Is there a term for shows/franchises where it's all cute girls who fight each other, but are targeted towards guys...

Is there a term for shows/franchises where it's all cute girls who fight each other, but are targeted towards guys? Like Nanoha, Wixoss, and Touhou?

Battle Moe? Combat Moe?

I guess KanColle would be in that category, too.

>Is there a term for shows/franchises where it's all cute girls who fight each other, but are targeted towards guys?

What ones aimed for girls?

Its called Cancer

You are misusing the word moe.

mahou shoujo

Magical Girls shows like Precure and stuff are aimed at girls, Nanoha is aimed more at guys.

>Wixoss, Touhou, and KanCole
>Mahou Shoujo

...Really?

it's a pretty broad genre

i honestly don't understand the obsession with classifying things anyway. who gives a shit?

The target audience for Mahou Shoujo is 8 year old girls and 30 year old men.
Just count the pantyshots in the first season of Nanoha.

Because it became a pretty big trend after Nanoha.

That, and I'm prepping an analytical diatribe.

Just like my little pony?

No.
The target audience for mlp is just kids.
The target audience for magical girl show is both the kid and the lolicon demographic

In MLP, men are primarily considered a peripheral demographic. Things line Wixoss, Nanoha,(S2 onwards, at least), Touhou, and Kancole, despite being full of female character who run circles around the bechdel test, are still aimed at men.

I was just looking for a term to distinguish such shows from regular Mahou Shoujo.

mahou shoujo really only has a few core elements (female protags, character-focused drama), then it adds a number of other things

2hu and kancolle are obviously in the same class of mobage/idol/CGDCT shows

motw shows like CCS and precure are another class that are more similar to sentai

then there are the more serious shonen/seinen combo shows, which are my favorites. nanoha, madoka, mai-hime (although mai-hime was also an ecchi comedy at the same time), etc.

>The target audience for mlp is just kids
>> /mlp

So the massive popularity in mlp for men was an unexpected accident while the others it was targeted towards. Ok makes sense.

Right. Just looking for a term for those sorts of shows aimed more at the Moe crowd who enjoy watching the cute girls, only with the added lemon twist of combat.

moe is the opposite of tension

>The target audience for magical girl show is both the kid and the lolicon demographic
But i'm not a lolicon. I honestly like Nanoha for the character work, action and lore.

Exactly. Nanoha was built that way. I'm looking for a name for those types of shows.

mahou shoujo you retard

>The target audience
>Target

Wixoss, KanCole, and Touhou fall into this sort of "Battling girls" archetype, but are not Mahou Shoujo, you twit.

and why not

Yuri.

Battling Bishoujo or Super Heroin or something like that. Its basically (Mahou Shoujo + Mecha Musume) - "Solo Witch Girls" like Sally or Sakura

Are you fucking dumb? Nanoha is a latenight show focused on the otaku / old man aundience. It was one of the first shows to fully realise the potential of battle loli and fully ditch the younger audience

Shoujo-Ai with action.

>paedophilia and action
I thought that term finally died with shoujoai.com

One is about a card game, another is about boats, and the other has no transformation sequences.

Senran Kagura fits in, too, I just realized.

Again, your definition of mahou shoujo is too narrow.

I don't know what you are talking about, Shoujo-ai is still applicable to teams featuring 19-24 years old girls

Saying "I enjoy shoujo-ai" in Japanese is like saying "I enjoy PTHC" in English.

>Bechdel test
user I don't think that means what you think it means. In most of these all female battle mahou shoujo it's damn near impossible to not pass the Bechdel test.

Exactly, half-Satan. Japan has a very different culture, but it would blow Tumblr's minds if they knew Japan's entertainment aimed at men was so different (With different problems, obviously).

He meant run circles, not in the sense of "avoiding it" but in the sense of "completing tracks multiple times, overly successful"

That adds some needed clarity to . Thanks user.