out of favor though.
Nowadays the other world just speaks not-Japanese.

Disgaea?

>Copper is the smallest denomination
>It's enough for 2 meals

Man how hard can it be to have some basic understanding on the use of money?

I take it back next page clarifies it but it's not a rare mistake in games or fantasy settings.

See you next week.

Replace it with something about Demon Lords.

Shieldbro and holy maiden had either the legendary weapons and the transport ritual spell as a translator, but they couldn't read the language.

Sweet

She's not really the neet reincarnated as a spider. She's a random spider that was hanging around the neet's chamber. That ended up with the dead neet's memories during the catastrophe that sent it into that new world.

How do deliberate trope subversions count? Like setting up "evil church" for a few chapters but it was actually evil guild master manipulating the mc to attack good church?

I wouldn't say it's a mistake so much as a misguided desire on the game designers part to be more "historical". A situation like the one described is quite possible in an earlier economy where the use of money wasn't as ubiquitous.

The problem is that if you're making a game, going that direction is an unnecessary complication. Also, it's usually a direct contradiction to other aspects of a game's money system. To use that same page as an example, each unit of currency perfectly converts to 10 units of another, and even more damning is that currency is the same no matter where you go. So any pretensions about historical realism have already been shot far out the window.

>not wanting to watch a cute spider level up
why do you even live?

Does that make any difference? Something something theseus ship, smething something acts like a duck etc.
I did not read this yet.

It's used to explain the MC being a massively unreliable narrator when it comes to "her" previous life.

Usually they never handle the money thing right. Either they have the prices set down so you have an idea of how much is getting tossed around or it just gets ignored. Death March is the worst with this since the MC has nigh infinite money he looted at the start for every kingdom and they only talk about one nations currency, don't even mention it when they get to the Elves territory, and then casually have him running like eight different businesses on the side and handing his girls cash then never going over the cost of things even though they did it in the first place.

Is he ever going to impregnate his harem or...

Is the the undercover LN thread? Does Sevens ever, I don't know, get better? It's not terrible just..

>is this the undercover LN thread?
It might as well be

>Levels go past 999

No sense of propriety, this manga.

>undercover isekai thread
FTFY.
You don't see anyone talking about SAO or Index here, do you?

Alright Sup Forums, if you were reincarnated into a game-like fantasy world, what kind of cheat skill would you choose?
The catch is that you end up in a party with the other anons in this thread.

He ends up in an infinite recursion of murder and counter-murder with his daughter until they both get sick of the whole thing and just quit.

Kill myself because it's a trash genre with only a couple stories out of thousands being any good.

Because you don't realize he's just as much of an ass as everyone else in the story.

Immortality. I can learn all sorts of different skills over time, but dying is quite the problem since there's no save and load option.

Depends on system used.
Full universal translation can accidentally become the most OP thing ever if it's the only way to understand and eventually make new spell incantations for example.

>10 copper coins are worth a single silver coin and 10 silver coins are worth 1 gold coin
>it's a decimalized currency system in a medieval setting

Or to access high-tier magic

You know what really rustles my jimmies?
Horse drawn carriages. Every story just has to have them for that medieval flavor even if the setting provides plenty of faster travel methods.
Some settings have adventurers become so physically strong they can easily outrun horses but they use them anyways for whatever goddamn reason.

That happened in Lazy dungeon master. He's mostly held in check via being a lazy shit but immediately realizes how bullshit it is when the auto translate works on magic spells.
Maybe the horses have levels?

Reminds me of Gold Digger.

The genius scientist MC studied the language of magic, much of her life.
Eventually she learns to decipher it allowing her to, for instance, write lines on a piece of paper and take control of magic-enhanced people. In the future she's an overpowered supergod.

The ability to use barriers sound like a neat skill to have. I could see it being used in a lot of situations but not being as OP.

Pretty sure horses have levels

The adventurers may be faster than horse but John Everyman wouldn't be, and an adventurer isn't going to make a living pulling rickshaws for John Everyman. So beasts of burden it is.

What really rustles my jimmies is the concept of adventurers, effectively a poorly regulated cross between a vigilante militia and a volunteer fire department that nevertheless somehow outstrips the professional uniformed services at everything.

Adventurer guilds are usually incredibly well-regulated and bureaucratized compared to everything else in the setting which is even stupider though.

A perfect world.

I'm gonna be completely cheeky here.

I ask for a second body modeled after my waifu, so that I can control both bodies simultaneously.

Do not underestimate a perfect form of communication.

Yeah they're usually regulated. Some of them collude with the kingdom or state for stuff. the adventurer's guild in the kingdom that the shieldbro was summoned to never reached out to him or gave him any jobs.

>you'll never end up in a party with yume
ffs

Don't forget toilet cleaning. There's no better way to crush all hopes and dreams of young country retard than make his first task toilet cleaning.

Ironically, the concept is less weird in more comedic stories when there are guilds established by genre-savvy world travellers.
>wait, what do you mean there are no adventurer guilds? I'm in a fantasy world, there must be adventurer guild. Fuck it, I'm just gonna make my own.
t. world traveller 200-500 years before mc.

>hurr durr the knights take too long to get here from the capital that's why we need adventurers

I'll take alchemy. Just the good old regular kind, changing shit into gold. Nothing fancy. I'd laze about with my infinite money all day.

It could make sense if there's an overabundance of demand, like the place recently got swamped with fucking monsters, and it's mainly used as an unreliable cheap-ass service from where the actual professional occasionally scouts some talent.

What really bothers me in most settings is how other professions outside of being an "adventurer" work in a vaguely sensible ye olde medieval way with people apprenticing and training under professionals to gain the necessary skills but somehow all of this is thrown out the window for the adventuring (aka monster extermination and spelunking) and the expectation seems to be for random young 'uns to just form their own parties and learn on the fly by themselves.

Occasionally there will be a smarter veteran who points out that it's probably a good idea for a bunch of noobs to team up with an experienced adventurer first to learn the ropes but it doesn't happen often enough.

>incredibly well-regulated and bureaucratized
The majority of the time, joining basically amounts to walking in, filling out a form, and "Congratulations, you are now a F rank adventurer, here is your magical adventurer card which has magical dynamic functions not found in any other card used for any other purpose". No interviews, no criminal records checks, no health checks, nothing to stop anyone who would be unsuitable from signing up.

The most 'bureaucracy' there is is the rank of odd jobs you can take on, a very poor way of ensuring adventurers have the necessary skills to take on a job (does being able to kill goblins at F rank also mean you are any good at fixing a hole in someone's roof?). And you bet the jobs at the bottom will either be a free for all for unqualified shysters looking for a quick buck for a slapdash job, or languish on the board for weeks with nobody wanting to take on a boring job with low returns for time spent until you give up and hire a professional instead.

The system makes a lot more sense if the guild authority assigns jobs and matches a job to an adventurer's resumé instead of going on a purely volunteer 'if anyone feels like it' basis, and does even the most basic of applicant screening.

Any setting with that kind of alchemy wouldn't value gold as currency. Or at least value gold anywhere near as highly as in our world.

Most settings would use the "silver" coin for trades and shopping.

They are basically mercenaries, there's no school that teaches how to become a mercenary

Maybe user's alchemy is specifically a one-of-a-kind cheat skill.

I was hoping it'd be a one off since he was handing out cheat skills.

punch people Into doors

>They are basically mercenaries, there's no school that teaches how to become a mercenary
Is this bait?

>adventurers' guild is just a glorified jobs agency and doesn't actually operate like a medieval guild

If you're setting up for some point about national militaries I'm gonna punch myself in the dick so hard you'll feel it.

One wonders why adventurer cards are even limited to the adventurer's guild alone and not just used as a catch-all citizen ID/resume by everyone.

Apprenticeship is less about schools and more about businesses taking the trouble to train new recruits to add to their workforce.

Arifureta has that kind of card

Arifureta is also built on a foundation that can only be described as a solid bed of asspulls.

>mangafox
>greentext thread
Quality combination. Kill yourself.

It's also about controlling the workforce. I mean fucking knights had squires doing their menial shit.

Nah, Itsuki's ability is 100% accuracy aiming skill, highest skill is fucking homing missile kind of accuracy.

>Gold Digger
My brother of African descent

I though this thread was going to be about our goddess, I'm sad now.

Reincarnation assurance every time I die, with some kind of skill/memory retention, but not my personality.

Promptly get my self killed so that I can reincarnate as someone else, hopefully far away from anons. My reincarnations will eventually reach god level while still having to grow up as their own people, albeit with a instantly reachable deposit of knowledge and learning available to them. They would still need to train and study like everyone else. Their only special power would be 'The possibility of learning anything that the previous incarnations knew'.

And they wouldn't be my current version of me. Just as good, because I have horrible coping skills and would be a horrible choice as a protagonist character unless the writer wants to depress the readers. Self Inserts are horrible.

Well no shit, like 99% of mercenaries past and present started their career off training and serving in a national military first.

Itsuki himself says that he has the low ranked version. Else his arrows would have hit naofumi when they were escaping him, ren, motoyasu and the bitc, even when he caught one arrow it would have still hit..

Shiro is a shit goddess, would rather serve Anri-sama.

Yeah, serves the reason why the world went to shit and die with it, great plan.