Why do people romanticize the Vikings but despise Islamic terrorists and ISIS?

I noticed something strange recently - most people in the western world are, rightfully, hateful towards ISIS, Boko Haram and Islamic terrorists in general for their violence, bigotry and extremism. At the same time however there exists a huge cult towards Vikings, expressed quite often by the same people who criticise Islamists. The cult isn't as oriented towards Viking trade expeditions, discoveries or art, as much as towards their perceived "valiant" way of life and raids. People tend to praise their courage and streanght, how glad they were to die in battle and how strongly they believed they would go to Valhalla if they do. Yet isn't that exactly the same as the Islamists? Isn't ISIS pretty much a bunch of young men on Jeeps and pick-ups, raiding across the Syrian desert, burning and pillaging villages, killing innocent people, raping, looting etc.? They are courageous and passionate about it, they believe it is honourable to die in battle in the name of Allah and that it will get them to heaven. The similarity with Vikings is striking - a bunch of young men riding in the north sea instead of the Syrian desert, on ships instead of Jeeps, for the name of Odin instead of Allah, believing just as strongly he will send them to "heaven" - Valhalla if they die in battle. I see little difference between the two groups yet in the perceived mentality of the Western World one of them is hated and despised, while the other gets cool video games, movies, tv shows, art, music etc. and a ton of "fanboys" who praise them and say how much they would love to live in that age and be like them. Well, you can be exactly like a viking if you go and join ISIS or Boko Haram, right? But for some reason, those you hate. Can anyone explain that perceived hypocrisy to me, particularly people who are fans of the Vikings.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2997156/Mysterious-ring-reveals-Vikings-reach-Purple-stone-9th-century-grave-inscribed-Allah-showing-warriors-traded-Islamic-civilisations.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because they were white

Because one happened like 1000 years ago and one is still happening you retard

My brother has a large library which has a great deal of Viking/Icelandic/Scandinavian sources - "vikings" were mostly petty thieves who were great at fighting against farmers or pacifist monks, but would turn craven and row for home (or even to hide inside heavily wooded inlets) the minute the watchman cried "Look! There's the King's ships!" Icelandic males were also total pussies getting bossed around by women.

You couldn't just make on thread you little fairy?

People like you should have a pvc-pipe up your ass, a barbed wire inserted and then the pipe removed. THEN you can go and pray to your magical sandnigger in space, you know, the (((god))) that does not belong to you.

KILL YOURSELF NIGGER

No dude we were alpha rapers and pillagers bro

they weren't brown though

now that is some prime fucking butthurt holy shit calm down ahmed

Vikings as invaders were like that, but go ahead and try to conquer viking lands, I double dare you.

maybe I will. What you gonna do about it?

Cool story bro
They are being conquered as we speak - by "child refugees".

Also, these same Norsemen also became the NORMANS, one of the most successful ethnocultural groups in history - Conquest of England, Normandy, Sicily, Varangian Guard for the Byzantine Emperor, probably a significant component of the ethnogenesis of the Kievan Rus' who became "Russia". Sure they did a lot of nigger-tier raiding but they also established some pretty dank civilizations.

>snownigger
>muslim
>different
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2997156/Mysterious-ring-reveals-Vikings-reach-Purple-stone-9th-century-grave-inscribed-Allah-showing-warriors-traded-Islamic-civilisations.html

Vikings were someone who sailed to America before Columbus.
ISIS are someone who cut off female clits and post gore on youtube.

i like eating cows, but i dont want cows to eat me. is that hypocrisy?

vikings did it for their people. isis does it for sky-daddy

Well. By "people" I suppose you mean "white people". If that is the case, why the fuck would they not romanticize the people who look like them, as opposed to the people doing these things TO them?

God, you have got to be about the stupidest wop-dago I have ever seen. Neck yourself, Le'monjello.

>despise Islamic terrorists
Despise someone raping your asshole/kids/wife while you pay for it and then you get stabbed or killed, why would you ever?

BECAUSE CHRISTIANS DON'T GET TO CENSOR HISTORY LIKE THE PROTO-COMMUNISTS THEY ARE ANYMORE!

I didn't read news about vikings raids to great britain everyday.

>Saying so little with so many words

We also 'glorify' pirates, ninjas, and mongol barbarians.

Would you care to take a guess as to why?

I would presume because they have unique characteristics which make them appeal as one-dimensional characters.

Additionally, they don't exist anymore (except pirates, I suppose), and therefore glorifying them bears no consequences on the actions of those in the present.

Because they are our ancestors dumbfuck. The hypocrisy is that (((them))) want one side to be tribal and have be proud of their history while the other side is not allowed.

But who was Normans?

Who was Danelaw?

Who was Vangarian Guard?

Who was Harald Hardrada?

Who was Rus?

Etc,etc,etc.

Because Anglos/Scandinavians/etc. have a habbit of mistakingly identifying the outcasts of their societies who raid because they were thrown out with their society. Viking comes from several words, some of the are for pirate, some are for trash (the saxons called their vikings Keel). BTW, most vikings are nothing like Islamists. They raided at most a few months, found a small village in Russia/Ireland assimilated into the culture and left nothing but the occasional genetic marker on Y chromosomes. The """Vikings""" who did raiding professionally didn't do for Oden, Tyr, or Thor (most of their roles were as protector god's/god of knowledge/god of agriculture in actual Norse society), they did it for money (like the outcasts did), or as part of tribal conflicts.

ISIS skinned a 12 year old girl alive for leaving the house without male permission

Stop it with this gay propaganda campaign that was probably planned in a /leftypol/ Discord

It won't work you fucking idiots

This. Back then it was a warrior's world. People admire Viking for their fierceness and intelligence, not for raping and murdering. Today, we live in a civilized world, and Muslim terrorists are still raping and pillaging and trying to force their stone-age ideology on people.

The Vikings were not just pillagers.

Case in point: in East Anglia, before the Norse took over, only one settlement could have been considered a town. But soon after the Norse took power, urban population and trade expanded to such a degree that East Anglia had three towns. This pattern repeated itself in other parts of England, as well as the towns created in Ireland (such as Dublin.)

The Vikings also operated an extensive trade network in the East that ran from Scandinavia down to Constantinople and beyond. A substantial number of settlements were also erected here, such as Kiev.

Mudslimes, on the other hand, seem more likely to tear down your cities than build them.

Because Vikings aren't around to want to kill us in specific, you tremendous faggot.