Can someone give me a quick rundown of gamergate?

Can someone give me a quick rundown of gamergate?
Wikipedia seems biased on the subject.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/STl7-_f4_eA
youtube.com/watch?v=18gU4HSkW9Y
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.x/subject/Knowledge Bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/
youtube.com/watch?v=zz--i3M4PVk
youtube.com/watch?v=-vNJZMH2B6I
knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/quinnspiracy
crimeandfederalism.com/2015/04/zoe-quinn-lied-about-me-in-front-of-congress.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PkGR2gU3Xy0
youtube.com/watch?v=STl7-_f4_eA
youtube.com/watch?v=6KFz9WRRNpk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Baised left or right?

it's sounds mostly like the women did no wrong

No.
You deserve the whole enchilada.

Here's one about the mascot.

youtu.be/STl7-_f4_eA

You want the whole story here you go:

TL;DR version: Certain parties are interested in turning vidya into a gateway for digital education to prop up common core. Hence those "Gamers are dead!" articles that were trying to get companies to shy away from gamers.
The outcry of GamerGate was their plans backfiring.

youtube.com/watch?v=18gU4HSkW9Y

>woman sleeps around with journalists to get good reviews on her game
>Gamers notice this and complain about female privilege
>Journalists and females go apeshit and accuse gamers of being misogynistic

>gg could have been the chance to completely upend gaming "journalism" and bring about a new era of unbiased and unpaid reviews
>feminists and butt hurt SJWs crusaded to make it sound like gg was a sexist rape fest and it became the scorn of the entire media
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the SJWs were (((funded))) to purposefully keep the goal of gg away from real change in vidya journalism.

at least use the right image fgt

Wikipedia being so biased on the one event that I experienced personally and indepth, made me think about the other things they are biased about and I would have no idea.

>I need a Cartesian babbles about the male fantasy in vidya gaems
>blue haired skank buys off nu-male e-journos with pussy to promo her text based game
>punished cuck rats out the skank, this causes controversy in the "mainstream gaming press"
>Sup Forums wants to discuss it, but moot shuts it down
>anonymous-ish people "troll" the gaming press, which also includes actual criticism and politicisation in the opposite direction
>unedgy libertarians and "classical" liberals make complaining about them a youtube industry, fight back against petty censorship by keeping the shitposts bubbling over
>same people still in power, gamergate's political impact equivalent to kekistan autism

You have now taken the paranoid and depressing realization red pill.

I remember listening to NPR on my morning drives to work during GG. They were so blatantly biased and even had SJWs on their show.

Did a thread on G-Gate a while ago, it can be found in the Archives: archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.x/subject/Knowledge Bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/

It's part of a much bigger network that controls the gaming industry.

Zoe Quinn cheated on her boyfriend with a gamer reviewer for a better rating on her game Depression Quest. The boyfriend wrote the whole story in detail and feminist thought he was slut shaming her, because she did get threats, but really he wanted to uncover the people taking bribes in the gaming community for a good score to make their game get more sales.

This is okeish quick rundown, maybe too methaphoric, but ok

What i have learned from gamergate is to avoid indie games like fire. If game interests you, check the background of the developers. As the result, only indie game i have ever bougth is Papers Please.
Also i check, who are the writers for the bigger titles. For example, i enjoyed original dishonored, but for the sequel they hired some SJW writers (and oh, what a surprise,dishonored death of the outsider has we wuz kingz on the box), that's the reason, i will not buy it nor play it. Will not even bother to pirate it.
And never ever trust any gaming site nor give them a clicks. Whenever there's a chance to mock or dogpile game journalists on the social media, DO IT, fuck them all! Only trust streamers and youtubers.

I meant this video is ok

The entire saga and the video that started it all: youtube.com/watch?v=zz--i3M4PVk
Gamergate was essentially the explosion of a bubble that infiltrating feminists created. Too bad they are STILL in the industry, alive and well, and so is marxism. but the bigger picture:
youtube.com/watch?v=-vNJZMH2B6I

cont
Many people criticize Anita so she cherrypicks(and falseflags herself) mean comments that tell her to kill herself etc. Disables comments, runs to cry to the media for help, and makes a career out of playing the victim. Starts a kickstarter for a new video series, gets like over half a million dollars, lies to her backers and ends up stealing most of the money. Thunderf00t produces dozens of videos shitting criticizing her and pointing out her lies and for this he is outcast from every atheist community for being a sexist. Still to this day Anita has yet to debate ANYONE on her views, and makes a living giving speches and "lectures" on feminism.

So who is Zoey Quinn? A piece of shit psychopath who falseflags herself on wizardchan and cries to the media for attention. Article after article is released on how wizardchan are sexist pieces of shit who harass women
knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/quinnspiracy Scroll down for the wizardchan rundown.

Its also worth noting that gamergate is what made Milo popular becuase he exposed an email list which was basically a circle of journalists who orchestrated a series of articles on the same day, on different websites, to talk about piece of shit sexist gamers.

Well duh, remember we're equal till someone has to pay, protect or take responsibility.

You forgot to mention that it also inoculated a whole bunch of people form the sexist/racist/homo and trans phobic slurs that were thrown around during the 2016 US election by 'Her', resulting in an unlikely win for Trump.

Zoey also crashed and burned a project that wanted to make video games using women's ideas because she claimed it was oppressive etc pic related.
I wrote all this down because its important to understand that gamergate didn't come out of the blue, it was a slow poison on online and digital media by feminists that created a bubble.
The most important bit is InternetAristocrats first video (about the first 30 minutes in the mirror) in the series, which started it all and ended up having millions of views. The reason it exploded in popularity despite his channel being relatively low profile is because if you tried talking about Zoey Quinn ANYWHERE, INCLUDING Sup Forums you were banned, shadowbanned, thread was deleted and so on. The Streisand effect. The rest of the mirror is IA documenting the events as they unfolded over the next 2-3 months or so.

Huh.
If gamergate never happened do you think Trump would be president? Like would Sup Forums have had the meme power necessary to make things happen?

I doubt it. Many young guys all over the world got into politics both online and irl cause they got fed up with the feminist agenda. Whether you like Milo or not, his university tour also contributed greatly to redpilling uni students(who experienced the worst of marxism) and anyone who was watching it online, and he always told his viewers to vote Trump. Just check the number of views his videos have. and It's GG that put Milo on the map. No GG, no Milo, less young people voting for Trump.

naw

I don't think so. I think gg battle hardened a lot of people, not to mention the fact that they now knew the heavy handed skewed narrative the MSM had used throughout gg was now being used against Trump.

Roastie took advantage of her cunt to get good coverage for her game (literally fucked 5 game journos for this). This was one blatant, properly sourced example of the corruption in that industry so people brandished it while demanding more transparency and less corruption. Some entities who are actually not biased (or at least not THAT biased) like the journo association revised their guidelines to align with the demands of gamergate. Many game journos also ended up adding a set of guidelines/standards they pretend to adhere to in terms of journalistic integrity.
Ultimately, though, the movement was coopted and murdered from the inside.

>Can someone give me a quick rundown of gamergate?
I think they are on the sequel: cupheadgate. Turns out games (((journalists))) often don't like video games, and are shit at them. But they make up for it by coordinated disinformation campaigns, which was revealed by gamergate.

>There are people so fucking new they wern't around for gamergate

>Wikipedia seems biased on the subjec

really cute and very diplimatic euphemism used. respect.

Once upon a time there was a tiny scandal where some dude was accused of giving favorable coverage to a female "game" developer he fucked. Basically the gaming press, which is pretty much one big circlejerk, came out in defense of him, calling everyone on the internet misogynists for joking/talking about it (the chick in question had apparently cheated on her boyfriend with five other guys). The level of spergrage made people start to take a closer look at exactly who was connected to who and how, which turned up a bunch of shit about people reviewing games made by their friends, being judges in competitions they participated in, blacklisting developers based on political views, etc. This led to a second round of condemnation by the gaming magazines, prompting more investigation, etc. etc. for 2-3 years.

The fine youong capitalists were such pals, and that hyperfaggot was so chill all throughout.

They never bent the knee, said fuck you to everyone else and did the right thing.
From here on Sup Forums and Sup Forums, despite being right, there was a lot of shitflinging, death threats, etc.

But they simply did the revolutionary act of doing things right and in good conscious.

>that first post in the pic
>Quinn doxxing people
Reminder that these cunts were invited to the UN to talk about cyberbulling, and play the victim.
And that Quinn was part of Something Awfuls's helldump subforum.
crimeandfederalism.com/2015/04/zoe-quinn-lied-about-me-in-front-of-congress.html

Everything that is shit comes out of SA apparently.

>Dumb cunt makes VN and fucks game reviewers for good reviews
>people find out because her cuck rats on her
>dumb cunt cries that she's getting beaked on for being a stronk independent black womyn, not because she was offering her ass for good ratings.
>gaming media outs itself as being corrupt and all working together by releasing syncronised identical smear articles about gamers, surprising nobody.

Then there is the current cuphead incident. Dean Takashi a "games journalist" put out a video where he took over a minute to get past the beginning of the fucking *tutorial*. The fake gaming news have rallied to claim that being total shit at vidya doesn't disqualify you from being a vidya journalist.

youtube.com/watch?v=PkGR2gU3Xy0
I didn't even know this interview existed, welp.
>back when Milo was actually a journalist instead of a turbofaggot

That's true, I supported Trump simply because i hate feminists and SJW's. But gamergate started it all...new wave feminism, gender bullshit, that was the fork in the road...

If someone ever makes a time machine, this is where he needs to go and drop an a-bomb...

>Can someone give me a quick rundown of gamergate?

people figured out that publications have agendas and somehow they're surprised

What does that say about literally who?

wat

>reading that
>Just like what is/was going on in the Middle East, a very similar operation is going on in South America to create a Crisis equal if not bigger then what Europe is experiencing.
>all these riots here
>ministers got b&
Shit.

The faggot who became the jew and went to work with them.

Is hiro based or another cuck?

>Anita Sarkesian
>makes a career out of playing the victim
must be a jew

>The faggot who became the jew and went to work with them.
If you refer to the "hyperfaggot" I mentioned, no. He was a pal.

He was the leader or something akin of the project.
When shitflinging started he took on everyone who had called him a mysoginist for putting so much effort to make a game for women.
It was a very difficult moment for a studio whose trajectory was based on PR and game journalism to side with Sup Forums.

I saw a vid of him explaining how some shit went down and he didn't take shit from anybody, and it was almost unbearable to watch due to the ragingfaggotry.

I'm not talking about that guy. He's a pretty cool guy.
I'm talking about moot, m8.

encyclopediadramatica has (or had) a very unbiased and well sourced article on it.
Its really sad that the article on an irreverent "fun" site is much better than that of (((wikipedia)))

Pic related the tweets that started it all and why they are fake

Reminder that it all started, really, when plebbit mods deleted the 11000+ post discussion about the subject, making more news about the censorship of the discussion than the actual discussion which would've simply fizzled out in a news cycle or two.

it took me a very long time and instrospection to get it

btw, idkw moot is blamed so much.
I supported gg for the most part, but people didn't realise how others not directly involved in it were affected.
The whole site turned upside down.

Moot was usually very hands-off, but it's ok he banished it from the site to 8ch.
Idk why people whined so much about it, just take your business elsewhere.

Idk his take on it, but:
>if he wanted his opinion to influence the outcome, he would have started SO MUCH earlier. He only stepped in when it was really getting out of hand.
>Everyone who shits on him is dead sure it must have been some jewey liberal uk reason.
I'm pro gg, but I would have banned it too. This is not the site for that, go to 8ch for raiding and shit, it's not just a terrible inconvenience to leave Sup Forums for vydia discussion instead of meta-catfights.

Maybe he has a negative view on it, but what he did doesn't tell me that.

Pic related, I think. Basically, it's explained in image

IF YOU HAVEN'T EVER READ THIS, READ THIS!

I read that pic and seems pretty accurate until the m00tles part.
I'm inclined to think he either was slightly against it or just wanted to be left out of it.
He probably just hated that his site was spitting rape/death threats to the four winds.

But that bullshit about that girl who is seen in one fucking pic with him
wtf
That's what started the whole "cuck" thing here.

Idk if they were even together or he was just beta-orbiting her, but a guy being rejected by a girl is not anything new.

I'm sure he is not a SJW, but more of a redditor than a channer by now.
The chans strayed too much from what he wanted

i'm starting to get it. so how is this connected?

it was a psyop on gaymers

Hey Frank

Media collusion in video games, same shit we have in news media and all forms of media.
GG pried it open.

youtube.com/watch?v=STl7-_f4_eA

One of the best. Quick and easy.

good watch, thanks user

HEY KEKBOI YOU GOT SHITTED
HOW YO MENTAL SAFE SPACE NOW

ICEBURG TIPS

PREVIOUS LARPS

DOXXED AND SHITTED

I suppose he's officially on our side now. Thanks for letting me know.

see Read that and you'll understand there is no other place for it than here.

That was awesome, thanks!

Wasn't there also a literal mailing list where journalist from different tabloids came together to decide what ratings to give a game?

A left-wing woman said something and was therefore correct. Some people disagreed and this was the end of the universe.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK GAMERGATE
I can't find the fucking image of Hillary having side effects from eating pineall gland glands.
user HELP

any complete history of gamergate must end with:
>"And thus Trump became president of the USA"

It showed "normal" people here that we might, maybe, have at least some power and dont have to tolerate the boot in our neck

A part many people to mention was notYourShield

notYourShield was basically minorities and women telling journalists that they shouldn't use them as a shield from criticism
They were thus written off as having internalized racism/misogyny and not being the women or minorities who's thoughts matter (because said thoughts aren't the thoughts a journalist told them to have)

It's a small bit, but telling of the journalist's mindset.

Some SJW called Zoe made a text based game about depression. It was markedly average, even for a text game.

It get glowing reviews in some publications.

People ask why.

After investigating it turned out she had either slept with them or they were beta cucks who wanted to.

People went mad.

More investigations about the massive bias in video game magazines went under way. Many victories were had.

SJW's claim it was a targeted assault on Zoe and it caused mass triggerings and literal shakings right now's.

Many lolz were had.

That's about it.

Yes. GameJournoPro

Is encyclopedia dramatica no longer a thing?

fuck

>gamergate was the iraq war that created the Sup Forums ISIS

unrelated but from that time and quite interesting.
Sup Forums is a school aparently.

if you werent here before Sup Forums harbor you need to leave

i been trying to figure out how long i been here

i used to get my happenings on Sup Forums until it became even more cancerous and then an annon reffered me here when i made a thread about how Sup Forums no longer gets involved in world events.

i want to say 07' but idk honestly.

when was zimmerman trial?
anyone remember the Michocan vigilantes?

we found HER in a natural state.
and its beautiful

Sup Forums's also a meeting place of different countries, and thus different ideologies, experiences, and sensibilities/concerns

More diverse than most universities, and probably filled with more openly discussed niche-interests and bits of trivia

To put it bluntly

People in mostly Sup Forums have always bitched, moaned and put up a big stink whenever their is proof that vidya journalism is curropt. The Quinn thing would have just been one of those micro-controversies that got kicked down the road once everyone was bored.

Then they started censoring discussion on it (which was mostly shitposting, but still is censorship)
Then they started coming up with articles talking about it taking a bias to one side.
THEN they started coming up with stories talking about how "Gaming was dead" because of this one completely irrelevant controversy.

So people on Sup Forums, and at this point Sup Forums did some investigating and found out that the vidya media wasn't just normally corrupt, but they were flat out colluding with each other, even as "competitors" to make stories.

Then the REAL shitstorm started

>tfw the cuckening made the term 'cuck' go global

fucking hell
Meant for I'll admit it, I'm tired and should fuck off.

>People in mostly Sup Forums have always bitched, moaned and put up a big stink whenever their is proof that vidya journalism is curropt.
This. If Kane & Lynch was made by a team of leftist women, GG would have happened several years earlier.

What a lot of bs. I am now angry that I wasted 15 minutes of me life reading this nonsense.

What on earth was even the motivation here?

Fucking bizarre.

more like if Kane and Lynch had discussion on it's shady history outright or shadow banned, with people who simply wanted to hear gossip being caught in the crossfire, then GG would have happened

google Thezoepost
click first link
It literally all started from there, Sup Forums eventually found the connections between the sleeping with kotaku guys and positive articles about her """game""" on kotakus website, articles which would very conveniently get deleted once gamergate picked up steam.

uhh hiro is shifty youtube.com/watch?v=6KFz9WRRNpk

>Gaming review website fires journalist for thrashing game that was paying a lot for advertisement.
Offending party: Gamespot - Victim: Journalist
>entire industry rally behind the Victim against Gamespot
>consumers rally behind the Victim against Gamespot
>Journalist creates new site Giantbomb that is a giant success

>Pseudo gamedev that can't even code fucks 5 industry guys for jobs/reviews
Offending party: Pseudo gamedev - Victim: Consumers
>Industry rally behind the offending party against consumers
>consumers rally against industry and get called woman haters
>Industry keeps with the same shit practices of pushing agendas and non disclosing conflicts of interest

Shortest version is Zoe Quinn cheats on her ex-BF with a guy from Kotaku that gives a plug in for her shitty game Depression Quest. People find out when her ex-BF airs out all her dirty laundry about how much she has been cheating on him and emotionally manipulating him. People start checking and bringing up other cases of collusion/nepotism/undisclosed relationships between game journalists and indie devs. Game journalists control the narrative to try and get people to stop talking about that by changing the conversation from corruption in vidya game journalism to harassment of womyn in gaming. It works. Whenever gamergate tried to bring up topics about corruption, they got moved goalposts about harassment of womyn in gaming with Zoe Quinn as the forefront martyr. #gamergate will now forever be associated with harassment of womyn in gaming while a bunch of people managed to milk the event for free money and get away scott free.

Yup.

Just the gaming media was too amateur to cover it up better.

Only reason it became an anti-sjw/feminism circle jerk is because "harassment of women in gaming" was all that side would talk about and try to change the goalposts even though it was never about that and if anything it was about a cheating whore getting her just desserts. Only right wing outlets or more like only Milo/Breitbart would actually talk about the corruption and give them a fair chance which is how they red pilled and got so many fencesitters to become right wing and pretty much kickstarted Milo's popularity and muh alt right.

Big shock kikes control the media.

GET OUTSIDE PEOPLE

Glad you liked it. His work is pretty entertaining as well as informative.