What would you think of universal housing or housing as a right?

WHo the fuck cares about illegal immigrants when we have shit like this.

housing as a right does not necessitate universal housing in the same way that the right to bear arms does not mean everyone gets a free gun

We have the law in finland, that there can't be homeless, everyone should have a home and guberment have to provide one, if they don't have.

Still there are over 2000 homeless people in souther finland for various reasons, mostly because they are too destructive to put in a house, but not criminal enought to put in jail.

Some people are just that way and no laws or rights make it better.

That's what welfare exists for. There is no reason to be homeless

Venice in CA tried it. Want to guess what happens when you put a homeless person in a home? Of course, being a dumbass commie you are so dumb you have no clue.

reffering to "privileges" as "rights" is a shitty tactic to guilt people into doing some stupid government action

that being said, there is no reason such a gratuitously wealthy nation like the US should allow its own citizens to live in poverty

charity doesn't need to be mandated in a decent society. you fix the culture, the rest will follow

Yes, everyone should have a house, even if for some people the government provided house is only slightly larger than their body and has no windows and is underground

In that sense one could reasonably assert that the 4th Amendment is exactly that. Your right to your home.

Most of these cretins would take the take the house they're given and strip it of anything they could sell to buy drugs and alcohol and eventually end up on the street again.

LOL. Good one.

Just build some fucking commie block out in wyoming and let them fend for themselves

Yes, it's a good idea. We called it gulag instead of universal housing tho.

i live in a town with a sizable homeless population, most of them are just passing through, ive talked to a few of them, a lot are voluntarily homeless for the freedom it gives them, taking odd jobs to get the necessities.

if you arent born rich you have 2 choices in the USA, be a wagecuck in a system that fucks you over as a byproduct, or be homeless and risk asshole cop/crazy hobo encounters.

im on the fence as to which is better desu

That's not how rights work. Your rights do not come from society but from your own intrinsic humanity or god if you are so inclined. You have every right to build a house on a piece of land that has hither to been unclaimed. You do not have the right to demand from society a house be built for you. And if you think you do say hello to living in a fucking hex pod in some factory that makes hex pods, slave.

How about the right of each useless piece of shit on the streets to receive a bullet? I'm in support of that. In EVERY FUCKING CITY we have public and private programs to get these useless subhumans back into the work force and into a house. They are too drugged up, too stupid, too lazy, too entitled. Fear of death makes a great fucking motivator and helps a person focus on getting their ass back into productive mode.
Fuck your "rights" to free shit. Get off your ass and earn it, or get off my fucking planet!

I wouldn't if it was possible for people to build their own houses where they wanted to with materials they've gathered. But it isn't even if you own the land local government dictates what you can build there and how you can build it.

Homeless people live on the streets because they want to. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I have yet to meet a homeless person who isn't either a
Drug addict/mentally ill/dysfunctional.

They all have somewhere they can be, but they don't. The system has more than enough options to house these people, feed them etc. They also almost all have families that they have just totally neglected and ruined relationships with.

Pretty much every major city has veterans homes, my city has a huge one and hundreds of them live there. The ones on the street can go there too, but they don't.

If the house turns out to be a gas chamber, yes

I like you.

>hey what if whenever someone wanted something but didn't want to work for it we just forced the ones still willing to work to work for their own stuff and that too

It's a horrible fucking idea because it would be ran by the government and everything ran by them is fucking HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE IDEA IS HORRIBLE REEEEEE

Nobody's preventing them from buying a house.

I think anyone who even thinks about it should be publicly executed as a warning to future generations.

Why would you want to ruin wyoming? It's a beautiful state.

Because it would have the least impact on people

I would sure love to get other people to pay for my nice little suburban home with a garden and a white fence.

Joke aside, I think all welfare program should be cancelled and everyone should be granted free soup and a place in a dorm.

Everyone should have a house. The way to make that happen is kick out all the rapefugees and regulate the fuck out of the housing prices. Fix the mortgage scam and substantially lower the price of entry level housing.
As someone that's slowly starting to look around for my own house at age 27, it's fucking impossible to find a decent house for reasonable money at the moment.

Seems like the elites should be executed, the bankers hanged, the communists shot, the boomers gutted, and whatever else stands in the way of a man making a decent honest living.