Ya'll mothafuckas readin' any light literature?

Ya'll mothafuckas readin' any light literature?

What is light literature? Is it literature for retards that cant handle average novels?

I only have so much time in a day user

I goal set to read one a month. It's alright, it takes about half a day to sit down and enjoy a 200-250~ pager.

It's fiction designed to be picked up and put down easily. For reading on the train or at lunch.

Reading Kino and waiting for Spice and Wolf -Spring Log to start getting translations.

Just finished Spice and Wolf. Well, need to read the short stories at the end of 17 still but, still finished.

Never did read Haruhi. Going to start while I wait for Index to keep releasing.

I've actually noticed this with LNs. I never seem to get around to reading them at home, but they're the first thing that comes out when I'm taking the bus somewhere.

I'm normally reading a chapter in bed before I go to sleep since I don't tend to want to sleep unless I get away from a computer.

At volume 13 of S&W now. Not sure what I want to read next. Prolly some info dump stuff like Mahouka.

This and Overlord are the only VN series I've read. What else is good?

VN? You meant LN, I'm assuming.

Depends on if you're looking for things that are physically translated or not.

Actually just bought all the S&W book off amazon got started reading yesterday.

Just bought it yesterday, I hope it's as good as everyone says

Hope they send you the 2nd release of that volume with the original cover art instead.

Are you sure you got all of the LNs? I I had to get 10 from Barnes and Noble (and a few others just because I was on the site) because Amazon only seemed to have the manga volume 10.

Which is fine because I BOUGHT THAT FUCKING TOO.

Yeah typo, I meant LN. What's good AND translated?

Depends on what you like, I personally like Kamachi's novels since you can tell he just plain has fun with what he writes, Index dragged on for far too long though. One of these months I'm going to try to read the Kawakami novels but they're really chock-full of exposition.

I too wish to know this. Konosuba was fun

But it wasn't close to as good as Overlord and S&W. I gave DxD a shot for a few volumes and I couldn't handle the retarded MC.

With regards to official releases, Spice & Wolf and Haruhi are the obvious choices. If you can find them, the first five volumes of Full Metal Panic (4 & 5 were released as one book, I believe) and FLCL. Book Girl, Another, and The Good Witch of the West for flavor. SAO is an option if you enjoyed that, since a lot of the problems associated with it are because of poor adaptation. I haven't read it, but Reki seems to have a lot of his stuff coming over lately.

Currently reading Hunger Games. Haven't seen the movies.

Does Kino even get translations anymore?

I don't know if it counts as an LN exactly, but I've been reading Vampire Hunter D the past few months (reading schedule can get really sporadic at times), really close to finishing it.

Also picked up Overlord at my book store this week. Surprised it was a hardcover, since most LN's are usually paperback.

First book was pretty good, second was good for the actual games, third was awful and boring. The movies were pretty lame from the start, however.

The English edition? Because it's the type of book I think would sell well as a hardcover, with its more serious nature. The only other hardcover I know is the English special edition of Haruhi Suzumiya.

I've been reading No Game No Life

all 17 should be on amazon #17 release april 19

Forgot to specify that the VHD is Journey to the Northern Sea 2.Read through the first part in no time since it was October when I read it. Really glad Dark Horse decided to release mutli-parters as omnibuses.

English edition yeah.

replying to myself
didnt see you got the mangas i bought the LN's
they different

Spice & Wolf got really boring once that cockblock Col showed up.

>not having the anime cover

The Yen Press version? Or the non-masochist alternative?

Chapter 10 of Flame Ring is out for anyone that still cares.

Most of the DxD fanbase like Ise a lot so it was probably the right decision to drop DxD.
But why not give it another try?~

Started this. I am pretty interested so far. Translations are pretty great and don't sound garbage.

Those are dust jackets. I honestly wouldn't have minded if they did those for all 17.
It's weird the two versions got licences at the same time by different publishers.

At first I thought I would like Ise, because he seemed like a Harem lead that would actually fuck the girls. I stopped reading after the holy swords arc at the beginning because 3 of the harem girls straight up offered to fuck him and he did not. They weren't things where he didn't hear them clearly or whatever. If you are going to have a hotblooded pervert MC what is the point if he won't have sex with someone that offers it?

Been thinking about getting Vampire Hunter D, are the volumes likely to go out of print?

I've been meaning to start Spice and Wolf but I'll probably wait until I have all the volumes at hand before doing so.

Anything I should be aware of coming out soon? I know there's Baccano out this month along with Yahari.

Konosuba
I've been watching S&W and I think I would want to read it

Ive always heard of people saying they read the light novels, but i didnt know there were physical copies in english. I thought everyone just read them online. Where do you guys buy copies like ?

Ive been wanting to get into light novels for a while now.
>spice and wolf
>saekano
>konosuba

Any good titles in english with physical versions?

Bought the Fafner LN, hopefully it's delivered before the end of June and I have to leave for a month.

Sell it to me user.
Is the cute glasses girl the heroine?

amazon

>Bought the first three brand new on Amazon a while ago
>First and second volumes have creases in the corner but the third is absolutely fine

Anyone else experience problems like this with Amazon when it comes to anime and manga related things? I mean, it's not like it would be difficult to ship three books together without getting them damaged but Christ that pissed me off.

order first 5 packaging left a lot to be desired (5 airbag cushion thing) but nothing was damaged.

I got 17 from bookdepository and it looks like shit. It was in bubble wrap so they had to trow it around beforehand.

Does stuff like 'Mardock Scramble' and 'Summer of the Ubume' count as LNs?

I'm just glad I ended up getting the anime original covers instead of the ones with the 3DPD girl but it annoys me how they turned up in that condition even though I paid for them brand new. I could easily smooth the creases out but still.

The 3 volumes I got from Hastings were used copies, but Amazon still sells new copies for reasonable prices, so I don't think you to worry about them going out of print soon.

Thanks user, I wasn't sure they were a popular title enough for the publisher to still be printing them but I think the artwork cover is absolutely gorgeous. Love both of the films though. I wish they would make more D.

Yahari but am going to start S&W.

...I'm not sure now that you fucking mention it.

Yeah, I do. What don't I know? I fucked up somewhere didn't I?

So has konosuba been published in english?

Does the quality unfuck itself after volume 1 or anything?

Isn't there a new S&W novel coming out?

Yeah Holo died and Lawrence is now stuck raising their daughter.

I'm hoping yen is doing Maoyuu now that they have S&W completed.

...you had me for a moment.

I guess we were mostly lucky with Spice and Wolf. As a translation it wasn't perfect but it was definitel good enough, at least for me.

NGNL on the other hand has been a very different experience. I'll have to research what's shit and what's not in the future.

I had a pretty good streak though. Haruhi, Spice and Wolf and Index were all solid enough - accepting that some shit gets fucking americanized in america and turbo weebs can deal with it.

m...muh honorifics bruh!

You weren't here when the images came out?

Even /k/ got trolled.

I started buying it around vol 2 or 3 and stayed on the edge up to vol 10 hoping they won't drop it. Time sure flies. I'm still stuck halfway volume 5 with whole series on the shelf.
>spedning $200 on books

There an animated series in the works by Unified Pictures and Digital Frontier called Vampire Hunter D Resurrection. It'll be CG, but it has both the original author and the director of Bloodlust onboard, so it probably won't be shit.

This has to be a ruse. Off to the archives. How long ago was this?

See

I enjoyed the whole series, but I have to say that I enjoyed the earlier books more than the later ones. The interactions between Lawrence and Holo getting in trouble were a lot more interesting when there was a lot less love going around.

So can you guys or someone post a pic of your collection of light novels?

I've read all of Haruhi, that was great. I also got up to about book 13 in Index, they're pretty shitty but still fun

just finished reading pic related, fucking hell that was a wild ride

>MC has a valid plot reason for a harem
>MC is an Alpha++ that deserves his harem
>Actually do lewd stuff freely without misunderstanding bullshit
>Girls are OK with sharing him

I can no longer appreciate most generic harems. This is just too good.

Koyuki a cute.

currently reading this sexy ass onee-san

try this MC starts out as generic "idealist who loves his everyday life"
As his everyday life gets destroyed turns out he's so obsessed with his everyday life because he's in denial of past events
Also his ideals go down the shitter and he goes completely insane. It's pretty good

Konosuba, overlord, kizumonogatari, grimgar, spice and wolf

Oshit, I forgot about the Monogatari series.
You should definitely read Otorimonogatari, even if you've seen the anime
That was by far my favourite book in the series, there's loads of great stuff they skipped on TV

Well I have Spice as ebook. Too bad I cant bother reading them. Anime ended things pretty well

>Time loops
>Wish granting devices

I see where this is going, will try later

I know this is aint an ln
But currently reading genocidal organ
It's pretty good currently in chapter 2, mc is fucked in the head, the world is similar to mgs4, and has operator and shit