Okay guys, for real

Okay guys, for real.

How does it work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2D7ohWos0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He doesn't.
He's not real

He skips ahead and leaves only the aftermath. Diavolo is basically intangible for the entire duration of the erased time, and what would've happened in that time period is acted out, with Diavolo doing whatever he wants.

Basically, his stand is "Fuck fate, I'm above fate, I'm immune to fate"

Gold Experience Requiem is the opposite, to reflect Giorno and the gang's ideals, that fate is all powerful and that the actions are what matter in the end. It's essentially the universal equivalent of blue balls, where fate is erased and you're forced back into the same state you were before.

Soo, diavolo basically like, becomes a ghost or something? And observes shit playing out, then he uh, chooses where to jump in?

But then why do people 'forget' what happens in the meanwhile?

Like i can understand it on a poetic level, im just having trouble concwptualizing how that would be expressed on a mechanical level.

Whats the difference between what king crimson does and stopping time?

Haven't you ever seen the Futurama episode "Time Keeps on Slippin'"?

If you drop a coin and then stop time, the coin will stop too and when time continues, the coin will continue to fall.
If you drop a coin and then skip time, the coin will have fallen with Diavolo being the only one capable of picking up the coin before it hits the ground.

Maybe I'm talking bullshit, but that's how I understood. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think Diavolo can "pick the coin".
If you notice he never actually does anything while his power is active, he just sets himself up for an advantageous attack.

Think about it as in "being able to see the future".

With Epitaph he can see only an instant, but nobody knows what happens in the meantime. So he, and everybody else, can "change" whatever happens before that instant.

King Crimson on the other hand allows Diavolo to see everything that is going to happen in the next X seconds, which means that he'll act differently than he "should have" since he can see the future. If everybody else was also conscious they'd react to him and do different things, throwing everything off.

So Diavolo can see what happens, but nobody else is allowed to be conscious and react to his actions. On the other hand I think that Diavolo can't really do anything substantial outside of avoiding danger or putting himself in an advantageous position.
Obviously since it's Araki we're talking about there are a few inconsistencies - like Narancia being impaled, or Buccellati seeing himself at the end of a time-skip - but this is what I got.

Sony Vegas.

So then whats the difference between TheWorld/Star Plat and KC

That episode of Futurama with the Harlem Globe Trotters and the time skips

The World allows you to attack while the enemy is defenseless, King Crimson doesn't.
On the other hand, King Crimson allows you to have a better understanding of the situation around you.

It doesn't. Araki just drew whatever he thought was cool. All these explanations people come up with are fan fiction at best.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2D7ohWos0

Double dubs provide the best analogy.

>The World allows you to attack while the enemy is defenseless, King Crimson doesn't.
>On the other hand, King Crimson allows you to have a better understanding of the situation around you.

But WHYYYYYYYYY

He sees 5 seconds into the future, and whatever he sees in that 5 seconds becomes erased

it just works

For example, doppio shoots diavolo. Diavolo uses KC. KC sees in those 5 seconds the bullet traveling and piercing diavolo at t= 3. Those 5 seconds are erased, meaning the bullet jumps ahead to t=5 but the event that occured at t=3 did not. Undertandu?

The problem that arises is related to how the power is affecting different things.

Like objects (such as other people) suddenly appearing in different places.

Consider: if they had used some special one time ability during the 'erased time', would it or would it not still be availible after the the 'jump'? What about if they had fired a gun? Would the bullets still be there?

If the answer is 'yes', then theres no reason for anything else to have moved around in any way either, because its all part of the workings of creation. If the answer is 'no', then how come they dont remember such things happening? Since in order for those beings to have gone through the motions there would have to have been experiential reference.

Simply put, their minds are being jumped forward into where ever their bodies are after time has been erased

Narancia was going to eat the chocolate, and King Crimson skipped over the ten seconds where Narancia actually put it in his mouth. When it was over, it looked like they teleported there, but since the action of Narancia grabbing the chocolate was erased, all that was left was the end result.

So yes, the one time ability would've been used up and the bullets would have been fired.

>Simply put, their minds are being jumped forward into where ever their bodies are after time has been erased

The thought had occured to me, but it implies a sort of naive cartesian dualism, which is bunkum.

King Crimson comes with Epitaph, allowing for better repositioning and planning.

It's like zoning out. Once they realize that time was erased, the end result is already apparent. All of the actions that they would've done had King Crimson not interfered would play out as they were intended to have occurred.

>So yes, the one time ability would've been used up and the bullets would have been fired.

But since those moments were erased, how did they still happen? That would imply diavolo would end up getting having 20g~ of cupronickle jacketed lead pass through his thoracic cavity along a parabolic trajectory, anyways.

Personally, i dont think it actually literally 'erases' all things in a given time frame, but is more uh, selective, in what it manipulates, while wider reality then reconfigures around the change(s).

So all along diavolo in fact had a third stand power, of curiously particular laser guided amnesia.

Well, im not gona say it doesnt *work*, but it just seems kinda, inelegant i guess?

DVD/Blu Ray Skip button

Diavolo's an exception. That's why he's so egotistical. King Crimson lets him see what the world around him is planning to do and avoid it. He can erase a half second to give the impression of teleportation, rendering himself invincible to any attacks that would've occurred in that time period. King Crimson is basically Diavolo trying to avoid fate and consequences.

JUST

>Diavolo's an exception. That's why he's so egotistical.

But what does that mean in terms of practical effects?

I wonder how they'll depict Buccaleti's fall during the timeskip

This is basically how I understand it: King Crimson "erases" time from the perspective of everyone but Diavolo for a period ranging anywhere from .5 to 10 seconds going forward.

The misconception that prevents most people from understanding how KC works is that it's not that people are "forgetting" what's happened during that period, it's that the time going forward itself has been erased.

For example, say that someone throws a punch at Diavolo. There's still some space between the fist and his face when KC activates and erases the half second in which the fist would have made contact. The end result is the same, the fist has connected with Diavolo's face, but the actual impact itself has been "skipped". During the time that is erased, Diavolo and King Crimson can move freely but not actually interact with anyone, because unlike with Dio's time stop, he's not actually seeing the people or objects themselves but rather the projections of their very near future.

This is where KC's "Eulogy" comes in. Basically, it shows projections of the routes that things will move through. So, if with the punch example above, Diavolo can see the projected route that it will take, what angle the punch is coming from and where his attacker will be afterward, which affords him the ability to make seemingly impossible judgments, like throwing a knife into the exact position that his attacker would be 1.5 seconds after he threw his punch.

It's best if you think of it as a "4th wall power" rather than time power.

Think of the Jojo universe taking place in the manga, Diavolo has the power to "break the 4th wall" i.e. to step outside the manga and browse ahead to see what will happen.

Not only does he have the power to browse ahead, he has the power to "Rip out pages". So everything just skips from one point to another, which is why people don't remember anything.
Now since Diavolo isn't "inside the manga" Any harm that should've befallen on him couldn't happen.

I think this is what Araki had in mind when he created this power. You can kind of see the "pages" or "video frames" in pic related.

It doesn't. Much like other stands and characters it was changed mid way. You might as well ask where Anasui's tits went.
People who claim they know how it works are the biggest try hards. There is legitimately two different KC states that are mutually exclusive.

Why is he so anger?

thingken of past

Magic.

Think of it this way. Gold Experience Requiem removes the effect, but keeps the cause. While King Crimson removes the cause but keeps the effect.

If you shoot a bullet at King Crimson, a bullet hole (the effect) will appear behind him, but the cause (traveling bullet) gets removed and he escapes without a wound.
If you throw a punch at Gold Experience Requiem, the punch (the effect) won't land. It'll just reset back to zero, as if nothing ever happened. However the cause (throwing the punch) is still there.

The infinite death loop can also be explained this way. Giorno used Gold Experience Requiem to kill Diavolo and the cause (Dying) was kept as normal, while the effect (Death) got removed. You can also think of it like this:
The act of Dying (the cause) eventually leads to Death (the effect), no matter what. We can say that:

Dying --> Death

What Gold Experience Requiem does is to keep the Dying part, but remove the Death part making the chain like this

Dying --> Alive

Since Dying cannot lead to being Alive, the cycle starts over again where the Dying part is kept, but the Death part is removed. This cycle continues again and again until the correct chain of events is followed (Dying leads to death). This makes Diavolo keep dying forever because his state of death is constantly reset.

The cause and effect stuff for King Crimson is wrong since the translators came up with that, but the rest is on point. I haven't seen GER and the death loop this well explained before so nice job.

I read the whole thread and I still don't understand.

Read
and ignore the rest, this comes straight from the japanese version by someone who read it explaining it, most of the other stuff is marred by the shitty translations where the translators made stuff up when they didn't get something

I always compared Gold Experience Requiem to DIO putting Polnareff down the stairs. The action of raising his foot and moving it forward were there, but the result of him going up a step isn't, and Polnareff's back where he started.

Easy. He sees all that'll happen, makes it play out and jumps out to the point after it happens.

So he was planning on impaling Narancia and just skipped ahead to the end. I get it now.

>2016
>people STILL have trouble understanding King Crimson
I say this with the utmost sincerity, and lacking any animosity.
Just kill yourselves, you'll be doing the world a favor.

>You might as well ask where Anasui's tits went
He used DD to get tits and to undo them

Exactly. And the blood trick worked because the blood was part of him and thus free from fate, so when the erase ended they seemingly had blood in their eyes out of nowhere.

So anything he was planning to punch or murder will be punched or murdered, he just doesn't have to do them.

Whoever thinks he knows how it works is wrong. The simple fact is Araki didn't keep his shit straight and KC is canonically inconsistent in his powers, as in broken. If he would work like he's officially described to work, he would literally be a useless stand that would potentially trap it's user in loop if it decided to use it's powers. As it stands, it deletes only some of the consequences of the "erased" actions and isn't consistent to which consequences those are aside from movement which seems to be more or less a constant.