Haruhi

What would you do if S3 was announced tomorrow?

I'm rewatching it currently.

Wake up

Nothing because I wouldn't know about it yet.

>"Huh, that's interesting."

And move on.

kill myelf in excitement

Fuck.

Cry with happiness
Demand book 12

Run around the house screaming, then

Book 12 couldn't live up to the hype at this point.

Fap to ponytail Haruhi.

Probably. I still want it. I miss my waifu.

Post more of her then

Just fuck her, Kyon.

I'll trade you for S3

But it seemed so real

better post a whole lot more then

I've never understood what was considered to be unique or well-done in the TV series. Anyone care to explain?

Ponytail Haruhi is God-tier.

Kyon you smug fuck

Kyon deserves to be smug since Haruhi went ponytail for him.

Ship Sasaki and Kyon.

Tell ALSanon

im watching season 1 now myself and am pretty bored aside from the occasional cool idea

what am i missing so far

>dying of inoperable brain cancer
>I'll never see season 3 or a Kyouko spinoff anime

A lot, apparently. Chronological or broadcast?

not give a fuck because the author stopped caring like I did

Ship Kyon and Kyonko

Kyon has to be one of the best MCs ever. What a guy.

>Tomorrow
Can't you wait until friday? I've to be outside all day tomorrow.
But I'd be glad if it happened anyway, at least I lived long enough to see it.

He's done pretty cleverly. Snarky MCs aren't so rare, but Kyon had really good development.

That he's not embarrassed to find women hot is nice.

It was novice for it's time.
It was pioneering in LN adaptations, random episodes order and in using "school club room" setting. Mix of SoL elements and sci-fi is still unique too.
Kyon's witty remarks and storytelling made a show for me so did Haruhi's ambitiousness. Those mysteries about who is the true God, theories, characters shenanigans were pretty fun to look at.
Also Koizumi is the best girl.

Think "that's cool."
I'd actually be happy if there was an announcement of another LN, though, if it had a firm release date.

This; Because it'll mean a S3 along with it.

Probably not going to Sup Forums tomorrow, you guys are all right.

>Random
They were pretty carefully chosen.

Didn't the light novels get canceled or something?

No. Why would you think that?

Furiously fap

It will never happen anyway. KyoAni can't count to three

Don't worry user, we are all going to die without s3

godspeed

>Also Koizumi is the best girl.
I just want S3 to get more Koizumi shenanigans.
He made the E8 enjoyable. But so did Haruhi's body.

Dont know, I haven't seen a new novel in 5 years

I ruuub u

It's nothing special nowadays because a lot of other anime have basically coped it and the concept of a cynical fuck as a protagonist have been done over and over. It was kind of new at the time. Not only that, the concept of one of the characters unknowingly being God was also kind of cool at the time. It blew up in Japan because of this.

Looking back on it, it's kind of mediocre.

Now, the movie, on the other hand, is arguably the best animated movie of all time and is nothing short of a masterpiece.

>The anime is mediocre
>The movie is a masterpiece
Can you even think rationally?

I'm still upset that they never showed Kyon's reaction to Koizumi's suggestion during that scene.
Although I haven't gotten that far yet in the LN.

What? The TV series were mediocre, the movie was great. Why is that not rational?

Yeah, the author is a lazy fuck, but that's not the same as the series being cancelled.

>Looking back on it, it's kind of mediocre.
Your post is mediocre, fagget

You are both undervaluing the TV series and circlejerking too much about the movie at the same time.

Cry

And of course forgetting that the movie's value is inherently tied somewhat to that of the show due to leaning so heavily upon it. It is not a movie that can be taken as a standalone piece.

Has there been an anime since 2006 that was able to make you fall in love with it the way Haruhi did?

What a great kiss.

Take off your nostalgia goggles for a sec. Do you really think the first TV series wasn't mediocre?

Find my favorite Haruhi sadpanda and jerk it.

I watched it this week for the first time. It's exceptional.

It's above average, and the movie isn't that much of an improvement over it.

Who would voice Sasaki?

It has Haruhi. She's a miracle.

It was definitely above average especially for the time.

Hana Kana
Like usual

>he doesn't agree with me
>i blame the "nostalgia googles™"
It is still far for mediocre

>finished rewatching endless eight
And I don't even regret it.
Am I the only one who actually legitimately liked this arc?

I always liked how many layers there were, though you don't get as many with the show as in the novels. You can take it as a parody of different genres, like with Remote Island Syndrome. There are also parodies of different mediums, like The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya, and of basic tropes. For example, Mikuru is an obvious play on moe/"sex sells", with the implication that it'll become more prevalent in the future. You can also enjoy it for playing those things straight, though; it's clever.

It has a lot of real scientific and philosophical concepts, so it's fun to dissect. For example, Mikuru's explanation of the nature of time is similar to our understanding of how time actually flows. Yuki gets into metaphysics, and math becomes something significant to the plot. It's interesting.

As a story, there are a lot of different parts to latch onto. What is Haruhi? What are the goals of these factions? What do the things they spout mean for the story at hand? Is this all happening because they want to appease Haruhi, or is she causing it? Is it both? Kyon's snark is clever, too. I like the allusion he makes--Sigmund Freud, Sisyphus, Shakespeare, Dragon Quest. The prose might not be colorful, but it's quite dense. It's interesting from a literary standpoint, as well. Haruhi wants so bad to see interesting things, and she refuses to give up, but she's learning to find joy in regular things. Kyon wants to live an ordinary life and move on, but he finds himself in so many interesting things. It really makes you think about your outlook on life, especially in The Melancholy and The Disappearance.

I haven't read The Surprise yet (buying English books; sixth one no longer exists, apparently), but from what I know about it, it seems to be doing all these things: childhood friend, alternate timelines, alternative interpretations of the world and spear counterparts.

/gush. I hope I don't sound too stupid.

Evangelion and Madoka. Not as much, though.

Watched it week to week while airing. The butthurt on Sup Forums was nuts.

I've watched the show twice, and I watched that twice. First time, it didn't bother me. Second time, it got on my nerves. That actually made me appreciate it more, though.

Maybe Claymore before it went to shit and Steins;Gate

I legitimately enjoyed it. The episodes are actually really comfy and they literally spam my favorite tropes so I wasn't even remotely upset.

All of Sup Forums really, that was back when pretty much the whole site still watched anime.

m-maybe you will

season 3 might be soon

I had a lot of fun spamming "we've entered an endless recursion of time" threads

>If only Disappearance would happen
Kek

The dialogue is what sells it. No confession or romance or anything, just telling her that her ponytail made him rock hard.

It feels like it was recently, holy shit time flies.

>No Haruhi S3
>No Index S3
>No Nichijou S2
Japs really hate money

WOULD YOU RATHER:

Haruhi Suzumiya gets a live-action, feature-length, fully westernized adaptation that has good localization, treats the story and characters well, and is just an over-all well made movie, BUT with no season 3 in the foreseeable future.

OR

Have a season 3 in the foreseeable future but with character redesigns similar to pic related, and less adherence to the source material including edgy moments of teenage angst, less comedy, and an over-all darker, more serious tone.

You may only choose one.

Tiffany Grant.

I would enjoy a live-action film. I'm looking forward to KimiUso. It seems like mostly shoujo manga gets live-action adaptations because of the types of stories popular with girls, but I think a film based on The Melancholy would be phenomenal. I wouldn't mind it being western, though a Japanese one would be first, if only because they'd probably change the names.

Obviously the first? What's the point of having Se if it's bad?

>Se
S3*

That is an awful no win situation.

I choose the second choice mainly to see the Sup Forums shitstorms.

How would a good live action Haruhi even work? And how would you fit the required character development to make the titular character work into two hours?

The first book could easily fit in a feature length film. Hell, the first book is covered by 6 episodes, that's like, a little less than 2 and a half hours, and that's without cutting out shit that western audiences wouldn't get and is largely unnecessary to the story anyways.

That's one lemon I wouldn't mind being near my eyes.

>Try to save this image
>Google Chrome crashes
HARUHIIIIIIIIIIII

Five star post

You know where this is going. Enjoy being a giant cricket.

Thank you. I'm glad at least one person thought I didn't sound like a delusional fanboy.
I want so bad to talk about it in my literature class, but I'm far too embarrassed. It's the one book I'd really love to have a long talk about. Maybe I should just write a literary critique or something.

Steins;Gate, though the VN was more my jam.

If you have more ponytail Haruhi you are honour-bound to post it.

Maybe get around to watching the first two.

You should do that. Just don't make the mistake of watching it in chronological order.

I'll consider it.

Watching the "second season" afterward is weird. I'd recommend broadcast order first season followed by chronological combined.