Gyakuten Saiban

Why is nobody talking about this?

What the fuck is Gyakuten Saiban?

It's a little dull looking but it's not that bad.

Because it's just showing things that's been known for fans for over a decade. Doesn't stop Sup Forumsermin from circlejerking over nothing when a thread gets going though. It's also a Saturday series.

You know what it is.

Mayoi

Seems a little weird that they're just now getting around to an anime adaptation. I can't imagine Penix is even that popular in Japan right now.

I unironically love the opening

Part of me was hoping this would have a different story. I wanted things to be different this time.

Gyakuten has decent legacy. It's also going to have a fourth 3DS game this year from what I remember.
There was Gyakuten/Layton Kyouju, Gyakuten 5, Dai Gyakuten, and now Gyakuten 6. The Gyakuten trilogy was also released for 3DS.

They switched to the English names again. That's the 3rd time it changed in 7 episodes. It's starting to piss me off.

>Akane
>Mayoi

Who?

>Watching Ace Attorney with the japanese subs

Disgusting

Akane has scientific ways to make a defense lawyer happy.

I didn't even know it was being subbed because I couldn't find the right title. I'm learning all their names in moon and they're pretty funny and corny.

>japanese subs
Why would there be Japanese subtitles for Japanese audio? This isn't a hearing impaired broadcast.

PLvsAA was probably the peak of series to me.
This is the lowest point.

Secondaries get out.

It's out as Gyakuten by Bud, and some "mad" dude also has CR's subs with the Japanese names.

CR still has localized shit, for example if you knew the kanji for what's on the tokusatsu hero's head, it's one of many reasons why you'd know the dude isn't "Steel Samurai".

I wonder if Nintendo has anything to do with the name discrepancy. Maybe only they have the rights to distribute the series as Phoenix Wright and those character names.

There is an ios trilogy game with same names so no.

To be honest. The japanese names are shit.

I think CR just fucked up. They do the localized one then the regular one after probably.

Animation quality is assholes.
Characters often look funky as all hell.
They butcher the music.
Watered down the plot and culprit's reactions.

It's really unpleasant to watch, honestly.

But there are.
They're pretty useful for Japanese learners since you can tell how a word you don't know is written and it reduces the chances to mishear or overhear things.

This adaptation is fine to me. It's doing what it needs to, some seem to want for it to be some weird BD seller. The voices are sinful, but they can't really use the older seiyuu.

This week we finally get into the first best case.