Why isn't anyone using phalanxes when dealing with antifa?

Why isn't anyone using phalanxes when dealing with antifa?
>easy to organise
>extremely effective
>on point thematically (identitarian groups use Spartan imagery all the time)
>would look dope as fuck
Everyone's already coming with shields and sticks, why not line up and use dowels like pikes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sbFSVh1mmiw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because you're a fucking leaf

Why not stop being a larping faggot and use a gun?

because you cant just stab people with spears

Because they don't want to kill people and go to jail

because a shield wall is superior and more flexible in a surrounded and rapdily changing enviroment/battlefield.

and only antifa is "allowed" to bring weapons, the other side usually is kinda helpless and disarmed by police forces.

>I WANT TO BE A GRAND WIZARD

they should use the roman tetsudo formation

t. pussies

>256 able bodied men
>all at least 6 feet tall
>equipped with standardized gear for optimum effect
>working together as one
Welp...

>Using phalanx when maniple exists

Wew

>see phalynx
>run around to their flank
>machine gun fire
>all dead

come fight me

what exactly has superior military tactics to do with being a pussy?

>phalanxes
>easy to organize

I said dowels not spears.

those were abandoned once calvary was prevalent,
And being in formation just makes you easier to teargas.

Who exactly is bringing machine guns to protests? Idiot.

eternally btfo

>Phalanxes
>Not maniples

I'm sorry you're a fucking sodomite.

>le leaf lol XD
This meme was overdone like 6 months ago.

>use guns at protests
whos larping now?

>abandoned once calvary was prevalent

Retard

>can form a literal spear wall
>"those were abandoned once cavalry was prevalent"
No? Cavalry did not render light infantry irrelevent.

You're fucking retarded. Phalanxes existed in some form arguably until WW1. The reason that phalanxes declined in use was

>More effective use of ranged weapons
>The development of more mobile formations
>The general decline of ability to mass infantry

Cavalry are not effective against phalanxes for the vast majority of situations that phalanxes would be deployed for; hell, cavalry aren't particularly useful in direct confrontations if they're not being used to induce routes. Routes are usually much harder to apply to massed formations like phalanxes because of how ranked formations work.

That's where you're wrong kiddo

>Plays Age of Empires Once

>Macedonian phalanx
Because Home Depot doesn't sell 20 foot sticks.

This.
Phalanxes can't turn easily.
Getting flanked is a Game Over.
OP needs to play more Total War.

What about bear suits

>Phalanx
>Light infantry

cavalry get wrecked by spearmen in AOE though

Yeah gonna need testudo, because antifa is prone to throwing things

Antifa fanatics.

Because you can't reorient fast

>form up on a street
>don't go out to parks or other open spaces
Literally not an argument

In city streets where flanking maneuvers would be difficult or impossible, a phalanx would be superior.

This might be one of the stupidest things ive read in a while.

What do you think people did for literally the entire middle ages?

Pike formations were used in the AMERICAN CIVIL WAR

>dodge challengers

>In city streets where flanking maneuvers would be difficult or impossible
Murder holes.

>let's get a bunch of flabby neckbeards to form a phalanx
>m-muh testudo is the best formation ever, even for CQB
>"calvary"

People should take a page out of these guys' book.
youtu.be/sbFSVh1mmiw

1) they do
2) a Greek phalanx with 8 foot sticks would be roughly as effective.

>antifa doing a cavalry charge down a fucking road

We need hussar charges.

From where? Privately owned businesses are not going to permit people with giant rocks to go up on their second and third floor and pelt other protesters.

Point out the role fucking murder holes played in the battle of Berkley

>why isn't anyone using phalanxes

why not ride a horse?

Phalanxes got BTFO by legion tactics, which Antifa actually mimics in part. They use lines just a few ranks deep that can quickly form gaps that missile throwers can run in and out of. Phalanx is the worst possible counter to black bloc because it is too vulnerable to missiles on the flank and encirclement. Black bloc needs to be countered with small groups of berserkers who press the gaps and try to break through the weakest points. Then slower units should charge the flanks as the antifa ranks tighten up. Think "horns of the buffalo" like in Zulu.

Me on the left.

ARMORED
DODGE
CHALLENGERS

The legions fucked up phalanxes because they could get around the flanks. How the fuck do you flank a phalanx going up a city street?

>teleports behind group
>unsheaths AutomaticRifle-15

what's stopping an organized group from this with ballistic shields and ar15's to make a neo-tetsudo?

Among the other reasons why this comment is stupid: literally every cowboy is right wing. I have never met a left winger who could handle themselves on horseback.

Hmm, now I'm considering the possibility of cavalry support for right wing protests. Cavalry is the hammer to the phalanx's anvil.

Most of the pitched battles happen in large parks. Even in your scenario antifa would just retreat, disperse, and then encircle when the phalanx passes by intersections or alleys.

bring back infantry squares imo

Once antifa retreat, the battle's been won no? After that all that needs to be done is hang out and make sure they don't put together another formation to charge *insert vaguely right-wing event*

I have the strangest boner right now.

Because murder is punishable by law.

>macedonians were manlets

>tfw no qt phalanx gf

>Hmm, now I'm considering the possibility of cavalry support for right wing protests.
Who the fuck besides the police are raising horses for combat? It may surprise you to find out that charging into things is not the natural inclination of horses and they must be trained to do dangerous things.

Norwegian alt-right is very successful with this tactic. Watch their videos. They choose the appropriate places to march and to make a stand, and they maintain their discipline while antifa descends into ineffective chaos against their unbreachable line of shields (with web site address visibly on them).

American alt-right is embarrassingly ineffective with tactics.
Muh individual freedom of maneuver

>easy to organise
It's not. It requires lot of training, and organisation.
>extremely effective
It is, but fighting with antifa is more akin to skirmish.

>Tercio Espanõl pike and shot formation
>even remotely close to a phalanx
Dumb nigger

>the virgin phalanx vs the chad tortoise

>implying I don't know every horse breeder for 700 miles who sells to police

It isn't a big market anymore, Tyrone. You'd know that if you had ever spent a single moment in the saddle.

>It isn't a big market anymore, Tyrone. You'd know that
That's literally what I said kiddo.

Outclassed by superior skirmisher tactics

Why do you niggers constantly glorify gypsy looking Greeks when they were fighting nordic looking Persians back in the day?

>nordic looking Persians

Not necessarily, they can retreat and then regroup behind you, urban environments are great for concealing encirclements.

Got a good link for me? Are they using classic phalanxes? I'd be willing to bet they're just using modified legion tactics like antifa does, with more emphasis on shield walls. The reason I don't think America can replicate that is because the right isn't allowed to be as heavily armed as antifa is and our demonstrations are strictly confined to regions that clearly favor black bloc. The cops also force us to stay on the move, especially if we have a temporary tactical advantage. The lighter armed you are the more important maneuver becomes. Vertical battle lines on the flanks and small groups of lightly armed berserkers work best for the tactical situations the American alt right is forced into. We need to dust off some Hannibal tactics

>meme was overdone
so says the fucking leaf

Just guessing but... firearms?

>75 fucking posts later

the plural of phalanx is phalanges

get your shit together Sup Forums

Because it would kill people and even if both sides didn't care about that happening, one molotov cocktail = gg shitty phalanx.

I hope you know that AR actually stands for Anti-infant Rapemachine 15 kills per second

Tfw I no longer live in a free country where stabbing liberal scum with wooden spears is legal. Feels bad, desu.

This a couple of slingers would wreck their shit.

Either is acceptable.

It was funny back with the torrent of leaf shitposters but now it's stale as fuck but still regurgitated improperly by nu-pol. It's been thoroughly overdone and killed by retarded /r/the_donald migrants who still think 'LE LEAF LMAO' is a witty comment.

lmao leaf rage

Don't pick the prickly pair with the paw. When you pick a pear, try to use the claw.

epic troll bro XD

Nice ID.

>not using the most awesome looking formation ever conceived
>not having painted shields for that extra aesthetic
>not using a formation that protects from antifa's beloved projectiles
>not using a formation that costs just a couple of pieces of plywood and some preparation
The Testudo is the obvious /fash/ choice

Try using one against a quarter inch steel plate

I don't think a phalanx would work very well against tear gass and pepper spray

A bullet doesn't need to penetrate to incapacitate.

Yes, if you're wearing a bulletproof vest, then the force of the bullet can still knock you down.
Here, though...

Because sticks/flagpoles are banned by police in many demonstrations. There are more clever ways to main commies

>the other side usually is kinda helpless and disarmed by police forces

What is a Millwall Brick? ;) They hurt like fuck

Testudo was used to assault fortified positions. Against guerrilla like foes, the phalanx provides protection against projectiles while keeping visibility over enemy forces. Squads could march from the flanks to drive off the boldest ones and secure our beloved statues.

That's Europe the Antifa are pussies here they wouldn't do that.

>Greeks had molotovs

Dear god how would you put that motherfucker on