Why do animators draw food in anime so detailed even if the rest of the show isn't as high quality?

Why do animators draw food in anime so detailed even if the rest of the show isn't as high quality?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-VN0SSjbyf0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because animators are hungry.

>food in anime so detailed
Not all the time

Because animators don't draw the food

With how well they're paid it's a miracle they remember what food looks like

Food just looks like food in any anime, so they don't actually have to draw it again each time? They probably have a collection of a few food pictures they use.

they're most likely just traced food anyway

They don't want to make another quality cabbage.

Now I want zuppa di pesce.

They're so frustated not being able to draw some witches' snatches that they concentrate all that willpower on highly-detailled seafood.

Subliminal Programming.

Is this some sort of precure?

The director of Azazel-san ate pizza with the production staff and sent the empty, greasy take-out boxes to the animators when they had to work on a scene with pizza in it which made the end result look so good that a listener mail at an event asked if they did anything special with the scene, hence this story was brought to light.

What the fuck? So they eat the pizza, and send the trash to the people actually drawing the scene?

Because food is something everybody loves.

>laugh at retards who take pictures of food before consuming it
>have a folder for screenshots named 'anime foodies'

The '3DPD' rule is applied to this as well

Yes.

The director is nicknamed literally Crazy Boy (クレージーボーイ), making even the seiyuu suffer by trying to fit a 26-minute script into 13-minute episodes because "faster pace is funnier".

No, food is one of the best things about the 3D world.

Didn't a show get shit on because the cabbage in it looked like a volleyball?

cause food is universal

Yeah, wasn't there a cabbage meme where it was literally just a circle?

just gonna post some food

Thats actually pretty funny.

>togashichicken.jpg
they learned from senpai

>chicken

Sometimes you get both

>implying character/scene animation wasn't cheap shit

Cuisine is like flowers, dresses, or music. There are many domains in art in which aesthetic beauty can be expressed, and it just so happens that East Asians (Koreans do the same thing; Chinese to a lesser degree) choose food as one of their domains more regularly than westerners, just as they generally have a bigger preoccupation with seasonal changes to the environment (see: Kigo in Haiku).

Still, it's not exactly unheard of in western culture. If you've ever read Hemingway, he would give a similar level of attentiveness to describing a meal as he would a boxing match or a beautiful woman. I think he picked this habit up from his time in France and Italy.

nigger this is chinese cartoons
it's just animators who could make quarity for simple frames vs a studio artist who works on a singular detailed still frame like a scene background

Most anime is thoughtless garbage, but this doesn't mean that there isn't artistic anime at all (though it's much more common with manga), nor that those who churn out commercial dog-shit aren't still operating within what is fundamentally an artistic framework.

You see the exact same thing with every form of art. 99% of novels published today are fantasy and romance. 99% of television is reality drivel. 99% of songs follow an AABA structure. A general lack of quality does not in any way negate the merits of the form itself.

I should also note that both the 'Japanese' aesthetic traits I mentioned above are common not just in anime but in their literature, even pre-WW2 era lit.

So if you want to know why they bother to show slow cuts of food steaming in a bowl, it's because of that.

How do I tell the butcher that I would like some more meat with my fat?

Now I'm hungry.

no op pic is from someone like a background artist
there are scenes where an animator might work on food and just do simple line art that looks meh
emphasis ends up wherever they bother, even for something like art of a bug if there's focus

Because that's a still shot, it's not animated.

Backgrounds are usually as much as detailed.

and stills from openings

It's a curse of this fucking cabbage.

Food is crafted in the same way anime characters are. Food is perfection, limited only by our tastes and imagination. Throughout history no matter the state of the world humans have always sort more and more delicious meals, made more and more complex dishes and spent more and more care into the entire food making process. All of humans progress can be traced to food and our hunger. An empty stomach wishes to be filled with hopes and dreams.

I haven't eaten all day.

What's up with Japs and putting condoms in bento boxes?

youtube.com/watch?v=-VN0SSjbyf0

>Backgrounds are usually as much as detailed.
That's because there's a person who gets paid just to do the backgrounds.

I don't think I've seen a "Food Designer" ever displayed in the credits.

>I don't think I've seen a "Food Designer" ever displayed in the credits.

It's called "Food Stylist" and is a real job, and they appear in the credits, albeit not anime.

I'm pretty sure that detailed pictures of food such as in OP's pic are done by the very same people that do backgrounds.

>food such as in OP's pic are done by the very same people that do backgrounds.
Makes sense

Art of food just varies. You could have a "world class chef" and all they'd show is a character liking a dish and it may not be shown well. Then you could have middle school girls talking about homemade lunch then have silly detailed still art for it.

Cioppino? Looks delicious

>literally cant draw
>puts all the effort into the turkey
i mean even if its a trace, thats pretty funny

>"faster pace is funnier"
I immediately figured this could be the only reason teekyu exists the way it does and I am satisfied to know it is true.
God bless this man.