/lit/-fag here...

/lit/-fag here. I watched this because this is supposedly one of the most critically acclaimed anime out there and everyone was sucking its dick in the recommendation thread I made a few months ago.

This bored me to tears. It's so tedious to get through. The characters lack depth and don't have any interesting quirks or traits. The plot is pretentious as fuck and tries to make itself seem smarter than what it actually is: a dumb space opera.

Is this really the best this medium has to offer?

Because if so, that's sad, man.

No, this is the best this medium has to offer.

yes, now go back to /lit/ and stay there

Wait, you mean that your opinion differs from what someone else told you?
Holy shit!!!!!!

>Is this really the best this medium has to offer?
No.

>characters are boring because they don't have any interesting quirks or traits

what the fuck how shitty are your tastes

Nope, you won't find better honestly, if you found it bad that run away from the medium entirely.

>The characters don't have any interesting quirks or traits.

Probably the most shittiest bait thread I have ever seen, did you even try m8?

Nah
Works like Death Note, Cowboy Bebop and FMA blew it the fuck out of water.

then*

Who is this semen demon?

Cima from Gundam 0083

Watch Sword Art Online, it's much better.

Get the fuck back to Sup Forums you Sup Forums wannabe memer

>Is this really the best this medium has to offer?
No, it really, really isn't. You fell for the "LoGH is good" meme. Watch Shoujo Kakumei Utena if you want an actual /lit/ anime.

>wannabe memer
I have probably made more memes than the total number of years you've been alive.

I wonder why no one translated the novels?

Sup Forums sucks eachother's cocks about a couple of series like /lit/ sucks eachother's cocks over Gravity's Rainbow
Despite his intention to shitpost, this user has it correct, this is what the medium is for nowadays. You can get you hardcore scifi and super serious drama in other, better formats. Yes there's some good drama in anime, yes there's some good romance and some good scifi in anime, but it's not what the medium's for. Modern day animation is for rabid fanservice, pantyshots and jiggling boobs in glorious 12fps.

>/lit/fag pretends like he actually knows what good storytelling is
fucking hilarious

No, it isn't
Faggots are willing to spend hours and hours fapping to either Yan Wenli or Reinhard, without making a coherent sentece, then call it a day in belief that they once again proved that Ginga is "best anime evur".

You can say that about any medium. "Modern day movies are for capeshit and action flicks" "Modern day books are for YA Twilight clones"

I found it entertaining

though the MC's were as OP as your usual LN MCs and though it got me thinking about democracies and its values the Phezzani and Terraist sub-plots was completely worthless

This. Its good but not a masterpiece

> The characters lack depth and don't have any interesting quirks or traits.

You should try Sword art Online, it's something you'd probably enjoy more

Do you want to know how I know that you aren't actually /lit/?

Not going to take this shit from fags that think The Great Gatsby is the raddest thing ever.

Fuck out of my face, son.

How?

I have never read/watched Great Gatsby.

What is it about and why /lit/ loves it? From movie trailers looked like movie about normies.

try any of these

Nick was gay for Gatsby, right?

I'm actually watching this for the first time now and don't know how you can find this boring...

lurk for 2 years before posting

Serial Experimental Lain is the best the medium has to offer, along with other well done cyberpunk anime.

Great list, especially Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete. Definitely /lit/core considering that is derived from In Search of Lost Time.

Here's how i see it.
Say, what i'm looking for is brainfuck hard sci-fi, there's a pretty high chance there's a book out there with just that. Much less of a chance of finding a film like that, the level of mindfuckery i need is difficult to convey in the video format. Despite the book industry being dominated by masturbatory fantasies about vampires aimed at single moms, the medium shines its brightest at hardcore scifi and mindfuckery, it's how i see it at least.

If capeshit action is my thing, i don't need books for that, the film medium can offer glorious imax 3d, and massage seats that shake when something blows up at the cinema, explosions, shooting, cool one liners, you know the stuff that keeps typical mouthbreathing capeshitter entertained. Of course you can have books about that yeah, and there's plenty of deeper films out there, but the film industry shines its brightest when churning out action capeshit for the crowds to consume

Then there's anime, yes there's some pretty rad action and sci-fi, and there's some pretty sweet romance anime. But if i want cool scifi, drama or romance there's always a book that does it better, and if i want action there's always a film for that. So what if what i want is cute girls acting retarded, tripping over each other's boobs and shitty fanservice?
Do you know of a book where the entire (female) cast is literally (read: literally) guns? Do you know of a film where the entire (female) cast is literally boats? No matter what disgusting fetish or weird form of autism i have, anime has a show that mixes cute girls with my particular flavor. You like tanks? We have that, cute girls included? Planes? Food? Giant robots? Ceramic floor tiles? There's a show for everything and soon i bet we'll unironically have a show about cute girls weaving mongolian tapestry, fresh out of the press for that one autistic user that secretly masturbates to tapestry.
We truly live in a wonderful age.

Great Gatsby is mediocre compared to the best literature yet 100x better than LOGH. How sad is that?

Go watch Cowboy Bebop.
And if you don't like Cowboy Bebop...then I don't know what to tell you, man.
You would probably just need to give up on anime at that point.

>recommendation thread

You got what you deserved

>comparing genre fiction to real fiction
Please, LoGH is Japanese space oprea. If you're going to compare it to western lit, something like Honor Harrington would be more appropriate.

>Tokyo ESP

Read the manga. instead.

>in the recommendation thread I made a few months ago
subtle bait
also post your favorite book

Try Spice and Wolf, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Psycho Pass and Madoka. If you don't like any of them, anime isn't for you.

I have a Literature degree, feels bad man.

>sentece

LoGH is basically shit, and I'm glad to see someone else acknowledge that. Everyone is going to claim you're a troll, and while likely true, it's absolutely true that LoGH is insufferable garbage that does most everything wrong, but receives praise for telling a political story that seems "grown up" to the average teenager on this board.
Probably the best written anime overall. Good post, user.

>shoujo
>good writing

What are you even talking about? Utena is some of the most repetitive, bland, shallow bullshit around.

>that does most everything wrong
give an example of that

>claims an anime is pretentious
>posts an equally pretentious anime

Assuming you are the typical /lit/-fag, why would you think sci-fi would fit your tastes?

The others might be true, but I certainly wouldn't use the word bland to describe utena.

Why career suicide?

I don't think the unemployment rate is that high desu. Less than 10%, somewhere in the 7-8% range.

Could have easily said
>No discernible talent

How the fuck could anybody describe Utena as bland? Even if you absolutely hated it, you can't feasibly argue that it's bland.

It's not shallow either, and it's only somewhat repetitive in the sense that it had a duel of the week format for a while (plus stock footage).