Just finished Chuniibyo S1. Is S2 worth it?

I've been hearing that S2 drops the ball, but I'm into the moe anime romance nonsense. Will I be disappointed, or is everyone on Sup Forums a critic?

Rikka is just p a pretty girl.

If you liked first season, you will find s2 disappointing and frankly unnecessary

y thou? Everyone says its disappointing but i've never seen any reasons why?

It has a girl that will never ever win Yutabowl.

It was okay. Not as good as S1, but watchable. But I'm still mad we didn't get kissu at the end

I dropped it without browsing any thread that is related to it. It just doesn't interest me like s1 does.

You will be disappointed in the TikkaxYuta romance but maybe enjoy the ShinkaxDeko stuff.

S1 is a cute decent love story that just so happens to leave out the kiss at the end so you end up wanting more.

Season 2 then takes most of what happens in season 1 and regresses it for a tired unoriginal 'new girl' story that ultimately goes nowhere and does nothing to build on Yuuta/Rikka's relationship. They basically end up right where they were at the end of season 1 except without that satisfaction of the troubles and tribulations that brought them there.

It's just horribly mediocre.

Also, his friend is shit on even more and the yuri couple continues to be an unfunny gag.

Watch it for Rikka's hips.

So they don't kiss? Time to commit honorable japanese suicide.

New girl was good, but overall it wasn't worth it.

If you can't handle criticism idk why you're even here. Is it just me or are more anons on Sup Forums becoming thin-skinned when their series gets criticized? I don't remember this much sensitivity 4 years ago.

Season 2 never exists

NO

DON'T FUCKING DO IT

Wrong mana potion m8.

Also S2 isn't that bad, don't get fooled by Sup Forums.

Watch the movie between S1 and S2.

DON'T WATCH REN, S2 is so fucking shit i want to erase it from my memory

I loved how we did not get the kissu. We can imagine by ourselfs how fast or slow the relationship kept progressing after that.

its worse than S1 but its not bad

you get to see Kumin senpai fight!

Absolutely nothing good about season 2. I actually like season 1 more than I would have because 2 is so bad in comparison.

D-did I?

I don't remember this at all.

>forgetting the moment Kumin proves why she's best girl

heretic

If you are expecting some incredible heart wrenching story with an explosive ending then you will be disappointed. If you are expecting a bunch of cute fun antics with the cast then you will enjoy it.

Honestly I don't know why people here had such high expectations of s2

Was it the napping contest? It's only one I can think of.

yes

You're overexagerating it

Bully Rikka.

S2 is like the OVA. There's little to no plot advancement, just characters interacting and hanging out. If you liked them you'll enjoy S2 but feel disappointed that Rikka/Yuuta relationship went back to square one to keep the status quo.

>fat asses
>thick thighs
>ZR

it's the perfect storm, OP. who cares about how retarded it got in S2.

Watch S2.
Just remove any expectations you have and watch it for the chuunis.

I remember almost absolutely nothing about the show, but I do remember thinking S2 was about the same quality as the first season.

This is why polygamy is for

You don't understand now, you are supposed to hate it like other cool people do. It is shit man.

Watch it for the lesbians, just remember to watch the OVA beforehand.

Wait a minute. When the fuck did this happen.

Stalker-chan episode.

Oh its not real Mori Summer. I see.

It wasn't bad. Disappointing, sure, but I enjoyed it. It had plenty of Deko/Shinka, and the new girl was great

I wish that this would've end up with NTR. Rikka is worthless as fuck.

Your opinion makes me angry

Shinka's far prettier.

Could you point out why Rikka is worthless fuck.

But she is not perfect on every other way like RIkka.

You're taking advantage of a mentally deficient girl

Rikka is a legitimately complex character who finds it easier to live in fantasy than to accept certain aspects of the reality in which she lives and I'm SICK of jokers like you boiling it down to autism-chan

S2 is overly drawn out, but it serves as a setup for S3. Just watch it.

>live in fantasy than to accept certain aspects of the reality
That sounds like a side effect of autism

You're talking about S1 Rikka. In S2 she became a complete retard

She's not your daughter.

>In S2 she became a complete sweetheart
ftfy

>finds it easier to live in fantasy than to accept certain aspects of the realit

No, it is normal defence for human mind. Can't deal with something, make up an excuse. People do this in every day life untill they die. It is not neccesary Tyrants eye tier stuff, but you say things like "it is not sad I have still not kissed a girl, all girls are sluts" or "I did not even want to get that university, people there are too pleb". Rikka uses her imaginary world to deal with problems she faces since thats how she grew up. Yuuta allows him to do that because he knows it helps Rikka do deal with all the shit she faces. They both know those things are not real but its automatic defence mechanism of human mind. Trust me, I have studied 3 years of this shit and I have to study couple more so I can teach other idiots about this and get paid to do so.

Wait what? I'm just asking if S2 is any good. Who's offended?

I watched s2 for more sleepy senpai, I wasn't disappointed.

S2 was well executed, but unnecessary. There was no advancement of any sort, and what little drama that is injected takes away from any value the show could have sought as a comedy or healing work.

I remember being quite mad when I got to the end and saw absolutely no progress whatsoever. What's the point of all of this if Rikka and Yuuta are still platonic at the end of it?

So what was the lesson at the end supposed to be? It's cool to be a chuuni, even if it means rejecting reality?

Lesson was to love each other. Being chuuni was Rikkas excuse to get closer to Utah after daddy issues.

Her voice was really weird in S2 or was it just me?

This. Nothing happens, but if you like the characters regardless, you'll enjoy it for what it is.

No idiot, the motif is that you should care what others think. Just do you

>Rikka/Yuuta relationship went back to square one to keep the status quo.

But it did not. They went from father and daughter relationship to touching each others noses.

Anybody has the pic with the shirt saying "normalfags don't know bout my tyrant eye"?
Maybe I got the phrase wrong, but I remember an edit.

I-is there going to be a season 3?

We can always believe in it. Hopefully no tho, since the open ending about Rikkas and Utah relationship is perfect as it is now. No matter how they carry the story it would ruin it at least for me.

>fags actually editing anime screenshots because their shit drink isn't good enough for chuuni freaks
loving every laugh

>not drinking jaloviina

Spot the faggot.

boop

I am have a the feeling that you just want a Chuu2 thread but ok

>Introduce a new character just to have said character lose the MC bowl
>To make things more cliche said character is the childhood friend
>Forced drama
>Misunderstandings
>Climax scene interrupted by phone call

>wicked
fug.
Thanks user, you're awesome.

They stopped having the father/daughter relationship in the last 2 episodes of S1.

>Pepsi

Well yeah, but it still progressed trought season 2. From holding pinkies to holding hands to touching noses to kissing cheek to putting eye drops dry eyes to almost having the final kissu.

They'll be having sex just in time for Rikka's menopause at this rate.

I see no problem here.

You caught me.
Although I really want to know, so thank you :)

Truth that the retcon new girl should never have existed but besides that it's a pretty fun series imo.

How would Rikka have gone about committing sudoku if she had never met Yuuta? Hanging? Pills? Jumping off a bridge?

Like she would ever have the courage. She would have suffered till the end. Thank god she had Yuuta.

Some day I'll have my own Yuuta. I believe in it.