Why do people hate the 2011 adaptation of Hunter x Hunter?

I thought it was very well received? Now I hear a lot of people here bash it.

Other urls found in this thread:

twolongfourtwitlonger.wordpress.com/2014/12/21/hxh-99-hxh-2011-btw/
youtube.com/watch?v=-vln9PFIEdk
youtube.com/watch?v=l8pD9axPmcw
youtube.com/watch?v=FEHeJMEh_4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=93cOLm4Zp7I
ebookjapan.jp/ebj/146494/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's overrated everywhere except Sup Forums, and underrated on here. 2011fags confuse art style with animation quality and writing quality with adaption quality, and probably just like it because it's newer. It's way better than you can usually hope for in a battle shounen adaption, especially such a long series, but it's uninspired in comparison to 99 and screwed up Kite's intro and some other things. But a few fuck ups and mediocre direction/animation doesn't really warrant the sort of vitriolic hatred 99fags have of it either in my opinion, the manga is better than both either way.

Just curious, how is the 99 version of Hunter x Hunter more inspired?

twolongfourtwitlonger.wordpress.com/2014/12/21/hxh-99-hxh-2011-btw/

It's just a meme. Most people realize it's the superior adaptation.

It's an above average WSJ adaptation but not a replacement for the manga that it gets treated as. A lot of of retards shit up the threads with retarded questions because they didn't read the manga from the start.

>blogshit
how about no

Just skim the fucking pictures, you don't have to read a word of it. It's self evident from looking at the screenshot comparisons.

>Why do people hate the 2011 adaptation of Hunter x Hunter?

Are you retarded? It was fucking amazing. Just because 2 retards share a different opinion than you doesn't mean the complete adaptation is shit. Also why do you even care?

Fucking newfags who watched 2 anime recommended by their facebook friends think this is the best shit ever made.

>It's another thinly veiled 99 vs 11 shitposting thread

summarizes my feelings towards the issue well.

It looks ugly and washed out and they changed elements for no reason. It's also a very bland and uninspired adaptation, especially when 99 came out before it and was a lot more creative.
It's not amazing or garbage but it's pretty mediocre and the worst way to go through the series.
I still really don't understand why they changed Gon and Kite's relationship so much, it's so nonsensical, episode 76 is mostly filler so it's obviously not even a pacing issue.

I agree.

Mostly because it put very little effort adapting shit.

Because 2011fags like to treat it as a replacement for the manga and it's really not. It makes matters worse when 2011fags participate in manga discussions where they tend to not understand what anyone is talking about, because they relied solely on an uninspired adaptation that over-simplified the story and uses its own interpretation on top of that, and don't want to accept the fact that the interpretation they took from may be wrong.

It's shit

Excellent adaptation of the manga

Definitive version.

Manga > 11 > 99

What I don't get is why they are bitching so much when you can see that there is more focus/implication in 1 fucking episode if this thing than there is in 20 episodes of OP this Show is literally in the Top 1% of adaptation (0.1% given Togashi shitty drawing).
When I see berserk CGI I want to murder them because there is a reason unlike this bunch of edgelord

You are just making shit up, I only watched 2011 and I have been in plenty of discussions about HxH on this board without a problem. Honestly, why are 99fags and mangafags so full of themselves? All you guys fucking talk about is how you are better than people like me for some dumb ass reason. If you guys stopped jerking each other off in every thread there wouldn't be any shitposting problems.

retards

Kys

This.

>2011fags like to treat it as a replacement for the manga

They don't. It's autistics trying to fling shit.

Killua is cute!

>posting 11fags second favorite anime

It was well received sure but it's lacks a lot of what made 99 great, namely a much stronger identity and visual flare. It's still good because, let's face it, Hunter x Hunter is a great series in any instance, but the way it gets paraded around as a masterpiece typically irks fans of the original. It's closer to the manga, sure, but I'd argue it's better to have a director with an original vision for the series than one who operates by-the-panel. Plus the so called filler in 99 is actually fucking good and adds quite a bit; I felt like there was a lot more time-wasting material in 11.

Basically 11 is good, really good and you're not at all wrong for liking it, but it does lack what made 99 so special for its fans.

Bump

In 99 the only good arcs were Hunter Exam and Yorkshin. Tower of Heaven was full of censorship and Greed Island had awful animation.

Does the truth hurt? They do do this, and after they get confused over something and you tell them to go read the whole manga because 2011 didn't either skipped over it, or it didn't divulge the information in a way that made it understandable they'll get mad and blame the manga.

I wasn't denying it.

I like 2011. I don't care if others don't.

The hate is extremely exaggerated on Sup Forums because 99fags are jealous and insecure that it's more popular than their very favorite adaptation, and mangafags want to act like any criticism leveled at HxH is because 2011 just adapted it poorly or that anyone who disagrees with them only does so because they're an animefag.

The only way to get 11turds to finally kill themselves is for Togashi to fill entire chapters with exposition instead of a couple of pages.

I want to rape Killua with a rake

>shadows & light sources?
>The suck is a SUN?
>hol up, so you're sayin things have shading & aren't just 1 color?
>Shiiieeeet, nah ima paintbucket all of this

Sasuga 2011 sama tachi

He's cuter when you break him

>Why do people
Only a loud obsessive minority in Sup Forums who's seen the 1999 one

I read the manga but I still liked how they adapted York Shin and Chimera Ants
Other than generally toning down the violence and murders Hisoka does to the audience in Heaven's arena, are their more changes I don't know about

Because they watched the 99 version and noticed how horrible the remake actually was. I'm marathoning the older version right now and the difference in quality is astounding. Especially art direction and the soundtracks.

>but I still liked how they adapted York Shin
disturbing

sorry but 2011 had better music than 99s

imma kill u nigga, dont touch my killu

>liking generic music

underage

Not really. And 99 doesn't interrupt the last scene of every fucking episode with the fucking ending.

This OPM had the same treatment

>sorry but 2011 had better music than 99s

>generic
youtube.com/watch?v=-vln9PFIEdk
youtube.com/watch?v=l8pD9axPmcw

youtube.com/watch?v=FEHeJMEh_4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=93cOLm4Zp7I

I know the last one is a badly cropped youtube video, but just to show as an example on how well 2011 handled Gyro's story and the Rose bomb
The music is great, well placed, and the narration is great when you actually hear it and the music just compliments it. The only issue I have with it is how overused that track can be

I like 99 better but i don't hate 2011. Each had some good and some bad just as FMA.

On my opinion, the only shot they did wrong was kite introduction, he was supposed to be the reason why gon wants to become a hunter

Contrarian cunts.

It's fucking shit.

Thanks for proving his point.

>I thought it was very well received?
If you mean Japan then no. It was never well received there.

how did I prove his point?

The 99 animation is way better from an aesthetic point of view, but the current anime industry doesn't care about quality.

Is there any current show that doesn't looks like PowerPoint?

Story-wise, I prefer 11.

But HxH is fujo bait, how did they screwed that?

Do you just only watch bad anime or what?

Dude, you have to accept that current jap animation is either PowerPoint or cursed with CGI, with some exceptions of course.

It's not something like 'ayy you don't know good anime like I do lel'.

>implying he missed my heart

Oh look I somehow transported the heart I ripped out of your chest into a bag.

the bag was made from the torn short the guy was wearing
and that scene was good in 2011 because it emphasized how precise and ruthless Killua was as an assasin
He left no nasty mess like the 1999 one

I'd rather see the human organ like I did in the manga.

Then read the manga you piece of shit.

>leaving a nasty mess
>precise

Killua broke himself.

Not really, and to be honest 2011 didn't utilize it's soundtrack correctly nor did the soundtrack really fit the series.

Who gives a shit?

Nips have the same complaints as Sup Forums, oddly enough. To them 2011 is a largely uninspired adaptation to the point that you could call it a cash grab. It attempts to copy the manga yet still fails to get the point.

Inferior visuals
Inferior soundtrack
Inferior direction
Rushed pacing
Censored as hell
Spawned an awful fanbase in the West

Greed Island is not from 99 anime

>Tower of Heaven was full of censorship
And 2011 was even worse in that regard. Your point?

Also increased the Madhousewank.

less censored than '99, though.

It didn't take out an entire fight. Besides the Gon vs Hisoka fight wasn't done justice in 99.

The OVAs are part of the same continuity.

I've watched 2011 and read the manga, and I love both.

It sounds like 99 is worth checking out. Am I right? Basically, I just want more HxH because it's probably my favorite battle shounen ever.

They have their strengths, 99 probably more than 11, but honestly they both suck in different ways. If only the manga was colored.

Yeah. Don't bother with 99' Greed Island though. Actually i'm not even sure if it truly is part of the 99 version, it's so different.

Comparing the manga and anime is pointless, comics and cartoons are two entirely different medias. Reading the source material of every series should be mandatory really anyway.

>If only the manga was colored.
There is a colored edition, but it hasn't been translated yet, and probably never will be either

ebookjapan.jp/ebj/146494/

I'm still bummed that 11 fucked up Greed Island's pacing. It's my favorite arc and they got the atmosphere and design right, only to plow through it to get to CA.

Its definetly overall better than the 1999, but 2011 sometimes is too rushed in pacing (1999 was WAY too slow pacing)

The soundtracks are generic and often poorly used (However the 1999 has terrible sound effects and mixing)

When 1999 is animated well, it looks better than 2011, but the average episode looks worse generally with a blander color pallete, and often less creative shots.

It's a very shitty coloring to be honest.

At least they nailed the dodgeball game

99 has a better color palette and more creative shots than 11 mate.

Would kurapika be able to use all his chains on hisoka?

I doubt it, because the properties of rubber and gum would stick to the chains and then repel them.

>less censored than '99, though.

>chrollo is cute even when he's horribly mutilated
Based Togashi

>look ma I can cherrypick!

>blander color pallete, and often less creative shots

the comparison between 11 and 99 is basically like what tv are doing with bvs and cw

The palette IS blander. Being dark and gritty or having more shadowing isn't related to the palette.

Can't we just agree that they were both good? Some parts of 99 were better than 11 and some parts of 11 were better than 99

>blander color pallete, and often less creative shots

Nah, dude. We gotta fanboy like the manchildren we are.

Are you retarded and blind? 99 has a more colorful palette while being dark and 2011 has a washed out palette while being bright.

No. 2011 is mediocre at best and a pointless remake.

bump