Need help with Gundam

I want to watch the Gundam franchise. So i did some research and asked around.

This picture contains all of the entries from the Gundam franchise. The shows that are marked with a red cross, are the ones that people tell me not to watch. How accurate is that picture? Can i just watch the unmarked shows, and ignore the rest?

Green Divers is the only must see.

Watch 0079 (tv not movies)
Zeta
Char's Counterattack
08th MS Team
F91
Victory
Unicorn
Turn A
G Reco
Thunderbolt
G Gundam
Gundam Build Fighter S1
ignore rest

That picture is pretty wrong.

The only Gundams that should be avoided are the ones with pretty boys (Wing, SEED, 00).

G Gundam and Build Fighters are actually fun to watch, but you have to go in with different expectations. It's not your typical Gundam with military geopolitics, it's mindless Super Robot action, which is fun to watch, but for different reasons.

This is just me, but the time spent building Gunpla is far more satisfying than actually watching Gundam.

Disregard anything the /m/ UCfags said, they are delusional.
The only ones that you really should avoid in my opinion are:
SEED / SEED Destiny
ZZ (maybe, the first half is utter shit at least)
After that, it's really up to your personal tastes.
Keep in mind that G Gundam and Build Fighters are, unlike the other ones, super robot

Pretty much this OP
Though I'd also say 0083 is pretty fun

0083 was so boring it put me off from watching Gundam for months. The animation is great though, and it helps understand how the Titans came to.

I wish the manga was translated, it's supposed to be better.

How can people be so fucking dumb? "how to watch gundam" literally the first image is the /m/ guide why are you so full of shit

Wing and 00 are worth a watch
Seed and Seed Destiny are required viewing regardless of quality

Not sure why you'd recommend G-Reco but skip on those

G Gundam was the worst thing ive ever seen in my life

G-Reco is related to U.C and comes before Turn A, why wouldn't he recommend it?

G Gundam is only bad if you take it seriously. It's a fun and campy show.

camp is never fun

I've never once taught char as a mad man.
I've always seen his views as while antagonistic; not wrong.
He isn't crazy
He isn't a psychopath

my only gripe.
the only thing I CANNOT understand is.
why out of ALL names he could have come up with. QUATTRO VAGINA?????

Not with that attitude it won't.

if i liked code gayass and eva but hates big o, which gundam is for me?

I want to watch X. Garrod seems like a cool MC from my experience playing with him in Musou Gundam 3.

If G Gundam is bad taste i don't want to have good taste.

Seed and Destiny are horrible but not unenjoyable
00's also a fun watch
Gunpla builders was a cool concept too (I mean the ova not bf)

Because it's terrible.

no it aint

>0079
>movies
>not the series

nigga

You have to watch everything in release order.

Because you've only ever seen three Gundam shows in your life?

>three Gundam shows
It's probably closer to three Gundam OVAs user.

This desu senpai
Also Wing was the first Gundam I ever watched when they played the dub on Saturday morning cartoons so I am biased to say objectively the best Gundam besides pic related

Christ, every time with this shit. It's pretty simple really: Production order. Always.

0079. Series, not the movies, though the third movie is actually quite good. There's a lot to appreciate about the kind of bumbling series that 0079 is, but if you're not into older anime it might be a bit of a slog. It's kinda goofy, kinda poorly animated, but the core of the show resonates incredibly strongly, or we wouldn't still be talking about it today.

From there, Zeta. DEFINITELY not the movies because they're from the mid-2000s, have awful subs, and are not very good in general, but the show itself is quite good. My favorite, actually, especially in terms of Universal Century (the main continuity). Better animation, higher budget, killer tunes, 80's as hell. What's not to like?

Past that, you're more or less free to continue through the years watching sort of... whatever. Do you want more OYW/0079 style stuff? The OVAs. 0080, 08th, 0083. With the context of 0079 and Zeta you get a lot out of those. Do you want to continue the plotline of Amuro/Char/UC in general? ZZ, Char's Counterattack. ZZ is divisive, but if you can tolerate some stupidity, it's still a fun series, if not on the same caliber as its predecessors. And CCA is a beautiful movie, bit of a weird plot, but a very definitive "endpoint" for UC, at least for the time.

After that, you're in the 90's. This is when sunrise started to branch out from simply the UC chronology and made gundam shows that weren't necessarily in line with the previous canon. You have Victory, which is UC, but far enough in the future that it's not too terribly related to anything. You have G, Wing, X. Try them out, see if you like them. And then try on Turn A. It's a series that's very different, but you get a lot out of it after having already immersed yourself in the legacy gundam has built up to this point. My second favorite show, stellar designs and music, and such a fucking interesting show.

Then you're in the 2000s. Things get rocky. More divisive than anything before. SEED was a huge financial success, but reactions to it among the more die-hard are... mixed, putting it lightly. I personally think the middle of the first SEED is the only part that has a passing resemblance at something good, but it does have nice looking robots, so if you're into that, there's that, I guess. Hilariously terrible dub too if you wanna watch something and make fun of it.

Then you have 00. Again, divisive. I actually kind of like it, but by the second season it turns into sunrise's wild ride, which might not be your thing. (It's mine though hoo boy I love that stupid shit). Also there's various side story things. igloo, compilation movies, SD Gundam, manga, novels, etc. That shit's for the hardcore. If you're IN, then, well, have fun. If you're not that in, don't worry.

Then came Unicorn. Still don't know how I feel about it. It continues the UC story close to where CCA left off all those years ago, and man is it pretty. The plot is... well, again, divisive among some. Worth watching I think merely for the spectacle, if nothing else.

AGE, Reconguista n G, Iron-Blooded Orphans, these are all, again, unrelated continuity-wise, and people have various opinions. I'm more of a UC-fag, so I tend to lean towards the older shows, but you can check them out and form your own opinions. Do check out Gundam Build Fighters at this point though, because it's just pure fun fanservice and "OH ITS THAT ROBOT I LIKED FUCK YEAH" as they throw character references at you non stop. Great stuff, super fun. Thunderbolt is dope too. More OYW pandering for a UC-fag like me.

Any questions?

Zeta is shit.

its got the right basic idea to cross out all the 'series' below. Seriously, the each having nothing to do with the real franchise, so its ultimately a waste of time. You'll be an old man before you even get through all the real gundam. As for the real gundam, remove all the crosses. Not because i'm saying they're all worth watching, but most are actually short oavs, so you can afford looking and making up your own mind

When watching 0079 just watch the three movie compilation, dont bother with the series at all. Not only is it the gundam creators offcially endorsed version, it does away with a lot of trite shit the series had, like monster of the week

That last Origin OVA was great.

Only because it makes this moment so much sweeter.