Bleach 674

What do you guys think will happen next chapter? Will we see the two dads in action? Or will we go back to the Yhwach fight?

Will Orihime finally be able to stop Ichigo's rain? Or will it be up to Rukia to once again save the day?

Previous thread.

Whats left to discuss? Seems like by this point in the week every Bleach discussion will inevitably devolve into shipper flame wars.

I think one of the more interesting things to discuss is the rain that is falling. This proves that he really wasn't able to get over the death of his mother, no matter how much time has passed.
Once again the rain is falling, even after all the character development he has had? I wonder if he'll be able to stop it himself, or if it has to be someone else like usual.

Forgot the picture of the rain.

It's also getting heavier and heavier as the fight goes on. I wonder if it'll cause him to drown.

Let's discuss bleach's future then.

Can't even break 300K in a full week, souma and bnha are also about to surpass it.

Vol 72
7 days) 294,275
14 days) 357,154

Atleast nisekoi, toriko and gintama are ending, so bleach will trample over their corpses and keep going I guess.

im not sure about this page containing any rain. we know whats going to happen though, right?

Ichigo isnt going to do his job correctly. Rukia will show up and give motivation.
Twist and/or suffering occurs. Orihime finally does something, and the manga ends with some gay shit.

>manga ends with some gay shit.
>implying it's close to ending

It's honestly not selling as bad as it used to. Plus, it will inevitably get a sales boost if the anime comes back (if the manga is still running at that point)

>im not sure about this page containing any rain
I guess it's a stretch, but the rain is still falling. I just wonder if we're going to stay on the Ichigo and Yhwach fight. I really hope we are.

>tfw at a friends house eating dominos and posting here
What are you Sup Forumsnons doing today? Also, Bleach is great.

that is gay man

>eating good food with a good friend while being able to post on Sup Forums
It's fun, user. You can come next time.

Speaking of this, when was the last time that Bleach was #1? It would have been more than a year ago, right?

>still thinking Jump rankings matter
>2016

Eh

Of course they don't matter much. Still, it's still an interesting way to gauge popularity.

Ichigo's shikai if not random transformation

I think Bakuman's criticism of the ranking system was fair. Also it's heavily influenced by the editorial department.

Okay, so let's go by sales. When was the last time Bleach was #1?

For what purpose?

>For what purpose?
To gauge popularity. It'll be interesting to see when Bleach was last on the top? Plus better sales could lead to the anime returning.

I can assure you the question you're asking and the answer you're looking for are entirely unrelated.

Volume 18 (16-4-2012)
1. Bleach
2. One Piece
3. Naruto

After this the bleach anime ended and rankings plummeted almost permanently into the bottom for some reason.

The last good rating

Volume 16 (1-4-2013)
1. Toriko
2. Bleach

>entirely unrelated.
I think those two things have a decent correlation. Why don't they?

>Volume 16 (1-4-2013)
>1. Toriko
>2. Bleach
That's honestly impressive, I don't think I ever remember Toriko being #1. I wonder what this arc will have to do in order to bring its popularity back up.

>for some reason.
I think you answered your own question, user. Having an anime running does well for sales. Regardless, it's been four years since it broke #1.
That really makes you think.

Try using critical thinking?

>That really makes you think.
About...?

>Try using critical thinking?
Usually when something sells better than every rival product, it is popular. Apparently, this is the wrong line of thinking. Care to help me out?

That Bleach has declined sharply in popularity. I wonder what would have happened if Bleach ended after Aizen was imprisoned and Kubo went and created a followup story.

You've lost me. What does that have to do with the anime coming back again?

>That Bleach has declined sharply in popularity.

Yet the volume sales are consistently high and is in no danger of cancellation. So once again, your point is...?

I think you mean "if the anime had continued".

To see if Bleach could have kept its popularity. I'm not saying that Bleach will be cancelled, it would be interesting to see how successful a epilogue story would have been.
He could still do it, but Bleach has had its popularity declined already.

The anime couldn't have continued. It's hard when Kubo's chapters don't really have that much substance to them. Well, the anime could have continued if they produced more shitty filler.

Still not entirely sure what popularity has to do whatsoever with the topic at hand.

Ulquiorra returns because Ichigo is the only guy left standing who isn't with his boyfriend.

>Ulquiorra returns because Ichigo is the only guy left standing who isn't with his boyfriend.
Would he even help them? He pretty much never moved without an order from Aizen.

>what popularity has to do
I'll explain myself for you, user. The popularity of Bleach has decreased dramatically in this last arc. Instead of having this arc, what would have happened if Kubo ended the story at the previous arc and instead started a new series / epilogue to Bleach.

I was just curious if that series would be able to reclaim Bleach's old popularity.

He found out what the heart meant. He'd do anything to help Orihime.

Why is popularity important to you, user? Are you the type who can only enjoy something if others think it's popular? That's why I'm confused.

It's just interesting to me to see how Bleach can get back into the good graces of the common folk.

>the common folk

You mean elevens? The ones who make up the vast majority of its volume sales?

Normal people.

to be fair, bleach's fillers usually are better than other series' filler, and occasionally work well into the story thanks to kubo;s input.

Subtle

>The popularity of Bleach has decreased dramatically in this last arc.

Not really, bleach went on the decline since aizen was defeated in the anime.
The anime ending and taking a big break is a good thing, gives everyone some breathing room.

Right, and it has only decreased further since then.
Some of the filler has been really shit though.

>shipper flame wars.
Last thread was pretty good. We even had some comfy discussion about Renji and Rukia.

I think that the Rukia stopped the rain scene may not have been him getting over his mother's death but getting over his involvement in it, like Rukia with Kaien.
The rain may have started again because Yhwach is now showing him that, it's not true that it wasn't his fault.

So, who will stop the rain?

I still have some hope for my OTP.

They would be a cute couple, especially with their personalities. I'm fine with this ship as long as Ishida doesn't dissect her on the operating table.

Orihime is soul kings Heart.

Gerard is.

>Right, and it has only decreased further since then.

Kind of hard to make an aging manga more popular without an anime to advertise it. But considering volume sales still top the charts it's far from obscurity.

I've always enjoyed their interactions and Orihime is much more cute and likeable when she's with Ishida than when she's repeating "Kurosaki-kun" at Ichigo.

This is wishful thinking but want Ichigo to get over it himself. Have a scene during the fight where Ichigo finally realizes if he lives in the past he'll never be able to protect his friends and family. Again it's wishful thinking

>inb4 Orihime's useless again

I'm hope she's useful to the point where Yhwach sees no other choice but to attack her directly.

Not him, but Askin did say it was just a rumor.

>top the charts
That's a little generous, user.

>I'm hope she's useful to the point where Yhwach sees no other choice but to attack her directly.
I think that would be better for Ichigo. He'd realize that him getting overly angry will only endanger the people he currently cares about.

I just hope both Ichigo and Orihime get meaningful character development in this fight.

There's not much to specifically suggest it's Orihime instead, so I'm going with that.

Oh, I wasn't implying it was Orihime, I was just saying that we don't know for sure that he's the heart of the Soul King. There might be a very slight possibility that Orihime is one of the legs of the Soul King.

That's true, though I'd be more inclined to believe the legs would be Yoruichi and Kukaku, Yoruichi being the obvious choice and Kukaku being the head of another former high Noble family.

Why is everyone just focusing on the legs? There might be other organs and body parts. I'm convinced Gremmy will be his brain. And I find the idea funny that Giselle made a contract with his dick.

>I'm hope
I meant I hope

>I just hope both Ichigo and Orihime get meaningful character development in this fight.
It's almost a certain Ichigo get some positive development in one way or the other now that his dad's on the scene. However I have no idea what the author plans do for Orihime because we were literally shown scenes where Orihime wanted to protect Ichigo but couldn't before the fight began. I can only see her going too far in protecting "Kurosaki-kun" now that she sees Ichigo is fighting blind.

I want Ichigo to calm down and go all freudian samurai poet (as he did it before, on Tensa Zangetsu and Gin ) on Yuwabach. And ask him why does he want to kill Ichigo now, even though the Yuwabach from 1000 years wanted Ichigo to live. I think he could manage to guiltrip him if he goes about this the right way.
Unless os course this fight is just another trial to ensure Ichigo reaches the peak of his strength and becomes the new ruler of both the spiritual world, and the real world.

I don't think they will get together, Uryuu is pretty much set to become the next Quincy king. I don't think he would want to force Orihime into the new Quincy empire. Though I don't think Ichihima or Ichiruki will happen either,

>Orihime wanted to protect Ichigo but couldn't before the fight began. I can only see her going too far in protecting "Kurosaki-kun" now that she sees Ichigo is fighting blind.
She has protected Ichigo in this fight, it's just hard to fully protect him when he's running past her shield. I just hope she says more than Kurosaki-kun. This is probably going to be her last fight, I hope there is at least some development.

Isn't him being the heart the best way to explain why he's that strong and still alive?
How many pieces of the soul king is still missing?

Unlikely. We have seven days left and since the fathers will take the spotlight very soon, Orihime is out of danger. I'm more worried about Isshin, since he will probably fight Yhwach and I don't think Yhwach will deactivate the Almighty again.

Abandoned and forgotten...

If it turns out that the sword of the Ise family was repsonsible, then I would say there are eight body parts since the sword disperses the power of a god into all eight (wind) directions. Though I'm not sure if the main body Ichigo killed counts as a body part.

We don't really know how many pieces there are. We can be certain that the SK has two legs, so we are at least missing the left/right leg.

>She has protected Ichigo in this fight, it's just hard to fully protect him when he's running past her

Yes user this is what I mean, Ichigo is clearly not in the right state of mind to fight in a tag team, so there's a chance Orihime will go the extra limb to protect him, even from himself. Similar to how she did in pic related.

>Orihime is out of danger.
I don't think she is quite out of danger yet. Isshin, Ryuken, Rukia, and Renji are both still somewhat far away from the fight. I think Ichigo will still be fighting with Orihime for at least one more chapter.

no.

>Similar to how she did in pic related.
Oh, I don't even remember that. That's actually surprising.

I just hope she's able to retain her composure this time and actually do something. Last chapter she tried putting up a shield, but Ichigo just ran past her. Hopefully she's a little more proactive this time.

When he returns to save her it's going to redeem this entire shitshow.

>Yhwach will deactivate the Almighty again.
I don't think Yhwach has activated the Almighty yet. Although, the last chapter has deliberately avoided showing his eyes, so who knows.

>When he returns to save her
Nothing would make me happier. I know people don't really like asspulls, but I would love this. I don't even care how Kubo would explain him being alive, I just want to see him alive.

>Isshin
At least he'll provide some comedic relief before dying. Kubo seems to be a fan of his, especially with Hitsugaya. Maybe Isshin will comment on Orihime's clothing, that'd be amusing.

They're still pretty far away and there's still a chance they'll come across Byakuya and Hitsugaya. There's also Ishida fighting someone on Yhwach's level, I doubt they'll skip over that if they're heading up the tower. There's still plenty of time for something for Orihime to do something effective or ineffective. She's not out of danger until we see someone outside the door to the room.

he said in the last chapter that he is not using his power yet cause he wants to really enjoy the fight with Ichigo

I meant, it's unlikely that he won't use the Almighty unlike with Ichigo. Should have worded that better.

Fucking speedreaders

I think Ryuken and Isshin are in the some portal that Bazz-B, Giselle and Liltotto used. So if that's the case, they should be around the staircase where Bazz-B and Haschwalth fought. And the chapters are already called father. I don't think it will take more than two for Isshin to arrive.

>Maybe Isshin will comment on Orihime's clothing, that'd be amusing.

Has Isshin even met her since her brother's accident? Whenever she went over their house Kubo didn't show the family.

That could be the case. Who knows, it's hard to keep track of the landscape of the reshaped palace.

I think there's a chance but its far from certain.

>met her since her brother's accident
Twice. Once was when he invited them to hang out with him and the other was during the FB arc.

What's more likely, father/father and son/son tag team or Kurosaki and Ishida tag team?

Ishida / Ryuken is going to fight Haschwalth to the death.

Well it's not like the female Quincy would fit Uryuu. One is a rude preteen, two are skeletons, one is a pscho zombie and one is a fucked-up psycho lesbian.

Maybe Ryuken will let him go ahead in order to help save Orihime/Ichigo. It isn't the first time he's helped his son out.

>implying he isn't going to fuck Nemu

I think it's more likely that Isshin and Ryuken will tell their sons to escape from Wahrwelt alongside their friends, so that they can train more for the invasion. Is probably the reason for Rukia and Renji to go to Ichigo, so that they also can escape. I wonder though if they would take Bazz-B, Giselle and Liltotto with them, since the three are also in the throne room.

...?
Rude Preteen I get.
But, two are skeletons? I assume psycho zombie is Bambi. No clue who fucked up pscho lesbian is.
But for the record, I think they stated that the Power girl was still alive.

Nemu is dead. Next Nemu would be an infant,