Which one, Sup Forums?

Which one, Sup Forums?

Washu, but of those 5 Mihoshi

None. They're all shit.

Ryoko. It was always Ryoko.

The loli, always the loli.

This show didn't age well. If it aired today everybody would be calling it
>another generic harem comedy with a bland protag so that otaku could self-insert.

While I agree that it didn't age particularly well, it definitely isn't bland unless we're talking about Tenchi in Tokyo.

>>another generic harem comedy with a bland protag so that otaku could self-insert.
Except no one self insert as Tenchi because it is impossible. Or Seina Yamada or Kenshi. Because they are all hard working and productive members of society. Notice how they ALL work in jobs? Even Tenchi, who didn't need to?

They are all patriarchs, men trying to live up to the expectations of their women.

>Which one, Sup Forums?
All of them.

Why do people not learn that lesson from the Tenchi franchise and have more harem franchises actually have, you know, a harem end?

Just finished Ryo-oh and Isekai. What else should I watch? GXP?

Well no shit. When every harem anime apes Tenchi and Love Hina then they will look like the things copying their success

the one with the dead va

Then it's a good thing it came out over 20 years ago, before over 9000 shows copied its exact gags and formula.

GXP's alright. I liked it, but I enjoy Nabeshin.
After that, watch Universe and the movies.

>Tenchi in Tokyo.
I thought people agreed not to talk about that one?

>another generic harem comedy with a bland protag so that otaku could self-insert.
It would be original nowadays if not just for the fact that poligamy is a very real possibility for Tenchi (and apparently the canon ending).

Also, Tenchi pretty much set the standard for a lot of the common harem tropes in anime, of course by now it looks like "just another" because all started copying it.

it's one of the originals and surprisingly still one of the better ones. here's hoping they don't fuck up the new series

Except them being the original. Only casual retards would think that.

After Isekai, I have hope for OVA 4.

Tenchi

Ryouko

Who is hyped for new OVA that is supposed to be more like the originals and not shit 3?

Harem end is the biggest and most disappointing copout in anime.

>Then it's a good thing it came out over 20 years ago, before over 9000 shows copied its exact gags and formula.
Except they didn't.
Almost none of them have the MC be actually competent at anything and they alway have him choose one single "true" girl (which Tenchi didn't do) which ends up violating two of the main rules Tenchi set up.

None of the MCs in the Tenchiverse is truly incompetent and they all have a harem of girls which they juggle around making sure they are all loyal to him (as opposed to having to choose one over the others).

Modern harems copy Love Hina, not Tenchi.

>Harem end is the biggest and most disappointing copout in anime.
It's still better than "oh, the mary sue tsundere wins" every time which is just as much of a copout.

By comparison the harem end feels fresher and more true to the whole concept of a harem manga/anime to begin with as opposed to creating a dozen potential candidates and always choose the worst one.

the brown one

>Modern harems copy Love Hina, not Tenchi.
and they still managed to fuck up

>Harem end is the biggest and most disappointing copout in anime.
Since it almost never happens, it can't be a cop-out. And I mean actually getting all the girls agreeing to share, and even start a family together. There is hardly ANY anime that go that way.

Sasami

Ryoko. I think she genuinely loved Tenchi. The rest just liked him because he was the only young man around.

>love hina
didn't nisekoi pretty much just copy that? granted i could be wrong, i haven't read either in years

>brown va change because she died
i mean ill still like the new tenchi this year but it does make me pretty sad

Mihoshi's VA died? RIP

Sasami is a legal loli.

Doesn't matter.
No dick for her until she looks 18.

>Love Hina
I still can't understand how that pile of dogshit became successful.

>I still can't understand how that pile of dogshit became successful.
Anime or manga? They are different beasts and the manga definitely did quite a few things right

Naru is still a colossal raging cunt.

Sasami.

It would still be leagues above the harems we get today because cast is actually decent. Plus, there is a ton of world-building and powerlevelshit that can actually be discussed.

Washu›Mihoshi>Sasami>Ryoko>Ayeka
Ryo-Oki and Noike were left out because I don't know how her personality will develop, and who fucking cares, respectively.

Based Ryoko.

Kiyone without a motherfucking doubt. Kicks ass without needing powers and has a nice down to earth personality. Not batshit or retarded like the other characters.

the loli

Yeah mang

Yeah, like four days ago.

Ryoko a best but Washu is cute too. The rest are shit though.

Washu a MILF

Though you wouldn't tell that she's basically an eldar god.

I'll never forget Ryoko's screams and total mental breakdown after she found out that Tenchi chose that black haired human slut over her. Still haunts me to this day. Tenchi In Tokyo was pretty dark in retrospect.

First post; best post.

Good taste, user.

Best aunt

For you, user.

I'll take the spaceship and fly away to my waifu.

But user, the spaceship IS a waifu.

muh nigs

Best daughter.

Didn't see her in Ryo-Ohki. Is she from GXP?

Admittedly, her mother basically became alpha wife/mistress overnight, only makes sense she'd make the best children.

>Washu,

Are you insane?

She'd just use you for experimentation

She's one of the reasons Universe is good.
When they made Mihoshi a retard, they made Kiyone for the other half of their manzai bit.
She's level headed, has no special powers, and isn't crazy about Tenchi, though she still sees the appeal.

Are you trying to imply that's not a good thing?

She ded

Enjoy being dissected you absolute madman

>delicious brown
>big tits
>good in the kitchen
>good with kids
>actually has a stable job

MUH

mah nigga

So is tenchi technically above washu now, in God status I mean.

tenchi is the overgod of that universe and the one in the anime is essentially his avatar through some shenanigans i don't quite agree with in ova 3

best incest

It's been over a decade since I watched it but I thought Washu was just a mad scientist? Since when is she a god of any sort?

Remember how Sasami had fused with a suspiciously similar looking goddess?
Well, Sasami also had a nightmare about another goddess. You might not remember this bit, but it was there.
During the episode with Zero, the robot that impersonated and then fused with Ryoko, Zero and Dr. Clay visited that goddess. And she made cryptic references to her sisters, and there were two silhouettes behind her, and one of them had a distinctly hairstyle.

During the events of the last episodes of OVA 3, things happened, and Washu and Sasami had to... awaken? their god parts? It's not clear what they're doing, but they can, and they can come back from it.

So, Washu and Sasami are technically sisters, and there's a third one living at the house by the end. Not sure if she's part of the harem, but I don't think so.

Why do I find the headband sexy?

It's one of the many aspects of late 80/early 90's anime that never shows up anymore, facial accessories/markings.

It's much simpler than that.

Washu (rather an alternate version of her) and Sasami's "alternate form" (who fused with her so Sasami wouldn't die after an accident Sasami had as a child) are basically goddesses of creation / beings from a higher plane (depending on how you view it given how much overlap both things have in the Tenchiverse) and along with a 3rd sister they created Tenchi's universe as multimillion year experiment.

Washu basically sealed herself of in her "human" (for lack of a better word) form because waiting is boring (and imposing a limit on herself seemed like an interesting experience) but did so in a somewhat "shoddy way" (as she is still a supergenius as she intuively learns back "forbidden knowledge" she should have sealed away).

The one that fuses with Sasami basically had used the Jurai kingdom as her "experimentation lab" and took pity of Sasami (seeing also how she showed promise).

The third one was the one that stayed behind in her goddess form and felt that "feeling human" would alter their perspective on the experiment (and while she was right it backfired on her so she ends up getting herself a human body aswell after the OVA).

And according to at least one source, Ryoko would be as powerful as Washu if she had all three jewels.

>And according to at least one source, Ryoko would be as powerful as Washu if she had all three jewels.
Human Washu? I cannot seriously believe she'd be as powerful as deity Washu given 3-jewel Ryoko lost to Tenchi's granddad.

my fellow male child of African genological background

>what is SZS

Apply yourself

>Eldar

IIRC, that was due to her own immaturity. She simply wasn't able to draw out the gems full power.

It probably doesn't help that she was being controlled by Kagato at the time. Or that she'd been split in half (Zero)

Washu is the best, and because of her, there's an entire lineage of semen demons.

i want to see some of Sasami

>Or that she'd been split in half (Zero)
That was a lie told to Tenchi. There was no splitting, Zero was just a perfect copy of Ryoko using Tokimi's powers. However since she was a perfect copy, her emotions were genuine too. And she was actually emotionally healthier than the real thing because she didn't have the real trauma of being a drone for centuries. Washu talked Ryoko into agreeing to fuse with the Zero copy because Washu felt that the copy deserves to be Ryoko too, and that the fused Ryoko ended up more emotionally healthy than originally.

>i want to see some of Sasami
The only thing that the Tenchi metaverse avoids is loli fanservice. The author knows the marketing appeal, but since he prefer older women he only has the bare minimum. They are always in every show, but never the main girls. Even in Isekai, the princess was a major character but not the one getting the fanservice.

None of young Sasami, but you can find jailbait if you look for more.

I don't see my Amane there.

Anyone else hate Tenchi's shitty obnoxious cunt mother?

>shitty obnoxious cunt mother
I'm assuming you mean the almost 250 year old Alzheimer's victim?

Alright, the reason she died was because she never bonded with a tree, right?
So what's Noboyuki's excuse?

I thought she died, cause of Kain.

>I thought she died, cause of Kain.
That's filmverse. All films are spinoffs that don't connect with the main world at all.

That's Achika, from the Universe timeline.
In the OVA, his mom's name was Kiyone, and she looked like this.

fair enough, ty both.

When is the new OVA coming out?

This fall.

The GXP girls are criminally underrated.

I do wish the story explored Kiriko's past as an assassin more though. That episode where she ran around slaughtering space pirates with "I'm dead inside" eyes was interesting, and legit disturbed Seina, but they never did anything with it.

Sakuya > Tsunami > sasami > Ryo-ohki > Ayeka > Washu > Ryoko > Mihoshi > Noike > Kiyone (Universe)

Whens OVA 4 coming out?

Mihoshi's Gran

dat cum-dumpster

>I do wish the story explored Kiriko's past as an assassin more though
It's probably touched on a bit more in the GXP novels.
So naturally, it will never be translated.

Ayy-eka. Because I always wanted a meme waifu.

incest ftw

Ryoko had the better personality, but the long hair was a turnoff, neither of the two main girls ever held my attention.

To be fair, Ryoko is Washu's "child" so it makes sense that she's got the potential to be ridiculously powerful in her own right.

What does Sup Forums think of Ryoko's new hair? It's prettier I guess but I feel like it takes away a part of what makes her herself.