How did moe become a prostituted buzzword with no meaning?

How did moe become a prostituted buzzword with no meaning?

Other urls found in this thread:

taikutsuremedy.blogspot.com/2009/06/k-on-review.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

blame reddit

That's a cop out answer.

How did comedy become a prostituted buzzword with no meaning?

>prostituted
Who exactly is making money off it?

Because of Sup Forums
same with edgy, fag, self-insert and a plethora of other words that have been demoted to mere jokes

Okay, just blame people's ignorance in general

I mean it's probably used as a marketing term for otaku but prostituted can be used in a similar way to degraded or sell out.
Much better way of putting it.

I mean, moe is the genre of things that feel moe, so it's always going to be subjective sillyness.

When it became mass marketed on TV to kids and the average viewer.

moe was primarily an eroge thing nobody gave a shit about

You forgot overrated garbage too

When moe became picrelated.

Anime studios as of 6-7 years ago

>moe is the genre of things that feel moe
But moe shouldn't even be a genre.

Moe simply describes a feeling, and you could literally feel moe about any character, even this garlic girl

jesus Sup Forums, what have you created

I feel like there's some interesting story about how you found this picture and felt the need to post it.

Once stuff like becomes moe, it enters mainstream usage and therefore specific meaning is lost. "Moe" is no longer the feeling you get about your favorite route, or the feeling you get about Kana - Imouto. Moe is simply "that crap that's everywhere, all over TV and on japanese trains"

Is there any word related to anime that hasn't been misinterpreted and bastardized?

Cuck.
Wait...

Misinterpreted and bastardized words related to anime:
Otaku
Tsundere
Moe
Uguu
Trap
Self-insert
Bishoujo

Words related to anime not misinterpreted and bastardized:
Kawaii

Thank lucky start for that.

>no keikaku

The term you're looking for is 'moeblob', which is a character that exists purely to be a bundle of autistic "cuteness" designed and implemented solely to sell merchandise to lonely otakus and other forms of anime watching human scum.

Moeblob itself is bastardized because every anime character is one now. Any character who isn't a moeblob is then compared to Misato or something.

taikutsuremedy.blogspot.com/2009/06/k-on-review.html

According to my friends moé=starring female characters.

>having friends
Kill yourself

That's true, though. Why the fuck would little girls be piloting tanks or playing mahjong if not because it's moe, for example?

moe is every anime after 2011, so starring female characters is pretty accurate

When Sup Forums started using is as a synonym of "thing I don't like".

The hottest girl in Gilmore.

How do I improve the boards quality guys.
I want to contribute but don't know what to do.
Normal discussion threads die quick unless it's bait.
Help.

I mean, I could be talking about something like Elfen Lied or Kill la Kill or Psycho Pass and I guess cause it doesn't star a male character they'll ask me why I'm watching this moé shit.

They're not really friends, more like people I waste my time and money with, who judge me for being into that Oriental shit.

Which was, btw, originally called "kawaiisa".

Moe became shit after Lucky star.

>taikutsuremedy.blogspot.com/2009/06/k-on-review.html

Notice how nobody replies to this? Truth hurts.

>human scum
>lonely otaku

Y-you can't use insults like that here. G-go back to [site of your choice], you non-lonely non-scum!

It's funny seeing how the comments changed over 5 years. From "That's just your opinion" to accusations of trolling

Shows how moeblobfags = shonenfags

More like the exact time Sup Forums found it. He raises valid points.

Probably around 2003, when the word became really popular in Japan.

Nope, it was with the release of keion

>I hate K-On, therefore I'm going to abuse this word

Why are you so hurt? I never said I disliked Keion, jesus. Get a grip. It just became bastardised at that point, and you know it.

NOTHING MEANS NOTHING
OH YEAAAAAAH

>I never said I disliked Keion
But that's a typical reason why people have bastardized the word.

They just "hate moe anime like K-On because UNTAN is creepy fluff"

Post lucky star it went to the gutter.

fuck off

bump

bump

bump

>a bartender or stooge

Kill yourself.

Fine, you want a reply? Here's something that jumped out at me:

>Characters do not develop, personalities do not change and jokes are constantly reused.

This is total horseshit. The whole first season is centered around an arc where Yui, who starts out high school with no direction, learns responsibility and dedication by devoting herself to the band. The other characters have development as well; Azusa, for example, develops in the opposite direction as Yui where she learns to relax a little and enjoy herself with her friends instead of being no fun allowed, and Tsumugi gains life experience outside of her bubble of wealth and learns to live a more "normal" high school life. I think the people who say shit like this must be expecting every character to have their own personal episode where we learn about their backstory and their character development is explicitly stated at the end.

bump