Not as deep as it appears to be

Not as deep as it appears to be.

Deeper than people give it credit for.

Your fedora is showing.

>Not as deep as it appears to be but deeper than people give it credit for

So it's the perfect level of deep?

All it does is reference a bunch of jargon that no one really cares about. It's mostly a show about a fucked up boy with his toy robot and tsundere love interest. Then it all comes tumbling down. Anno is a troll. Evangelion is irrelevant.

There's a word for that:
PRETENTIOUS
Fucking hell man. It'd be fine if it just stayed a SoL harem comedy. But no, they had to pretend it had any merit to it in the first place.

The girls are too young. I'd love to watch Evangelion after 20 years.

Not as deep as my dick in your ass m8

So Misato, a blazing hot cake, is too young?

What's pretentious about dealing with issues that people actually deal with in real life?

Yes, she doesn't even have kids. Would be better if she was more milfy.

Its a study on depression, nothing more, nothing less, i cant understand how many of you weebs who have anxiety, depression and paranoia, hate this show, it really helps you out, to understand your illness and work in that, knowning your shit is the first step, the robots are a excuse, and EoV, its just a bunch of symbolism to give a good message without being a boring shit

Single mothers aren't hot. They're tragic.

You're strawmanning. NGE is pretentious. Not because it deals with teen-angst. But because it is pretentious.

It's not the first and one of the worst among it's kind. The subject alone doesn't make it interesting or deep

You calling it pretentious without actually being able to back that claim up doesn't make it true.

It merely reiterates the coming of age narrative in a way which signalled to the world that Anno is a fucking nerd who needed professional help.

>inb4 that picture of Anno talking to literal six year olds

Confirmed for pedophile freak that needs to die.

I am able to, you just never asked for clarification and started jumping to, as you still are doing right now, conclusions.
Do you think I consider you of value? You're essentially talking to yourself without taking into consideration what I actually have to say. That's pretty pathetic

Butthurt beta neckbeard crying over his feelings.

19 replies and still not a single argument as to why NGE would be any less deep than generally considered

see? You don't actually want to discuss NGE. You're just shitposting.

I thought Eva did a pretty good job of spelling out things for you, but didn't until the end while leaving plenty of mystery up until that point.
Assuming EoE is taken into account of course.

This is the gayest anime i ever watched.

That's a pretty lewd bikini

see? You're just shitposting because you are angry about your worthless existence.

Why are these threads always so terrible

Because Eva has been discussed to death.
Because no one liked 3.33

3.33 was the best Eva out of the bunch.

Nice Freudian

The depth lies in the character interactions and not in the religious references.

Not deep, cryptic. Deliberately obtuse and ambiguous. Everything necessary to understand the plot is in the show but big elements of it are snuck in out of order and for about 4 frames.

Detective Shinji: My Little Headcase Can't Be this Disillusioned