You now remember aldnoah zero

you now remember aldnoah zero

was this the biggest disappointment since toradora ova?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GFpen61t1Mo
youtube.com/watch?v=c5rwOgimCUc&index=2&list=PL15A646336376770E
youtube.com/watch?v=PFpk_sq-o38
youtube.com/watch?v=jcqWdWCvyGk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Interesting ending

why?

>The next stage of our development is to make something that would supersede Gundam. I think we need digital technology to achieve that. At A-1 we've experimented with a couple of 3D animation technologies. Let's take a look at a couple of those.

>Self insert character
>Has the chance to end up with a princess
>Doesn't
Did the writer understand the point of a self-insert character?

Holy fuck this series made me fucking mad.

slut

I'm not even sure he was supposed to be a self-insert character, just a really badly written and conceived one. I hope this is the last time A-1 ever tries to do a mecha series, they've proven they just don't have what it takes. Just stick to the teen melodrama, I mean fuck they kind of did with Aldnoah in the long run anyway.

If we make a show completely devoid and empty of all the things that make U.C Gundam still so popular to this day surely we will be able to surpass it in popularity!

>badly written
I think you described the entire fucking series right there.

How many of you guys watched this because of aLIEz?

youtube.com/watch?v=GFpen61t1Mo

Biggest fucking mistake ever.

Kudelia Ohime-Sama is a refined and special girl far ahead of our plebs in her sage knowledge and wisdom. I wonder if they say fuck it and just stick her in a tube for 75% of the second season.

I just watched it solely because I was bored one day, but the music was nice so I finished it all.

youtube.com/watch?v=c5rwOgimCUc&index=2&list=PL15A646336376770E

Honestly I may be alone in this but I never liked the song much. I haven't really liked any of the big Sawano vocal tracks people are always on about, they're kind of all just the same shrill loud and distorted things. I kind of prefer the big orchestral pieces of Gundam for my mecha battle music, they just have a lot more character to them

b-b-but butcher!!

>expecting anything from a show directed by Aoki and written by the Boku no Pico guy
user please, how naive are you. G-Reco was the biggest disappointment of 2014. I seriously thought it was going to be good.

Just because he has a raging hard on for Gundam doesn't mean he's going to be any good at creating his own version of it. Many mecha series have tried to match up to Gundam in the last 40 decades and all of them have failed aside from maybe Evangelion which is about the only thing that can be said to be on the same level.

youtube.com/watch?v=PFpk_sq-o38

Gundam The Origin Main Theme shits all over MkAlliez too. Such a sweeping piece.

youtube.com/watch?v=jcqWdWCvyGk

Just 1 more day. Can't wait to go home again. Just that establishing shot of the sides with the classic Gundam music in intro instantly transports me back into that U.C frame of mind again. Also unlike Inahole Char can actually carry a show as an MC.

Except nothing will surpass Gundam.

>lemons never got the slaine dick

The entire Gundam licence is shit mate.

Am I one of the few people who was actually satisfied with the ending of Aldnoah Zero?

Princess Asseylum's final line "it was a pleasant memory" was very fitting, very aware no mono.

tell japan this

See this is what we call just trying to start shit

just ignore

i miss the aldnoha shitposting threads

I was suckered into watching it since it had Gen Urobuchi's name on it. Little did I know that they falsely advertised it as an UroGen series when he only pitched the script and just wrote the first episode.

That guys 15 minutes of fame kind of ended with that show it feels like

classic maltard

the threads were awful

You can kind of tell he really regrets ever signing on to that project. He talks more about Gundam than he does Aldnoah and tries to Alan Smithee his name off of it even though that's kind of hard when your credit is original creator and the franchise I'd legally obligated to put your name at the head of every possible future iteration of it from now to eternity. I think Sony has resigned itself to piggy backing their artists onto Gundam showd now and it's done with though

I just looked that up I can't fucking believe that.

season 1 was very mediocre but had a nice ending when all the terrible characters got killed by one of the few not so terrible characters

season 2 shit the bed from the very start and only got worse and worse with each episode. In what universe would you consider an ending where everything gets resolved by a random character introduced literally a couple episodes ago anywhere near 'okay'.

It should be obvious by now that people who like AZ tend to be the ones who aren't usually into mecha and thus have a very low bar. AZ is basically the current gen's Gundam Seed.

The ending and half of 2nd cour was what ruined this thing.

>2 boys fighting over a princess
>Suddenly a fuckign side character out of nowhere takes her
>The 2 boys are then left to their own
>1 is destined to be a general that will shit on everyone he faces
>1 is the cuck of everyone because he has a fucking death wish
>Together they both become the Princess' pawns

Fuck this ending and fuck the half of S2. It would've been better if they fucking killed Slaine and Princess after they got their redemption because Inaho fucked his brain by overusing his cyborg prowess and then his 'alternate personality' decides to kill Slain and Princess, then he decides to become the person to unite Mars and Earth because those 2 won't do a better job.

But nope, here take a fucking "HAPPY ENDING" .

I'm not going to lie. I can live with hime screwing both the boys over by marrying the noble. I can live with Slaine being locked up in prison. I can live with eggs having zero repercussion with his a.i. eye. I can live with eggs single-handedly win the war for the corrupted leaders on Earth. I can live with a lot of the inherent bullshit for the anime.

What I can't live with, is that Slaine didn't hook up with Eddelrittuo in the end. I mean, come on, she was all but willing to rush to his side despite the whole world hating on him. I mean, we all know she wouldn't mind being locked up in prison with him as some sort of live-in maid. You can't tease us with those two and not having anything to show for it. That is what disappointed me the most.

Those are some tight shipping goggles you've got on there.

I liked the ending
fitting of an urobutcher show, made everyone mad, stupid idealistic kid gets worst end just trying to save his loli/princess/world/justice ect.

It's an endless cycle of urobutcher

>I liked the ending
>fitting of an urobutcher show, made everyone mad

>Implying this is an Urobutchi show and not an Aoki Ei shitshow
>Implying Urobutchi even wants to be associated with this shitfest anymore

I WANT AN S2 SO SLAINE CAN REDEEM HIMSELF!
I WANT HIM TO ACTUALLY HAVE A ILLEGITIMATE KID WITH ASS HIME'S IMOUTO!

Yeah, G-REKT-O never sold. This did.

That's almost giving it too much credit. Literally though if someones list of watched mecha anime consists solely of Code Geass, A/Z, Evangelion and possibly Gargantia they aren't a mecha fan but an MAL hype kid that just follows popular shit and people around from show to show and follows whatever Sony is shilling

The threads were fun at least

Check again. It actually sold better despite Tomino making every possible attempt to sabotage it commercially

Unfortunately because Oricon royally screwed up the first volume results for G-Recos first volume and that's the only one genius anime fans pay attention to it's always going to be like that now

GReco actually outsold AZ, despite it having little marketing.

true,the levels of butthurt and denial in those threads was amazing

>MAL hype kid

Yeah okay faggot

Oh it had marketing, just not pants on head retarded Aniplex over marketing. The fact that they needed to spend so ridiculously much on marketing this shit fest just to kind of get it a little below the BD sales for an old directors personal project for a franchise that makes the vast majority of its revenue through model kits sales really illustrated the vast power gap between the two franchises back in 2014. I think only Anthem of the Heart beats it in terms of the size of the marketing campaign behind it and that also didn't do nearly as hot as some people like to think either. Missed it's target of 2 billion yen minimum by about a billion even with the Nogizaka shilling.

Now just think how much worse off Aldnoah would be if it didn't have the kind of marketing campaign and gaff baiting that it did and again consider this was seriously intended to overtake Gundam as a franchise.

>aoki
>butcher
>boku no pico guy

Only retards had high hopes for that shit at any point in time

Pretty hilarious though, during the week when the actual correct sales were posted and ANN etc went all quiet instead of rectifying and admitting the mistake.

is there anyway to enjoy watching this abomination of an anime? I've tried watching it drunk, high, drowsy and I swear to god I can't make it past the 3rd episode

I can't fathom a person who can legitimately give me a good reason why I should continue watching this, it's not even "amazing trainwreck" bad it's literally just everything wrong with anime and I hate it so much

If you didn't watch it with Sup Forums and /m/ while it aired, don't bother.

It's no secret that ANN has been really deep in the pockets of Funimation and Aniplex USA for years now. If it had happened now it'd have been corrected since Bandai Namco is clearly giving them ad money now via Daisuki and just in general. They right the most glowing articles about Bamco stuff now, it's kind of funny to see the obvious reversal from Anti-Tomino click bait articles to hey check out this cool JRPG push and Anime song festival featuring Aqours

SLAINE?

I thought it was pretty decent for being completely and utterly devoid of well written characters. Though that's probably because my standards were so low because I watched a pretty bad anime before it.

>watching with Sup Forums
>watching with fujos and tumblr

Yeah he's better off watching it by himself.

CRASHING THIS SPACE STATION

WITH NO SURVIVORS

Jokes on you, I dropped it in episode 5

No. Drop it and watch something else. Even Gundam AGE is better by virtue of Flit having a raging boner for genociding VAGAN SCUM.

>Tomino making every possible attempt to sabotage it commercially
Elaborate?

I'm pretty sure it's less Tomino and more Banco.

Why the hell would Bandai try to sabotage Tomino's show?

Especially when it was being made by Sunrise's most talented studio?

Every week spent animating Tomino's stuff could been spent doing the next UC OVA and rake in ridiculous amounts of money.

I don't think it's sabotage, just that Bandai probably didn't have much faith and didn't bother to advertise as much. I mean, G-Reco did get some good staff on board, so hardly fair to call it sabotage.

>ORIGIN Ⅲ Dawn of Rebellion
Man MkAliez is so much better than that shit.
Now the Unicorn theme, though, that was epic and sweeping. Shame Sawano went to shit soon after.

I love Origin/UC but there better not be a bizarre sword fight with a walking suit of armor which was cringe tier in the worst way.

Well After the Events of the Anime and before then, Slaine Wished he did die by any means necessary cause his life was shit.

That giving A/Z too much credit, for how Jesus-ish Kira was, Seed was solid Gundam entry, pretty much a modernized 0079, even up to first half of Destiny.
G-Reco should be A/Z 's Gundam equivalent.
>Look its great Tomino !
>its shit

Does IBO's existence mean that A.Z did retroactively surpass gundam?

Banner of the Stars had better space aliens