What's the most disappointing anime ever made? Not the shittiest...

What's the most disappointing anime ever made? Not the shittiest, but something people looked forward to that blew up in everyone's faces so hard that all discussion of it died once it finished airing?

SAO

Kiznaiver if we're only talking about currently airing stuff.

>people looked forward to SAO

Who? Why?

I don't recall anyone really looking forward to SAO.

KnK however was the biggest thing people wanted to see KyoAni animate. And then they did.

Ninja Slayer? that's the most recent one I can remember

>Ninja Slayer not being anything but a 10

I don't really know if Charlotte can be called a disappointment since a lot of people were expecting to be a train wreck, but even so, I don't think anyone expected it to be that bad.

OreImo? All normal discussion died and all that stayed is a few incestfags image dumping.

For me, macross delta is the disappointment of this season.

Not the greatest, but personally: KanColle. I'll say that the more of a fan the franchise they are, the more they hated the anime. Not only was it insultingly bad, it sold like hotcakes. Brand name loyalty and all that.

LNfag hype back in the day.

Nowadays the only discussion it generates is false flags trying to start fist fights with the people with extreme hatred towards SAO and those who know its bad but think the rage has gotten old

Death Parade?

Are you looking for something that was disappointing after a promising couple episodes? ( Rolling Girls)

Or something that was disappointing after exciting promo materials. (Guilty Crown)

Or something that was disappointing because earlier stuff in the franchise? (PsychoPass s2)

Or something that was disappointing because it was a bad adaption? (Umineko)

Eden of the East was the most disappointing series I can remember watching. It was so close to being great, but its ending was just fucking nothing.

Ninja Slayers is literally GOAT

I was really hyped for Sousei no Aquarion because of the great insert song. OST is usually a good indicator of how much I will enjoy a series, but that time it totally didn't work out.

No idea about dying discussion though, since I don't watch seasonal.

>Death Parade

Akame Ga Kill (Kiru). I used to see threads over that everywhere. What happened? I didn't expect everyone else here to drop the series even though I did.

What do you watch? There is only so long that you can run on old Anime before you have to turn to seasonals. I assume you are new?

For me personally it's IBO.
I won't ever forget how I went from genuine hype and calling anyone who complained about the pacing a retard with ADHD who can't keep his attention if there aren't flashy lights on screen before episode 7 to bitter jaded hatred for the show after the Dort arc started.

Angel Beats was trash.

SAO turned into shit when the girl was older for some reason. Completely unnecessary shit.

> I'll say that the more of a fan the franchise they are, the more they hated the anime
I feel the similarly about Idolmaster. Especially CG. Honestly, discussing the show on western and japanese forums is like night and day.

And yet ironically, I become exactly what I hate with KanColle, since I never played the games and more or less enjoyed the anime.

It worked well for me for what I estimate to be around 10 years. There is a ton of old shows, man. We are talking the entire history of japanese animation here.

Anime so bad it killed all interest in the manga

Anime filler end and manga going too far into kill counts/Budo getting wrekt by Mine.

I get AgK is supposed to be a love letter and mockery to all the dumb people who wanted a generic shonen with a mutual death count for the good and bad guys but it reduced the cast to the most boring people

Ninja Slayer was less interesting to ironic post about.

Sometimes I honestly forget that an Umineko anime even happened.

No one talking about how disappointing zankyou no terror. I'm mad forever honestly

Gundam Build Fighters Try was so bad that after the midpoint of the show the generals were literally 800 threads of nothing but anger.

This is pretty high on the disappointment list.
Don't know how it fell apart so fast.

Fucking this. That series had everything. Great op, awesome mystery, Peters. And then, it was fucking destroyed by that god forsaken ending

Kyoukai no Kanata?

I was a fan even before the anime was announced.

>GOD EATER
Can ufo do something - anything - without TM? No.

>Dragon Ball Super
Toei and Toriyama take a shit; modern DB fans smear it all over themselves and love it.

>Phantom World
KyoAnifags trying to 'save' battleharems. Failure and immediate evacuation of threads to only waifuwars.

>IBO
Gundam with no Gundams.

From the last few seasons that I can recall.

The answer can only be Basquash.

Rinne no Lagrange.

It started off so wonderful, but they could never leave the town and got stupid.
Still had a fucking incredible soundtrack though.
MARU

All it took was one girl to derail the show.

Seems more like modern DB and the craziest apologists for Super

>Rolling Girls

Literally the only thing disappointing about Rolling Girls was the fact it wasn't 2-cour, despite having numerous potential stories still to be told. Everything else was perfect, it was easily the best show I've seen in years.

I enjoyed it because I knew exactly what it was going to be like going into it. You could see Five on all the promo art and could tell she was going to be a cheesy rival unless you are completely genre blind.

Anything made by toei in the past 4 years

First episode of Rolling Girls made a bunch of nerds think it's going to be the Kill la Kill of anime so they got pretty mad when that didn't happen.

>the Kill la Kill of anime

guarantee the new Berserk anime flops in every way

neon genenis prob

>cgi boat
It's already doomed.

Why did they have to go CGI again. And not even good CGI, just really abnoxious and distracting "artistic" CGI

>the kill la kill of anime

Honestly, I was just hoping that it would have way better production.

Then Wit reminded us they're terrible at scheduling.

You're not fooling anyone.

Put your name back on.

Cant speak for the other two

>cgi boat
Now you're giving me Bantorra flashbacks.

You never heard someone use the phrase "X is the Evangelion of anime"? It was supposed to be a joke. I was saying people expected it to be the next Kill la Kill. I thought that was pretty obvious. I'm sorry, I won't try to be funny anymore.

Holy shit you're unironically the biggest faggot I've seen on this board FUCKING KILL YOURSELF

japan only has experience in making CG mecha and cute girls. everything else is uncharted territory.

You know, the Cadillac of automobiles. The Madoka of Evangelion. Or you could assume that user forgot KlK was anime, because you can't comprehend sarcasm, which would mean you really ought to lurk more.

>phone posters
Of course you wouldn't get it.

Who are you talking too?

And your better because you post on what, a laptop? A desktop? What does it even matter

>C(rap)GI
Can't wait for the manimefag tears

Don't mind him, he's just trying to fit in like all the other cool kids on Sup Forums.

I want to see what it covers, but I'm not hyped at all. Just posting that hurts me

I just wanted characterization instead a fucking war with incopetent shitheads, fuck they wasted potential in kiritsugu and waver.

Also Kirei fucking sucks, he is supposed to be bad since the beginning, not becoming bad in the middle of the fucking "war".
GDI urobuchi.

People will defend this shit with a lot of MAL-tier arguments but you all know why this is so bad so stop parroting other people memes.

This and KnK6 are the worst thing Ufo has ever done, even God eater was enough good for a shitty monhun copy game adaptation

You sound like one of those people who defends streaming and generals.

Nice assumptions buddy, i refuse to stream even if it means waiting a little longer and i hate generals

Good news, Guts already has his eye and arm missing in the PV so it takes place somewhere after the whole Apostle thing

watch it for Gil only

Kill la Kill had such a promising start, and it wasn't absolutely awful, but it just didn't deliver on the massive hype it brought in the beginning.

I think you mean Ninja Resurrection.
>Here's some narration about a bunch of crazy niggas but lets focus on two
>Oh fuk, Satan is Japanese and he's killing ever-
>The end

I liked Rolling Girls. It played you on the expectations of seeing overpowered guys beating up the shit out of everything, but it ended up as kind of a show about perfectly normal girls doing jobs that normally "superheroes" do. Also rushed ending since the show was overanimated and budget was tight.

You say you wanted characterization, but then bitch that Kirei was characterized instead of just being evil from the beginning? I don't even understand what you're arguing.

It covers the conviction arc but no idea how much of it.

KLK was probably the most disappointing anime ever made. It got to a point when the show would basically blueball itself out of its own action scenes and the main character literally took a backseat to her own clothes in the end while the co-protagonist did nothing.

Zvezda was pretty disappointing. Great designs, potentially great setting and plot, decent animation too, but it was wasted on shitty episodic filler type comedy nonsense and half assed drama.

The only one that I can remember is Kiznaiver, and that's only because it's airing right now, it's like Glasslip 2.0

It matters because phoneposting allows people to post from outside their house and while waiting in between other things, which gives them a higher proportion of normalfags and shitposters who see Sup Forums as just a way to waste time and don't actually care about it.
I'm not the guy who called you out, by the way.

The fights look pretty.

It's 4 a.m. im obviously posting from bed. Did he just not understand context? I could maybe understand if it was mid day when most Sup Forumsutists would be browsing from a desktop but im pretty sure most everyone on Sup Forums right now is either on a laptop or phone

>KnK
People should state which KnK they are talking about

He supposed to be bad since he was born, all his life wanted to do really bad things to people in general because that makes him feel pleasure, actually that's the only way for him to feel pleasure. Since he was a kid he realized this so he restrained his true feelings all his life, then Fuyuki Ritual happened and he was allowed to de bad things for the first time in his life, he was supposed to rejoice himself in this setting.

Instead we got a plain character that had a harsh life doing some amazing things, in Zero he is portrayed as a "Normal" person who becomes bad for the sake of himself instead of being bad since the beginning without him being enable and allowed to change.

I'm pretty sure urobuchi didn't read the VN while writting Zero nor at least didn't understand the characters at all.

KnK wasn't bad at all though, it's a weird meme that got started here to shit on it. It wasn't amazing or as great as people wanted it to be but it was mediocre at worst. People only attack it because it was Kyoani and a hype got built up.

Captain Earth.

Bones doing Original mecha? I thought sure this is gonna be good and it turned out to be trash.

Well, to be honest it didn't have the potention to begin with it.

It was a more centered in the romantic issues than the actual plot.
also
>That kiss at the end of chapter 18

best romantic scene in the last five years.

fuck
>potential*
Also
Pic related is the most recently "wasted potential: the manga"

At least we are getting a new Hirasawa track, so maybe it won't flop in the music department

>18
that's episode 20 user

this

Definitely not fractale, it saved the industry afterall.

Persona Trinity Soul was a major disappointment. I still somewhat enjoyed it but boy did it fall short of expectation.

A/Z didn't disappoint everyone, it actively pissed them off.

>Phantom World
Its turn out alright near the end. The characters grow on me.

>but something people looked forward to that blew up in everyone's faces

Who had high expectations of this? The most discussion was about NTR.

>all discussion of it died once it finished airing?

Like 99% of seasonal anime.

SAO had a lot of hype from the typical "I-it's actually good!" LN crowd.

Oh god I remember being really sleepy while watching this.

It's actually kind of depressing

>something people looked forward to that blew up in everyone's faces so hard that all discussion of it died once it finished airing?

Literally Kill la Kill

As soon as everyone got off the ride, it vanished.

Fucking this.
Everyone hyped the fuck out of it, and it fell short. Almost as bad as SnK.

A lot of sequels are disappointing if only because they're not a good as the first season without really being that bad, like DtB2.

I can attest to being highly disappointed by this

The fuck is DtB2?

God, they had pretty much everything they needed for this to not suck. And then it pretty much shat itself after episode 1. The threads were so full of disappointment

Darker than Black 2.

It's a meme you dolt.

Fuck you. DtB2 was so bad no one should even pretend to forget it. Let it burn in memory forever.