Build a STR base character

>build a STR base character
>make it a ranger

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NyPuUlnlqbo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck off "gamer"

Well, you are talking bout a party which has the healer in the front line. So yeah.

Because a bow requires strength to use.

Yeah they're pretty fucking stupid. I'd understand if Manato was a Cleric wielding a Mace and a shield.

If it's a setting or game that follow similar rules to reality, or at least the same TREND you actually have to be pretty powerful to span a bow that's worth a damn.

Yeah, you might have eye hand coordination with something meant to hunt squirrels or birds, but the guy with tree trunk arms pulling the warbow also probably shoots about that well, or if he doesn't quite shoot that well, it doesn't matter because HIS bow doesn't need to go in someone's eye.

Although, he probably can because traditionally, a lot of people who can use "Grown Ass Man" bows intended for war and hunting big game are really, really good shots.

A more aristocratic version will be like Robin Hood, and be handy with a sword. The more Yeoman/Everyman sort will be like Little John, and will still kick peoples asses, he will just use a 6 foot stick as big around as your wrists to do it.

Finally you have the "Middle Earth" Ranger type, which will be pretty brawny too, actually. Along with being generally athletic, and wise, and intelligent, and experienced, and look good at 80. Aragorn is a beast. The other lesser, Rangers are probably pretty boss too, and going by the example of Faramir's loyal men harrying Mordor, even relatively normal picked men from Gondor, never mind "actual Numenorians and their retainers who fucked off Innawoods and hang out with elves are too.

Well, you need some good strength to draw a powerful bow. Though it's not so much as other boards would want to tell you. No, longbow archers weren't some superhuman mutants with bulging muscles and crippled spines that could tear a french knight in two with their bare hands.

>Making a ranger
Why?
Any ninja will have better stealth than you detection desu.

Basic physics
F = ma
W = Fd
P = W/dt

work is directly proportional to the arrow strength and distance.

Iron grip, voltaxic, lightning arrow.

Boom.

Please tell me you don't actually believe skinny dudes can be archers

classic D&D had accuracy based on STR
high STR would make a melee ranger hit more often and harder (though dual wielding had a fairly high dex requirement iirc)

The skeletal structure of bowmen in the middle ages ended up being fucked up and broken, drawing a longbow a couple hundred times per day not only requires a great deal of strenght but also takes an enormous toll on your ligaments

Yeah as if you need iron grip for that build. Better example is the lioneyes block archer

Yume is kill.

>Healer: "me tanker"

Because archers need mad upper body strength you stupid nigger

Iron Grip motherfucker

Yume is my YUME!

Any which stat exactly should an archer invest in? Accuracy isn't a stat.

DEX-AGI

It's usually somewhere in AGI or DEX.

what´s wrong with healer in front line? ever heard of tank bishop?

youtube.com/watch?v=NyPuUlnlqbo

>Agility
I'm pretty sure we're talking tg here

>iron grip
>not going deadeye, drillneck and pierce

how about 100% uptime fortify duelist with lioneye's fall jewels

Nothing is wrong with it he's just autistic

why is she sitting like that?

If you want a good longbowman, start with his grandfather. A bow takes a fuckton of strength to be efficient with.

>champion

Literally braindead.

>crit lightning arrow voltaxic pure chaos 50000dps+
>not braindead 1shot anything

Some people just wanna be Hawkeye Gough.

Airing out the ol cooter
She was the group slut after all

Real men play lightning warp mines.

Real man play twin knife cyclone cast on crit blade vortex, bladefall and ethereal knives

When will the next volume out? I need my mindbroken hal.

archers is the only time going champion is worth it, it's a pretty shitty ascendancy. Still prefer marauder though, that juggernaut is crazy with armour this OP, and zerker is just silly with anything that double dips

My dad works for king Arthur and I heard they usually sent just one longbowman when they wanted to take a french castle, and he'd just pull the castle gate off it's hinges and stroll in.

Can agree...

Seems to be the case.

This is bullshit, nobody wants to be Hawk Eye.

Hawkeye*

Autocorrect, what the fuck are you doing?

Strength scaling bow
Skills that benefit from strength

Actually, archer was always a strength archetype with it being the main stat
You're full of shit

>juggernaut has +1000 accuracy rating

a BEAST

still i think the most broken ones are the gladiator, deadeye, and assassin

>stat scaling bow
And archer has always been dex for balance purposes. Fighters are ridiculous enough as is. You can't make someone the king of melee damage, defenses, and range. That's just silly.

You don't aim with STR. You also can't put more strength into a shot, power draw doesn't exist.

dependin on the setting, spells can very well go beyond bullshit powers

like 360* magic shield blocking all attacks. what now fighter?

dex only characters are useless tho, no qualities

I'm not sure about Gladiator, since ascendancies are so big but the block can be achieved otherwise. At a heavy investment of course, but it should fall off a bit. Definitely one of the craziest when working with a budget, and I haven't tried it out enough to say whether it falls off much.

Assassin is fucking stupid good, no idea what they were thinking. Ranger ascendancies seem kind of meh. I mean they're good, but they're just a cherry on top of something already solid. Strong, but just boosting clear speed/utility.

>he doesn't know about composite longbows with mighty

Yeah, didn't count mages since usually magic just wipes the floor with everything else after a certain point. Still, it'd fuck up build diversity something fierce. Would only leave fighter, magic man and smooth talking asshole.

>Not making a STR based Ranger

Aragorn called, you're a faggot

>And archer has always been dex for balance purposes
more like archers have always been dex because gary gygax didn't know how archery worked and it stuck

That's actually probable, but it's a useful mistake.

>choose a ranger class
>rather melee 99% of the time

gladiator has a 100% block chance applied to spells keystone that's absolutely gamebreaking. you can make builds completely immune to anything in the game

deadeye grants you infinite crit chance, damage and free pierce too

>Aragorn
>strength based
Lurtz called, you fight like a woman

D&D stats are shit at reflecting real life, but are an useful abstraction and serve a balancing purpose.

Those that scream that you don't need DEX to hit things with a bow are a new inventions, usually fat contrarians knowing nothing about archery.

you need strength and dexterity for any weapon in varying proportions

Holy shit, is this for real?

She is the second strongest in the party, what the fuck is she doing with a bow?

You don't need dex for anything except maybe speed shooting, you need experience. As long as you're not michael J fox you'll shoot fine with training, and being able to do a sick guitar solo won't help you aim any.

Not everyone plays softcore or has 5ex spare change sitting around.

Lurtz, now that was an OC I could get behind

Big beefy muscles won't help you hit a thing, senpai. Aiming, holding your arms in the direction and releasing the arrow are all things that fall under hand-eye-coordination. If you want to make it a seperate skill, fine. But then be consistent and make all weapons a seperate skill. But someone with great natural hand-eye-coordination will have a better first time shooting a bow than someone really clumsy, with fat fingers and broken arms.

5 ex is chump change, I leveled to the mid 80's early this league before I got bored and dumped my assets on some randoms I picked up in chat. Was ~300 chaos and maybe 100 in items and misc bullshit.

Just level early in the league when items have some value.

No one read the fucking odyssey here huh. When the hero returns home in the guise of an old man to oust the suitors from his home, they have a competition over who would get to marry the wife, believed to be widowed. The contest was that she would marry the man who could string his old how and fire it. None of the men could do it, then Odysseus walks up and does it no fucking problem because he is a god damned legend. They all freak and try to kill him cause they know they've been caught being fucking assholes and he and his son and servant murder the fuck out of them. Finer control of your motor skills won't let you shoot an arrow with more power but will help with aim. But more power in your draw means the difference between penetrating their padded armor and piercing their lungs.

what purpose did this post serve
you're literally saying the same thing as everyone else with a side story of something we all read in middle school

>Big beefy muscles won't help you hit a thing
They'll let you draw it, keep you from getting exhausted and shaking, or use a stronger one.

It doesn't matter if you're some fucking spiderman tier gymnast or just a random chump, you're not hitting shit without practice and all that acrobatic skill won't help you any.

STR is needed for RAtk but DEX brings some more crit rate and RAcc, plus Jishnu's Radiance is strong as hell since fTp carries over for all three hits so having a good DEX set is important.

>It doesn't matter if you're some fucking spiderman tier gymnast or just a random chump, you're not hitting shit without practice and all that acrobatic skill won't help you any.
This is a problem with the stats, too many possible actions get crammed into one single stat. Yes, it doesn't make sense. But you still need some good hand-eye-coordination to deliberately hit something.

I saw other systems handling this better.

That's some crazy shit. I've been indoor rock climbing, and merely full vertical is hard as hell, let alone inversion. I mean, there were plenty of people and even females doing it, just blows my mind. hard enough hanging with two hands...one is crazy. How's that roping work?

Pulling the string.

Can't believe that she gets with Ranta.

Climbing is an agility trait desu.

>pick a lioneye bow for 1c
>go deadeye
>pick up a drillneck
>spam middle click gmp frenzy for charge and right click split arrow

100000dps build with pocket change and little to no brain capacity

I'll pick up the anime again when Ranta dies in the novels.

It requires a lot of strength to pull back a bow.

Ranta is best boy, heretic. That's why he got two whole episodes at the end and no one else got shit.

i think climbing depends a lot on how much you weight. at the gym there was this buff nigger impressed i could pull myself up straight on top of the bar. for the 63kg me that's not a big feat, but for the heavy ass 190cm x 110kg nigger its quite impressive

i'm more dex than str tho

What games does Sup Forums play?

None because games are for children. I used to play skyrim and minecraft a bit.

Possible. They say the best climber in the world is a nine year old girl which is pretty much chippai over there. I just don't understand how they go upside down.

I'm max stealth I guess. Thief best class anyway.

Dark Souls 3

DayZ.

Also, gb2

anime girls fighting space battles with mechas and rpg elements

very rough but i like it so far. music is god tier and rpg elements stress my ocd the right way

fuck off kerrigan

>How's that roping work?
You have nuts and chocks and shit you stick into crevices in the rock, then you clip the rope onto those as you climb and hope it holds. It's pretty heatenings.jpg if you're climbing alone.

t. climber

FFXI, TLoU, I'd be playing XCOM2 as well if I could stop my graphics card from overheating, really wish I didn't cheap out on the fans when I first got my computer.

Who is the faggot drinking the margarita when everybody is drinking beer?

Whoever she is she is the bigger man for not falling for peer pressure.

You forgot to ask the more important question:
>Make best girl
>She only appears for three episodes
>With a total screentime of about 5 mnutes

Why is THIS allowed?

better question, why is the pink girl's beer not dripping?

Jesus fuck my dick

Because she is a slut user.

Path of Exile and SFV at the moment. Constantly searching for a modern MMO where the healer is a overly gimped class.

Is it possible for a mature onee-chan to be flirtatious and sexual without being a slut?

beer is for faggots.

Don't worry, everybody is a slut for purityfags. That's why you never listen to them