I just watched the first 5 episodes and the only good thing in this has been the animation...

I just watched the first 5 episodes and the only good thing in this has been the animation.Instead of hating on it just yet, I thought I'd ask what exactly do people like about this? Where is all this hype coming from?

Mumei is hype.

It's a fun show. The technology is cute, and the lead is a great guy.

you are an idiot

Pepperchan is cute. CUTE.

I thought she was on the rag there for a second. Then I seen the corpse head.

Would you lick habanero´s sweaty unwashed armpits?

Its literally a watered down version of SnK

God, yes.

Why do we call her Pepperchan? I missed something. Shoulda been lurking that day.

It improved upon SnK's weaknesses. I can't watch SnK because of Kabaneri.

i wish she would wear her first cloth still.

Her being a Habanero, I'd assume.

>anything becoming more watered down than SnK

Nigga, please. The Manga is far better than 'The new Naruto'

Either you like it or you don't.
Just drop it already and go away, weirdo.

How, exactly? By making every character a retard? Or that Eren wasn't edgy enough, so they made Ikoma an inventor and gave changed his hair? Or by adding trains maybe?

Now it makes sense.

There's absolutely nothing going on for this show other than the extra layer of shading. Everything past episode 2 was absolutely awful in everything, from character development to pacing.

The trains fixed everything.

Because AOTS. The other originals airing dont even come close to it.

Condensed AoT with better characters and an armored train. Having the character designer from SDF Macross also helps.

just what exactly does edgy mean to you user?

Kek

Ikoma is actually less of an edgy retard than Eren. He's way calmer, more reflective and isn't driven by a crazy vendetta.

SnK got annoyingly repetitive with the amount of characters getting fucked over and almost every soldier having a mental breakdown.

At least I don't have to watch ten episode arcs that tend to drag out after awhile.

>RARRHRAHGGJJG RIP AND TEAR KILL ALL TITANS THEY ARE HUGE THEY HAVE HUGE GUTS asshat without even being good at something to redeem him, who constantly tries to brainlessly rush in without rubbing 2 brain cells together
>somehow worse than the guy who actually tried to come up with a plan if habanero didn't pull an Eren and rush in to ruin it, actually has a useful skill

This is stupid.

What did you expect the soldiers to do, happily run towards their inevitable death?

It actually has a good protagonist. Ikoma is driven and has a cause he believes in, without being edgy or unable to view anyone elses perspective.

Yes

There's hype because we expect there to be hype when there's none yet so far

I'd expect the soldiers to not totally suck ass at doing what they were trained to do. I'd expect most of them to have the fortitude to fight and die as soldiers.

What hype I thought kabaneri threads are just shitpost centrals of the season

So, is this the Valvrave in Edo Jidai?
- in b4 the zombies are ancient aliens
- in b4 one got the election, one got the erection
- in b4 after 200 years everyone is habanero and will make peace with new race of zombies.

Pink Griffith hype

VVV was so much wackier, though.

>So fixated on revenge that he creates the best weapon humanity has against Kabane
>Gets bitten, but only gets the useful abilities of being Kabane
>Half hair turned white for no apparent reason
>Have metal pieces stuck to his body for cool looks
>The only one in the world to figure out that Kabane-virus can be stopped

Seems edgy enough to me. Honestly, the only reason Ikoma seems like a great character is because everyone else in the show is retarded.

>So fixated on revenge that he creates the best weapon humanity has against Kabane
He's a engineer trying to create a weapon to help against the imminent death of his species. Not edge.
>Gets bitten, but only gets the useful abilities of being Kabane
Nothing to do with being edgy.
>Half hair turned white for no apparent reason
>Have metal pieces stuck to his body for cool looks
This does look kind of edgy, but he doesn't act that way at all.
Nothing to do with being edgy.

>Blood is his fuel
Don't forget this one.

>edgy
Apparently everyone of these fictional half-brained retard is actually more intelligent than you.
Go back to reditt.

I sentence you to 3 years of lurking for not knowing what the buzzword "edgy" means.

>being an inventor is edgy now
Damn I hate those smart people too, always doing useful stuff. How dare they improve useless weapons to make jobbers useful again. Good think we didn't go to school though user, so we aren't edgy.

>confusing GAR with edgy
Don't be a moron, user.

why? the kabaneri drink blood too. it seems it's part of the package when the hero is little different from the monsters.

>Ikoma has singehandedly brought GAR back into use
GAR as fuck.

It helped me deal with my deep-seated fear of Kabanes

The girl is way more edgy than Ikoma.

>He's a engineer trying to create a weapon to help against the imminent death of his species. Not edge.
There are many others who are trying to the same. But lo and behold, a teenager with his fat friend is the only one to succeeds. Seriously, perfectly realistic, nothing edgy.

Look at Hans for example. Bragging about being so tough against Titans then he shits himself the moment he sees one. They tried to instill fear into every character to put across the idea that the titans were scary when actually they just looked fucking retarded.

>There are many others who are trying to the same. But lo and behold, a teenager with his fat friend is the only one to succeeds. Seriously, perfectly realistic, nothing edgy.
Are you high as fuck or something? Unrealistic =/= edgy.
This is some good bait user, 9/10.

I want to watch this, the art looks good and I love anything steam, but give it to me straight lads. Is this show actually well written or am I going to be busting out Frodo-senpai every episode?

Post more best girl.

I like the animation as well. Nostalgia and shit.

I watch it for the mumei.
Its like watching angel beats for some reason.. Can't figure it out

If you can't just watch for the action and spectacle, then no you probably shouldn't.

It's better than SnK. Style is much cooler, narrative is faster, and instead of one very stupid main character we have two reasonably stupid main characters, who are making a cute pair. What's not to like?

>The protagonist is better than Eren
Literally the only thing everyone who likes this show seems to say.

Fuck yes. He reminds me of protagonists back in the old days.

And trains. I love trains. Especially the giant steam-powered ones.

What kind of name is "NoName"?? (無名)

I enjoy it because it deviates from the typical trash I watch.

I've never taken recreational drugs in my entire life. Getting high is what degenerates do. If you have ever smoked, then please don't respond to me. I don't want to catch your edge.

The "edgy" kind, apparently.

>not liking 12 year old Habaneros

Who would do this? And fuck you nigga say, she's legal by her age in 'pepper years'

I really wanted this to be a great anime, but I must conclude after 6 episodes that this is after all another Guilty Crown (unsurprisingly, it's mostly the same staff), very flashy, a lot of beautiful art and music, a lot of work done for the world setting, but ultimately lacking substance and the appeal to make it a truly memorable series.

At least the characters are more likable, but that's it. It's not like this is a bad show, but I'm not really expecting anything from it at this point.

It's shit and the mc has retarded plot armor.

I think you're confusing the word "overpowered" with "edgy".

Except he isn't the only kabaneri in the setting. And obviously the virus is somewhat common knowledge, among the better educated people, at least.

Why did they need to increase the speed when the whole point was to draw it in close enough to blast away at the heart?

At first I thought it was so they could get the cannon ready but they actually had the cannon ready to fire before the guy fixed the blocked pump anyway.

Thanks for your insightful review anonymous; where can I subscribe?

Wow. Guess i'll stop watching now because this user has declared it a failure.

Did others crazy and bad ass enough to hang them self to fight virus?

Good for you for finally realizing it. :)

Hanging seems like a better choice than turning into a mindless monster. I'm surprised others did not do that.

fuck off back to Sup Forums shiteater

My guess is either the left hand not knowing what the right was doing (the cannoners and conductor-waifu)

Or more likely: They were trying their best to get away so if they could outrun it, why bother shooting, not to mention by lengthening the closing time between the 'not colossal kabane' and the train it gives them more time to line up the shot and keeps them safer.

He kind of got lucky to have the equipment at hand, since it's a matter of minutes.

:^)

Fuck off, GC a shit, How dare you compare that with KnK

This made me jump onboard. Will be marathoning all episodes today.

>evasive maneuver
>on train track

Wait, wasn't it supposed to be 3 days?

Because others panic and lose their shit, 1coma already lost everything in the past and willing to sacrifice his life for the greater benefit of others

They needed to get to 88mph before the hun could be fired.

>not releasing your pressure limits

It's inconsistent, but he clearly almost got kabane'd in a few minutes.

This is an incredibly retarded mistranslation. She says "I'm taking the track to the shelter"

Any reason to like this show that has nothing with SnK, Mumei and the animation?

I like it for the aesthetics. Reminds me of Sakura Taisen.

Ikoma. Mumei is kind of shit, relatively. Ayame is a much better female character.

I watch for the plot.

Quads don't lie.

Only Ikoma was crazy enough to try erotic asphyxiation,Mumei and others Kabaneri didn't got bitten from what she said in the last episode

No,they never said it takes 3 days to turn into a kabane

I hope Ayame will have more role later, her BGM still not play in the anime yet. But I wouldn't mind Ikoman tap both Mumei and Ayame though

The directing can be pretty good. Got some chills in the last episode during the flashback and Ikoma being bitten while the only light flashing is his gun.

SNK's Eren Jaeger is pretty good as far as actual characters go. He is literally insane.
And the rest of the supporting cast only really exists to contrast how far gone he is.

SnK is a adaption from a monthly manga. Monthly mangos are filled with that, because it has like 30-50 pages per month to fill.

this shit is still running?

Mumei is literally a braindead character. Which is sorta nice, because she makes every other character on screen better.

That's how long it would take to determine if someone will fully turn Kabane or not. It's the reason why the pregnant woman from episode 3 took a long while before she actually became a Kabane.

I assume people turning would take longer if they received smaller wounds or scratches from Kabane.

They would throw people in jail and wait three days to see if they turn.

He's a big guy.