Is meditation blue pilled or red pilled?

Science seems to support a ton of benefits for meditation such as
> more grey matter in brain
> more gamma rays in brain
> decreased sleep need
> mood regulator
> increased pain tolerance
> improved memory and learning
> less stress, better immunity

But most of the times I see guys who meditate regularly they all seem like a bunch of pussies
> physically weak
> low T
> preaching gay shit like everyone is equal
> muh "I'm not religious but I'm spiritual"
> posts yoga pictures on social media
> sometimes vegan

Is this a case of causation vs. correlation?
Does meditation somehow make you more of a pussy?
Is mediation blue pilled or red pilled?
Is meditation secretly red pilled but attracts a bunch of drugged out blue pilled pussies for some reason?

Help me out Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

liveanddare.com/benefits-of-meditation/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_wave
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's the ultimate Red Pill.

It's the ultimate blue pill.

Meditation and looking inward is the one thing they don't want you to do.

Why do you think all the abrahamic religions worship external entities or dieties. Why do you think we're constantly bombarded with stimuli in the form of TV or Radio or News or any of that other shit.

It's all to keep you in a trance where your brain is operating at a lower vibrational level. so you don't think about things like consciousness or meditation or the big picture.

Meditation is amazing.

>those id's tho

? wut about them?

its sitting around doing nothing while muds rape your country dead, its pretty blue pilled

Ugh... These fucked up people are loud and brag about everything they do. They will repeat all the labels they can come up with. Regular people who meditate don't talk about it. It is a subject you do not want to fucking talk about with a person who doesn't care about it.

Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know what leads you forward and what holds you back and choose the path that leads to wisdom.

True. Very true. Meditation is a personal experience.

It's very hard to meditate properly. Most of my meditations are still vanity.

Also, Asians have the highest IQs and they all have long traditions of meditation. Is that a good sign then?

>more gamma rays in brain
That's a bad thing user.

>Why do you think all the abrahamic religions worship external entities or dieties. Why do you think we're constantly bombarded with stimuli in the form of TV or Radio or News or any of that other shit.
What is prayer? Forget the way moderns do religion. There is nothing more reflective than prayer. Purge false desires, and meditate on the attributes of God. We are made in his image. Screw that mind-emptying Eastern meditation.

Meditation helps you differentiate between your ego and your intuitive side.

Doing what feels right

vs.

Doing what you THINK is right

The ego and your intuition must work in harmony.

Yeah or maybe meditation is more common in their culture.

If you meditate for ANY of the reasons OP mentioned you are a bluepilled normie.

meditation is literally nothing more than just focusing on your breathing while thinking about nothing. it's hard to think about nothing because when you realize you have emptied your mind you are joyful, and this leads you to lose your focus.

It's redpilled as fuck to be able to meditate properly. Bluepill is not being able to control your thoughts and emotions. Redpill is. Meditation is redpilled no doubt.

>one arm resting on leg
>one arm up

Wouldn't that knot up your shoulders/neck after a while?

Meditation is the key to it all, honestly. The Sup Forums cycle of hatred doesn't exactly get us anywhere further except deeper into reactionary bullshit. At the end of the day you aren't going to have a loyal wife and some white kids if you aren't introspecting and removing the filth of propaganda from yourself in the first place.

Study the Tao to learn more about finding unity in the universe of duality we live in.

>Science seems to support a ton of benefits for meditation such as
>> more grey matter in brain
>> more gamma rays in brain
>> decreased sleep need
>> mood regulator
>> increased pain tolerance
>> improved memory and learning
>> less stress, better immunity
WRONG

The goal of meditation is to shut off the unnecessary, redundant, and negative processes occurring in your subconscious and replacing them with more productive instincts.

The only redpill way of meditating is praying the Rosary

Dunno but it helps me and made me who I am today. It's definitely beneficial and some weird shit. If I'm deep in meditation my breathing slows and eventually I do not require air and just exist. Sounds crazy I know but it pulled me out of suicidal thoughts back in high school. When I started meditating I was in deep thinking about it and...well you can believe it or not I heard a voice in my head not my own. Commanding "Then just do it already" and from that one phrase I changed for the better and never went back.

Meditation is good for you.

You can choose to listen to my story or not but it helped me

meditation is a loaded term and conjures images of spiritual nonsense. just do breathing exercises. take deep breaths and focus entirely on your breathing. have your entire focus be on that for a while as you regulate it and take deeper and deeper breaths, and manage to have your exhalation take longer as well.

this will cause you to experience sensory deprivation, because your mind is typically used to receiving tons of sense data. the mind then tries to avoid this sense deprivation by "proposing" all sorts of things for you to think about which are far more interesting than just focusing on breathing. it'll say, think about this, and think about that, and herein lies the challenge. you have to say "no thanks" to these proposals and keep focusing on breathing. regulate it. notice the cool air as it rushes down your nostrils, and how its warm on the way out. visualize your lungs filling up and emptying. you'll want to start thinking about life or w/e bullshit because you think that's what you're supposed to do, but just focus on breathing. that's it. Don't suppress thoughts that emerge, only say "no thanks" to them.

try to take deeper breaths, and maybe even start counting seconds to see how deep the breaths are. be cautious that your mind might be distracted away from focusing on breathing by the counting

in about 10 minutes, the mind exhausts its "offers" for other shit to think about, and you can easily just concentrate on breathing, and be ok with your mind receiving and processing such little info. In this way, the mind "clears its cache," so to speak. all these thoughts that were at the back of your mind without you noticing get deleted.

This.
Science only support meditation as one possible addition to stress therapy, provided it works for you.
Also, lol @ gamma rays in brain.

pt. 2

once you stop the breathing exercise, and open your eyes and go about your day, your mind can now focus 100% of its energies on one thing. anxiety goes away, because it turns out its just the minds inability to focus, in the same way your computer will freeze up if too many programs run in the background.

the best feeling is when you open your eyes, after having been used to the sense deprivation, and having all this info rush in on you. It's awe inspiring. truly. that's the word for it. awe.

One thing you can do to up the ante after you get this down is to try to do the breathing exercizes in places where there's a lot of noise, lots of distractions. there it will take that much more will power to concentrate your focus on just the breathing. it trains you well for concentration. it makes it so you can think about one thing with 100% of your mental powers even as everything around you is in chaos, because you've learned to control what your mind can focus on.

liveanddare.com/benefits-of-meditation/

The studies are listed

never meditating is like having a jar full of cloudy water that you never stop shaking. When you stop shaking the jar, you see all the individual grains as they settle, and then your mind is clear and ready to take on new tasks.

Meditation is thinking without judging, it's how to break out of a reactionary cycle. Anyone can do it, it is free, and it helps you control your mind. What is the downside?

Set a timer for 10 minutes, commit yourself to just existing until the alarm goes off. During that time, just focus on the air coming in and out of your nose. If you have another thought, don't react frustrated thinking "i'll never meditate at this rate", instead when you have a distracting thought, acknowledge that it appeared and let it pass by as you return your focus to your breathing. It's okay to have random thoughts, that is just the sediment settling. Your thoughts are merely passing by you, they can only stay if you focus on them. Focus on your breathing. Just breathe. The time will pass before you know it (It's going to pass anyway and you'll probably fuck around for at least 10 minutes today). Examine how it affects your mood without judgement. Just think without judgement.

Good luck user

A+

Something else you can do is body scans, where you focus on just the top of your head, then your eyes, ears, lips, jaw, back of the head, etc all the way down to your toes and then back up your body. That's an advanced technique to try.

empty mind is the key to all of it.

>Le meditation AKA demonic possession meme

How about no?

If you'd like to learn more about the reality we live in please visit this thread.

I meditate once a day in the direction of the sun. Once it starts raining everyday I stop doing it as frequently and I usually regret doing so.
It's more of the calming my mind of distraction so I can pray properly.

Red and blue corresponding

You mean Gamma Waves?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_wave

Demonic possession?

oh shit. hahahahah. What a sign.

Doesn't mean they aren't junk, as 99% of studies in health sciences are complete gargabe.

Moar

It's blue pilled

It is an exercise to train you to ignore your emotions, thus becomes more like a drug. You lose the ability to be passionate about something, because you train yourself to be able to detach yourself from something.

It is a very counter intuitive practice if you enjoy being a fucking human.

Meditation serves no purpose.
t. Buddhist.

You're retarded. And you know nothing about it.

If the woman is naked then its "bluepilled". It gives you a boner.

>studies
Studies are the most unreliable method to claim something.

Could you elaborate on this?

Please elaborate

>Demonic possession
Yes, meditation is like opening the door of your soul to deamons.

>hurr durrf I'm going looking inside my self, derp, dorp durp...

Is a fucking wate of time! One should be go outside and having fun...but instead you are sitting there...doing nothing.

Only mental illy fags who needs to believe in shitty misticism to escape their faggy reality need doing meditation.

Says the jew.

>thinking about nothing

That's not what meditation is, nor how it works. This is a huge misconception.

Meditation is simply being aware of what is going on in your mind. Thinking about nothing implies you're actively trying to suppress whatever thoughts or feelings are buzzing in your mind.

Meditation is noticing the 3rd "eye" or "person" that is aware of your thoughts and feelings. You can't think about "nothing," because that is thinking about something.

You have all these thoughts and feelings that constantly buzz and bubble about in your mind, and the more you meditate and get experienced at it, you will notice that there is a 'space' between the thoughts in your mind. You will notice this naturally, and that 'space' gets longer and longer. This is not 'thinking about nothing' because it is not a forced zombified state of suppressing thoughts and emotions, when done properly, it is 'emptiness', which is just another way or being 100% present, where you are experiencing reality for what it is instead of in duality.

That's why sex with a feminine, loving woman have such a profound 'grounding' effect on a man. They can bring you to the present moment 100%.

tl;dr: meditation trains you to become familiar with being present and living in the moment. So if you're a strong guy who lifts and works on himself, meditation will make your personality more vibrant, present, and therefore, charismatic. Don't write it off because faggots meme it up with their faggotry. Meditation is redpilled.

I've practiced it, you retard

I suppose your life consists of working mon-fri to gather enough money for drinks/drugs on fri/sat and relax on the tv on sunday because you are wasted and annoyed to be working the next day?

psysical excersises are for training body and maintaining shape.
meditation is training of mind.

>But most of the times I see guys who meditate regularly they all seem like a bunch of pussies
They just claim they do in an attempt to seem like they have a unique personality.

Prayer is a form of mediation.

>meditation

Why did you choose this pic? This woman is absorbing subspace attention rays.

You are doing to wrong then.

Meditation is meant to observe your thoughts and feelings and fully experience the moment.

The way your emotions influence your thoughts and your thoughts the emotions, how every thought and emotion passes.

Meditation is meant to help you understand the processes of your mind and enjoying/influencing the feelings long term, BECAUSE they are going to pass.

So what you should meditate for?

There are bluepill cults like transcendental meditation stuff, too.

t. nemoy

Sounds like what I experience on weed.

>M-MUH EMOTIONS

There's meditation and then there's "meditation".
It's similar to lifting and "lifting".
One is an activity for used on self improvement and the other is merely self mastubatory for weak individuals who no sense of self.

Yes. And thus you separate yourself from the moment because you begin seeing it from a third perspective. You separate yourself from your emotional being, thus unable to identify with the emotions themselves.

It is an incredibly pacifying practice and the end game is being just a pleb who has no emotions at all.

Self-actualization

This.

I think it depends.

Sitting on your yoga mat looking out from the hip yoga studio in SoHo is pretty gay shit brah.

Going out to the middle of the desert or forest or whatever environment you live in cooking a fresh meal out in the middle of nowhere for yourself and your based canine companion and taking in the moment and reading a few passages from whatever pre-socratic philosopher you're reading from at the time.

>> more gamma rays in brain
What the fuck are you even talking about?

Don't try to meditate until you learn how to properly breathe.

>gamma rays

Why, oh why, did anyone reply to this shithread?

Red pilled only if you workout.

I do BJJ, and meditate regularly.. helps me control my breath. I'm also that spiritual peaceful guy.. but if you fuck with me, I'll take your arm home with me, or choke you with your own shirt.

Fucking this. real meditation is great for you, but the kind of feel good new age crapped championed by the weak is garbage.

Publish or perish has lead to an environment where the number of publications matters more than their quality, and the quality in life sciences has gone down so much that most papers in them are more or less at the same calibre of a high school student project.

Never trust a study from a life scientist, psychologist, psychiatrist etc. except when they are publishing something ground breaking (i.e. a new machine , a new method that can be explained by derivation from physical rules etc.).

These anons get it. I did some meditation for a few months, and it made quite the difference. I'd just lay in bed, relax, and focus on doing a low hum whenever my mind felt clouded. When my mind was empty, I'd stop the hum.

>One should be go outside and having fun

And buying things. You forgot buying things

well deserved repeating numbers

Meditation is the ultimate Red Pill. Contrary to popular belief, meditation is NOT about NOT THINKING. This is a Western misunderstanding of what meditation is really about. What meditation is really about is FOCUSING your mind, NOT emptying your mind of all thoughts. It's impossible for the average person to empty his or her mind of all thoughts, since the very NATURE of the mind is to think thoughts. So what meditation is about is SILENCING the 'chatter' of your mind, because the average person's mind is CONSTANTLY immersed in many thoughts - each of which appears in that person's mind WITHOUT that person's control. So what expert meditators do is that they make their mind ONE-POINTED when they meditate. What this means is that they think ONLY ONE THOUGHT while they're meditating (to the exclusion OF ALL OTHER THOUGHTS) and they keep this single thought in their mind for a prolonged period of time (like an hour, for example). The single thought should be something simple (like a white dot, for example). This technique is about DISCIPLINING your mind. Check out Ramana Maharshi's stuff. He knew all about the 'one-pointedness of the mind' style of meditation.

Follow your heat not your logic.

>We should import everyone into our country and give them free healthcare and subsidize everything.

>Aaaah I am so enlightened

Don't run as exercise. I've always intuitively felt that running is an unnatural type of exercise for us humans and this was confirmed when I found out that some guy died from a heart attack shortly after running in a marathon. We don't need to run for exercise, walking for long distances is a better type of exercise than running. Consider this: The slowest creatures tend to be the longest-living creatures. For example, turtles can live for over a hundred years.

"Many illustrations could be given of the mathematical relationship between man's respiratory rate and the variations in his states of consciousness. A person whose attention is wholly engrossed, as in following some closely knit intellectual argument, or in attempting some delicate or difficult physical feat, automatically breathes very slowly. Fixity of attention depends on slow breathing; quick or uneven breaths are an inevitable accompaniment of harmful emotional states: fear, lust, anger. The restless monkey breathes at the rate of 32 times a minute, in contrast to man's average of 18 times. The elephant, tortoise, snake and other animals noted for their longevity have a respiratory rate which is less than man's. The tortoise, for instance, who may attain the age of 300 years, breathes only 4 times per minute." - Paramahansa Yogananda

Running makes us breathe fast. Now tell me honestly that running is good for us. You can't!

In the ancient Sanskrit language of India, the word 'siddhi' means 'perfection'. In its most common usage, the word 'siddhi' refers to an ability that is a natural and inherent faculty of our true identities as eternally alive souls. The soul is smaller than an atom and larger than the universe. The soul is infinitely small and infinitely large. The soul is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. The soul is the storehouse of ALL ENERGY, ALL POWER AND ALL STRENGTH. The soul is PURE CONSCIOUSNESS. The soul possesses ALL siddhis and there are an INFINITE number of siddhis. Among all of these siddhis, there are considered to be eight major siddhis. Siddhis can be awakened through a variety of methods. In Patanjali's Yoga Sutras IV.1, it is stated:

"Siddhis may be attained through birth, the use of herbs, incantations, self-discipline or samadhi."

Here is a list of the eight major siddhis (in no particular order):

Laghima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as light as you want.

Garima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as heavy as you want.

Mahima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as large as you want.

Anima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as small as you want.

Prapti siddhi: Having unrestricted access to any and/or all places.

Prakamya siddhi: Fulfillment of whatever you desire.

Isitva siddhi: Control over any and/or all of the laws of nature.

Vasitva siddhi: Being able to control any and/or all beings.

"A man is a god in ruins. When men are innocent, life shall be longer, and shall pass into the immortal, as gently as we awake from dreams." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

This.

Meditation is nust sitting in quite. Lightly touching on thoughts an letting it go.

Teach me how to awaken my siddhis, Rajendra.

We ought to remember who and what EVERYONE REALLY IS - Pure Consciousness, which is INFINITE AND ETERNAL, experiencing life in a temporary human form. You can do ANYTHING YOU WANT TO DO and you can be ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BE. They want us to think that the average person is powerless to positively change the world, but the TRUTH is that we have INFINITE POWER - both individually AND collectively. There's only one of us here. If you hit yourself on the head with a baseball bat, they'll put you in a mental hospital, yet that's EXACTLY what people are doing on a global scale. You can call Pure Consciousness 'God' if you want, but I don't because the word 'God' has religious connotations that I would rather avoid. Religion is the McDonald's of spirituality.

What we need to do is to raise our level of consciousness, both individually AND collectively. If even one person raises his or her level of consciousness, it has a ripple effect that benefits EVERYONE ELSE, even if they don't believe any of this stuff - and this is because 'reality' itself is HOLOGRAPHIC in nature. One of the ways that they have manipulated us so deeply for so long is by suppressing our sense of the possible. What we call 'reality' is COMPLETELY ILLUSORY and thus MALLEABLE - and they KNOW THIS, while most other people do NOT. EVERYTHING IS ILLUSORY, EXCEPT PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ITSELF. NOTHING is impossible in a universe that is ILLUSORY TO BEGIN WITH. People are AWAKENING to a MORE EXPANDED CONCEPTION of the world and life in general and this is a PROFOUNDLY GOOD THING. We owe it to our innate intelligence to QUESTION EVERYTHING and that includes EVERYTHING that I tell you. We have the power to transform this prison illusion into a PARADISE ILLUSION, so let's USE that power.

We're all one - and the beauty of this is that we don't have to be cucks despite this fact (and it IS a fact). We can STILL protect Western Civilisation and save the white race from extinction. We ought to embrace nationalist principles to protect Western Civilisation and save the white race from extinction even while REMEMBERING who and what WE REALLY ARE - Pure Consciousness (which is INFINITE AND ETERNAL) experiencing life in a temporary human form. Our TRUE STATE, our TRUE NATURE and our TRUE IDENTITY is Pure Consciousness and Pure Consciousness is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. We are SIMULTANEOUSLY one yet different in our oneness in much the same way that the waves of an ocean are one with that ocean but are also unique in and of themselves in that each wave has its own shape, speed and size. I think that's pretty neat. What we call 'reality' is HOLOGRAPHIC in nature, so we are in fact smaller versions of the whole (which you can call 'God', if you want). Every part of the whole contains the whole and, to be more accurate, IS the whole. And just as a drop of water contains the same qualities as an entire ocean of water, we likewise contain all that exists within us - but merely on a smaller scale. From unconditional love we ALL sprang and to unconditional love we ALL return. There is no death, only transference of consciousness. There are no answers, only choices. There are no hallucinations, only shifts in perception. There are no laws, only habits. There are no coincidences, only synchronicities. There are no truths, only experiences. There is no separateness, only oneness. Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but my message shall NEVER pass away. The message is more important than the messenger.

I might go to the himilayas and do a month with monks out there. what you think guys?>

Yo chill on the peyote dog, I know your inner abo can't help it.

I dunno but X-Rays are used in genetics for chromosomal rearrangements and gamma rays are even stronger. Meditation seems like a waste of time.

I didnt know dr brommer posted on Sup Forums

>It is an incredibly pacifying practice and the end game is being just a pleb who has no emotions at all.

It's not about pacification nor is it about the removal of your emotions, it is about controlling your emotions so that your emotions do not cloud your judgement. Meditation is the best medication.

Sauce?

what are some tell tale differences between the two?

you're making a classic error

>but most of the times I see guys who meditate regularly they all seem like a bunch of pussies

First, I don't think you're actually watching guys meditate, right? Probably not. So what you really mean is

>But most of the time, the guys who tell me about them meditating seem like a bunch of pussies

People who meditate and aren't doing it to virtue signal won't be broadcasting the fact that they meditate to you and so you would have no reason to know that they do it. You are conflating people who bring up their meditation habits with all people who meditate, most of whom are not likely to bring it up.

It is neither red pilled nor blue pilled.

You cannot expect to learn much about the value of an action that is done in private by examining the type of people who feel the need to take private actions and boast about them.

I cannot site an example off the top of my head, but it is not uncommon for successful people to mention meditation (in some form or another) in their biographies. I would start by looking at biographies of people you consider redpilled, because that is the appropriate place for people to be sharing their private thoughts and actions. Not in conversation, where again, only complete blue pilled narcissists will talk about subjects like this

The real miracle is not to walk on water, but to walk on Earth. Still wanna walk on water though.

kek

Nu age bullshit

Siddhis are real though. My family members are devotees of Sathya Sai Baba. He cut my hair when I was a baby. He passed away in 2011. It was Sathya Sai Baba who convinced me that siddhis are real. I remember once seeing the word 'SAI' written on the dust on top of my television and no-one else but me was in my home at that time and I didn't do that. Things like that make me a believer.

Actually, they may be possible. But impossibly difficult to achieve. I have only gone to one of the vipassanna camps, and they start with the very basics. I encourage you to look into it, there might be one in your state.