twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No one.

Chaika?

b-but it's the manga a-and ln.

links:
twitter.com/yenpress/status/733705200268103681

Tried to read this shit.
Focus on "tried".
It was boring as hell, and cliché as fuck. Can't believe I endured almost 7 volumes before giving up. Never again.

Cliche though it may be, it's not poorly done like this seasons Hundred (I only watch the first episode, sorry if it did a 540 to make a comeback).

Aw shit. Death March getting localized? Yen Press aside I'm gladd. Been reading this for a while.

Can't wait to read about the Loli Food God on his sight-seeing tour around a Magical World.

That said, feels weird that YP would pick this up.
Wait, is it getting an anime soon? Or do they actually think it'll do well in the west?

This. For me this was even worse than Re:Monster, because, differently from Re:M, I actually got expectations out of Death March.
And then, they were utterly trampled once I realized what kind of story Death March really was. "Story". Heh.

I dunno about this of all things getting an anime. It's too long, and I feel a anime would just butcher it to boost LN sales.

Their new partnership is probably responsible for that since it's highly popular in Japan.
Goblin Slayer - which is fairly new - was picked up as well, but I've no clue about its popularity.

>I feel a anime would just butcher it to boost LN sales.

>What are Light Novel Anime adaptations?

Yeah, I sort of forgot about that. Kadokawa will probably push out more series with less care about whether or not there's a big enough niche in the US. Actually, they might just be trying to see what works and what doesn't, while also building interest in Light Novels.

I'm happy and all about the license of this since I always wanted to read the LN version of it.
But, I think it's about time they stopped licensing these trapped/transported/reincarnated in a game/other world setting novels and focus on something else again.

But it sells. Haven't you learned from SAO?

Try reading the LN, now that it's getting translated. Just give it a try, usually the LNs are way better than their WN counterparts.

>stopped licensing these trapped/transported/reincarnated in a game/other world setting novels
Eh, they haven't licensed THAT many compared to others, have they?

Their bigger names happen to be of that kind, but that really can't be helped. What's popular is popular, and what's popular is power fantasies.

For those who want to see how the Light Novel is:
miaomix539.wordpress.com/2015/09/17/hello-world-and-death-march-1-prologue/
The first two volumes have already been translated.
(Note: Double translation from Japanese -> Chinese -> English)

The series is fine though.

In my opinion, I think the WN does it better (except for the dog-kin children party that was added to the LN, that was cute).

Also just use novel updates links
novelupdates.com/series/death-march-kara-hajimaru-isekai-kyusoukyoku-ln/

There are still a lot of them, though.
NGNL, SAO, Re:Zero, Overlord, KonoSuba, Log Horizon, Death March. No clue if I forgot some.
Nearly half of these were recent licenses.

I could mention DanMachi as well since it's extremely similar and the only difference is simply the absence from the reincarnation/transportation part. But I won't do so since it doesn't fit the criteria completely. Well, I did mention it in the end, though.

May as well include Accel World.

fucking transported/reincarnation fantasy shit.
Where's my mecha LNs?

Can that also follow game logic?

You can have Knights and Magic.

:^)

Pretty much all of the 90s was mecha, not LNs, but it pretty much kill everything else mainstream in otaku culture.

They'll come back on a few years, but we're in the harem/fantasy transition stage.

I only hope that it doesn't kill the online translations like with Konosuba, importing this to Europe would be a bother and too costly for me.

Karina is best girl.

No. Only angst and war drama

But that's boring

Agreed. She really has me sold on the whole desuwa thing. I wonder if he will marry her with the elf and nun.

Oh, and please don't spoil. Still reading.

It probably won't affect Sousetsuka's translation since he's doing the WN, but the LN translation is pretty much already dead anyway so...

>But that's boring
>implying fantasy shit is not

We have enough angst and war drama.

No it's not.
I'm not going as far as saying it's worse than Re:Monster, like that other user did, but for me it's way worse than the second half of Tate no Yuusha.
And I absolutely abhorred that second half, apart from a few good characters (like best girl Atlas, her brother, Kiel, the whale girl, the mole girl, the mad scientist, etc...)

It is amusing how the Nun is almost as thirsty as Arisa and Nana.

>there are people who hate the story about a gourmet tour in a fantasy world
What the hell is wrong with you?

>you will never travel the world with an entourage of cute lolis.

I like her ~desuwa thing and her annoying kohai (as satou put it) personality, but it just throws me off how her tits always look like they're repelling each other.

>fantasy
there.

reality is boring

Never said that I hated it, just that it was utterly boring and overly-cliched.

>Slowpress

It takes them 1year to translate what a independent translator can do in a few months

>Fantasy RPG setting
>Reincarnation/transportation

I want this meme to end.

>gourmet tour

Recreating Moden Junkfood counts as gourmet?

Fucking hilarious.

The author is such a lazy ass that he can't be half assed to come up with fantasy food.

Everyone just dicksucks MC for recreating tempera instead.

Except MC is anti-lolicon.

Wait, YP picking up a series that hasn't been translated online yet? I might actually buy this one.

But I'm not.

>Wait, YP picking up a series that hasn't been translated online yet?
Uuuuuh

It's not exactly the first time, but what's most surprising is that Goblin Slayer only released in Japan this year. It's pretty much the most out-of-nowhere license they've had, I think.

Aw yes. Liza is hot.

>Nana
>thirsty

I mean how most of the stories they've picked up in the past already had fan translations.

Unless you mean something else.

Have you not read the series? She's super fucking thirsty.

Nana is only thirsty for young organisms, she hardly cared about Satou.

>lizard
Japan in charge of subtlety.

I thought it was established that Satou is just horrible with names?

Satou intentionally has terrible naming sense. If I recall, Pochi and Tama are also common dog and cat names in Japan, I think.

I really don't understand this kind of people, it is quite obvious what kind of story this was going to be, the MC even tells you directly, I don't know what kind of expectations people had but once the MC leaves his first city you should understand what kind of story this is, if you expect something else you're an idiot.

It's definitely the most surprising one like some user already said.
And it's not only that it has no translation, it doesn't even have a manga (well, it's starting in a few days in Japan).

That guy looks like a Dark Souls character

>satou rejects her and tell her he love the high elf
So fucking good, more MC should be like that

High elf a shit.

She's cute. But it kind of surprised me that Satou just kind of says he wants to marry her all of a sudden.

I wonder how much longer until the dragon god will finally appear in cute girl mode. The WN already has 450 chapter, we have to reach the endgame soon.

Nice aesthetics.

You a shit, she's best girl

>Satou wipes out the whole dragon race just stepping into the world
>Everyone says it's fine.

FUG
Sou is tl'ing the WN right?

They grow back, is fine, is fine.

What kills me is I'm about 100+ chapters in and nobody has noticed the dragons are gone or at least gone to check on them.

This shit gets an anime? Really?

Jesus christ it was so bad. Welp I am completely overpowered and have a harem let's not fuck them and also I am not greedy and am going to use my powers for good things because muh japanese norms.

Fuck.

As far as anyone is concerned the dragon god will revive and just create a bunch of new dragons.

Remember that dragon Vally has a barrier around it.

I think the important point is that there are massive craters all around the continent the dragons lived on and for some reason nobody is worried.

>dragon valley that not even the best knights in the world can walk 30 minutes without being mangled
>if you can make it near enough the dragon God may mistake you for a toothpick
I wonder why

Why be hype for anything in English?

It's either official releases that are late as fuck, or absolutely crappy machine translations from Chinese machine translations, that some schmuck edited a bit and acts like it's a gift to humanity.

Yay for disposable quick-cast spells!

The TL for this is actually pretty good.

Nana=Pochi >> Parion > *

>Tama
そうだにゃー。

How long until this and Shieldbro gets an anime?

Sousetsuka's almost definitely going to get a take down notice. Yen Press doesn't care whether its the LN or WN version. Plus he has LN pictures up with the corresponding WN chapters.

He's a bro, I hope he doesn't bend over like sky did.
He's also just 60 or so chapters behind.

Death March isn't the full title?

Right? I much prefer Desu Machi

I might get this, solely for Pochi and Tama.

How does anons like the daughter of the duke LN? The one that became social reformation the novel?

Which translated LNs are worth reading anons?

Iris is best girl.

I swear she got a MBA at least before she died in the human world.

All that competence is just so sexy. I guess the first prince is Ok.

These are ok

Thanks user!

The nekomimi priest girl on the 1st row, mind sharing the English name so we can find the translations?

The maid?

She is like a cute little Chihuahua.

Magadala?

Not him, but I think that's Tokyo Ravens. It had an anime a while back

Oh, that is the adult fox spirit? Almost did not recognize her there.

Thanks user!

What about the cute tomboy in jeans in the 3rd row?