How to Tune Out of Society?

I have 80 acres Up North with a cabin that I inherited and a sauna a built with my own hands from pines I felled on my back 40. I'm thinking about moving up there and dropping out of my Urban/Suburban life. Just cease dealing with liberals.

I hunt, I'm a General HAM Operator (I could build a 200 foot tower out there), I have medical skills, pathfinding skills and my coworkers jokingly call me "The Last Man from 1955" because I fix things instead of replacing them, drink Scotch, and remind them of a blond, blue eyed Dan Draper.

The property isn't great for growing food (really sandy) so I can't plant on the 40 acres of field.

What would be an occupation I could do up there on my land? Raise goats? Is there profit in goats?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Making-Your-Small-Farm-Profitable/dp/1580171613/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
archive.is/9em8t
youtube.com/watch?v=2xcZS7arcgk
youtube.com/watch?v=7oxMTLzlP-4
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroponics
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can always add soil and plant food crops

amazon.com/Making-Your-Small-Farm-Profitable/dp/1580171613/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Looked reasonable to me. This book isn't about farming, it's about what is profitable for the amount of labor you want to put into it.

GAhd, I'm in love with your goat girl.

Food crops, OP. That and fruits - dry and stockpile the food for a bad season, and sell most of the fruits.

Don't farm animals - shit stinks, hard to clean up on your own, and can spread disease.

ITT: Things that never happened.

let people pay to visit the sauna, but also convert it into a gas chamber. kill the people you don't like and bury them on your property. The decaying bodies will also be useful as fertilizer. Or raise pigs or something and feed the corpses to them

Hire a random user as a field hand and let him build a forge and smith shitty fantasy sword to sell at awful prices to weeabos and fags.

Do it, I have the right user in mind for you.

Pistachios

OP,

archive.is/9em8t

Go into this Self Improvement archive, find the megaupload links until you get to all the homesteading shit and other things for sustainability. You already know your chops thats obvious, but this can supplement.
Also, solar power.

Sounds damn comfy. Good for you user.

If you weren't still living in the 50s I'd say learn some computer networking or design skills, but I'm guessing that wouldnt be your cup of tea. Lots of them can and do work remotely.

Goats are making people money right now by clearing overgrown areas. They're being hired in urban and suburban areas bc it's an eco friendly way to clear a large area quickly. You would need a bag ass trailer to transport them and be willing to travel to clients' locations. I would imagine they could also provide protein for you via meat & milk.

That's my 2 sheckels.

You're my idol

>with a cabin

Wish I was you.

You can make that happen for a lot cheaper than you think. Especially if you hire this OP to help build that shit up breh.

I repair computers all the time (90% of the time a computer won't fire up is because of a $0.15 surface mount fuse).

I can fix everything from a lawnmower to a computer to a car to a fridge to a dryer. I'm a Jack of all Trades.

>can't grow crops
spend a decade improving your soil

Definitely check out those PDFs and Ebooks from the SIG archive. I know its probably oldhat for you, but once you get to the homesteading part is where I think you're going to gain info. Keep on being you man, fuck these degenerates.

Cut out junipers and sagebrush. They suck up tons of water and fuck your soils PH. Cut all the pines you don't need and plant maples/birch. get patches of better dirt with urine/charcoal and plant tomatoes. The tomatoes will improve your soil. As will chickens.

You ability to farm doesn't depend on your soil but the water available. Its easy to change the soil if you have enough water.

>The property isn't great for growing food (really sandy) so I can't plant on the 40 acres of field.

Start composting your shit.

>drink Scotch
You answered your own question
Grow whatever you need to grow to make Scotch
Then make Scotch

Well not Scotch...you have to be in Scotland for that. Make Whiskey.

You could raise chickens pretty easily. People pay a premium for organic/free range eggs and meat.
Sporting clays. Moto-cross course.
What state are you in?

Who is this goat milker?

Make it into a resort maybe

>The Last Man from 1955

This is probably a result of you dressing like a sperg.

Make white children

good lord that looks so cozy

>up north
Michigander detected

if you are going off grid with all of that land get yourself solar and build a greenhouse off your cabin to grow food, unless you are feeding a large family using it year round should keep you fed

You're thinking from a very Filipino perspective.

Fruit isn't going to be profitable for an American to grow, rather he would grow hardy vegetables and other staple crops, and that's if he can get his soil to even fucking grow anything.

Also it's not fucking hot and humid over here it doesn't really fucking matter. Some animals won't stink up 80 acres of land, and who cares about the smell anyway, I'm sure you don't smell too great yourself either eh noynoy.

Similar situation here.

Only problem is that my land is an area that attracts a lot of social drop outs - mostly literal hippies (or ferrals as they're known here) and methamphetamine users. However it is extremely isolated.

An hour or so away is a popular tourism coastal center. Lots of parcels of land being developed around there, so I (literally just last month) quit my office job and am now undertaking 5 years of carpentry/construction training. I'll also be spending those 5 years learning more about off the grid living.

Me and my wife can move up there, have kids, raise them right and when they're adults, as the population sprawl continues, they'll have a valuable chunk of land backing them.

I grew up in Appalachia and my grandpa was like this. He never worked a "job" in his life, he just lived off the land. Some tips:

-Eat your crops you grow
-Make your primary meat source fish. It's infinitely easier to set up a fish trap and catch 10 fish over night than to hunt.
-OATMEAL. Shelf life of 2-3 years, Cheap as FUCK, the cheapest grain source there is. Also filling and healthy. Buy a large stock of it every few months. Also rice.
-He made quite a bit of money from ginseng gathering. A few hundred $$ per pound.
-Goats aren't very profitable, but they're great for keeping your land in shape. Also goat milk and goat cheese tastes pretty good if you wanna do that.

Let me guess, near Byron?

This. Just rent a dump truck or something and bring tons of dirt.

Wood working is a thing.

Not even something time consuming or labor intensive could net you some cash.

Make Native American Style Flutes for example. They are piss easy to make and if you fag them up nice you can sell them for $150 a pop easy.

What the fuck are you still doing here?
If i were you I would have left long ago, cities are disgusting, we need to retreat back to the farms

Build soil, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=2xcZS7arcgk

youtube.com/watch?v=7oxMTLzlP-4

Sweet merciful Jesus that girl is perfect, pls giv sauce

Yeah chickens and aquaponics seems ideal.

Hey brother,

Doing the same thing.

Get your cdl, drive trucks half the year, live frugal and fuck off in the woods the other half of the year.

Try and get a bearable stay at home bitch I o feed the chickens while you're away, she won't be shaggin other punks if she's the type to live of grid and do the homestead lifestyle.

Pro tip: stock up on nice cigars and have plenty of YouTube channels to put on for when you're on the road.

Good luck to you and keep on being you.

Sincerely,
Fellow wild man.

just gimme her fuggin name

WHAT

NO HIPS

NO ASS

DIKE HAIR

FAG DETECTED

Lol if only the murder mitten was based

Make a campground.

OP look into aeroponics and hydroponics

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroponics

>200 foot tower
>80 acres

I have a family with six children.

We live in the Idaho/MT area. How about you move us there, we become part time farm/ranch hands/ part time mmo gold farmers. No really sometimes you just don't fucking wanna go outside or be inside know what I mean?

Raising goats is not profitable unless you have a secondary market with them. Skin them and burn maps into their hides to sell to nerds. Make hippie cheese and/or milk products for hippie stores (very involved, permits, etc).

Pigs are the way to go. Easy to raise, can make bacon, jerky, ham, sell by the pound, they breed fairly quickly, etc. Dedicate a section of land to growing self-maintaining easy produce like cabbage, melons, potatos, shit like that. Feed that to the fucking pigs. Use the pig shit to fertilize the above and branch out into a specialty of some sort. Make soap with some of the animal leftovers, add some fuckin seeds to it, sell it for $5 a fucking bar.

Grow some hemp on a few acres, sell hemp shit, get some hippies to live on your land in exchange for making hemp bracelets to sell. Don't let them intermix with the real residents.

Get solar power or wind or even small hydro set up depending on what you've got. Maybe learn to carve shit out of wood, who cares. All you have is time. learn shit.

I forget what i was saying im fucking tired.

Trade with someone nearby for fucking topsoil or pile old logs on your land, burn them , till that into your shit soil. repeat until it's not bad. Get mulch from city folk to add in. Eventually you'll have good topsoil but it's backbreaking fucking work.

Opium grows well in sand user. Slash and burn and get some decent lighting up

Fools- you can sell the body parts to rich folks for millions and fucking millions

how about potatoes and onions? someone told me they are easy to grow on any terrain

Where's the video of this chick pooping on some scat fetish website? Someone had a webm of it a few weeks ago. I want it for scientific purposes.

Don't care what you have to say OP just bumping your pic

Aeroponics.

do you own your rig? how do i go about doing this? i'd kill to be off in the summer.

>NO HIPS

Knocking her up will fix that

>NO ASS

Not from this angle.

>DIKE HAIR

Hairstyles change. Non issue

>FAG DETECTED

can you grow hops? Hops is green gold mate

KEK XD the flag matches perfect. legit!

Raise the Kekistani flag, invite your pol/ack bros. Liberate neetbux. E-Z

Aquaponics is better for the situation.

Potato is best crop per sq. ft. in terms of nutrition. Also stores for a long time. Too much sand in soil and there isn't enough moisture for them. Soil will have to be amended and/or extra watering.

Go full unabomber and write a manifesto

Sages are people too. They talk when one is lonely in the cold winter.

i've looked user, i couldn't find it many times.

Too sandy he said. Plus they are lots of maintenance and good capital outlay needed for processing. I don't think this would be a quality use of land.

>Grow whatever you need to grow to make Scotch
I'm thinking that would be barley or rye.
Rye gets by very well in suboptimal conditions.
. Also pot

Produce locally raised, sustainable, foodstuffs and sell it to hipster foodies for ten times what it's worth.

You just need a good backstory to get the hook in them. Food is the new rock 'n' roll and like a rock star you just need a marketing angle to get some good press.

Either that or just snare rabbits and pick berries strictly for your own consumption and keep it real.

sand can be a legit growing medium actually just requires some innovation. I grew pot in pure sand in my youth basically the same as airoponics

Why not muskovies, user?
They have traditional family values: they are monagamous, they mate for life, they raise their as God intended.
Just look at this QT.

Why? Boomers are dying off, their wealth is being left to their children now. I've became a millionaire purely on the back of my Uncle dying and having no kids to leave his wealth to.

GUYS!

I totally just found Hitler, he's not dead after all and is apparently waiting until Trump collapses America to make his move and make good on Operation Barberosa

>implying this is remotely feasible

There is no going 100% off grid. Taxes must be paid, and you only get a free pass if you're a nigger.

If you can fix stuff like cars & trucks, start there. A guy can make retarded amounts of money running a 1 man show.

Angela Sarafyan is her name.

You could just keep inheriting 80 acres + cabins and sell those you fucking genius independent Don Draper faggot. :^)

>drive truck
>self driving trucks put you out of a job in 3 years

thats definitely not her

Lmao. Couldnt be more correct. It sounds good now but would be a waste in the future

Grow potatoes

Start a small solar farm. Sell electricity to any nearby city, NOT ALL OF IT, at a barely below average price. Use half the money you are payed to invest in an underground shelter and long lasting underground batteries, stock up on gasoline, buy a fourwheeler, buy a lot of ammunition for ONE gun get several of said gun, put it in your bunker. After doing this invest your earnings from the solar farm into buying more land and expanding it.

A lot of country areas seem to go into methamphetamine production and cannabis growing.

nice troll asshole

UP Michigan? lanse? Baraga? Hermon?

>We live in the Idaho/MT area.
got any mormon qt's?

lol exactly what I was thinking, northern NSW

you could try your hand at software development