Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Give me one good reason to continue after this scene?

There aren't any good reasons.

Because the shitty character is dead.

I think TTGL only gets good after Lordgenome.
Is this an unpopular opinion?

It gets better.

There aren't. There also weren't any prior.

It's not a particularly good series, but it's decent enough to finish watching if you like mecha. That being said, the series benefited from killing off Kamina.

It's big, it's very big and it's blue.

Really?, it seems like the show's plot only move just because of Kamina,

After they kill genome the plot literally just timeskips and repeats itself only now antispiral is the BBEG protecting humans from spiral energy instead of genome protecting them from antispiral. I don't get how the writers get off being so lazy.

Yeah it is, all the reddit memelords that infest this board will try to tell you that it gets worse after lord genome.

Pinning a series on a generally flat character is not a positive quality. The show had issues with characterization as it is.

Nia.

Actually it just gets worse. Kamina was the heart and soul of TTGL and the other characters literally try to copy him and fail. Its just boring garbage afterwards.

Yeah he's the least terrible character in the cast. Should I drop it?

Watch it and find out yourself. Personally I didn't even last two episodes into the timeskip, but there are people who do like it.

A likable main character whom is the linchpin of his entire group is killed by generic, literally who, mid-boss that nobody would normally care about because of muh lack of confidence, and carelessness.
I liked it because it raised the stakes.I was actually worried that Kiitan was going to die after jumping off the truck to challenge the anti-spiral mech. If the series didn't kill off Kamina, I would never have had that tension during that scene, and would have just assume he would automatically survive.

The oddest thing is that Nia is the character I came closest to liking. I don't even know why; usually I prefer edgy ones. Though the fact that she was reduced to damsel in distress post timeskip was shit.

It gets a bit better but then it goes back down. It's mostly empty hype. Like I said, if you like mecha action, you may as well finish, if not, then you won't miss much by dropping.

It's a three part series reflecting the meta of 70s, 80s and 90s mecha which correlate with the three arcs in Simon's character development. It starts out a bit childish and wacky but gradually becomes more sophisticated. In 2007 I also thought it became boring after the timeskip, now I feel the opposite.

>the three arcs in Simon's character development.
Simon had four episodes of development in the entire series. He's a static character after episode 11 till the end.
I wouldn't have minded if he actually had a personality.

Just because you say that, doesn't mean it's true.

Actually the only character who changes at all post episode 11 is Rossiu, and nobody likes Rossiu.
Viral changes but its largely off screen.

You only notice obtuse changes. Kittan is much more human after the timeskip, rather than some loud, intimidating older guy (from Simon's perspective).